91 Reviews for Emma Cleary Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Video (1)
Save the Date (1)
91 Emma Cleary Photography Reviews

Emma and Nikola were very professional and both were a pleasure to work with. The photos were absolutely beautiful and everyone loved them! We barely noticed them at the wedding but they were still able to capture every important moment. We can't wait to see the album!

Profile Picture Inah, 12/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emma was responsive, insightful and ultimately took fantastic photos. I couldn't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Ambre, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Emma is an absolutely amazing photographer. Not only did she take incredible pictures at my wedding, any specific picture I asked for she made sure she got for me. I was a very stressed bride and she was still able to work with me and not only calm me down but take amazing pictures in the process. From my experience with her, it is obvious that every job she takes is incredibly important to her and it shows. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Emma and her work.

Profile Picture Kristal, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Video, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Emma did an unbelievable job at capturing our wedding day. The pictures are beyond beautiful. They are absolutely stunning!!! I'm having a hard time with which pictures I'd want in my album...I want them all. Emma had photographed us for our engagement shoot as well and the feedback from our friends and family further affirmed our appreciation of the pictures. Emma and her 2nd shooter (Massimo) are extremely professional and were on time and ready to go on the day of the wedding. They know all the details that need to be captured and work with you for any special requests. My pictures could easily belong in a high fashion magazine. The quality of their work is unparalleled and I would choose Emma and her team for any future events in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Jyoti, 10/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files

My fiancé and I came to Emma on somewhat of a short notice to take our engagement photos because we missed the opportunity to capture our proposal. I spent 2 weeks looking at various photographers and their portfolios but I kept coming back to Emma Cleary! Her vision, style and execution was exactly what we wanted. I was also pleased at how fair her pricing is considering the many accolades and press she's received. When it was time for our shoot we had unexpected weather challenges and Emma graciously remained flexible with changing the date and time to offer the best photo opportunities and comfortable weather conditions. I can't speak enough to her professionalism, fun and quirky direction during the shoot, her ideas were so original (even without inspiration shots). Emma was always "checking in" with us to make sure we were enjoying the process and if we wanted to offer our ideas as the shoot went on. She also took the time to get to know us and tell us a bit more about herself. I could go on and on but I truly look forward to working with Emma for upcoming events and hopefully a few years from now for a baby shoot! She's simply awesome!

Profile Picture Teryn, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Slideshow

We used Emma for both our engagement photos and wedding photos and could not be happier! When it was supposed to rain the day of our engagement photos, she was so flexible in waiting to see if the weather would cooperate, and when it looked at the last minute that it would be fine, we made a late decision to go through with them and they turned out great. For our wedding, Emma came with the bride and bridesmaid and her assistant went to the groomsmen. My husband and his groomsmen had so much fun with her assistant as well. Emma was also very flexible the night of the wedding, when at the last minute we asked to add on another half hour of time and she said it was not a problem. We got out photos back very quickly (within a month or so) and they were all amazing! I'd definitely recommend Emma for anyone's engagement and/or wedding photos.

Profile Picture Christine, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Wedding Portraits, Albums, Digital Files
4.7

Emma & Massimo shot our October 2017 wedding and it was wonderful. From our initial meeting to answering questions along the way Emma was very attentive and helped provide expert professional guidance & advice.

I appreciated Emma's straight forward & relaxed approach to shooting, she showed up calm cool and collected, prioritized any requests we had and helped naturally guide us while thoughtfully focusing on capturing who we were on that day. The nerves, the laughs, the tears, it all made it in. All first looks aside (which were wonderful) they way Emma & Massimo captured the ceremony and the reception exceeded my expectations. Every in between moment and every couple, child, and family member was captured in such a special way. Forget shot sheets, posing, and table visits — letting them do their thing while we just had a great time was the best, highly recommend.

The care, detail, and expertise with which Emma edited the photos was truly remarkable, so grateful to have such a fantastic day captured forever in such a immaculate way.

Photos
Profile Picture Beckie, 10/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emma and Masimo were a great duo on our wedding day. They were efficient and no nonsense which I appreciated. The pictures came out beautifully and they were able to unintrusively capture some very special moments. Great work

Profile Picture Kerrin, 10/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We used Emma Cleary Photo and Video for our New York City Wedding on 11/25/17. Emma, Massimo and Aaron were so amazing to work with. Our pictures were just amazing. We had told Emma when we first met that we wanted to take many "New York City" photos on the day of the wedding and she did not disappoint! She sent us a schedule prior to the wedding setting out times for first looks and made sure that we got our New York City photos on Stone Street and in Battery Park. Her organization was superb! On the day of the wedding Aaron and Massimo arrived on time and their creative eyes really captured our day in such a beautiful way. My best friend recommended Emma Cleary to me last year and I would recommend her to anyone looking for artistic and beautiful photos and video.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Emma and her team are spectacular. Emma was our wedding photographer and traveled to Philadelphia for us to capture our wedding. She's easygoing, professional and has great attention to detail. Her photographic style is a blend of high style and "in the moment" candid shots. She captured all the great little moments throughout the day. I don't know how she did it, but she did. She and her team are total professionals. Book them! You won't regret it. :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

