Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom Reviews

Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom 4
  • Meghan

Meghan Kramer · Married on 10/19/2018

Emerson Creek

Our wedding turned out better than we could ever have hoped for. I planned on having an outdoor ceremony but due to the weather, we moved it inside. I was so impressed at how beautiful the venue looked. It's everything I wanted. The service is amazing and Kristen, the day of coordinator is awesome. She is on top of everything and you and your significant other do not have to worry about a thing. Amy was our stylist and she put together the most beautiful wedding for us.

We highly recommend Emerson Creek!!

Christine · Married on 08/03/2018

We decided on Emerson Creek because it is absolutely beautiful .From our very first appointment we were in love with this venue.The planning process was so easy with all the wonderful women at Emerson.
    Kayleigh in Sales,Melissa in Billing,Kristen our Event Coordinator , Caitlyn our Pastry Chef, Tina our Stylist, Karen for our Rehearsal dinner, Susan from My Chef for our reception dinner.
    Our Wedding went off perfectly! It was truly a dream come true.Our guest and us of course cannot stop talking about how absolutely beautiful the day was! Thank you Ladies at Emerson Creek for our perfect wedding day!!

Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom 5
    Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom 6
    Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom 7

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2018

As a newly engaged person looking for a venue, there’s a certain expectation to be treated special because you’re planning a wedding! Then you realize that every wedding event planner is dealing with dozens of other people just like you. Some of them make you feel like one of a dozen, but not Emerson. For our first tour, we were immediately hugged upon arrival and treated like friends. Anyone else we passed along the way introduced themselves too. We felt right at home. The tour was wonderful and got us very excited about the venue (gorgeous!). I remember leaving in tears because I could picture getting married there so clearly! We chose to make our payments in person, so we always tried to schedule our visits around an Emerson event. We met the stylists this way and we were sold! They were excited and enthusiastic and they’d break down at the end of the night. :)
    After the multiple casual visits, we finally had our first visit with the day of coordinator (Kristen) and stylist (Lara). Kristen really helped keep us on track logistically. She was supportive when we had no clue what an answer should be, and helped us build up our vision of the wedding.
    Lara was so great at putting the vague ideas we had into something concrete and realistic. We absolutely love the rustic feel of Emerson, but thought it brought all the “rustic” styling we needed- so we chose to play up the elegance instead of the rustic. Lara was the perfect person to partner with on this task! She had an eye for exactly what we wanted.
    On the day of the wedding, I was blown away at the decor- between Lara and my florist, everything was picture perfect and was better than what I had envisioned. Not a single person bothered me with silly questions- because Kristen was there to absorb it all. I was treated like a princess all day long and just couldn’t picture my wedding day going any other way. Emerson Creek made my dream wedding come true!

Alyssa · Married on 09/17/2017

I am downright obsessed with Emerson Creek and am ecstatic I found it and chose to have my wedding there. All the guests agree that it is simply gorgeous and many were pleasantly surprised at how elegant a rustic farm wedding could be. You will not be disappointed with this venue choice!!!

Emerson Creek Pottery and Tearoom 8

Gorgeous fairytale venue! Perfect for vintage rustic theme

Jen · Married on 09/09/2016

We chose Emerson Creek for our wedding venue because when we first saw the amazing barn nothing else compared! The grounds are truly beautiful. It is such a relaxing and peaceful place to celebrate. Our family and friends kept asking how we found Emerson Creek. No one wanted to leave at the end of the night. The staff made us feel like family. Every detail was tended to. I was so pleased with the food, atmosphere and most of all the ability to customize every detail to reflect our taste. We had planned an outdoor ceremony but on the day of the wedding it started to rain. We chose to move our ceremony inside into the barn and it was exceptional. We now have the most beautiful wedding photographs of the barn with our family and friends having the time of our lives. I highly recommend Emerson Creek if you are looking for an unforgettable place to begin your new life together!

Emerson Creek was not the first choice for our daughter's late October wedding simply because we didn't know about it early in the process. It was, however, the best choice for our daughter and now husband who looked for something different in a venue. The country setting may be off-putting to some but once you see the transformation in the barn and tent, it really is something special, It would be safe to say that even with the less than cooperative weather (cool, rain), the barn and tent were transformed into elegant, comfortable spaces. The team at Emerson were very attentive to our requests about managing the temperature and even brought in an extra heater to ensure we were comfortable (and we were).

