Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel & Resort Reviews

12 | Oxnard, CA

12 Reviews for Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach Hotel & Resort

Allie · Married on 07/21/2017

If we were to do it all over again we would not change a thing. We had a wonderful experience working with Vanesa and her staff. Our guests (mostly traveling from out of town) loved the view from the Presidential Lawn. The photos are stunning thanks to the vibrant sky and ocean colors in the background. The catering provided by the venue was wonderful as well. Our guests all cleaned their plates and LOVED the appetizers during our cocktail hour. It's a little pricey, but well worth it!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Kate · Married on 10/10/2015

I had my wedding at the hotel. We had our ceremony on the beach and reception in the upstairs Embassy ballroom. My now husband and I were not planning on having a wedding, but were going to elope. Last minute, we decided to have a wedding after all. We looked, looked, and looked for open venues and nothing seemed available for last minute. Mandalay Beach Hotel and Resort was one of the venues that had an opening the weekend we desired. It is such a beautiful venue with Spanish and beach inspired designs. We loved working with Vanesa who was the Catering Manager. She was super friendly, helpful, professional and great to work with. She helped plan a great wedding for us only one month away. Our favorite part of the wedding was having our ceremony on the beach at sunset. The beach was clean and had palms trees all around. The food was wonderful and all of our guest told us how much they loved the food. We loved having our wedding at this venue. Thank you, Vanesa for help making our wedding a day to remember!

Sent on 11/19/2015

We had a fantastic experience from the moment we started until our wedding was over. Every person we dealt with was professional and accommodating. We had all of our guests stay there with us, and all of them will be going back, including us-highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/03/2014

rebecca · Married on 09/01/2013

amazing venue with affordable packages and great to work with

Sent on 09/08/2013

Briana · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I loved Embassy Suites! The price, the Presidential Suite, the Presidential Lawn ceremony, the Manager's Reception (for our guests), the complimentary breakfast (to gather and eat with our guests) ... it was beautiful! There were some downsides regarding the quality of service: although we requested to comp our guests parking, some guests were charged parking; some wedding cake slices were cut too small even though we had more than enough cake; and, the kitchen ran out of Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, so they served polenta at our reception which did not sit well with guests.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Heather · Married on 06/15/2013

After booking my wedding date the hotel went through renovations and were planning to have everything completed by my wedding date. For the most part they did. During the renovations the original people I was working with left and new people were hired. It took a little while for them to arrange in their new positions and I interacted with a few different people. Everyone kept fantastic notes and read them as well. I was never asked the same question twice and everyone I interacted with was able to answer my questions and help me. While staying at the resort everyone went above and beyond for my husband and I, but we did notice they did the same for the other guests as well...as expected for the prices we all paid!

Sent on 07/04/2013

Shelly · Married on 11/06/2015

3.0

Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach is the perfect place to hold your event of any kind. We just held our rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception here and couldn't have asked for it to be more perfect! The staff truly cared about our event and made sure that things ran smoothly. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour were the perfect touch for all of the guests at our event! I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking to host an event. Lindy was great to work with and was always very responsive and helped with every detail of the planning the hotel needed to be involved in.

Sent on 11/10/2015

4.2

The site is a beautiful "destination" wedding setting. Vanesa, the coordinator, was AMAZING. We were upgraded to a very expensive suite, and because it had stormed and created a two foot sand dune our guests would have to maneuver over to get to the sand, they upgraded us to the Presidential Lawn. The attendants as the reception were fabulous, and the food was very, very good. We had a small group, but a large wedding of 100 was put on the day before.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Jay · Married on 10/31/2015

4.2
      3.0

Ceremony: The Presidential Lawn right on the beach was absolutely amazing, but the price was high for less than a 30 min event.

Cocktail Hour & Reception: We opted to have the cocktail hour on the Pres Lawn (extra cost) at sunset and the view was stunning. Reception was held in the upstairs ballroom. Everything was ready as planned. Lighting vendor decor (recommended by the hotel) was less than expected and the uplighting color was not what we asked for. Tray-passed hors d'oeuvres and buffet style dinner service was perfect and delicious and all of our guests thoroughly enjoyed the event.