FANTASTIC job done by Emma for our daughter's wedding! Such beautiful shots! The dress! The first look! The getting ready shots and the ceremony! All so great! And the scenery! Oh my gosh! She also got great candid shots! So, so nice! She always seemed to be everywhere at the right time. I'd be hugging someone and there she would appear to snap a photo. The mark of great photographer. I also admired how she handled the groomsman, getting the perfect shots. I chuckled in my head as she gave them clear instructions "hands right over left...right...over left." They listened with due respect—and those shots came out beautifully. I have so many “favorite” shots. I don’t know how we'll ever narrow it down!

Profile Picture Sandie, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We had the pleasure of working with Emma this year as our wedding photographer. She first captured our engagement session last fall, and we were thrilled with the results. On our wedding day In September 2017, she was professional, organized, and easy to work with. She brought Massimo as her assistant for the day, and it was lovely working with him as well. We couldn't be happier with the overall results! We recently received all of our photos and they captured every moment beautifully. Her editing and eye for detail is impeccable. We highly recommend Emma!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emma Cleary is an absolute professional at her craft. It's quite simple, if you want the best outcome of such a precious aspect of your wedding, then call Emma. She and her team photographed our wedding in August and her skill is complimented by her patience, attention to deal, and orchestration of events. We are thrilled with the outcome and forever grateful. Call Emma; get your time reserved; and then cross this huge task off your list.

Profile Picture Russ, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married at India House in NYC and we're so glad we worked with Emma. She was amazing--patient, detail-oriented (at one point she said I had a hair in my eye, which I didn't feel!), very creative, and helped with fun poses. Every single image (I'm not exaggerating!) came out perfect! Natural, candid pictures that really reflected the mood and ambiance of the wedding. Thank you, Emma!

Profile Picture Martha , 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, High-Res Images

Emma was so amazing to work with! I just received my photos and absolutely love them! I did not have a huge shot list and told her I wanted more candids, I honestly was not sure what I wanted but she captured everything and looking through the photos was like reliving the day. Emma is super calm and efficient, she was perfect on the wedding day!

Profile Picture brittany, 7/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Emma is the consummate professional in every way, I couldn't have asked for a better experience. For me, getting the best photographer was very important to me since the photos will last a lifetime. I went through many, many portfolios of photographers and knew she was the one when I saw her work. I booked her 1.5 years before my wedding. She is responsive to email and took the time to plan out the day-of itinerary with me to get the shots I want. Her and Massimo arrived on time on my wedding day and was super professional. She also delivered the digital copies of the photos to me about 3 weeks after the wedding and the CD soon after, which was quicker than I expected. I am absolutely in LOVE with my pictures! Everyone also has commented on how beautiful and professional the pictures look. Emma caught moments that I missed being that it's pretty hectic for the bride and groom on the big day. We are currently working on the albums and I cannot wait to see how they come out. She designed the album and placed the order so quickly. Her top-notch service and skill are worth every penny, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Mary, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

My wife and I were married at Highlands Country Club in Garrison, NY in June 2017. We had picture-perfect weather, and Emma Cleary and her assistant, Dmitri, took full advantage of that! Emma did an amazing job capturing every moment before, during, and after our wedding. She made the whole experience a lot of fun for us, and was a pleasure to work with on the pre and post-wedding items as well. Emma turned around our photos very quickly and provided us with several very easy ways to access and share our photos with our friends and family. We would recommend Emma to anyone looking for a photographer in the NYC area!

Profile Picture Gregory, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Emma Cleary as our photographer for our wedding on April 8th, 2o17 at Seasons Catering and Events in NJ. Emma was excellent at giving us direction during our wedding shoot (which we needed) and she captured beautiful moments throughout our wedding. Emma is very organized, professizonal, easy to communicate with, and is truly a talented photographer! I highly recommend using Emma as your photographer if you are looking for outstanding, memorable photos.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Emma Cleary to shoot our engagement photos and our wedding and it was a great decision. We looked at a lot of talented photographers, but chose Emma because her photos were just more vibrant. She truly takes exquisite photographs. We just received our wedding photos and couldn't be happier. Thank you Emma!

Profile Picture Sabrina, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Wedding Portraits

We were so thrilled to have had Emma as our photographer for our December wedding. She was a recommended vendor of our venue, who had shown us examples of her work. We knew instantly she was talented with a keen eye for detail, and as we did further research, we easily saw that she stood out among an endless list of other photographers.

