ELM Events Reviews

53 | Charleston, SC

53 Reviews for ELM Events

King S. · Married on 01/01/2020

Sweet + talented planning team

The ELM team planned one of the very first weddings at The Gadsden House + we’ve LOVED working with them on several weddings each year since! Lauren + Katie are both spectacular planners that go above + beyond for their clients. Throughout the planning process, they successfully assist clients in navigating through important event logistics, such as vendor selection, menu creation, floor plan design, etc. In addition to planning well-executed events, we love that each wedding is unique + representative of the couple - traditional or modern, colorful or classic, laid back or formal. Lauren + Katie’s vendor relations, friendly “can do” spirits + charisma allow couples to really ENJOY their engagements. You are in wonderful hands with these ladies + their team!

Sent on 04/29/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/13/2019

Invaluable!

As an event planner myself, I knew the use of a planner would be invaluable for our destination wedding in Charleston. I interviewed a series of wedding planners to try and find the right match, but as soon as I talked with Lauren I knew she was “the one.” From the moment I started working with Lauren, I knew we were in great hands. She is extremely organized, proactive, resourceful and responsive – all the things one should look and hope for in a wedding planner. Her and Katie make a fabulous team and were always just an email or phone call away if I ever had any questions throughout the planning process.

One of the best parts of working with the ELM team was seeing them bring my vision for our wedding to life. Although I was responsible for choosing and contracting with vendors, they handled every single aspect of the rentals we had to bring in for our venue (i.e., chairs, tables, linens, bars, furniture – the list goes on and on). I can’t tell you how big of a stress reliever it was to have the ELM team handle this for me. Not only in ordering the rentals, but handling the delivery, set up, and dismantle as well. Every single aspect of the look/design was perfect, and better than we could have ever imagined. They truly made my wedding dreams come true!
    I should also mention that Lauren and Katie ALWAYS respected my budget and left every final decision up to me.

But by and large the biggest value the ELM teams bring is their complete dedication to the job, and day-of coordination. I can confidently say that I did not have ONE worry when I work up on my wedding morning – I knew Lauren & Katie had everything handled. The week before the wedding, Lauren had sent out an email to our vendor’s with our wedding timeline. This ensured that all of our vendors knew where to be when, who was responsible for what, and how the event would flow.

They worked tirelessly all morning/afternoon to set up while we were getting ready in the bridal suite. They ensured every member of our wedding party knew where to go when, while also providing any emotional support I may have needed to calm my nerves. When the ceremony was over, they greeted me and my new husband with our favorite cocktails. When we returned back from photos, Lauren huddles us in a room so we could sneak some food down, fill out our marriage licenses and have a moment together alone before we were surrounded by friends and family congratulating us. Lauren and Katie took care of us, and it made every moment that much more special.

My biggest fear for my wedding day was that I wasn’t going to be able to be present – I’m someone who is always caught up in the details, trying to make sure everyone else is having a good time, before I kick back and relax myself. But with Katie & Lauren, I was 100 percent present for every single moment of the wedding. It was the most emotional, joyous day of our lives, and we are SO incredibly thankful to the ELM team for making that possible.

With Lauren and Katie you are in the BEST hands.

Sent on 05/05/2019

Amanda · Married on 11/24/2018

{rescheduled} November Wedding Amazing-ness

We used ELM Events for our November 24th wedding at Lowndes Grove in Charleston, and to say they were amazing wouldn't do them justice. Our original date was September 15th, but we had to reschedule because of Hurricane Florence. As a bride, it was my worst nightmare come true, but Lauren swiftly sprung to action to reschedule literally EVERY vendor for our new date (even more incredible knowing how competitive the Charleston wedding market is). Things were rebooked in a matter of hours. She called me to assure me everything was going to be beautiful and it completely put my mind at ease. And it was the best day ever- the proof is in the pictures.

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/27/2018

Hire them now!!

