Emily Alyssa Photography Reviews

Emily Alyssa Photography 6
Emily Alyssa Photography 7
  • Kelsea

Kelsea F · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Engagement & Wedding - Love Emily!

We LOVED our April wedding photos from Emily. We hired Emily originally for two reasons - her having shot before at our venue and her personality while talking on the phone.

We really appreciated that she was flexible with locations we shot at, both for our engagement session (in NYC) and our wedding (both at our venue and a museum close by), and she scouted out the best locations beforehand to make sure we had amazing shots in addition to the ones I requested.

She also did a great job directing the family formals and got us and our large families in and out of there quickly. She turned around our photos super quickly and we loved all the images - from staged shots to candid. We loved working with her and she has an amazing, upbeat, and positive personality which made it all the better to work with her over our engagement and wedding day.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Rena · Getting married on 09/07/2019

Outstanding engagement photo session experience!

Emily is amazing to work with!! My fiance and I had the pleasure of having her take our engagement photos in Old Town, Alexandria and it was a terrific experience from beginning to end.
    This was our first time taking professional pictures and the both of us were pretty nervous. We wanted to make sure the pictures looked natural and captured our relationship. Luckily, Emily was extremely professional and helped us get all the shots we wanted. She knew all the best locations, and gave great suggestions for poses. In addition, she kept the atmosphere light and fun. She is extremely friendly and easy to talk to and her bubbly personality really helped us relax! We had an awesome time, and were so happy that the pictures turned out exactly how we wanted. Emily is 100% invested in making sure we had an enjoyable session and were happy with the results. She really went above and beyond to deliver on all fronts with a cheerful smile.
    Emily's response and turn around time is truly impressive. From our initial interest email reaching out to her, she always responded to any questions or concerns within a couple of hours. We received a couple of sneak peek pictures the very same night of our session, and received all our finished photos a little over week after. We are so grateful to be able to use the photos so quickly!
    Emily truly is outstanding, and we cannot recommend her more!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Catherine · Married on 03/23/2019

Outstanding Experience

Emily is a treasure. She is a talented photographer, excellent communicator, and is very easy to work with. Her turnaround time and the quantity of photos she provides is exceptional.
    She really invests in her clients and their experience. Her personality put us at ease and helped make our engagement shots really special. Thank you, Emily!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Michal · Married on 11/17/2018

Hire Emily Alyssa

My fiance and I had a mini shoot with Emily Alyssa at Old Town Alexandria. She was amazing! She immediately put us both at ease and helped orchestrate the perfect pictures with our two little mischievous puppies who were disgruntled to be wearing flower collars, and distracted by all the people around us. A few treats later, and her care and patience, led to some really pretty shots. We can't wait to work with her again. :)

Sent on 11/05/2018

Lauren Collins · Married on 10/20/2018

We absolutely LOVE our photos!!

When looking for a photographer, we knew we wanted someone who was going to capture our day in the most professional way, while still being able to show our fun side. Emily was the absolute best. From start to finish, every communication with her was sincere, professional, happy/upbeat, and we can't say enough wonderful things about her. Once we got our engagement pictures back, I knew we had made the right decision. Fast forward to our wedding day, she showed up earlier than we expected, was able to capture all of the little details we wanted, and somehow managed to keep our HUGE wedding party under control. Once she posted the blog of our wedding day, I cannot even tell you how many people messaged us to let us know we had the most beautiful pictures. We will cherish these forever and are SO happy we chose Emily. You'll be missing out if you don't!!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Emily Alyssa Photography 13
    Emily Alyssa Photography 14

Maryana · Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Best Decision Ever

Stop where you are and do not look any further! Hiring Emily was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. From day one Emily was very responsive, informative, super professional and fun to work with. She has this glowing and fun personality that you can see reflected in her work. The moment we finished our initial face time meeting with her we knew that we needed to move forward very quickly and secure our date. It only got better after we officially hired Emily and met her in person.

For our engagement photoshoot we received full guidance on everything from outfit ideas to locations with beautiful backgrounds to choose from. Some of the places were hidden gems of the DMV area that only she knew about. We were very happy with our choice especially after seeing all the beautiful photos. Emily was always flexible with us whether it was rescheduling engagement session due to weather, venue walk-through and just simple communication that never was delayed despite her busy schedule.

In preparation for the wedding day, Emily put together a time line, vendor list and contacts and helped us with organizing our family portraits list. On our wedding day everything went very smooth considering our large wedding party shots, family portraits and all other little details that Emily was able to capture for us. We received our first wedding sneak peeks just a few days after our wedding followed by the full gallery just in few short weeks. Photos were just stunning and even more then we expected. All photos have very soft and clear touch to it not to mention Emily's professional eye and ability catching all the unique moments through the entire day.

