167 Reviews for Emery's Catering

Custom Menu (1)
Outside Cake (1)
Cash Bar (1)
House Wine (1)

Let me start by saying Elizabeth Silver is a national treasure. She was emailing with me at midnight the night before our wedding.

The staff at emery’s was amazing and professional through the entire process, super responsive, calming, and roll with the punches the whole way through.

Almost all guests said the food was the best wedding food they had ever had, the short ribs were so yummy that a couple people sent back their entrees and opted for the short ribs instead - and Emery’s went with it.

We did the BYOB bar and it was an amazing way to save money and worked out perfectly, our bartender was fabulous and kept a special cup of maraschino cherries set aside just for me!

Love love love this company and can’t praise them enough!

Profile Picture Tiffaney, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

More than just catering and great food, I did not realize how many aspects of a wedding funnel through the caterer and I feel that Emery's not only did a tremendous job with the food, from appetizers through the main course to the wedding cake, but they facilitated all the moving parts throughout the entire process so well and held our hand every step along the way making sure every detail was discussed and taken care of making the day a real reflection of the way we wanted to host our guest. They were very organized which made us feel we were in good hands which meant less to worry about. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture but i want to leave it blank, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I used Emery's Catering for my May 2018 wedding of 160 people, and I cant say enough wonderful things about Emery's and their staff, specifically Elizabeth and Aughtum (both coordinators). The responsiveness to my emails could not be matched. No more than 6 hours from my question, I received an answer. Elizabeth and Aughtum were very organized and professional with detailed quotes. They both were able to accommodate my order and seating changes 2 days prior to the wedding. I don't think I could receive better service from other, more expensive caterers.

Food was equivalent to high priced restaurants. I have a family of picky/expensive eaters and I had them equating the filet to Morton's Steak house and by the way, the steak was cooked perfectly medium-rare which I imagine is hard to do for that many people. The stuffed scrod was very tasty and the clam chowder was better than Iggy's, in my opinion. Even the asparagus was cooked perfectly al-dente. My entire guest list wanted seconds. The approx. amount per person was $85 which included 2 appetizers and the clam chowder station, the dinner was also plated, and they provided a full 4 tiered cake. I provided my own alcohol (not included in the $85).

I would pick Emery's over and over again without hesitation.

-Dennis and Jennifer Kish

Profile Picture Dennis , 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Emery's manager and event coordinator, Elizabeth was a dream to work with. She was so accommodating, patient, and responsive. I felt like I had a lot of one off requests that she handled with ease. The night of service was excellent and all of my guests were left pleasantly surprised about how quickly dinner was served. I would both use Emery's again and recommend them to anyone who is looking for a caterer.

Profile Picture Angela, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Awesome team, great food!! Liz was the best!

Profile Picture Jennifer , 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot say enough great things about Liz from Emery's Catering. From day one she was always super responsive and informative. After our tasting we booked them right away. The food is delicious and prices extremely fair. I work in the wedding industry and I know that most venues have a wedding coordinator but Liz really felt like our own personal wedding planner. We had many questions throughout our year engagement and she answered everything right away. She is completely on top of everything. She set up all of our decor for us on the day of the wedding and it was exactly what we envisioned. Our guests are still complimenting us about the dinner. Everything was served in a timely matter which I was nervous about with the amount of guests we had. (I've gone to many weddings where dinner service takes over 2 hours and I feel like that's too long, she had all the courses out within an hour.) I can't get over how good the passed apps were at cocktail hour to the point that I wish I could go to a restaurant and order it all again. Also, everyone enjoyed our open bar and there was never a long line. The bartenders got drinks out quickly and everyone had a fantastic time. Liz & the team at Emery's was a very important part of our wedding and we are so thankful that we found them. I highly recommend them for any event you are planning!

Profile Picture Crystal, 10/27/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Everything was perfect - we were able to tweak the menu to fit our vision and budget. The guests loved our food. Elizabeth went above & beyond to make sure we were happy & things went smoothly

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Emery's team was very professional and helpful. Last minute changes were dealt with quickly and without question. I would highly recommend them! And, the food was delicious!

Profile Picture kathleen, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I worked closely with Elizabeth to plan the menu for our wedding. I found that she was very accommodating to our budget restrictions and was able to come up with a great food menu for the evening. The food on the day of the wedding was really well done, my husband and I were both very pleased. Elizabeth and her team also worked really well with the day of coordinator to make sure everything ran smoothly. Definitely a quality selection for those with budget restrictions.

Profile Picture Eliza, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Elizabeth of Emery's was a pleasure to work with and was always so responsive to my many emails. I'd definitely recommend Emery's to anyone looking for superior service and delicious food at a great cost!

Profile Picture Aja, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Everyone complimented the food and apps. We really enjoyed everything you did for us and we'd be happy to recommend you to anyone we know looking!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Elizabeth, the catering coordinator, is wonderful. She's very responsive and flexible! Our guests at the Glen Manor House enjoyed the food and the beautiful cake, although the food took a while to get served.

Emery's catering is an affordable and delicious option to cater your wedding!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/11/17, 5 Reviews
2.0

Our food was over cooked and dry a lot of our guests complained. We found it hard to get ahold of the staff when it came to planning and getting answers to our questions. I would not use this company again.