My husband and I used the partial planning package from ELM Events for our wedding this past weekend and they. were. amazing. My husband and I both agree Hiring ELM was the best money we spent - we were unsure whether we really needed a planner, but I literally cannot imagine how we could have pulled off the wedding without them! Like most couples, we were pretty inexperienced in all things wedding, and Lauren and Katie were there to help and guide us every step of the way. We loved all their recommended vendors we used (though we did go with a few of our own as well) and they worked with us to create a design plan that exactly fit our style and budget. About ~6 weeks out from the wedding, they took over all logistics, vendor communication, and final preparations - I can't stress how valuable this was for us!! We were able to enjoy our last few weeks of being engaged and feel confident that everything on our big day would run smoothly with Lauren and Katie in charge. We ended up having some last minute changes we were considering due to weather -- they were amazingly flexible, kind, and gave invaluable advice. On the day of the wedding, they managed every last detail from the vendors setting up our rentals to getting the groom mic'ed for the ceremony to corralling our wedding party for their entrances, making sure we always had food & a drink, and cleaning up everything afterwards. I can't thank them enough for making our wedding the best day ever and allowing us to truly enjoy the day!!!

Sent on 11/03/2018

Ally · Married on 04/07/2018

I can’t say enough good things about Lauren and Emma. From day one Lauren made me feel completely confident in planning our wedding day. Every email she responded quickly and was so helpful with every question or concern I had. On the day of our wedding, it rained the whole day. Lauren and Emma reassured me over and over that no matter what they had everything under control. We were able to bring a tent for the ceremony that Nathan and I still say was the best decision we made and it was all thanks to Lauren. She is not only one of the sweetest people I have ever made but she is so talented and it shows in her work. I couldn’t recommend ELM events enough to plan your wedding. In my opinion, they are the best there is. I am forever grateful to them for making our wedding day a day we will never forget.

Sent on 04/10/2018

Eboni · Married on 01/28/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Lauren from Elm Events for A Lowcountry Love Affair. Lauren and her team were is charge of our 10 year wedding renewal. When we first started our communication we hit it off perfect! She informed me what their plans were and asked if I had any input. I provided input when needed, but we were on the same page. She was very responsive to any questions or concerns that I had. The day of the ceremony, she made sure that the event went exactly as planned. I would definitely use them again for a major event.

Sent on 02/01/2018

Jennifer · Married on 01/20/2018

Words cannot express how happy I am for choosing Lauren at Elm Events to plan our most perfect fairytale wedding! From our initial phone call, I knew I would be in great hands. I chose the full package and it was absolutely worth it as this was a destination wedding for us. She was always very responsive and available to answer any questions. Lauren had an amazing list of all-star vendors – we loved everyone we worked it! She was very professional, organized, and composed the entire time we worked with her. The event was seamless and it was completely because of Lauren and her team at Elm Events. Lauren understood my vision and completely nailed it! It was the most magical night and I owe it all to Lauren!!!

Thank you so much Lauren!

Jennifer & Michael Hall
    1/20/18

Sent on 01/29/2018
  • PG

Paige · Married on 11/18/2017

Absolutely phenomenal!! I have no doubt in my mind that my wedding day would not have gone so flawlessly without Lauren! She's seriously incredible! We used ELM Events for the partial planning service and were planning from out of town. Her guidance and recommendations throughout the past year has been everything! Any questions I had she responded super quickly and was always so helpful! I had met with Katie for our first design meeting and she knew exactly how to bring the vision in my head to reality! Seriously, it was the most perfect day, I could not imagine anything more amazing! They thought of every single tiny detail! Lauren was there all day taking care of everything and was ON IT. Each point in the night transitioned so smoothly. Even my father, who originally thought I could "handle everything myself" (lol!!) is still talking about how amazing she was the entire day, three weeks later! Seriously -- if you're looking for someone to plan your day and bring your dreams to life -- you can stop looking, you've found the one!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Tricia · Married on 10/28/2017

Our coordinators Katie and Lauren along with the day-of helpers Danna and Melissa were wonderful to work with at ELM Events. We used their "month-of" service, but they were responsive and helpful during the entire planning process of securing other vendors. It was such a relief to hand over the reigns before the wedding and know that we were in good hands. They handled the few issues that arose on the wedding day quickly and quietly, treating us like royalty the entire day! Out wedding day was perfect, thanks to them! Their services were worth every penny!

