Elle Bridal Boutique Reviews

14 | San Diego, CA

14 Reviews for Elle Bridal Boutique

Allie · Married on 05/20/2017

I may be biased, but Elle Bridal was the best bridal store that I visited. It was the fourth one that I went to and by the time I walked through the door, I was feeling a little discouraged. I live on the east coast, but traveled to San Diego so that I could try on dresses with my close family friends. I was worried that I would leave empty handed, but thanks to Elle Bridal, that was not the case! Chloe, our bridal consultant, was so patient and easy to work with. I also liked that she had lived in the city that I was getting married in (I like cool connections). When I found the dress, we took pictures and popped confetti. Chloe made it a fun and stress free experience. I was a bit nervous about shipping my wedding dress, but it arrived earlier than expected and in perfect condition. For anyone in San Diego looking for a wedding dress, I highly recommend Elle Bridal Boutique!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Katie · Married on 05/06/2017

Wow! How can I give Elle Bridal Boutique and Chloe a 10 across the board?! I cannot emphasize enough what an amazing experience we had at Elle Bridal Boutique! Chloe is amazing and felt like part of the family before we left! I tried on about seven dresses while I was there and by the seventh one I knew it was it. The best part was Chloe truly listened and when we went back to try another dress she already knew which one she wanted me to try next based on what I had told her in the last dress. I would have honestly not expected the dress I picked to have been the one but Chloe knew me and what I was looking for better than I did! I can't wait until the dress of my dreams arrives this winter! Thank you for everything Chloe!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Elle Bridal Boutique's reply:

Wow thank you so much for these kind words, Katie! We are so glad you found the dress of your dreams at Elle! We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience! Congratulations! XOXO

Heidi · Married on 03/18/2017

I can not express the gratitude I have for the ease of this whole process. I'm the type of person who likes to do a lot of research so ensure that I make the absolute best decision. The plan was to see 4-5 bridal boutiques and choose the best dress based on look, comfort, price and whatever else came into play. I saw their site said their dresses ranged from $2000-6000, I figured, there might be a couple that would fit into my budget; I hoped they would be my style.

We had the entire shop to ourselves and had her undivided attention! She sat us down and instead of asking what I was looking for in a dress, she asked me more about how I envision my wedding, what is the most important to me and how I want my guests to feel, all things she took into consideration when curating my selection of dresses. She couldn't have been more spot on!

The first dress she had me try was stuuuuuuuning. I tried on 4 more dresses, all of which I would have been happy in, but knew it was that first one that would be the one. The last dress she had me try was similar and it was a hard choice, but ultimately me and my bridal party agreed that the first dress was the one. I said yes to the dress, we popped confetti and the sea of emotions flooded through me! Not only that but it was $2,100 so it was exactly what I was aiming to spend! The second runner up was $1800 and I really appreciated Chloe for respecting my budget and not trying to push a $6,000 dress on me "just to see" and try to force a larger sale on me. Chloe spent the entire time making me feel super comfortable, she's so adorable and easy to talk to and the next thing you know you're signing off on your dream dress.

I feel confident not going anywhere else and honestly wish I had more reasons to come back!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Heidi · Married on 03/18/2017

Sent on 05/16/2016

Tiffany · Married on 03/04/2017

I said "yes to the dress" at Elle bridal boutique!! I saw this place in downtown San Diego about a year ago and made a mental note that I wanted to come here to shop for my wedding dress whenever I got engaged. So, I got engaged in December 2015, and my wedding isn't until 3.4.17, super early so I wasn't expecting to buy a dress, just wanted to put my toes in the water... Next thing I know the first dress I put on I was in tears, and just fell in love. This wouldn't have been possible without the help of lovely Chloe, she was so sweet and helpful, she didn't care one bit about how sweaty my tooshy was haha TMI but she really helped guide me, and wasn't pushy at all. With Chloe, the beautiful boutique, and the dress that "gave me that feeling" is really what won me over! I couldn't be happier, and I'm so glad my first and last wedding gown experience was at Elle! ??

Sent on 02/16/2016

Nikka · Married on 07/30/2016

This boutique has got it figured out!

From the moment we walked in, we were greeted and felt right at home. There are so many beautiful things to look at in this boutique - starting with the gowns, to dresses (to fulfill your needs for rehearsal dinners, photos, etc.) stationary, and jewelry!

