Emily's Makeup Designs Reviews

13 | Medford, MA

13 Reviews for Emily's Makeup Designs

Emily · Married on 07/27/2013

Emily is a bride's dream! During the planning process, she was so responsive and accommodating. She did TWO trials for me. Most makeup artists would (understandably) be annoyed but she was so sweet and made me feel as though it was no trouble. As for her talent, I mean, she's incredible. She did my mom's makeup and my mom said she had never felt so beautiful in her life. She looked it too! As for my makeup, she seriously made me glow. She really listens to your vision and then just makes it happen, but like better than you even imagined. And if you're considering airbrush - do it. Seriously, it's amazing.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/08/2013

Emily did my wedding day make-up as well as most of my bridesmaids (6), the MOB, and MOG. Everyone looked beautiful, both in person and in pictures that I've seen so far. They were all happy with their make-up and the sister of one of my bridesmaids even took Emily's card for one of her friends getting married this fall.
    When Emily came for my make-up trial, she was very accommodating and flexible with my availability (I'm an out-of-town bride). She looked at the pictures that I had, taking inspiration from those and my wedding colors. She assured me that my make-up would still look as great in June with my spray tan - and it DID! (I had my trial in December)
    Getting ready for the wedding day was a piece of cake, she maintained communication with me and even went out to buy my wedding day lip gloss so that I would have something to refresh my lips with after the ceremony and throughout the night. She arrived on time and worked quickly. She even took the time to put some make-up on my 3 year old flower girl so she could feel like one of the "big girls". She had a great personality and fit right in with everyone (there were a LOT of people in the bridal suite that day).
    The majority of my bridal part doesn't wear a lot of make-up on a regular basis and were concerned that they wouldn't look like themselves. Emily took this into consideration and she made everyone look like their best self, and not overdone. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing about my make-up and Emily. Thank you so much Emily!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2013

I recently had my makeup done by Emily for a boudoir shoot that I did to surprise my future hubby with. Emily was referred to me by the photographer, so I emailed her. She responded very quickly with the info that I requested. She was flexible in the location and even met me over at the photographer's studio an hour before the shoot, which was awesome. The makeup was great and lasted all day long. I had it done at 11am and it still looked great at 8pm that night. I am thrilled with the way it came out. I didn't really give her any ideas, I told her I wanted something a bit dramatic and she definitely delivered. She is great and I would definitely use her again for future needs. If I was getting married in MA, she'd be doing my wedding!

Sent on 03/10/2013

Lucia · Married on 03/23/2013

Emily was an absolute joy to work with, and she made us both feel like stunningly, beautiful brides. She was able to give us the exact look we were hoping for - casual elegance. And everyone in our bridal party looked gorgeous, too. In fact, one of our bridesmaids said that she never felt so beautiful.

We admittedly didn't think that our makeup would be able to last through the entire evening, but it held up beautifully. It felt and looked light, but was great for pictures and videography -- and it lasted.

On a professional level, Emily was outstanding. Very professional and was gracious when we asked for a second trial run (when one of the brides decided she wanted to try a different look). All the great things you'd look for in any professional. We'd hire her again in a heartbeat. Thanks, Emily!!!

Sent on 04/08/2013

Shauna · Married on 10/12/2012

From the first point of contact Emily was such a talented and responsive professional. She came to my house on a weekend morning for a makeup trial for my wedding. We sat and talked about what I normally wear for makeup and then about what I was looking for. Emily listened, gave suggestions, and was able to put together the perfect look for my big day. She kept in touch leading up to the wedding day and easily recreated that perfect look for me. I received so many compliments, the largest from my husband. Additionally she did makeup for the bridesmaids and they all looked absolutely gorgeous. Emily was the best!

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • Aimee R (formerly Aimee B)

Aimee · Married on 09/15/2012

I cannot say enough amazing things about not only Emily but of her truly exceptional talent as a makeup artist. I have been lucky enough to not only work with Emily for multiple events but also at my very own wedding last weekend. I received SO many compliments that night and still have multiple friends asking who did my makeup!