Sent on 01/12/2018

April · Married on 09/15/2017

Where do I even begin...Lauren Miller was absolutely AMAZING!!! I don't know what we would have done without her!!! Hands down, the best decision in planning our wedding was hiring ELM Events! From the first initial meeting, I knew we were in great hands. Planning your wedding can be overwhelming, but she helped ease my mind every step of the way. A few days before our wedding, Hurricane Irma was on track to hit Charleston. I had no idea if we were going to have to post pone it. Lauren contacted me immediately and assured me she was already taking care of everything. She had been contacting all of the vendors and preparing a backup plan, if we needed it. I literally wanted to cry tears of joy, because she had everything under control! Her main focus was for me to relax and think positive thoughts, while she handled everything else. I can't explain how grateful I was for that and how she calmed my mind!! The hurricane came and went and the weather was perfect by the time the Wedding Day came.

That first Design Meeting, I told her my vision of the wedding day, and she brought it to life!! Every single aspect, and when I walked into the venue to get a peak, my jaw dropped! It was even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!! There is NO WAY we could have done this without Lauren and her team! My husband and I are still having people tell us how beautiful the wedding was, and I owe it all to her!

She went above and beyond as our Wedding Planner! Even going as far as to drive to our house during the wedding, because we left our marriage certificate there and she did NOT want us to regret not signing it that night. Literally, went to our house to pick it up! I am so incredibly grateful she did so that we could sign it, with our friends and family to witness, on our wedding day. I could go on and on listing the reasons why I would recommend ELM Events. But to put it simply, they literally are the BEST!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

We worked with Katie from ELM events as our 'month of' coordinator, and we are so so grateful that we did. Katie was in touch with us throughout the entire planning process, gathering details and keeping us informed. At the month out mark, Katie took over vendor communication, and it was SUCH A RELIEF!! If we had any questions, we just asked Katie, and it was taken care of! On our wedding day, she made sure everything was running on time and took the burden off our family and friends, so that everyone could enjoy the day. When we booked ELM we were not sure if we really 'needed' this service, but after the wedding we all agreed that this was invaluable to our sanity and enjoyment of our wedding day. We highly recommend ELM Events!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Helene · Married on 04/01/2017

Lauren and Katie at ELM events are truly the DREAM TEAM. They made our special day perfect!! Not only are the professional, responsive, creative, and charismatic they are truly caring. Everything ran so smoothly and we were able to enjoy our day completely. The quality of their service was impeccable. They have the best suggestions and are the perfect planners!! They are organized and on TOP of every detail. Their professionalism is top notch and they are SO sweet but, can crack the whip if need be. (love this about them!!) WE LOVE THEM!! Everyone could not stop complimenting them and everything they did for us. If there was a 10 star -ELM events gets it!! Book them for your wedding you will have the BEST day!!! xoxox Helene and Warren

Sent on 04/04/2017

Jenn · Married on 03/10/2017

ELM is the best! Lauren and Katie were absolutely wonderful to work with and the day was perfect because of them. They were imperative throughout the planning process. The day of was so smooth! From the moment I arrived to get ready, every single detail was taken care of and I was able to fully relax and enjoy the day. They have such amazing idea's and such a creative eye in pulling together your dream day. We were so happy with how everything truly came together in the most perfect way! There are so many details that go into planning your wedding day and I couldn't imagine it all coming together more seamlessly than it did because of Lauren and Katie!!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Lesley · Married on 03/04/2017

Where to start? I absolutely LOVE Lauren and ELM events and would not have made it through my wedding without them. She is so sweet and funny and kept everything running so smoothly. I felt like she managed to be in multiple places at once throughout the day and evening and she kept me sane! She was SO fun to work with leading up to the wedding and was very accommodating to anything that came up. She went way above and beyond the call of duty. She was very responsive via email and text and took care of all the little details. I was able to breathe easy and completely enjoy the day knowing that she was running point! Not only is she great at her job-- she's also just an awesome, funny, kind person that was lovely to have around on our special day. Book ELM events-- you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Matt · Married on 11/19/2016

I rated Elm Events the absolute top in every category because they were the best. Lauren Miller and her team exceeded my expectations. I have already recommended Elm events to two couples planning to wed in Charleston. I would not hesitate at all to recommend Elm Events. In fact, I would tell anyone planning a wedding in the Charleston area that they should book them.