In particular, Emma has an ability to capture the moments of the wedding very candidly without ever looking contrived. Her photos also seemed to bring life to the events she captured. We twice worked with her, once for our engagement shoot, and then obviously for the wedding. Both times we were so pleased with the final product, and we were left with gorgeous photos to show off to and share with our family and friends. Working with her was very natural, as she quietly works an event without detracting from everyone's focus on the couple. We also loved Massimo, who worked with her on the day of our wedding.

Most importantly, they were extraordinarily organized on the day of the wedding. They worked with us and our venue manager to establish a timeline that was stress-free and never left us rushing. She also built in some down-time so that my husband and I had time to just relax with our wedding party before the ceremony. She also thought of things that never occurred to me, like bringing invitations for the photography and setting up beautiful photos of the dress. Her and Massimo were able to walk us through some of the details of the day that we may not have been aware of otherwise. Everything went so smoothly, and knowing you can trust her knowledge takes so much stress off your shoulders on what can be a very chaotic day.

You'll be in great hands with Emma from start to finish and will be left with beautiful photos to help you always remember your big day.

Profile Picture Andrea, 12/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

Emma and her team provided quality photographs. On our wedding day, she was able to gather guests into photos in a polite and persuasive manner. She expressed patience and attention to detail, which was reflected in our photographs.

Profile Picture Patricia, 11/19/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

As a former photographer, I knew that hiring a wedding photographer would be no easy task. I have a pretty critical eye when it comes to photos and so finding a photographer who's aesthetic was one that really spoke to me was of great importance. When I found Emma Cleary and her work I was totally in awe. Every photo on her website was perfection, and when I had the chance to look through more albums in person during our consultation, again every photo was more beautiful than the next. This is why we hired Emma, because each photo we saw was flawless and she delivered on our day as well.
Emma has a keen understanding of lighting and composition and her assistant Massimo is so talented as well. He captured my 90-year-old grandpa in one particular portrait that basically sums up my sweet grandpa perfectly; I'll always be so grateful to have that photo.
With over a thousand photos to choose from, there were SO many good ones - it's hard to pick which will go in the album! Along with the incredibly talented videographer, Edison Koo, beautiful moments were captured with family members and friends that we will treasure forever.

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/13/16, 1 Review
4.7

Emma Cleary Photography did a great job with our wedding day photos. In preparation for the wedding, Emma was very professional and she always responded to inquires promptly. Our actual photographers the day of were Massimo and Aaron, but Emma did all of the editing. I felt the price we paid was fair.

I was impressed with the final product and most of the shots came out beautifully. Overall the photo series was fantastic. Emma turned around the images within the time-frame she had promised. I would recommend her and her team for any event.

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so so so happy that I found Emma and her photographers!! Aaron did our engagement session in Central Park in the spring and did an amazing job getting shots that made it look like we were the only ones in the park. We just got married in October in Tarrytown NY and had Massimo join us for the day. They were so fantastic! They listened to all of our requests and all of the pictures they got absolutely show how enthusiastic and happy our day was. I would absolutely would recommend using these guys!

Profile Picture Adi, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

Emma and Massimo were a fantastic duo! We chose our wedding venue, Boscobel House and Gardens because of the stunning grounds and views of the Hudson River Valley. Living internationally, it was not easy to plan our wedding, especially selecting a photographer, arguably one of the most important elements of a wedding. From the trusted advice of my sister, who met Emma at The Garrison, we booked Emma with only a few email correspondences. Emma was responsive and flexible from the very start, answering questions for us remotely and scheduling an in person meeting when I was home visiting family over the summer. Emma’s calm, reassuring demeanor was the perfect fit for our unique circumstances.

We couldn’t be more delighted as Emma captured amazing photos of our special day and was extremely professional throughout. Prompt, patient and creative, Emma arrived with a smile and sense of tranquility that immediately put the bride, mother of the bride and bridesmaids at ease. Massimo snapped great shots of the groom and groomsmen as they prepped in a nearby location. Quiet and unassuming, he captured small, yet significant moments in a genuine manner.

Emma ensured that our wedding was forever remembered with countless photos in a myriad of locations around the expansive, historical grounds and along the Hudson River. She found beauty in the most surprising places that we hadn’t thought of! Emma was terrific at navigating and bringing together our large family and was able to snap incredible shots of everyone! Emma’s professionalism and expertise allowed her to direct us and our family and friends in an effortless manner. We are so grateful to have so many remarkable photos of our wedding. Thank you, Emma for making our day with family and friends unforgettable!

Profile Picture Laura , 10/14/16, 1 Review