She is professional, truly talented, upbeat and really takes the time to listen to you and work to achieve the best possible you for whatever the event may be.

Any and every question I had about makeup along the process she was able to answer which is SO refreshing! To have someone with not only such talent but knowledge really instills that extra confidence that you are in the right hands.

Emily is exceptional and someone I hope to work with again down the road. Who doesn't want to look exceptionally beautiful?!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2012

Emily was wonderful to work with. very easy going and very professional. She came to my house at a time that was perfect for both of us and I had a great make- up trial. She even loved my cats who were rather interested in what we we're doing! She traveled to Gloucester for my beach wedding and endured the up and down count of who exactly was having make- up done. We did a lot of our communication over facebook which made things super easy.
    The make- up came out amazing. My confidence level was very high as a result of this! Everything that day went very smooth. Emily and her assistant were on time and focused on keeping us on schedule without sacrificing their quality.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Holly · Married on 05/19/2012

Emily was an absolute dream to work with. I hired her to do my makeup as well as a few other ladies in my wedding party. She did an amazing job and stayed true to the schedule we needed to stick to. She did not rush through any of the girls make up and took time to make everyone look absolutely stunning. Quality was also fantastic, my make up lasted from 3pm until midnight with barely any touchups needed(just on my lips). I would absolutely recommend Emily to anyone who needs their makeup done, she is reasonably priced, very talented and will make you look your best on the biggest day of your life.

Sent on 06/18/2012

Sarah · Married on 09/04/2011

Emily did a great job with the make up for our wedding! She did my makeup as well as 2 bridemaids and my mom and was able to time us all perfectly to be ready for pictures. She made us all very comfortable and was a pleasure to work with. She was also very flexible and was able to come to my house for the trial, which was so convenient! We were all extremely happy with how our maekup turned out. Thank you Emily!!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Alicia · Married on 07/02/2011

If you're searching for a makeup artist look no further. Emily is a true professional and amazingly talented. As a girl who normally doesn't wear much makeup, I was very nervous that I'd look too done up and not myself. After our trial run all fears were gone, Emily worked with me, my likes and dislikes and did a beautiful job on myself, bridesmaids and mother of the bride. The day of the wedding was very humid, but not once did I feel like I even had makeup on. Through heat, tears, dancing and sweating . . my makeup still looked as fresh at midnight as it did at 2pm! I can not say enough good things about Emily's Makeup Designs and highly recommend her for your wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 05/21/2011

Emily did my makeup for my wedding and it came out absolutely amazing. She was incredibly professional and very sweet. She came to my house a few months before the trial and the day of the wedding I felt completely comfortable in her capable hands. She was also on time to both the trial and the day of the wedding which was a huge plus in my book! She gave me the most amazing lashes in the world and I got complements on them my entire wedding day. I was also amazed that at the end of the night, my makeup looked just as good as when she had first applied it. I would recommend Emily to anyone and everyone in need of a wonderfully talented makeup artist.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Michelle · Married on 12/11/2010

Emily's Makeup Designs was honestly one of the best vendor choices I made for my wedding. After a few trials gone wrong with other makeup artists, Emily rescued me and made me feel flawless on my wedding day. From our very first meeting I had no doubt she would do an excellent job- and she did. My entire wedding party (5 bridesmaids and my Mom) all raved about her. She was recommended to me by 2 coworkers as they had both used her for their weddings. I am so happy with my decision to have her do my makeup and I have already recommended her to other friends getting married. You will be so happy if you choose to have Emily do your makeup- trust me!

Sent on 09/13/2012

Julia · Married on 10/17/2010

Emily is wonderful! She did the makeup for me, my bridesmaids, & my mother for my wedding and we were all very pleased with the result & how well we looked after the long day. She was very helpful at creating a look for the day, dealing with allergies, making sure everyone felt comfortable, and was very flexible about her time and ability to work with our schedule the day of the wedding. I would recommend Emily to anyone who is looking for an excellent makeup artist for their big day.

Sent on 04/04/2011