Emily Dawn Artistry Reviews

82 | Studio City, CA

82 Reviews for Emily Dawn Artistry

Jeri · Married on 12/30/2013

My daughter, Katy, was married in August 2011 and I just celebrated my wedding December 30, 2013. I have known Emily for at least 13 years and she is the BEST!!!! My daughter was beautiful and confident, I was beautiful and confident. We used the same photographer for both our weddings and you can be sure Emily's creativity, expertise and love glowed in all our photos. Emily is knowledgeable, creative, fun, professional and flexible. She knows how to create the perfect look and we are so happy she is 'part of our family'. Shop no farther than EmilyDawn for both your hairstyle and cosmetic dreams.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Marissa · Married on 12/28/2013

Fives across the board for Emily and her team! Truly, the day wouldn't have been complete without Emily's help. She put together a rockstar team that helped me, my 8 bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and 2 moms look stunning for the big day!

Not only were they all experts at creating natural-looking makeup and hair, but they were great to be around on that special day!

Emily in particular is so full of life and joy. Her presence made the day that much more special. Not to mention, I bought the "insurance policy" as Emily calls it - which means that Emily was with us the ENTIRE day. From pre-photos, through photos and to the venue to make sure I still looked awesome before walking down that aisle. She even gave my groom a little spice for his hair!! She was amazing and I would recommend her and her team to anyone!

Sent on 01/05/2014

Kelly · Married on 11/29/2013

Emily and her team were simply fantastic at my wedding last month. They did hair and make up for my two bridesmaids, my mom, and my makeup. Everyone LOVED their work and I got complements all night. Emily even did two trials with me when I changed my mind about the makeup direction I wanted. I felt very fortunate that Emily and her team could do my wedding and knew I was in great hands.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Emily and her girls did an amazing job at my wedding! Emily was referred to me by my coordinator and when I first emailed her, she responded quickly with prices and availability. I booked her for the whole day just based on her great reviews and when we met at my hair trial, we really hit it off! She came to my apartment and we just had a blast talking about the wedding and every other thing, she's really easy to get along with. I showed her pictures of hair and didn't really have much to say about makeup as I usually don't wear much, but she made it look terrific. She was really easy to work with as far as corrections for hair and makeup and on my wedding day - I was simply her masterpiece! I felt and looked like a movie star. Seeing myself in pictures and videos, I still can't believe that's my face, my skin, and my hair! Now I know how the entertainment industry does it! With people like Emily. She made me look so elegant to match my dress style and I didn't wash my hair or face for like 2 days after my wedding because I just didn't want it to wash away (I know that's kind of gross but its true). She and her stylists arrived to the hotel right on time at 6:45am and set up in the room with 3 stations and just got down to business! I had 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and myself, and we were all done about 12:45 or so. Everyone loved their hair and makeup, one of my bridesmaids asked me for her contact info so she could use her again. We had the ipod going, mimosas, it was just one of my favorite parts of the day. And if I had a penny for everyone who told me I looked beautiful that day, I'd be rich!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2013

Emily did my hair for my wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Emily and her team were an absolute dream to work with! I showed Emily some pictures of what I had in mind, pictures of my dress and jewelry, and the style that she created was amazing! In addition, she listened to my thoughts at the trial, and incorporated those comments to ensure that the final product was both beautiful, that complimented me and something that I was comfortable with. I felt absolutely beautiful on my special day, and got a ton of compliments on my hair throughout the night. And most importantly (almost), my hair stayed put ALL night, through hours of dancing :-). And on top of all of that, Emily was an absolute delight to work with -- it was like I had a good friend doing my hair for my wedding. I would not hesitate to recommend Emily Dawn Artistry to anyone for their special occasion!!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Abigail · Married on 10/04/2013