Wedding Point of Contact: Vanesa (Catering Manager) was absolutely wonderful to work with and very patient with us. She made sure that we had everything we needed and wanted for our special day.

Hotel Rooms & Grounds: The Pres Suite for bride & groom is awesome. Amazing ocean views, plenty of partying space, and it was free for booking the ceremony on the Pres Lawn; very nice touch. Guest rooms seemed a bit dated, but were comfortable with great views. The hotel grounds were kept up well and the pool and beach areas were comparable to a 5-star, tropical resort. Restaurant & bar food & service were exceptionally good.

Hotel Room Block & Booking Service: This was a complete nightmare. First, we were asked to keep track of our guests' bookings in case there was a mix up (really?). Next, in order to be included in our room block, guests were only allowed to book one room type if booking online or via phone. Then we had to coordinate with Vanesa or the Oxnard location hotel staff later to change the booking to what the guests actually wanted. Guests who booked through another outside discount service were not added to our room block at all. No effort was made to keep any of the rooms close together; all of them were located all over the property and some were not even ready for the day the guests arrived. No further discounts or refunds were offered for our troubles.

Sent on 01/06/2016

3.5

I loved the venue and loved my Caterer, Kelsey, she was fantastic!! The day before the wedding it was a bit of a disaster.. my room wasn't ready for normal check in time.. and couldn't get into my room until later in the day, cleaners were still cleaning.. the room list got messed up.. the room situation did not work out as well as I would have liked.. The ocean views were amazing and we loved every moment of it! The wedding turned out beautiful and the room was decorated beautifully!

Sent on 01/16/2013

Justine · Married on 05/25/2014

3.0

Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach is the perfect place to have your wedding or vacation! My then fiancé and I stumbled across this gem because we wanted a wedding with a beach backdrop as opposed to a beach wedding. In other words, we wanted a wedding at the beach, but with elegant tuxes and dresses as opposed to flip flops and sundresses. At Mandalay Beach, you can have that! Since your wedding will be on the lawn (where ours was) or in the courtyard, you can have a wedding at the beach without being in the sand. It is at a hotel, so your reception is on site and you don’t have to worry about your guests driving home drunk. My only complaint is that, because this place is so pretty, it is a shame that you cannot see outside once you are in the reception area. Yet, that is a small price to pay. Not to mention how nice and easy they make it to have your wedding here. We worked with Vanesa Cirerol. She is amazing! I strongly recommended working with her, although I don’t think you’d have a bad experience with anyone. My fiancé and I were hesitant to book our wedding here because they were undergoing new management, but Vanesa worked with us and was the one constant when everything else seemed to be changing. In the end, everything went perfect and we could not have been happier. We were so happy that we stuck it out and decided to have our wedding at Mandalay Beach. That is why we want others to have the happy experience we did. So, do yourselves a favor and book your wedding (or simply just your stay) at Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2011

1.2
      1.5
      2.0
      1.0

The venue is unbelievably beautiful, however, the service does not match the price. The biggest complaint I have is the venue double booked our wedding site. The Presidential Lawn is $5400 to have your ceremony and we were advised no other weddings would take place on the lawn on our day, but possibly may be held elsewhere on the property. The day of my wedding, 20 feet away from my chairs, a second wedding was held one hour prior to my ceremony. The venue left the chairs and arch in place during my ceremony. We were taking pictures on the beach prior to the wedding and were asked to move so as not to be in the background of the other bride's wedding.
    Secondly, the reception hall had minimal air flow. My mother asked if they could turn up the air conditioning and the staff's response was to have the guests stop dancing because it makes the room hot.
    Booking rooms was unnecessarily difficult for guests as well. When my guests called the hotel, several were told there was no wedding that day and that the hotel booking code was wrong. The topper was three months prior to my wedding the hotel decided to make it a three night minimum at $247 a night. They never notified us of the change, rather we fielded a slew of complaints from frustrated guests. Rather than telling guests that there was a minimum, they told them the hotel was booked. The majority of my guests only wanted one night and we were forced to set up a room block at a neighboring hotel.
    The Embassy Suites used every opportunity to capitalize off our wedding. The only stressful part of the planning process stemmed directly from interactions with the hotel. Sadly, it is abundantly clear a bride is just another bride at Mandalay Beach.

Sent on 11/03/2011