emDOTzee Designs Reviews

emDOTzee Designs 2
emDOTzee Designs 3
emDOTzee Designs 4

Victoria · Married on 10/14/2012

Melody is beyond amazing! There is no reason to purchase your wedding invitations from a store or a website when you can have them custom made by Melody! I sort of knew what I wanted going in, but I obviously had no way of creating it myself. Melody really made my vision come to life! I'm sure I worried the snot out of her with my nit-picky edits, but truthfully, anything from her, no matter what draft, is perfection! I've never had so many positive comments, mainly from men (who we all know, don't normally recognize details), than I did with my invitations. We used Melody for everything from Save-the-Dates, to invitations, to RSVPs, to Rehearsal Dinner cards, to menus for the reception and table numbers and a seating chart. She is worth every penny and the quality is top-notch!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 10/06/2012

Melody was absolutely amazing! Our invitations were completely unique and beautiful. She was extremely responsive and always got back to us very quickly. For our place cards her turn around time was nothing less than spectacular. She was very patient with us and we received tons of compliments on her work.

Sent on 10/21/2012
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

I am so happy that I stumbled upon emDOTzee! I had been doing random Google searches for invitations with scroll designs and found links back to the emDOTzee blog. The website said that the owner of emDOTzee, Melody Zanation, works with you to custom design your wedding stationary. I really liked the idea of customizing my invitations and decided to contact her. Although she is based out of North Carolina she can work with anyone via unlimited email communications. I sent her examples of designs that I liked and the color scheme I wanted. She worked up several proofs and emailed them to me. There was one that I liked over the rest, but I didn’t feel like it was exactly what I was looking for. I decided instead of scrolls I would go with something more floral and I sent her my new ideas. She once again worked up the proofs for me. Once again, there was one I liked but it still wasn’t the “one.” Lastly, I decided to see what an invitation would look like with zebra print (a design element I was using at my wedding). We used the layout that I really liked for the scrolls but added the zebra print. The proof was perfect; it incorporated zebra print and hot pink so it was fun but yet still had a formal feel. She managed to achieve my exact vision for the “fee’” of my invitations. I originally didn’t want to go with zebra print because I knew if done wrong it could come of cheap, tacky, informal or a combination of all three. She designed matching Acknowledgements and Thank You cards. Everything arrived timely and in perfect condition. Melody of emDOTzee is amazing!

Sent on 11/10/2012

JK · Married on 09/29/2012

Melody was great to work with when designing invitations. We used emdotzee for invitations, programs, and thank you cards. The great thing about working with Melody is that she has a great assortment of designs, every ink color imaginable and some great ideas. She also provides unlimited PDF proofs so that you can view the PDF and if there are any changes, they are handled easily. Melody also did all of the envelope printing which turned out beautifully.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2012

We used emDOTzee for printing our Save the Dates and Wedding Invitations. Even though she is based in NC and we live in Florida she was incredibly easy to communicate with via email and even though she did such a fabulous job creating just what we wanted the first time around, she was clearly very willing to make adjustments according to our wishes. I found out about Melody of emDOTzee Designs when Google searching. After reviewing all her work on her blog I knew I had to use her!!! I was just not able to find the right invitations to match our wedding color scheme and garden theme on any other website. To have custom made Save the Dates and Invitations for the same price as anything I could order off of the internet with exceptional quality was a HUGE attraction. I would highly recommend emDOTzee to any future bride!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Anonymous · Married on 08/25/2012

I made a great decision with going with emDOTzee Designs. My invitations were beautiful! I received so many phone calls about how nice they were. And she really works with you. I don’t know how many times I went back to her to make changes but she never showed any frustration with me. LOL. I would definitely recommend emDOTzee Designs to anyone!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2012

Melody from emDOTzee Designs was great to work with! She created such a wonderful invitation and save the date for my wedding. Through my own fault I was a little delayed in approving the invitation designs but Melody worked over a weekend so that I could get the invitations out at the right time. She was so nice and very talented- I highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Melody was a lifesaver when it came to our invitations. Not only did she personally design them to fit our needs, she was able to do so, and print/mail them to me in record time! We couldn't have been happier with the quality or the outcome of our invitations, and everyone raved about them! We definitely will use her again in the future!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Rebecca · Married on 06/30/2012