Profile Picture Felicia , 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I can't say enough good things about Emery's. Planning a wedding from thousands of miles away (we live in CA and are from, and chose to get married, in CT) was overwhelming at times, but not when it came to the catering. Elizabeth made the process seamless and easy for us, and for that we are so grateful. Prior to our wedding (and even after the wedding when she checked in to see how everything went), Elizabeth was communicative and prompt in her responses. On the day of, the coordinator, Katie, was incredible. I provided a picture of the centerpieces ahead of time, and when I arrived at the venue, everything looked perfect - more beautiful than anything I could've imagined. For dessert, we used a different vendor (my mom's friend owns a bakery), so I left all the desserts in the on-site bridal suite, and again, Katie's work was unbelievable. She made our dessert table look flawless and beautiful. Throughout the night, all of the staff went above and beyond to make sure that everyone had a great day, and all of our guests have told us that all of the food was amazing. So many of them also told us it was the best wedding they've ever been to and I believe a large part of that is due to the atmosphere that Emery's created, the way their staff treated everyone and the food and service provided. We did not hear one negative thing. Finally, the price for the services provided were unlike any other place we found. For far, far less than every other caterer we looked at, our guests were able to enjoy multiple passed appetizers, a delicious buffet, coffee service and a four-hour open bar. We feel really lucky to have found Emery's due to the prices, the quality of service and how delicious all of the food was. I really couldn't have imagined a more perfect day and I feel so much of that feeling is due in part to the work that Katie and the rest of the team did. Thank you, Emery's, for everything. We are forever grateful.

Profile Picture Gloria, 7/29/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great staff, cost effective, pretty well prepared. The food was pretty consistent and tasty, but the food did come out a bit late and i'm not sure if that was a miscommunication or because the staff was late.

Profile Picture Jay, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The services were wonderful! The staff was friendly and helpful! And the food was delicious!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

This company is fantastic! I had to change my wedding date and Elizabeth quickly responded with other dates she was available and the change was made very smoothly, which helped cut down on a lot of stress. The food was phenomenal and all of the wait staff was very professional and polite on the day of the wedding!! I don't think we could have asked for a better company to cater on our special day.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Unbelievable experience working with Emery's Catering for my wedding! Liz and her staff are so great! They were calm, easy going, responsive and understanding throughout the process. The food was excellent!!!!! I was able to customize our meal! Would recommend to anyone for an event!!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

They were incredible! They had so many packages to choose from and where great about different dietary needs! I had way more last minute questions that I didn't know I would have but they took the time to answer them (quickly!) and put all of my nerves at ease. It made all the difference in the world.

Their food was incredible too! My guests raved about the appetizer selection and absolutely loved each dish. For dinner the portions were massive and incredible!! Their steak tips were my personal favorite but I know everyone loved their dish no matter which one they ordered!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Seafood, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up
3.3

The food was very great wedding food and we got lots of compliments from our guests!!!

However, we found the catering manager to be very difficult to work with throughout the year and a half process.

We had mentioned multiple times leading up to the wedding to not cut top layer of cake and they did, although she did apologize and offer to buy us a new small cake from our bakery, which we did not take her up on her offer.

There was a tip jar at bar which we were not asked about and found it rude to ask our guests for tips, as the hosts we will tip the bartenders, please do not ask my guests at an open bar event for tips.

Despite the catering manager thinking we ordered too many appetizers, we wanted our guests to have plenty of food and variety, so we ordered 12 appetizers per person. However, the tables were not replenished quickly and guests were waiting for some of the food to be replenished. With that many appetizers per person, we thought that our guests should never have been waiting for food to be replenished. We are unsure why this was the case, but it have have been due to the fact that we were told that 7 servers would be at our wedding and only 6 showed up, so maybe our wedding was understaffed for the amount of food that we purchased.

Profile Picture Marni, 7/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

Hiring Emery’s, and specifically Elizabeth, was one of the best choices we made when planning our wedding. Our guests loved the food, they were extremely accommodating with dietary restrictions (gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free, nut free, you name it!), and the prices were great. If that wasn’t enough, hiring them to cater your wedding is pretty much like hiring a day of coordinator. We could get all our rentals through them, they figured out the wedding day schedule, and kept things going on time on the day of the wedding. Would hire them again in a heartbeat for our next big event!

Profile Picture Kate, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables

I can't recommend Emery's highly enough. They catered our wedding at The Towers in Narragansett which was both and indoor and outdoor affair. They coordinated everything beautifully, the food was wonderful and the service impeccable. Liz is absolutely amazing and a pleasure to work with.

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Seafood, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Great value for great food! They were very flexible with the packages, letting you pick and choose different pieces that fit your needs while never pushing you to upgrade. The salmon was delicious, as were the hors d'oeuvres, the lobster bisque and clamcakes and chowder, and the mini cupcakes (among other things)! It was great being able to BYOB, and the bartenders and servers were super friendly.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

You all did an excellent job!! Thank you for making our wedding truly amazing and seamless.

Profile Picture Sasha, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything was fantastic! Elizabeth and her team did a wonderful job and we got so many compliments on the food and staff.

Profile Picture Kara, 6/4/17, 1 Review