My experience and my daughter's was wonderful. I can’t begin to tell anyone how so wonderfully perfect every aspect of Terry and Ryan’s wedding was – so, so perfect! And it was because of Elm Events. They took care of everything right down to the last detail. I met with Lauren on 2 occasions and that was all it took. And it was only at my request. Everything was taken care of. And on the day of the wedding, the Elm Events staff made sure we were where we were supposed to be and on time. I could relax and enjoy the wedding and reception. I think this is a hallmark of their service!

Lauren and her team went above and beyond on this. I can’t begin to thank them and their outstanding staff for all they did to make the wedding and reception so perfect! Please pass along my sincere thanks to all of their staff. They were so accommodating and professional.

I received so many positive comments to include:

“the best wedding I ever attended”

“there is a lot of love in this place”

“best wedding reception band they ever heard”

"best wedding in Charleston this year!"

And so many, many more.

My only advice is to contact them early.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Terry · Married on 11/19/2016

I don't even know where to start! From the moment I met Lauren at Starbucks, I knew we would hit it off!
    She is so cute, sweet, smart, and honest which means a lot to people when choosing someone to work with for the most important day of your life! I never thought about booking a planner until someone had suggested her. When I met with her, I knew I would make the right choice booking a planner as good as her! She made the engagement planning seamless and simple! She narrowed everything down and made my life EASY! This is what I needed! She would go above and beyond to make the day FABULOUS! She also made the Hibernian Hall look like a DREAM come true with the most beautiful fabrics, linens, mirror bars, furniture, and tables! She made the room come alive, and inviting with her setup- which I completely left up to her! My dad and I LOVED working with Lauren! Lauren, Katie, and Amanda were AMAZING and FUN to work with! Working with ELMS made my life easy and is WORTH the money. My day truly would not have been as wonderful as it was! It was a dream come true!!! I would highly suggest ELM events. I am 27 years old and I have been to numerous weddings and can say MINE WAS THE BEST!!!!!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Campbell · Married on 11/18/2016

I would have chosen to elope and not have a wedding if I didn't have the help of ELM. I learned that wedding planning can be overwhelming and stressful without a planner. ELM went above and beyond with every detail so I didn't have to worry about anything. They are so flexible, understanding and easy to work with. They also handled small issues behind the scenes so I didn't even have to worry about it allowing me the time and energy to focus on more important things. Definitely the most important and best decision we made during the whole process.

Sent on 02/01/2017

James · Married on 10/29/2016

We hired ELM as our month of coordinator for our wedding in Charleston last weekend and could NOT have been happier! Lauren, Katie, and the rest of the ELM team made sure that our day was absolutely perfect. From creating and executing the perfect wedding timeline to solving the inevitable snags that occurred during the day (which we had no idea about!), they were a joy to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone who needs a planner/coordinator in Charleston!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Laurie · Married on 10/28/2016

I am so happy, that early in the wedding planning process, my daughter and I decided we needed a full service planner and hired Lauren Miller and ELM Events. Lauren's experience combined with her sweet calm disposition made the planning process go smoothly. Lauren really took the time out to understand the design and style my daughter wanted for her wedding and put it all together flawlessly!! Through the planning process Lauren was very attentive to any concern we had and made many changes to accommodate us, all the while guiding and giving us great advice that I could tell came from experience. I was amazed at how wonderful the wedding turned out. I literally had many guest say it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! (venue - Boone Hall Cotton Dock) Hiring Lauren and ELM Events as full service planners was worth every penny. Lauren gave me peace of mind which allowed me to truly share in, and enjoy, my daughter's wedding day. And that is what your daughter's wedding is truly about!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/02/2016