Melody's design was beautiful and she was extremely easy to work with. I used Melody's services for wedding programs, menus, table numbers, and the seating chart. I had gotten my actual invitations through a local vendor, which was a terrible experience (thought I was saving a headache going local...NOT!!) and thus I went through Melody for everything else, although I wish I discovered her earlier! What I appreciated above all was that Melody was quick to respond to my emails, she answered my questions clearly so that there was so confusion, and she kept me informed on the process. I felt like I could trust her (even though we communicated only by email the entire time, no phone or face-to-face) and that means so much to a stressed out bride-to-be!! Melody is a great designer and very intuitive as far as what I was looking for in the design. I emailed her a list of maybe 5 examples from her website/blog that I liked, and what I liked about them, and Melody used that to create my designs which were PERFECT!! They turned out so well that they were one of my favorite parts of the reception. They truly added a touch of class. The product was very professional looking and Melody is a true professional who will go above and beyond for you. HIGHLY recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/12/2012
  • mariah

mariah · Married on 06/03/2012

After searching MANY invitation sites and going to several paperie shops, I just simply couldn't find an invitation that had both the pattern and color scheme I wanted! I decided that a custom invitation would be the choice for me but when I started requesting quotes I realized how expensive the process was. Just as I was about to give up the custom invite option (due to it being out of budget), I did a Google search of damask invitations and Emdotzee came up. I was highly impressed with Melody's work, I could tell she was very creative and each invitation was unique to each couple.
    At first I was nervous about the whole creative process because I live in NYC and Melody lives in Raleigh and we would never actually meet in person but the distance was never an issue. We corresponded through email and the process could not have gone smoother!! I began by telling Melody what I was imagining (a simple elegant eggplant damask pattern) and from there Melody sent me a bunch of options! I had a hard time choosing because all the options were AMAZING!!!!!!!
    From beginning to end Melody was such a pleasure to work with. She answered all my emails immediately and always had a great suggestion to make. She helped me with all the wording and was patient with me when I had tons of corrections with my guest addresses.
    I was able to order invitations and RSVP's both with printed addresses with upgraded paper, accommodation cards, escort cards, menu cards and thank you cards all from Melody for the same cost of only the invitations and RSVP's with another paperie person in Brooklyn. I couldn't be happier with my stationary from Emdotzee! I can't stop talking about Melody's talent and I've already recommended her work to a few other brides :)
    Melody, you helped make my wedding day perfect!! THANK YOU!!! <3

Sent on 06/20/2012

Dominique · Married on 05/26/2012

Melody did a wonderful job will my wedding stationary. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Kate · Married on 05/12/2012

We had a unique wedding. It was at the SF zoo. We really wanted ticket invitation that matched the theme. emDOTzee was able to make us not only invitations, but place cards, thank you cards, ect that matched our colors and overall theme and were priced within our budget. emDOTzee was also extremely helpful and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/31/2012

I loved working with Melody to design my save the date cards, invitations, seating chart, table markers and place cards. Melody listened to my ideas, examined examples of designs I liked and created the perfect design! She sent many, many, many previews and willingly tweeked them until I was happy with the design. Melody provides detailed pricing all along the way so you can easily keep within budget. Her turnaround time was excellent. I even had her address the invitation envelopes and was so pleased! I highly recommend using her services for your wedding stationary.

Sent on 04/19/2012
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2012

Melody was fantastic to work with! While I live in the Triangle, my mother commuted to our original meeting and we had much communication over the internet. emDOTzee responded quickly to my emails and produced wedding invitations, and save the dates that I loved! I would love to work with her again on future endeavors!

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • Evelynn

Evelynn · Married on 12/09/2011

I found emDOTzee through a web search after I became frustrated with the pre-created choices through other stationary companies. There were only two things I was fussy about: my cake and my invitations. So, finding a custom designer was the best choice for me. She was able to create the invitations I had pictured in my mind and make them a reality. We received SO many compliments on our stationary and I was 100% happy with the quality of her work. We utilized this company for our Save the Dates, Invitations, Reply Cards, and Thank You Cards.