We received our photos in very organized way and the website was easy to navigate through. It was easy and pleasant to share it with our family and friends.
    Working with Emily was hands down the best experience ever. She made it easy and enjoyable through this stressful time of planning. I am highly recommending this incredible and talented photographer to anyone who want to have their photos to be captured in the most perfect way.

Sent on 02/04/2019
    Emily Alyssa Photography 19
    Emily Alyssa Photography 20
    Emily Alyssa Photography 21

Rebekah · Married on 08/26/2018

Emily was amazing from start to finish! She was very good at not only producing fabulous photos from our engagement photo shoot and our wedding, but she was also available to help calm the nerves and questions leading up to the wedding. Very prompt in responses and just an amazing person to work with! Definitely couldn't have imagined our wedding being covered by anyone else!

Sent on 09/16/2018
    Emily Alyssa Photography 29
    Emily Alyssa Photography 30
    Emily Alyssa Photography 31

Elise and Josh · Married on 06/23/2018

Emily was the easiest and best decision we made wedding planning! Our wedding party and families raved about her – before even seeing the wedding photos, since she helped the day run so smoothly. Emily made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and has a great, positive energy. She helped us build the timeline for the day and was very accessible anytime we had questions. The photos she took were incredible; she has a great eye for finding moments and angles.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • User3752722 · 1+ year ago

After witnessing what a drag a negative/cynical photographer at a wedding can be, my highest priority was finding a cheerful photographer for my big day. I met Emily at a wedding event and I immediately knew she was "The One." Then I got a look at her photos and pricing and REALLY knew she was the one! She brought a cheerful-yet-professional vibe to our entire day and everyone who met her absolutely loved her. My wedding was in December, largely indoors, so while outdoor photos are her specialty, she went above and beyond staging lighting so every photo would turn out perfectly - and they did. Everyone says my wedding photos looked "regal" and it's all thanks to Emily. Did I mention I received my photos TWO WEEKS after we got married?? Lightning fast. I will highly recommend her to every bride.

Sent on 12/30/2017
    Emily Alyssa Photography 39
    Emily Alyssa Photography 40
    Emily Alyssa Photography 41

Leona · Married on 11/11/2017

Emily is amazing! She made the experience so fun and enjoyable. And most importantly we have the most beautiful photos! The download and ordering process through her site is also incredibly easy!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Dana · Married on 10/21/2017

My fiancé and I only met with one photographer, Emily. After our first meeting with her we felt so comfortable and confident in her work that we looked no further. She was an absolute dream to work with! Emily cares about capturing your story and all of the little details. This passion shines through in her images. Looking at her pictures make you feel like you are re-living all of those precious moments.

Emily was with us during every step of the process. She answered my many questions and I knew she was just an email away whenever I needed something. She thinks of EVERYTHING! She helped us plan our day-of-timeline that was lifesaving and allowed me to coordinate with all of my other vendors so everything fell together perfectly.

Instead of feeling awkward being in front of the camera, Emily makes it feel like you are simply sharing a sweet moment with your other half. After our engagement session with her we felt so comfortable doing portraits on our wedding day. That day she arrived super early to get additional shots of the little details. She caught the little moments throughout the day that you don’t even realize are happening.

Her turnaround time is insane! I had sneak peek photos in my inbox the next morning!! It was so exciting to be able to share pictures with friends and family THE NEXT DAY. She also writes beautiful blogs recapping the day and shares even more pictures within the same week.

Our wedding day would not have been the same without Emily. She was a joy to work with and we really enjoyed getting to know her over the last year. Her photos are the perfect way for us to re-live all of the special moments from our wedding day.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/09/2017

Emily was amazing! We used her for our engagement photos and they turned out absolutely beautiful. Neither of us are exactly comfortable in front of the camera, but she helped us relax enough to get some fantastic shots. We also received preview shots the SAME DAY as our shoot and the final gallery less than a week later. I'd recommend her in an instant.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Annie · Married on 08/12/2017

Hiring Emily was easily one of the best decisions we made. She has such a beautiful vision and she is so fun and sweet to work with! She did our engagement shots (included in our package) and really spent the time getting to know us as a couple and what we wanted from the wedding day. She made family formals a breeze even with our huge (9 brothers and sisters on just the groom's side - all married, most with multiple kids), and she captured some seriously sweet moments throughout the whole day. It really felt like having a friend all day. She had a super quick turn around with our images, which was amazing as well and the final product turned out to be more than what we could have imagined. If you're a Northern VA bride- hire her!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Erin · Married on 08/05/2017