Lauren and Katie were an absolute JOY to work with! They assisted me with the last few weeks of planning, and it was the best investment I could have made. Katie was an absolute PRO on the big day and was there to lend a helping hand every step of the way--she even helped put together our very dense wedding cake. What a life saver! I was able to ENJOY my wedding day because of Katie and ELM Events. I give them my highest recommendation!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Betsy · Married on 05/13/2016

Lauren Miller is absolutely amazing at what she does! I knew from the moment I spoke to Lauren on the phone that she would be the perfect fit and that I had the upmost confidence that she could help translate my vision into a reality. I decided to go with the partial planning option, where I would be able to participate in the wedding planning experience. It was a great decision for me as the planning aspect (picking vendors, menu and design) excited me but I was not too overwhelmed knowing I had Lauren with me along the way to provide guidance and be a sounding board for all of my thoughts. Lauren provided a list of preferred vendors and we worked together to nail down the perfect team for the wedding day. Lauren took over during the design portion. We met in person and discussed décor options and rentals and she put together a beautiful design, everything I was looking for! Several months out, Lauren took over the planning responsibilities so I could breathe easy as the big day approached which was wonderful. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, everything went seamlessly and every guest was absolutely wowed by the events. Lauren knows what she is doing!

Throughout the entire planning process (and over a year and a half of time) Lauren was extremely responsive and helpful. Her expertise and advice went a long way and it truly felt like I was working with a close friend. I knew she understood me and had my best interests at heart. I would highly recommend ELM Events, Lauren is truly amazing and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Carolyn · Married on 05/07/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lauren and her assistant Katie! They are a fantastic team and made sure that everything ran smoothly on the day of our wedding. It was the best day we could have imagined thanks to their support, guidance and execution. Lauren's recommended vendors were top notch and it saved me so much worry to know that we were working with great people. Katie was super responsive and even came to our hotel to pick up the wedding reception supplies. They are absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in Charleston!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Melissa · Married on 01/16/2016

Lauren and her team were fantastic to work with throughout the entire process! I decided to do a short term engagement and Lauren took it in stride to create a wedding in 5 months that looked like we'd spend 2 years planning. She captured my style perfectly and never acted like I was a bother when I wanted change things. She was great for advice and steered me in the right direction any time I needed help. Everything was wonderful and I didn't have to worry about any of the details, which was exactly what I wanted. My family and friends were able to truly enjoy the day with the help of Lauren, Katie, and Emma! The best advice I can give to any future bride is to pick good vendors, they'll make your life so much easier. I'm so thankful for the incredible wedding team I had and wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Bailey · Married on 10/31/2015

Lauren Miller is amazing. The look & feel portion of our wedding was the most important piece to me. So once I interviewed Lauren to be my planner and saw all her design work, I didn't interview anyone else. My fiance and I are in NYC and my parents are in Atlanta, so trying to go it alone on the planning process wasn't an option. We used Elm Events for their Full Service package -- Light planning begins a year out (big plans like location, band, caterer, etc) and gets much more intensive 2 months closer to the wedding (day of details, final seating, etc). Lauren did an amazing job of keeping us stress free -- She had an agenda so that whenever we needed to get something done, we knew and had plenty of time. She kept our options simple, choosing her favorite few spots when it came to food and bar companies, based on our budget (sometimes we went over budget on some parts but we trusted her to know what was best!).

I met with Lauren only 2x (being an out-of-town bride) and when we met, it was like catching up with an old friend. She truly makes you feel that her job revolves around your big day (and not all the other brides she's also planning for). Everyone loved her. We didn't even do a rehearsal before the main event and it went very smoothly with 10 bridesmaids/10 groomsmen. Her assistant Katie was also a gem. As we got closer to the date and were working through timeline, Katie got involved and was wonderful and quickly responsive to anything.

We got married at Legare Waring House in West Ashley on 10/31/15 -- She's done more weddings there than any other planner in the area, so if you're getting married there, she's a mandatory choice! Girl's got clout.

In sum, Lauren was able to recommend & coordinate food, flowers, bar, rentals, desserts, photographers (Aaron & Jillian were AMAZING) down to a T. Every one of my guests said it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to (actually Pintrest worthy).

Sent on 11/24/2015