I do not even know how to begin to express how amazing it was to spend time with Emily and her team on my wedding day!
    When I first started emailing with Emily about my wedding day, I knew she would be the perfect fit for me! After I met her to do my trial, I felt like she was my friend, and who wouldn't want to have their friend do their hair and makeup on their biggest day?!
    On my wedding day, Emily came with three other women who started to set up shop, turn on some of my favorite tunes, and start working on all my girls! I had 7 bridesmaids, one sister-in-law, my mom, and the mother-of-the-groom all scheduled for hair and makeup services!! It could have been a really hectic morning and afternoon, but it felt like a big party on my wedding day, and I knew I didn't have to worry about any of my girls having crazy make-up or hair. Emily had created a master schedule for all of my girls, and they stuck to it to make sure everyone got their needs met. It was amazing to not have to think about where everyone was or what they were getting done. We had so much fun with Emily and her team! Everyone felt and looked amazing! I could not have asked for more on the biggest day of my life!
    I also chose for Emily to follow me to the venue and stay with me through all of the photos (She charges by the hour after your initial service). She touched up my hair and makeup the whole time we were taking photos, but did not interrupt any moments my husband and I were having. She was very professional, and not to mention, a sweetheart. I felt so beautiful. It was so nice to not have to think about how my hair or makeup looked while taking pictures. That was the best decision I could have made! Thank you, Emily and team for adding so much fun and beauty to my wedding day!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Dr. B. · Married on 09/29/2013

A few years ago I had the honor of having Emily Dawn Artistry do my hair and makeup for a local award ceremony. She made me look better than I had ever looked in my life!

So, when I recently got married, I asked her to do my hair and makeup, again. She made the long drive to help me out and create a gorgeous look for my big day.

Emily Dawn is a joy to work with. She is fun, funny, professional and super talented. She is kind and humble and is there to make you look your absolute best. I love her and would recommend her to anyone for a special event or party.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Courtney · Married on 09/28/2013

I hired Emily Dawn Artistry to do my hair and make-up on my wedding day (plus the hair and make-up of my mom and all 8 of my bridesmaids). First and foremost, Emily was a joy to work with. Although she couldn't be present on my actual day due to her own friend's wedding, she sent an amazing team on the day of and was there at my trial and in contact with me leading up to the big day. Plus, she even cut and colored my hair twice before the event, which I LOVED (and I will continue to be a client of hers). Emily is not only extremely professional, but she also has a true passion and talent that is evident the first time you meet her.

On the day of, I was so happy to have Jeremy and Ashley Joy with me to do my hair and make-up. They also brought along Mariah who worked on my bridesmaids. The team showed up on schedule and everything went smoothly throughout the day. Emily was even texting me to make sure everything was going well. We all loved the outcome and I couldn't have asked for a better day! Everything from the curls to the airbrush make-up was flawless. As every woman getting married should, I felt beautiful!

Thank you Emily Dawn Artistry for making my day that much more special and memorable!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Gracelyn · Married on 09/28/2013

Emily and her team are all pros! Not only was my hair/makeup ah-mazing - they did an absolutely phenomenal job with my bridal party!! Emily recommended, Robin, a bridal suite coordinator to do the heavy lifting the morning of. Robin and her photographer, Tiffany, kept us on schedule and worry free. Emily was super easy to work with and I secretly can't wait until my next big event, to use her again!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Emily did the best makeup I've ever had, she made me look amazing. I can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 09/16/2013

I really enjoyed working with Emily. She does both makeup and hair wonderfully and really listened to my concerns. She did my hair and makeup as well as my mother and mother-in-law's hair and makeup for my wedding day. We were all really happy with the outcome. She was professional and what I really liked best was if I didn't like something, she would accommodate and do her best to get the look I wanted. She just wanted her client to be happy. I would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 09/16/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 07/20/2013

Firstly, let me say a huge thanks to Emily and her team for making me and my whole wedding party and family feel so amazing on my wedding day!!

Hair and makeup were always one of the biggest things for me while planning, knowing that I didn't want to have to stress about me and all my girls feeling amazing on the day. We were recommended Emily and her team through another vendor and honestly couldn't be happier that we were!!! Emily is responsive, sweet, organized, has an amazing personality and is so incredibly talented. From the moment I met her at the trial I knew we had to have her! Emily was not only fun and easy going, but was super organized and made sure that me, my 6 bridesmaides, and my mom and a family friend were all ready in time! She had 9 girls to doll-up, and stayed completely on schedule. We also had Emily stay through the ceremony that way we could get touch ups, etc. after which was a great decision. I felt so amazing and pretty on the day and am so happy we had Emily there to make it all happen.

I will one hundred percent be recommending Emily to all of my friends and family getting married or doing ANY event. I can't wait to have Emily and her team be apart of an event in the future.

