Empire Limousine Reviews

20 | Chicago, IL

20 Reviews for Empire Limousine

20 Empire Limousine Reviews

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

I’m so glad we hired Empire Limousine for our wedding day trolley! There were so professional and easy to work with during the planning stages. AND they were very affordable! They confirmed all of our information the week before our wedding and arrived early for our pick up time. The trolley was so adorable, clean, and air conditioned (which was perfect for our HOT September wedding day). I wish I could remember our driver’s name because he was so friendly, professional, and fun the whole time we were with him. I would definitely use Empire Limousine in the future and recommend them to anyone for wedding day transportation!

Empire Limousine 1

We searched around for party buses to accomodate our large wedding party. We chose Empire limousine based on a referral from a friend and cost. They were by far the most reasonable in terms of price compared to what we were finding. We had the black party bus that accomodated 21 people. It was very clean, new, had stereo system to hook up our ipod, had flat screen tv, and they provided ice and water in the coolers for us. They were very easy to work with (signing the contract, paying, etc). The driver was on time and very nice and the best part is that the gratuity was included in the price so it was all paid up front and we didn't have to worry about anything that day. Great service!

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2010

We used Empire Limo for our wedding day transportation this July 2010. Empire Limo had the best price I could find around the city by hundreds! We had a large bridal party of 18 plus the photographer and videographers so we rented Empire’s Party Bus that seats 22. There was SO much room inside, the air conditioning was fantastic and it was clean. Their customer service was excellent, always really nice over the phone and had very prompt service. On our wedding day they were on time, our driver was great, personable, dressed professionally and knew all the best routes to take to avoid traffic. I didn’t know at the time but I actually found out later that our driver’s wife was in labor while he was on duty for our wedding! He never said anything and totally kept calm which I thought was applauding. For a Saturday wedding in the afternoon all the way to the reception we never hit traffic. (Those of you who live in the city you know how amazing that is!) One thing to know-bring your own coolers if you want to drink. We brought our own champagne and liquor, they provide you with soda and water. Overall, I would definitely recommend Empire Limo-thank you!!

Sara · Married on 03/20/2010

Empire Limousine did a great job with our wedding transportation. The driver was very professional and they were able to work around all of the stops that we wanted to make. I would highly recommend them.

Hollee · Married on 09/13/2009

We had a great experience with this vendor. Driver was on time and very helpful, plus provided us with free champagne and beer. Clean interior, although didn't look like what was on the website.

Annie · Married on 06/26/2009

I did a lot of research b/c I heard all of the horror stories about people and the limo service they got for their wedding-not the case with Empire!! They got a good better business bereau review and I heard good things from a friend. I was so glad I used them! The driver was super nice and even carried my dress train!!! I didn't ask-he volunteered so it didn't get dirty when I walked in and out of the church! he decorated the limo and was super nice to everybody! He was on time and got us everywhere we needed to be on time-and where we went offsite for pictures was not the easiest place to find! Everybody at the company that I talked to was also great. They were very friendly and the price was sweet for the amount of time and stretch suv we got!!

Danielle · Married on 08/19/2006

We used them for our bachelorette and bachelor party and it was a nice pimped out SUV limo with timely and professional service and great price. We also used them for our wedding - last minute - b/c the other company we had contracted with tried to screw us over by wanting to drive us on our wedding day in a limo that was damaged from an accident that was visible. Metin at Empire Limos stepped up and just a few weeks before the wedding came through and provided a beautiful SUV limo that accommodated our large bridal party and gave us the same price the other company had contracted with us for - which was under his prices - but wanted to help our wedding day go smoothly. Since then, other friends of ours have used his services for birthdays, other parties or just for a nite on the town and he's taken care of them in style! I would HIGHLY recommend Empire Limos.....HIRE METIN!

Stephanie · Married on 08/28/2009

3.5

Empire had a great price. We had a couple of issues with the contract, but no issues on our wedding day. Our driver was professional and courteous.

Richard · Married on 04/11/2015

3.5

We wanted a trolley for our wedding transportation to and from the hotel and church and back. After looking at many of the big companies, we found empire and used them. They are a small company that offers great personal service. The driver was friendly and on time.

Molly · Married on 10/04/2008

3.5

My communication with this company was positive. We had a 10 person black limousine for our wedding day. The driver was on time, friendly, and accomodating. The limo was clean and spacious. I found the prices to be more affordable compared to other companies.

• Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2009

4.2
      3.5

We worked with Nicole and she was a doll. Empire limo had really reasonable prices. We went with a party bus which was an excellent choice, especially when you have a Cinderella dress and a bridal party of 14+. Everything was great, Nick was on time, the bus was clean (except for the door which gave me a grease spot on my train that never came out...had to walk down the aisle with a nice brown spot on my train) and the music and champaign were flowing.

