Empire Mine State Historic Park Reviews

6 | Grass Valley, CA

6 Reviews for Empire Mine State Historic Park

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing venue

My wife and I adore this venue. We were married here 09/22/2018 and everything was stunning. The park wedding coordinator, David, was so helpful and made sure we knew exactly what to expect. The park has some stricter guidelines than some venues, rightfully so since it is a state park. The rules/regulations were very clearly laid out, and when we signed the contract, we knew exactly what was being covered. The setting is amazing and we got so many compliments on how gorgeous the grounds were-it was truly magical. Thank you Empire Mines for making our special day everything we dreamed of!

Jessica and Emily Walsh

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Jentry

Jentry · Married on 08/28/2011

The Empire Mine was simply an amazing place to get married. It is straight up gorgeous. Without any decor, the Empire Mine provides a visual feast with all the lovely gardens and historic buildings. I just fell in love with it the first time I saw it. As a wedding photographer, I see many venues all over Northern California and Northern Nevada, and if I could do it over again, I would still choose the Empire Mine to host my wedding ceremony and reception. Barbara was very accommodating and the day went smoothly as I expected. There were no surprises, which was wonderful. I received no complaints from any of my vendors, and it seemed like everyone was happy to provide services there for our wedding. I highly recommend hosting your wedding at the Empire Mine.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2008

3.0

I had my ceremony and reception here, and it was worth it. The grounds are beautiful and so green in the spring. I didn't need many floral arrangements since there were so many gardens on the grounds already. The staff are very friendly and quick to respond. The only thing to consider is that it is a state park so they are very particular on the vendors you bring in esp. catering and bartending. If that's not a problem for you I highly suggest considering the Empire Mine for your outdoor wedding. Stunning!

Sent on 07/13/2008
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 09/28/2018

3.0

Absolutely gorgeous venue - Worth the hoops!

Not surprising that a state park would have some extra hoops to jump through and stricter rules to follow than other venues, but we were so drawn to the beauty of the grounds that it was 100% worth it to us to deal with the limitations - I am SO glad that we did! I can't imagine a more perfect setting for our wedding. The park staff we interacted with were all friendly and helpful during planning and on the day of the wedding. The fee doesn't include much (Use of the space along with tables and chairs plus some rangers), but if you're happy to pull together a stellar vendor team it really doesn't matter. I would choose Empire Mine again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Empire Mine State Historic Park's reply:

Thank you for your review. We hope your future to be bright and filled with happiness. We are indeed a bit more restricted in use than private venues, but the beauty of the park and some of the limitations we find actually help in the planning of a great wedding day.
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 05/19/2018

3.5

Empire Mine is Gorgeous! You will definitely save on decorations here because they are just icing on the cake at this location. It is a challenge to get a date so I recommend this venue for patient couples. Once you get a date, the staff is great to work with. It is a state park so it does come with some strict rules, but they are worth it and in the end you might be glad for most of them.

Sent on 05/31/2018

3.4
      3.0

Let me start this with, my husband and I LOVED this site! You really can't get any better and I would not change this location for the world. Now, lets get dirty. At first, the onsite wedding coordinator was very nice and responded quickly to all of our questions but was a little rude to my fiance. The first time we met in person she didn't even shake his hand or ask for him name and barely talked to him and would only talk to me or my mom. After this, things got worse after we submitted our down deposit-we barely EVER heard from her again except for one week before the wedding when she asked for a SECOND damage deposit because she lost the first one. Luckily, it was located but all of our transactions were lengthy and difficult and I kept a better track of dates then she did. Overall though, totally worth, the site is excellent, just be warned!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Empire Mine State Historic Park's reply:

This is a very old Review- I'm been here 4 years and most everyone I interact with has been happy. (David)