The boutique only does 1 appointment at a time, so it really is all about the bride! Chloe took the time to really understand my vision and listen to everything I had to say. I can't thank her enough for even helping to help me break free of preconceived perceptions of what did/didn't look good on me. I even got to try things on that were not in my comfort zone and felt even more beautiful that I could have imagined. I never felt forced, uncomfortable, or rushed. Everything in the boutique is so unique - handmade belts and headpieces I have never seen. Can I live here?

I ultimately said YES to the dress and we celebrated with confetti and happy tears. For all the brides who are in search for the perfect gown, definitely stop into Elle and you will not be disappointed.

I also walked away with a dress for engagement photos and a Bliss Tulle skirt (look it up - they are the cutest!) for the rehearsal dinner. I'll be back for my bridal accessories and gifts for my bridesmaids! See you girls soon!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Brianna · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about Elle Bridal Boutique! The entire experience with Elle was incredible from the moment I stepped inside. The shop itself is beautiful, and Krystel makes you feel like a true princess. This was the only place I visited where I loved EVERY SINGLE dress I tried on. After trying on about five dresses, I found “the one”—a beautiful Anais Anette gown that was everything I had dreamed of. I cannot recommend Elle Bridal Boutique enough- they have an INCREDIBLE selection of dresses, gorgeous accessories, and all at what I would consider to be a fair price. I think my dress was about $1800 and I feel like it looks like a $6,000 gown. Thank you, Elle, for helping me feel so amazing on my big day!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Dear Brianna,
    Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Elle and that you felt like a princess you are! The Anais Anette gown was absolutely breath taking on you and we know you looked like a million bucks in the dress on your wedding day! So happy we were able to help you find the one!

Margaret · Married on 05/28/2016

I walked into Elle bridal boutique exhausted and not very hopeful after a very long day of shopping around for dresses. Chloe greeted us with such a refreshing sweet exciting and professional way.
    She wanted to get to know me the person she was helping, she didn't treat this appointment as another sale she could make. She heard me out, she got a taste of my personality. During the appointment she asked about my vision and my relationship. Not only did she treat me with great respect she was very mindful and very personable to the guests I brought with me. I felt like she was on my side, not pushing her own agenda and her own likes and dislikes with the different styles available to me. She was very patient. She wasn't trying to make a sale, she was definitely trying to lift my spirits and change my opinion about dress shopping, which she succeed in. The atmosphere is absolutely adorable. Very clean and sophisticated. I found the most perfect dress thanks to Chloe! The transaction was so smooth and natural. Thankyou Elle bridal! It was a pleasure coming in!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Anna · Married on 05/21/2016

Elle Bridal Boutique has everything you need!! I got all of the last minute little things that I needed for my wedding!
    - I got all my bridesmaid gifts and cards (I had 9 bridesmaids)- I got them pretty gold necklaces that matched my wedding theme, and they have the CUTEST cards from Sugar Paper and Rifle Paper Co.
    -"best day ever" cake topper
    - guest book
    - veil (one of my favorite parts of my wedding day look)
    - "bride" and "maid of honor" hangers for our dresses (great for pictures!)
    - little white dress for my rehearsal dinner
    - and more!
    Usually brides wait until the last minute to get this kind of stuff, but I am telling you, you don't have to shop around anymore! Go to Elle Bridal Boutique!
    It is a one-stop-shop for all the necessities and little details that make your wedding special! I had a blast shopping for all these fun things in the shop that is decorated so beautifully and all the stylists who work there really know their stuff! It was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning because it was not stressful at all but exciting and fun! Thank you Elle Bridal Boutique!

Sent on 06/18/2016

Dear Anna,
    Thank you for taking the time to recommend us! It means the world to us! Sending light, love, and joy your way! Thank you again!

Nicole · Married on 10/17/2015

I loved this place so much! The decor is stunning and makes you feel like a princess when you're there. I liked how small and intimate it felt trying on dresses, since they only do one appt. at a time. The staff was genuine and helpful and I absolutely loved my dress. Every time I went in to pick up my dress, etc. I looked forward to being there. They even let me come back after purchases the dress to try it on for some other bridesmaids who couldn't make the first appt. If you're getting married, you need to check this place out!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Dear Nicole,
    You are AMAZING! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Elle. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the boutique and were pleased with your experience. It was our honor and pleasure to have you in!