Our event coordinator, Joanna, was a joy to work with throughout the planning process. She was responsive, creative and kept us calm as we worked through the details. We could always find her when we needed her (important since we lived out of state) and the day off, she was pulled in multiple directions yet maintained the right balance of professionalism and humor to make sure everyone remained focus. She's very good at her job and we highly recommend her.

We received multiple compliments about the food provided by My Chef Catering and we can't thank Susan Jacobs and her team enough for the quality and attention to detail we experienced that day and throughout the planning process. Emerson will ultimately take over the catering but in the meantime, My Chef is exceptional.

Worth pointing out is the bar service, which works very efficiently at Emerson. As noted in another review, "you purchase a dram shop insurance policy, there is a minimal charge per person to cover drinkware, mixers, and bartenders, and you purchase the liquor yourself." We worked with BJ Liquors in Oswego and BJ was very helpful with recommendations, quantities and provided both delivery and pickup of unopened product. It couldn't be easier.

Dana · Married on 10/16/2015

I wish I could give our venue more stars because they certainly deserve it! After seeing the venue and space, my husband and I immediately fell in love and just KNEW that this was the place we were going to get married. The venue is simply charming with all of its rustic beauty! We were simply stunned to see how beautiful was as it far exceeded our expectations! Joanna, our stylist was amazing at creating an amazing atmosphere. Nichole and Kate, our coordinators were so helpful through the whole process and were always available for emails and phone calls for all my last minute questions. I could not be happier with Emerson Creek - I recommend it to all couples wanting a nice rustic and laid back atmosphere!

Asherah · Married on 08/01/2014

My wedding couldn't have been this perfect at any other venue. Emerson Creek was amazing in every way. My husband and I fell in love with this place the first time we visited to check it out. It also happened to be the first place we looked into, and we never looked anywhere else because we didn't need to.

The land is beautiful--from the large tranquil pond, the gazebo in the lawn, the renovated barn with the chandeliers, long vintage curtains, and romantic lighting, the spacious white tent, the big tree we were married in front of, and the view behind us--it is simply perfect.

Not only is it beautiful, but the owners and their staff are beyond helpful. They are friendly and accommodating and truly do everything they can to make your day perfect. Even though their business has grown and they are very busy in the summer, they still make you feel special and make sure you know you are a priority.

My coordinator, Nichole O. was a Godsend. She kept in contact with me leading up to our wedding day and never kept me waiting for a response. The day of our rehearsal and our wedding, she made sure everything ran smoothly and had everyone in their places. By the end, we felt like she was a part of our wedding party! I highly recommend her to anyone getting married here.

The are currently in the process of adding an on-site catering kitchen so that all food can be prepared on-site, but in the meantime they have a catering partner that services the receptions and they were still AMAZING. We got nothing but compliments about the food. (I will be leaving a separtate review for the caterer, My Chef Catering, Susan Jacobs).

Lastly, the way they do the bar service is AWESOME. Basically, you purchase a dram shop insurance policy, there is a minimal charge per person to cover drinkware, mixers, and bartenders, and you purchase the liquor yourself. This saved us a lot of money. We purchased a keg, wine, and liquor from Binny's and were able to return anything that wasn't open

Brielle · Married on 05/12/2018

Emerson Creek was an absolutely amazing choice for our wedding venue. It is a beautiful space, and does not need much else added. The whole team was great to work with. They were all very responsive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. They offer their own rental items you can use if you don't want to bring in your own decor, but the cost can add up quickly if using these. Overall I am very pleased with everything and would recommend this venue to others.

Katelyn · Married on 08/29/2015

3.8
      2.5
      3.0

Emerson Creek provides a gorgeous venue space for couples looking for a elegant, rustic feel. I could not have asked for a better location. It is priced on the higher end of venues, but it's beauty does not disappoint. My only complaint would be the timeliness in which I would receive correspondence back from the coordinators. Often times it would be a week or more before I'd get a response to a question or concern. The space itself though is truly spectacular.