Emily Alyssa Photography Reviews

Emily Alyssa Photography 5
Emily Alyssa Photography 6
Emily Alyssa Photography 7

Rena · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Outstanding engagement photo session experience!

Emily is amazing to work with!! My fiance and I had the pleasure of having her take our engagement photos in Old Town, Alexandria and it was a terrific experience from beginning to end.
    This was our first time taking professional pictures and the both of us were pretty nervous. We wanted to make sure the pictures looked natural and captured our relationship. Luckily, Emily was extremely professional and helped us get all the shots we wanted. She knew all the best locations, and gave great suggestions for poses. In addition, she kept the atmosphere light and fun. She is extremely friendly and easy to talk to and her bubbly personality really helped us relax! We had an awesome time, and were so happy that the pictures turned out exactly how we wanted. Emily is 100% invested in making sure we had an enjoyable session and were happy with the results. She really went above and beyond to deliver on all fronts with a cheerful smile.
    Emily's response and turn around time is truly impressive. From our initial interest email reaching out to her, she always responded to any questions or concerns within a couple of hours. We received a couple of sneak peek pictures the very same night of our session, and received all our finished photos a little over week after. We are so grateful to be able to use the photos so quickly!
    Emily truly is outstanding, and we cannot recommend her more!

Catherine · Getting married on 03/23/2019

Outstanding Experience

Emily is a treasure. She is a talented photographer, excellent communicator, and is very easy to work with. Her turnaround time and the quantity of photos she provides is exceptional.
    She really invests in her clients and their experience. Her personality put us at ease and helped make our engagement shots really special. Thank you, Emily!

Michal · Married on 11/17/2018

Hire Emily Alyssa

My fiance and I had a mini shoot with Emily Alyssa at Old Town Alexandria. She was amazing! She immediately put us both at ease and helped orchestrate the perfect pictures with our two little mischievous puppies who were disgruntled to be wearing flower collars, and distracted by all the people around us. A few treats later, and her care and patience, led to some really pretty shots. We can't wait to work with her again. :)

Rebekah · Married on 08/26/2018

Emily was amazing from start to finish! She was very good at not only producing fabulous photos from our engagement photo shoot and our wedding, but she was also available to help calm the nerves and questions leading up to the wedding. Very prompt in responses and just an amazing person to work with! Definitely couldn't have imagined our wedding being covered by anyone else!

Emily Alyssa Photography 8
    Emily Alyssa Photography 15
    Emily Alyssa Photography 16
    Emily Alyssa Photography 17

Elise and Josh · Married on 06/23/2018

Emily was the easiest and best decision we made wedding planning! Our wedding party and families raved about her – before even seeing the wedding photos, since she helped the day run so smoothly. Emily made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and has a great, positive energy. She helped us build the timeline for the day and was very accessible anytime we had questions. The photos she took were incredible; she has a great eye for finding moments and angles.

• User3752722 · 1+ year ago

After witnessing what a drag a negative/cynical photographer at a wedding can be, my highest priority was finding a cheerful photographer for my big day. I met Emily at a wedding event and I immediately knew she was "The One." Then I got a look at her photos and pricing and REALLY knew she was the one! She brought a cheerful-yet-professional vibe to our entire day and everyone who met her absolutely loved her. My wedding was in December, largely indoors, so while outdoor photos are her specialty, she went above and beyond staging lighting so every photo would turn out perfectly - and they did. Everyone says my wedding photos looked "regal" and it's all thanks to Emily. Did I mention I received my photos TWO WEEKS after we got married?? Lightning fast. I will highly recommend her to every bride.

Emily Alyssa Photography 18
    Emily Alyssa Photography 25
    Emily Alyssa Photography 26
    Emily Alyssa Photography 27

Leona · Married on 11/11/2017

Emily is amazing! She made the experience so fun and enjoyable. And most importantly we have the most beautiful photos! The download and ordering process through her site is also incredibly easy!

Dana · Married on 10/21/2017

My fiancé and I only met with one photographer, Emily. After our first meeting with her we felt so comfortable and confident in her work that we looked no further. She was an absolute dream to work with! Emily cares about capturing your story and all of the little details. This passion shines through in her images. Looking at her pictures make you feel like you are re-living all of those precious moments.

Emily was with us during every step of the process. She answered my many questions and I knew she was just an email away whenever I needed something. She thinks of EVERYTHING! She helped us plan our day-of-timeline that was lifesaving and allowed me to coordinate with all of my other vendors so everything fell together perfectly.

Instead of feeling awkward being in front of the camera, Emily makes it feel like you are simply sharing a sweet moment with your other half. After our engagement session with her we felt so comfortable doing portraits on our wedding day. That day she arrived super early to get additional shots of the little details. She caught the little moments throughout the day that you don’t even realize are happening.

Her turnaround time is insane! I had sneak peek photos in my inbox the next morning!! It was so exciting to be able to share pictures with friends and family THE NEXT DAY. She also writes beautiful blogs recapping the day and shares even more pictures within the same week.

Our wedding day would not have been the same without Emily. She was a joy to work with and we really enjoyed getting to know her over the last year. Her photos are the perfect way for us to re-live all of the special moments from our wedding day.