Mad · Married on 06/15/2015

I have had such a whirlwind engagement prior to a dual deployment schedule between my fiancé and I. I have had so many dress appointments at various stores all over town. My very last one was at Elle Bridal Boutique. I fell in love with a gown there and Krystel was phenomenal to be around. She has the cutest shop in all of San Diego and her laid back approach to trying on dresses and finding the perfect one is just what every bride needs. She is so outgoing and easy to talk to about your perfect vision! Thank you, Krystel! For such an incredible experience!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Dear Madi,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with elle! It was such an honor and pleasure to have you in and help you find the dress of your dreams at such a special time in your life! Congratulations again and thank you so much for your kind words, they mean the world to us.

Vanessa · Married on 11/13/2015

I bought the least expensive dress in the place and it was $2k. Very pricey. But the gowns are unique and not mass produced. Incredible craftsmanship and great customer service. I also bought a Twigs and Honey headpiece that was so delicate and stunning. I loved Elle Bridal.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Dear Vanessa,
    It was our honor and pleasure to help you find your DREAM DRESS! We appreciate your review for Elle and we are so glad that you enjoyed our boutique. We wish you all of the love, joy, and happiness that life has to bring! Thanks again!

Ashley · Married on 05/27/2017

2.4
      3.0
      1.5
      2.5
      0.5

This store is cute and has a decent sized inventory. Where they lost me was their professionalism/salesmanship. I laid out my budget before we looked at a single dress. The girl proceeded to show me dresses upward of 40% over my set budget and improvised on facts regarding alterations with statements like "I'm sure they wouldn't even charge you to do that". (Alterations are not done in house.)

Sent on 03/29/2017

Hi Ashley,
    I am the owner of Elle Bridal Boutique and I wanted to personally apologize that you were shown gowns above your budget. We pride ourselves on customer service and doing our best to show our brides only gowns that are within budget. Our stylists are trained to show gowns on the floor and emphasize what is in budget and what is not, if the bride decides to look/ try on gowns above budget our stylists should first show and tell the bride the price before she tries it on if the gown is over budget. We are so sorry this was not the case when you were in. We really want to make sure that our brides walk away loving the experience and hopefully finding the gown of their dreams in their price range. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to try on a gown over budget and not know until after you have tried it on and I am so sorry that happened.

I just wanted to say thank you for coming into elle and if there is any other feedback you would like to share directly with me, I would love to hear from you so we can improve our service. My personal cell is 619-206-2905 or you can email me back at ellebridalboutique@gmail.com.
    Thank you again for letting us know about your experience so we can improve in the future.

XO,
    Krystel Tien
    Elle Bridal Boutique
    ellebridalboutique.com

Margaret · Married on 05/28/2016

2.0
      0.0
      1.0

The rating says it all, stay away. If you want to be treated honestly and right until the very day of your wedding, go some place else. Long story short, associate was careless, dishonest and quick to make a sale. This lack of costumer service left me with a dress that absolutely does not fit and a salon that does not care to fix their mistake. If you want to read my review on Yelp, please do. It may be beneficial. http://www.yelp.com/biz/elle-bridal-boutique-san-diego?hrid=VYFhe7kM--89ewT-4PmKZw&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct) Stay away, and find some place else

Sent on 02/24/2016

Elle Bridal Boutique's reply:

Hi Margaret. We were very surprised to receive this review and we are so sorry that you are unhappy with your gown. We are an honest company that cares deeply about our brides.

As with all our customers, when you decided on the specific gown for your wedding, we took measurements and entered them into your contract. We then look at the size chart and recommend the size that would fit you best. Ultimately, we leave the size ordered up to you. You went against our recommendation for the size 2 and decided to order the size 0.

Chloe worked with you every step of the way that included your first appointment, email interactions, and the day when you picked up your gown and tried it on in our store.

When you came in to pick up your gown, you were very happy even though it did not zip up all the way. When your mom questioned the size you reminded her that the dress was the size you ordered.

As with all of our customers, prior to leaving our store with your gown, you signed that you had picked up your gown and that it was in perfect condition. This also included reiterating that the designer will no longer allow changes to be made to the size or optional designs.

You then called us back almost a month after taking the gown home asking if you could get a different size. I very kindly let you know that the designers do not allow us to send back dresses once a gown has been ordered. That is why we make sure every step of the way that you know it is a final sale.

We understand from this review that you are now unhappy with the size of the gown you ordered but that has nothing to do with us or our service.

We wish you all the best with your upcoming wedding.