Sent on 01/23/2012

Kimberly · Married on 11/05/2011

Melody was such a pleasure to work with. She was recommended to us by our Photographer and Wedding Planner. She is great for the budget conscious bride. She offers an amazing selection of invitations! You can choose from past bride ideas or create your own. She will send you as many proofs as you want and print when you are ready and completely satisfied with the proof she has designed. Thank you Melody for our absolutely BEAUTIFUL invitations! We love them and will cherish it forever!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Elana · Married on 10/22/2011

Melody was amazing to work with! She went above and beyond
    what we expected in designing and addressing our invitations. They were
    absolutely perfect, and we couldn't have asked for more. She was
    prompt, patient, creative, and affordable. She made designing an
    invitation over the internet a breeze. Somehow she was able to
    capture the theme of New Mexico from North Carolina without ever seeing our wedding location. I never thought we would be able to design such a
    perfect, unique, and personal invitation. I highly recommend Melody!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Maggie · Married on 10/15/2011

I came to Melody with a very unique idea to have a reception program. The program would be a large map with the locations of all our tables. After several months of work, it turned out amazing. Words can not describe how great the programs were. My vision was very hard to explain and Melody knew exactly what I wanted and made it happen. She also did our ceremony programs. The ceremony programs were so classy but still fit in the very fun theme of travel. She found the perfect balance between fitting in the theme and being formal for our 5:30 pm ceremony. We will use Melody for all our graphic needs in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Jacqui · Married on 08/13/2011

Thank you Melody!! We wanted to have customer baseball ticket invitations made to match our baseball themed wedding we were having in Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia). Melody took my rough ideas and worked magic. She is incredibly creative and flexible. We received so many compliments on the invitations. Guests didn’t want to send them back because they wanted to show them off to more people … And for the reception … Melody recreated baseball tickets in a miniature version for the tented place cards. It was totally awesome! I would highly recommend emDotzee designs. Jacqui and Virgil Taylor

Sent on 09/27/2011

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2011

My invitations were so beautiful, I got so many compliments. It was a great experience!

Sent on 06/20/2011
  • FutureMrsG

Chaka · Married on 04/21/2011

Working with Melody was good. She really took the time and listened to what I really wanted the invitations to look like as well as to say. she had really good ideas as well about little things we might consider to change to make things flow much smoother. Her pricing is very reasonable and well worth it. Everyone that saw our invitations told us how beautiful they were. I even got a compliments about the invitations on facebook. And on our wedding day. The seating chart was perfect as well as the programs for the ceremony. I could not have asked for anything more. even with all the changes that happened at the last minute she was able to get the invitations out and sent to us the day before the wedding. she really bent over backwards for us. And I would recomment using her. you can do all proofings online and everything. That way we didn't have to keep going back and forth to Cary to see her.

Sent on 05/22/2011
  • User1202805 · 2+ years ago

Loved my invitations and save the dates! We still get comments. Melody is awesome at what she does and very flexible. Couldn't have asked for a better turn out.

Sent on 05/10/2011

K · Married on 10/23/2010

Melody is a very talented graphic artist! She really took our vision and ran with it to come up with unique invitations that totally fit us! They perfectly complemented the ambiance we were going for at our wedding, and we loved them so much we decided to have her design our programs to match.
    She has so many great designs (you can see a good cross-section on her website/blog) I admire the work she's done for others -- she is able to catch so many styles and settings JUST RIGHT!
    I would DEFINITELY recommend her services to others!

Sent on 06/04/2011

April · Married on 10/02/2010

Melody was very easy to work with. We communicated only through email (which was best for me) and she still was able to understand everything that I wanted. Our invitations and reception stationary turned out great.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Cristina · Married on 07/09/2010

Working with Melody was so easy, and the quality of her work is amazing. She created invitations for us first, when all I really told her was the colors we wanted, and something with flowers but not TOO flowery. She sent back at least 10 great designs...any of which would have been lovely. We picked our favorite, and they arrived promptly and perfectly customized. I love that our invitations were one of a kind, and not something that anyone else can order. Melody was always very quick to respond to emails (I am located in California, so we communicated by email only), and she worked with me to find the perfect shade of blue, matching a fabric swatch that I mailed to her!

Melody also created our programs, which were in the style of a program fan. I appreciate that she gives you the option to assemble things yourself to save a little money, or pay extra to have it done, depending on your needs. She then designed our menus, table numbers, and signs for the bride and groom chairs. The table numbers and signs were a completely different concept from the invitations and programs, per my request, and it all worked together really well. I received so many compliments on each piece- invitations, programs, menus, and table numbers. I really believe that the custom stationary was essential in tying together our chemistry-themed wedding, and I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for affordable custom stationary!

Sent on 08/05/2010