My only problem was the close we got to 6 o'clock, Nick became "antsy" (if that's the correct spelling). Apparently he had another "wedding" to drive at 7. Who does that? Why would you schedule two weddings back to back on a Saturday when you know there's going to be traffic and unforseen events that may hold a group back? He started complaining how he could get in trouble, and if he gets in trouble we'd have to pay for his loss of commission or something. I can't remember what it was exactly, but it made me feel like if he were late...it was our fault. Explains our lower scores.

A party bus was definitely the way to go. Everyone in the bridal party agreed.

Aurora · Married on 03/07/2009

4.2

We used their point-to-point service for 2 limos to get us from our getting-ready locations to the venue and then got a town car to get me and my husband home. They were affordable, on time (early actaully) and the limos and drivers were very nice. I especially like that they included gratuity in the price, so we did not have to worry about carrying cash.

sam · Married on 06/12/2009

3.0

I really liked the limo I got. Because of cost I had to get the limo bus, which I thought would be like a shuttle bus. It was huge and awesome and it cost like $500. It did come late, but that was because of traffic. Luckily I planned to leave extra early in case of traffic. The driver was also not dressed very nicely. He was in jeans and a t-shirt, but no one outside the bus saw him.

Lenard · Married on 12/06/2008

3.6
      3.5

Service was ok, they did everything right, didn't rush us at all. The price seemed right, even though we went over-time, the extra that they charged us didn't seem that bad in comparison to other companies. Nice selection of vehicles.

Lija · Married on 05/16/2009

2.6
      3.0

The limo was very nice and he was on time. However, we were running about thirty minutes behind schedule. The limo driver dropped us off at our picture location and when our time was up and would not let us add extra time. We only needed about another half hour. He left us at the lake and I ended up having to call cabs to come pick the entire bridal party up and transport us to the reception. While, I realize it was our fault that we were running behind schedule, it would have been nice to have a limo company that could have be a bit more flexiable, considering that almost all wedding run behind schedule.

Julie · Married on 05/09/2009

2.4
      2.5
      2.0

I was impressed with Empire at the beginning and their responsiveness to picking up myself, my husband and all of our family at the airport and bringing us to the hotel. We also used Empire for our wedding day. I was extremely disappointed with the quality of the Limo we reserved and expected much more for the money spent! As my husband and I were exiting the limo, the driver had the nerve to ask for a tip!!! (Which was included in the prepayment) Needless to say, I would not recommend Empire to anyone!

1.8
      0.5
      1.0
      0.5
      2.0

I hired Empire Limousine for my wedding and it was a total nightmare. My Limo driver got lost on the way to our reception and we ended in a residential area far from our reception venue and arrieved 45 Minutes late. He also short changed us with time. Do NOT use Empire Limousine!!! I tried to save a few bucks because they were cheaper then everyone else. However, you get what you pay for and their service was absolutley horribile. The Limo was not clean either inside, the floor was coming apart and the coke cans in the back were all expired. A/C was also not working properly. Worse Limo I have ever been in. Again, do not use Empire Limo!

Kristen · Married on 06/19/2010

0.4
      2.5
      0.0

The driver was rude and incompetent. He got lost and almost got the limo stuck under an L track. He did not help anyone on or off the limo either.

Lindsey · Married on 06/21/2008

0.4
      1.0
      1.5
      0.0

They were OK for booking. They had a low cost, then they somehow turned disasterous.. Please do not go w/ them. They cost was suppose to be $975 so I signed contract, then after I signed contract they wanted a gast charge of $50 per way, then when I got the Bill and extra $344.61 was added on for time they said we went over and a wait time.. Keep in mind we did not go over.. The driver had a person in the limo sign a piece of paper saying "this is just stating I dropped you guys off at the correct time, and I really don't want to bother the bride or groom." I was in contract so they should have asked me. The limo was a disaster, it smelled like smoke, there were tears in the leather, it was dirty, the windows wouldn't roll down, the doors were broke.. It was a mess.. I would not reccomend them. we are still trying to fight getting those charges off!!

Anna · Married on 09/25/2010

0.0

Avoid this company at all costs! On the day of the wedding, the limo showed up to pick up the bride and bridesmaids at her house. The limo was not the limo that the groom had ordered and had a burnt out headlight. Additioally, the driver was extremely rude, and upon his arrival to the brides house, demanded payment from the bride before he left the house. The issue here is that the groom provided the company with his credit card information two weeks prior to the event. Payment was to be taken in full, however, the limo company chose not to do so. Additionally, the driver began to embarass the bride by inquiring "Where is my money? I didnt get my money" in front of the house guests. The proper protocol would have been to call the groom, since he was the person that made the reservation in the first place. The limo dropped the bride and bridesmaids at the photo location and then proceeded to pick up the groom and groomsmen. The limo driver was provided with a receipt of payment and then began to debate the cost with the groom. In the end, the company overcharged the groom's credit card by more than $100 above the contracted agreement. The company was notified of this overcharge and stated that they would adjust the payment. After 2 weeks of constant run-arounds by the company, no reimbursement was made to the groom. Once again, avoid this company at all costs.