Thank you again for everything!!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Brett · Married on 07/20/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Emily on Megan and Jared's wedding. I was the photographer. She was very professional and easy to work with. She even stayed throughout the formal session for touch ups. I would definitely recommend Emily and her staff.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Nicole · Married on 07/19/2013

Im convinced that Emily not only packs make up and hair brushes in those cases she luggs around, but also heart, soul, and a whole lotta positive cheery vibes! The moment I opened the door for Emily that day, I was greeted with a huge smile and hug..what Bride doesnt appreciate that??? Beyond the gorgeous make-up and hair that they applied and did for my maid of honor (sister) and my mom...There is one element of the entire day that resonates beyond most things that morning...Emily set the tone for the rest of the day with her smooth smooth jazzy soulful pandora station she played. I felt relaxed and joyful the entire morning watching my nieces play, my bridesmaids lounge and get ready, my mother and sister get beautiful..all while singing along to the groove of the music and Emily's fun conversations. Emily, thank you for not only glamming me up on my day, but for making me "FEEEEL" like a bride, making me feeel like i deserved to be pampered, making me feeeel special, and making me not only look but feeeel beautiful! Getting back to the quality of their work, my mother is beyond impressed by the quality of make up that EDA uses, as well as the individual lashes. She could not stop
    Raving about the quality and look. & not to mention my sister, she looked STUNNING! Thank you Em! How a morning begins in most cases it's indicative of how the day will be, im thankful that I chose to begin my day with EDA! BEST DAY EVER!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2013

Emily was absolutely fabulous. She understood exactly what I wanted to look like on my big day and turned it into a reality. I received so many compliments on my makeup and felt so beautiful. I love how easy Emily was to work with. She came to my house for a trial and was so efficient with her time. And and added plus she's a pleasure to be around.

Thank you Emily for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day! Job done. :)

Sent on 07/02/2013

Karen · Married on 06/30/2013

Emily was a love to work with in many ways. A true professional. Very experienced in her work, an engaging and fun personality, timely and adorable. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Kristen · Married on 06/16/2013

Emily is absolutely amazing! Although I had hair trials with her before, I had a new style I wanted for my wedding day. She said, "no problem, just show me the picture and I'll make it happen!" And she was right! My hair was literally a work of art that blew that celebrity's hair style out of the water! I was happy to tears and I am still getting messages a month later asking who did my hair. Thank you so much Emily for making me feel like a fairytale on the most romantic day of my life!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Heather · Married on 06/08/2013

Emily is the best of both worlds...a true artist and an organized business owner. Her and her tag team made 8 ladies feel their most beautiful with their hair and makeup services at my best friends wedding! Thanks ladies!!!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Kristina · Married on 06/08/2013

Emily was an absolute super-star for our wedding day hair and make up. She is talented, creative, kind, fun, and made me feel beautiful for the big day. She understands there is a lot of pressure, nerves, and a million other things going on before an event like this, and she was so cool, calm, and professional throughout the preparations. With Emily, it's all about the client. She took my ideas and input seriously, listened carefully, and was as honest as a good friend. She is also very smart, confident, and really knows what she's doing. Emily organized a team of girls to do hair and make up for the entire bridal party, and everything went smoothly and perfectly! Five stars across the board and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/07/2013

Emily was recommended to me by my wedding planner (orange blossom special events). I had a trial session with her the day of my engagement shoot and was really really worried because my skin was horrendous! Emily, however, completely worked her magic and amazed me! She covered up my broken skin from sunburns and pimple outbreaks. Even my fiance (now husband! Hooray!) was amazed at how flawless I looked, and so so natural too! It was a complete night and day look all in one! Emily reads your face really well too (I'm asian with an asian face, haha!) and is able to frame it in whatever hairstyle you desire. We had a fabulous engagement shoot, totally beaming from head-to-toe and the pictures turned out awesome! We even went out for a fancy dinner after because I looked so good and I didn't want to go home early to take everything off!