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Emily was amazing! We used her for our engagement photos and they turned out absolutely beautiful. Neither of us are exactly comfortable in front of the camera, but she helped us relax enough to get some fantastic shots. We also received preview shots the SAME DAY as our shoot and the final gallery less than a week later. I'd recommend her in an instant.

Annie · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Emily was easily one of the best decisions we made. She has such a beautiful vision and she is so fun and sweet to work with! She did our engagement shots (included in our package) and really spent the time getting to know us as a couple and what we wanted from the wedding day. She made family formals a breeze even with our huge (9 brothers and sisters on just the groom's side - all married, most with multiple kids), and she captured some seriously sweet moments throughout the whole day. It really felt like having a friend all day. She had a super quick turn around with our images, which was amazing as well and the final product turned out to be more than what we could have imagined. If you're a Northern VA bride- hire her!

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Emily recently photographed our August 5, 2017 wedding and previously took our engagement photos as well. We could not be more pleased with the photographs we have to capture this incredible time. Emily is as sweet as can be and makes an experience that could be awkward into a fun one. We are thrilled with the portraits she took of us to commemorate our wedding day and with the family formal photos that we will treasure forever. However, we were most looking forward to the candid photos that most authentically captured the feelings throughout the wedding day--Emily did not disappoint. We are in awe of the way she captured our anticipation at the start of the ceremony, the nerves before the matron of honor gave her toast, the happy tears that were shed during the first dance, and the sheer joy during the celebration that followed. She did an amazing job of helping to chronicle the day and it has been incredible to relive our wedding day through the photographs she took. Emily posted "sneak peeks" just a few hours after leaving our reception that allowed us to see some of the highlights of the night. We were then shocked to have the entire gallery from Emily before we returned from our honeymoon. Our friends and family have used the word "stunning" more than any other word to describe Emily's photos. Hiring Emily was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning.

• I

irina · Married on 06/10/2017

Emily was absolutely amazing and played a huge role in our wedding process. From the minute we met her in person at a local coffee shop, we knew that she was the one-professional (and always early), kind, very thorough, flexible, and with a wealth of knowledge (not only photography, but the whole wedding thing).

Unlike us who didn't know much about wedding planning, she knew exactly what she was doing and talking about. She is a perfect combination of fun and being in charge, if you know what I mean. She was able to assertively direct wedding guests to take pictures when needed, reminded me of the timeline on the day of, recommended amazing vendors when I was panicking (I found an awesome make up and hair artists through her last minute), and even sent us movie tickets, chocolates and more.

She went so much beyond her role as a photographer and we feel truly blessed to have her by our side. Oh, and her photos are absolutely stunning! I am very very picky about pictures, and I love every SINGLE one!

helped me to find a make up person

andeliz · Married on 04/16/2017

I met with a few photographers and Emily stood out. She is sooo incredibly responsive and she is very thoughtful. After we contracted her, she would send surprise gifts to our home leading up to our wedding day. It was so sweet and unexpected. Emily was our photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding pictures. For our engagement pictures, she made us feel comfortable around her and she delivered the final product within a week and half. For our wedding, many of our guests commented on her work ethic. She was everywhere and was so friendly with everyone. They loved her! I gave her a long list of shots that I wanted and she delivered each one. In addition, she delivered our wedding pictures within two weeks of our day. I hope to work with her again in the future. I love her style and character.

Camry · Married on 02/19/2017

What is not to love about Emily! From the first time we met her, we had a good feeling about her.
    We chose Emily as our photographer for three reasons. First, we loved her photos. They didn't look overly posed and she managed to capture candid moments that were flattering and lively. Second, our personalities seemed to mesh well. We could tell right away that Emily was someone who put us at ease (a very important trait when taking what can feel like awkward photos at times, for those not used to being in front of the camera). Finally, she listened. Unlike, other photographers that we spoke with, Emily really seemed to listen to what we were looking for. With others we felt that they already had their act down and so would do what they were used to regardless. Emily, on the other hand, offered the feeling that she would make sure to capture what we wanted while also remaining true to her own art.
    Emily did not disappoint. From our engagement shoot to our wedding, everything was handled expertly and beautifully. We could not be happier with our photos are the experience that we had working with Emily from start to finish.
    She is also quick. We got our engagement photos in less than a week and our wedding photos in exactly 2 weeks. She also take the time to send sneak peaks the day of or immediate morning after so that you get something almost immediately. I have family and friends who took months to get their photos from their photographer. This won't happen with Emily!
    Finally, some quotes from friends and family: "They look like they belong in a magazine". "GQ shot". "You had the best photographer!"
    We did have the best photographer!

• User6119465 · 2+ years ago

Hiring Emily as our photographer was one the best decisions we could have made! She is truly a pleasure to work with. She’s incredibly professional, creative and puts you right at ease. Our session in Old Town, Alexandria, was so much fun. She came prepared with tons of different ideas and spots to shoot in. My husband and I were so pleased with the final images. Not only were they beautifully edited but we received them so quickly! Truly impressed by Emily’s talent. We would recommend Emily to anyone looking for a wedding, engagement or anniversary photographer!