Emily recently photographed our August 5, 2017 wedding and previously took our engagement photos as well. We could not be more pleased with the photographs we have to capture this incredible time. Emily is as sweet as can be and makes an experience that could be awkward into a fun one. We are thrilled with the portraits she took of us to commemorate our wedding day and with the family formal photos that we will treasure forever. However, we were most looking forward to the candid photos that most authentically captured the feelings throughout the wedding day--Emily did not disappoint. We are in awe of the way she captured our anticipation at the start of the ceremony, the nerves before the matron of honor gave her toast, the happy tears that were shed during the first dance, and the sheer joy during the celebration that followed. She did an amazing job of helping to chronicle the day and it has been incredible to relive our wedding day through the photographs she took. Emily posted "sneak peeks" just a few hours after leaving our reception that allowed us to see some of the highlights of the night. We were then shocked to have the entire gallery from Emily before we returned from our honeymoon. Our friends and family have used the word "stunning" more than any other word to describe Emily's photos. Hiring Emily was one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning.

Sent on 08/30/2017
  • I

irina · Married on 06/10/2017

Emily was absolutely amazing and played a huge role in our wedding process. From the minute we met her in person at a local coffee shop, we knew that she was the one-professional (and always early), kind, very thorough, flexible, and with a wealth of knowledge (not only photography, but the whole wedding thing).

Unlike us who didn't know much about wedding planning, she knew exactly what she was doing and talking about. She is a perfect combination of fun and being in charge, if you know what I mean. She was able to assertively direct wedding guests to take pictures when needed, reminded me of the timeline on the day of, recommended amazing vendors when I was panicking (I found an awesome make up and hair artists through her last minute), and even sent us movie tickets, chocolates and more.

She went so much beyond her role as a photographer and we feel truly blessed to have her by our side. Oh, and her photos are absolutely stunning! I am very very picky about pictures, and I love every SINGLE one!

helped me to find a make up person

Sent on 08/04/2017

andeliz · Married on 04/16/2017

I met with a few photographers and Emily stood out. She is sooo incredibly responsive and she is very thoughtful. After we contracted her, she would send surprise gifts to our home leading up to our wedding day. It was so sweet and unexpected. Emily was our photographer for our engagement shoot and wedding pictures. For our engagement pictures, she made us feel comfortable around her and she delivered the final product within a week and half. For our wedding, many of our guests commented on her work ethic. She was everywhere and was so friendly with everyone. They loved her! I gave her a long list of shots that I wanted and she delivered each one. In addition, she delivered our wedding pictures within two weeks of our day. I hope to work with her again in the future. I love her style and character.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Camry · Married on 02/19/2017

What is not to love about Emily! From the first time we met her, we had a good feeling about her.
    We chose Emily as our photographer for three reasons. First, we loved her photos. They didn't look overly posed and she managed to capture candid moments that were flattering and lively. Second, our personalities seemed to mesh well. We could tell right away that Emily was someone who put us at ease (a very important trait when taking what can feel like awkward photos at times, for those not used to being in front of the camera). Finally, she listened. Unlike, other photographers that we spoke with, Emily really seemed to listen to what we were looking for. With others we felt that they already had their act down and so would do what they were used to regardless. Emily, on the other hand, offered the feeling that she would make sure to capture what we wanted while also remaining true to her own art.
    Emily did not disappoint. From our engagement shoot to our wedding, everything was handled expertly and beautifully. We could not be happier with our photos are the experience that we had working with Emily from start to finish.
    She is also quick. We got our engagement photos in less than a week and our wedding photos in exactly 2 weeks. She also take the time to send sneak peaks the day of or immediate morning after so that you get something almost immediately. I have family and friends who took months to get their photos from their photographer. This won't happen with Emily!
    Finally, some quotes from friends and family: "They look like they belong in a magazine". "GQ shot". "You had the best photographer!"
    We did have the best photographer!

Sent on 03/14/2017
  • User6119465 · 2+ years ago

Hiring Emily as our photographer was one the best decisions we could have made! She is truly a pleasure to work with. She’s incredibly professional, creative and puts you right at ease. Our session in Old Town, Alexandria, was so much fun. She came prepared with tons of different ideas and spots to shoot in. My husband and I were so pleased with the final images. Not only were they beautifully edited but we received them so quickly! Truly impressed by Emily’s talent. We would recommend Emily to anyone looking for a wedding, engagement or anniversary photographer!

Sent on 08/02/2016