Day of the wedding, I was so excited to get into that chair and was all pumped up to get my hair and make-up done again, especially since my skin has recovered from the outbreaks! I was pretty jittery though, and nervous, however when Emily arrived, she completely put me at ease by playing soothing music, chatting with me about anything under the sun while working her wonders. I was feeling calm, excited and totally pampered all in one! She's so cheerful, bubbly and professional. Her make-up stays on throughout the night, her hair-styling is top-notch and her pricing is so decent for the expertise she offers. And did I mention that my wedding planner used Emily for her own wedding too. I can't thank Emily enough for giving me such a fabulous wedding experience. You definitely won't regret hiring her cause Emily would hands-down give you the best experience ever! =)

Sent on 06/16/2013

Lizeth · Married on 05/25/2013

I have nothing but great things to say about Emily and her artists! Emily worked on 1 of my friends wedding over 1yr ago and I knew that I would definitely be keeping in touch with her for future services. Little that I know that weeks later my best friend would be getting engaged. From the beginning I knew 1 of my presents for my best friend would be Emilys services. I think before she even had a date picked, a venue or her dress I had already contacted Emily :)
    From the day I hired her she was very helpful. She was always available through email or phone whenever we had to arrange make up/hair trial for the bride and her mother. The mother of the bride was worried about her hair since several salons had told her there wasn't anything they could do to her hair since it was extremely curly and frizzy. During the trial Emily did an amazing job blowing out her hair. The mother had never had that smooth and straight of hair.
    The day of the wedding went extremely smooth. We had an an early call time at 7am but Emily and her team arrived on time for set up and where ready to work. We had a total of 4 bridesmaids, mother of the groom/bride and the Bride. They where professional, polite and made us all laugh too. All of us where happy with the hair and make up. We got compliments all day and it made my friends day even better.
    I'm so glad that Emily was part of Karins special day and she will be part of my wedding day since I just engaged :)

Sent on 05/29/2013

Karin · Married on 05/25/2013

Emily and her staff did an incredible job making myself and my bridal party feel and look amazing. Emily was flexible and accommodating to our needs. Emily and her staff were professional they brought all of their supplies so we did not have to worry about getting last minute items. Thanks to her and her staff we ended up feeling fabulous for the rest of the night.

Thanks Again!!!!!!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Sima · Married on 03/23/2013

Emily was worth every penny (and MORE!). I heard about Emily through a friend of a friend, and did a lot of research to find my makeup and hair artist for my wedding day. I wanted something that looked natural (request of my fiance, now husband), but looked fancy and different at the same time. Other times that I have gotten my makeup done, I felt like I walked out looking like a clown. So I was really careful to look through the different vendors' portfolios before even contacting them for prices. I ended up picking Emily, and after doing the trial (she came to my house, and brought everything!), I was hooked! I wish I could hang out with Emily every day. She is so wonderful -- she is professional, talented, and also so much fun! She created a timeline for the wedding day, for me and my 6 bridesmaids, and 2 moms to all get our hair and makeup done. She brought a great, nice, talented team. The airbrush makeup was flawless and really made a difference. I also got extensions (from Emily) -- very high quality, and definitely worth the price. No one could tell that I was wearing extensions, but everyone commented on how great my hair looked. All of my bridesmaids and the moms looked gorgeous! Everyone was posting pictures of themselves to Facebook as soon as they could! The makeup and hairstyle lasted the entire night (which is rare for my hair). I was so sad to take my makeup off that night because I felt so beautiful! Emily and her team did a great job, I cannot recommend them enough! I can't wait for another excuse to hire Emily.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Kelly · Married on 01/20/2013

I can't fully express what a pleasure it was to work with Emily and her team. As I was planning my wedding from out of state, Emily and I corresponded entirely by email until the day of the wedding. We emailed dozens of times before the wedding to come up with just the right look for my day. She was a great resource to bounce ideas off of and provided sound advice that helped me decide on the look I eventually selected. Her execution was flawless! She truly made me look like the best me for my wedding. I received so many compliments on both my hair and makeup all throughout the wedding. Emily was also a calming presence the morning of the wedding amidst all the chaos going on around me which I really appreciated. In summary, I highly recommend Emily Dawn Artistry to anyone seeking a talented hair and makeup person as well as the kind of person you want around you the day of your wedding to help you look and feel your best.

Sent on 01/31/2013

Kristen · Married on 01/12/2013

Emily and her team made myself and my bridesmaids gorgeous for my wedding. They were on time and delivered on the soft/romantic hair and makeup looks that I wanted. Emily designed and executed a very elaborate bridal hairstyle that worked perfectly with my dress, accessories, and overall feel of my wedding. We all got the airbrush makeup and lash applications and we looked naturally beautiful. I would highly recommend Emily to any girl who wants to feel pampered and gorgeous on her special day!

Sent on 01/22/2013