Elizabeth Solaka Photography Reviews

Elizabeth Solaka Photography 4
Elizabeth Solaka Photography 5
Elizabeth Solaka Photography 6
Elizabeth Solaka Photography 7

To start things out, Elizabeth swooped in a month and a half before our wedding after we decided that our original photographer just wasn’t going to work out. She completely took charge and our anxiety was diffused. She is so organized and has such attention to detail that we felt completely at ease in her hands. We were really tight for time, and we got married around the holidays, but Elizabeth went out of her way to meet with me—at work! It was so great to meet her and I really appreciated all of her efforts. A true testament to how much she cares about her brides and their individual weddings. A true contrast to the person we originally chose. Elizabeth is an absolute pleasure to work with—which was an extra bonus to her obvious talent with the camera and one of the qualities that drew us to her. She has a quiet presence and is just a genuinely nice person. She is respectful of your space but still able to capture small moments and candid shots that you might not get with another professional. We got married in December at a gorgeous barn/field and I really wanted pictures outside. It was freezing cold, but she didn’t skip a beat and even gave me her scarf at one point. Although I don’t know much about photography, I would say she is very true to her story-telling style, which was so great to help us re-cap the crazy events of the night. She was so quick to get our pictures and even put a collage together while we were still on our honeymoon. It was so wonderful to see so many of the pics so quickly and made us even more excited to see the album in its entirety. I would say if there are shots you really want to get, just speak up. Elizabeth is flexible and took so many photos of our night (1900!) that we have tons to look back on to remember the best night ever!

Sent on 05/04/2015
  • F

Flavia · Married on 11/10/2013

Sorry for giving this review after half a year of my wedding. Due to so many personal issues. :(

Elizabeth is really a kind-heart person. She gave us lots of help before wedding and of course a great help during the wedding.

Before wedding: She kept contacting with us even sometime we forgot contact with her. And she would answer all of your different questions with patience. That really made my work easier as you know only my husband and I planed the whole wedding. And she also recommended other vendors to us like DJ and videographer. We really appreciated it.

During wedding: Elizabeth went to my hotel one day early to meet my early wedding time. Then you didn't worry about whether your photographer would be stuck in the traffic. :) And she was really friendly to take photos wherever you went and whatever you want. We even had no idea she was taking pics for us and we felt very enjoyable.

And maybe you should be more creative then you can have more poses in the wedding pics. This is one part I think both Elizabeth and us are not creative too much. But we still like the pics. Here Thank You again very much.

Sent on 12/07/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 03/17/2013

Elizabeth went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable with her style. She also made sure we got the pictures that we wanted. It was important to me to have pictures but not have someone in my face with a camera. Elizabeth's kind and gentle personality put me at ease on the day of my wedding. I knew I could trust her to get the pictures I wanted without being aggressive or pushy to me and my guests. My pictures were available to me before I even went on my honeymoon! Elizabeth enjoys what she does and it shows in her work.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Lysanne · Married on 05/09/2009

I am writing this review now because George, baby and I, just finished watching our wedding album slide show and it brought back the intensity of emotions, that day had for us and our guests.

After meeting with several wedding photographer that were good, I met Elizabeth over coffee to discuss possible hiring her. At once her professionalism, great personality and fresh artistic vision were apparent, and I knew she would be a great match for George and myself wedding. She was understanding, responsive and had a very positive energy during our preparation to the wedding. On the day of the special day she was everywhere, without anyone even noticing, as evident when looking back at the pictures our friends and ourselves always say “ how and when did she get that moment, did not even see her”. Her pictures are full of life and movement. The mood and atmosphere of the day and person, at that moment jumps off the page, in their unique space and time and they are forever alive.

I believe the testament to a great photo, is when looking back at them years after, they are as fresh and intense as the day you felt them. Having Elizabeth as our professional photographer was one of the best decision George and I have every made. We continue to enjoy our wedding day through her pictures. She exceeded our expectations and therefore we would highly recommend her as your professional photographer.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Theresa · Married on 11/06/2004

The wedding day was a beautiful but windy autumn day in Michigan. I wasn't sure if we would have to forego the outside shots even though the sky was gorgeous. Elizabeth found ways to capitalize on the beautiful, natural lighting and landscape and even inlcuded some whimsical shots of the bridal veil caught in the breeze. Nothing was lost on her keen eye. The sun streaming through gorgeous stained glass church windows, affectionate looks between loved ones, little boys waiting patiently in the church pew, the very proud father of the bride, the nervous groom, the bridal bouquet that had been casually set on a chair to free the bride for hugs and kisses, the stunning atrium of the Royal Park Hotel. It was all captured and the photos are stunning! And yet the photography seemed so unobtrusive. Elizabeth was extremely generous with her time and talent and we are forever grateful. Her approach to wedding photography as art is evident in these photos.

Sent on 11/13/2008

Patti · Married on 08/28/2004

Elizabeth was our wedding photographer ten years ago and I to this day couldn't be happier with the images and memories she captured. She was extremely flexible and willing to give us exactly what we wanted, which was a little bit of everything... Some black and whites, some color, some candid, some traditional. The pictures were all beautiful and working with her was such a pleasure. My whole family adored her! 10 years later if we were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Our pictures are timeless and perfect. Thanks so much Elizabeth!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

4.2
      3.5

Elizabeth is a really wonderful choice for wedding photographer. It's a testament to her generosity and passion that she doesn't charge 3x what she does for the resume and quality that you get. We got hundreds of photos that are so beautiful--hard to pick our favorites! She is such a joy to be around personally as well. If you're like me and you might have important family members not where they need to be at moments when they need to be there (-_-), hire Elizabeth because she will still get the shots and you won't have to worry! She got wonderful candids at the reception and really created a collection of photos we can treasure.

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Elizabeth Solaka Photography 8
    Elizabeth Solaka Photography 9
    Elizabeth Solaka Photography 10
    Elizabeth Solaka Photography 11
    Elizabeth Solaka Photography 12

Deirdre · Married on 08/29/2008

3.5

Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing in our special day. Your beautiful photographs captured the essence of the day an we are thrilled! We wanted a more photojournalistic spin to our event instead of fixed-firm posed shots...we love the paparazzi shots!

Sent on 11/18/2008