Elizabeth Grace Occasions Reviews

25 | Mount Pleasant, SC

25 Reviews for Elizabeth Grace Occasions

25 Elizabeth Grace Occasions Reviews

Sara · Married on 05/21/2016

Amy was absolutely wonderful and was so helpful to make our wedding the perfect day! She was so quick to respond and willing to meet at a drop of a hat. She made the process so easy and enjoyable and if anything went wrong that day, I sure didn't know it! Would definitely recommend Elizabeth Grace!

Amie was INCREDIBLE. She absolutely floored me with how beautiful our wedding was the day of. She was so accommodating with our busy schedules and made sure to check in with us often. We never felt like we were just another client to a ridiculously booked wedding planner. She was WONDERFUL! Always so professional and very lovely. She did both our planning and our flowers. To say we were impressed with her is an understatement. Thank you so much for helping us have the perfect day! -Mallory S.

Sara · Married on 09/26/2015

Amie is AMAZING!!! There is no way that there's a better wedding planner out there than her! She made wedding planning and the wedding day seamless and was a lot fun to work with. Initially, I was reluctant to hire a planner because I wanted to remain hands on with the wedding, but hiring Amie was the absolute best decision we could have made. We were very hands on with everything and Amie was there to make sure we stayed on track and to pull everything together. Knowing that she was there to make sure nothing would fall through the cracks took away so much stress. The wedding day was more perfect than I was imagining in my head. She was very responsive and accommodating and went above and beyond what we expected. Worth every penny - highly recommend!

We worked with Amie of Elizabeth Grace Occasions for our June wedding and could NOT have been happier!! Throughout the entire process, Amie went above and beyond to make sure everything would be just as we wanted it for our big day. Having Amie there for the rehearsal and the wedding was a true blessing. I was able to enjoy the very special moments of our wedding day without stressing over the details and coordinating with the vendors. She made sure everything was in its place and the venue and decor turned out even more beautiful than I had imagined, thanks to her help and thoughtful oversight. Do yourself a favor and leave your big day to Amie, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Other than saying yes to my groom, choosing Elizabeth Grace Occasions to plan our wedding was the best decision I made. Really.

Not only is Amie kind and calming, but also she has amazing ideas and was able to keep things on track despite my crazy work schedule. At our first meeting, she asked about what was important to us for our wedding; she listened and made those things a priority throughout the months leading up to the big day. There were lots of wedding details about which I didn't have strong opinions or the time to deal with, and she (thankfully!) stepped in and took the lead on those things. The vendors she referred us to were perfect fits for us--she never led us wrong.

As my groom and I were driving away from the reception, we kept saying, "Best wedding EVER!" Nothing went wrong that day, or if it did, I never heard about it. I didn't feel that Amie was just doing a job--I felt that she was working with me as a friend. I hope to have another event to plan with Elizabeth Grace Occasions, it was such a great experience!

Anna · Married on 11/29/2014

Amie was really wonderful and easy to work with. She made the whole experience so fun, kept everything meticulously organized (and kept us on budget!!), and our wedding turned out beautifully! I can't imagine having worked with anyone else and having it all turn out the way it did... Elizabeth Grace Occasions is the best in Charleston, hands down!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Elizabeth Grace Occasions's reply:

Thank you, Anna! You and your family were all so lovely to work with. Congratulations to you and Josh!

Missy · Married on 11/29/2014

Amie and Gayle, the two sisters of Elizabeth Grace Occasions, were a delight to work with. They were very organized, easy to work with and took care of every little detail. Ultimately, my daughter's wedding was beautiful, stress free and fun!
    I highly recommend Elizabeth Grace Occasions and couldn't imagine working with anyone else.

Jenny · Married on 11/07/2014

Amie made our wedding day seamless. She coordinated everything with our vendors for the day of our wedding so that I did not have to worry about anything. Her vision for decoration and my taste was completely aligned, and I was so pleased when I saw how everything came together. She is a professional and truly made our wedding day stress-free, organized and beautiful!

Chelsea · Married on 09/21/2014

Hiring EGO was the best decision I made regarding the wedding (aside from the groom, of course!). I spoke with a few prospective planners and after speaking with Amie I knew she was the one because I instantly felt comfortable with her. I wish I hired her sooner, and not only mere months before the wedding.

Amie put me at ease, bringing my attention to things that I didn't realize I needed to think about. I was able to rent some decor from her, and when we decided to rent furniture from a vintage company, she even suggested other things to rent from them as opposed to from her because she thought it went better with our theme. Another example of her awesomeness was we were on the phone going over linens, and I said I wanted a certain color combo with the tablecloths and napkins. Amie had the swatches in front of her (I live in Oregon) and the coloring is somewhat different online than in person and she so politely gave her opinion that she didn't think the combo went well together without trying to impose on my vision. And after seeing the color in person later, boy was she right! I greatly appreciate that she wasn't afraid to give her opinion instead of going along with whatever crazy combination I had in mind.

I'm a pretty Type-A person and it took everything in me to not run to the venue in the middle of getting ready to direct the look of the decor. In all honesty, I don't think I could have even done nearly as good of a job executing my vision as Amie and her staff did. She even brought certain items for us to use that I forgot to provide. At the end of the night, all our friends and families were raving about Amie; I even heard she helped arrange cabs for our friends which was amazing.

EGO also did my flowers for the ceremony, bouquets, reception and it all turned out beautifully and was much more affordable than other florists I had looked at.

A million thank yous for everything, Amie and EGO!!! I'll miss working with you!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Elizabeth Grace Occasions's reply:

Thank you, Chelsea! You and Thomas and your entire family were such a pleasure to work with. Congratulations on a big week - passing the bar exam AND becoming Mrs. Ashton! I'm confident you have a very successful marriage and future ahead of you :)

Catherine · Married on 04/12/2014

EGO did my wedding yesterday! I worked primary with Amie. She and her team were Fantastic to work with! They are professional, knowledgable, and put together a great event. I was so surprised when I walked in. The decor was perfect and my day ran seamlessly! Not to mention they are SO NICE! I would recommend EGO to anyone for wedding planning, and am so thankful they were there for my husband and me for our wedding.

Christen · Married on 05/26/2013

I absolutely LOVED working with Elizabeth Grace Occasions! While we were planning our wedding I was living in Utah and my fiance was in Rhode Island, we were only able to make it to South Carolina once before our wedding. Amie took care of everything for us! I hardly worried about our wedding day, which is a great feeling as a bride. We described to Amie what we would like for our wedding and she made everything happen perfectly, from the decor and set-up, to the games. The ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were absolutely perfect and GORGEOUS! It was flawless. Amie and her team worked so hard to make sure everything was exactly what we wanted.

Amie was very knowledgeable about weddings, which as someone who never thought about wedding details I found it to be extremely helpful. She thought of every little detail! She was great at communicating what needed to be planned, even the little items I should have thought of but didn't.
    Amie was also great about working with our vendors. She took care of everything, making sure contracts were signed, payments were made on time, and that the vendors were on time and prepared for the actual wedding day. I honestly did not have to worry about anything.

Our wedding day was perfect! Nothing went wrong, at least that I knew of. Elizabeth Grace Occasions allowed us to completely be in the moment and enjoy our special day. As we drove away that night in our amazing get-away-car, all I could talk about was how perfect everything was, we owe that to Amie and her team. I should also add that many of our guests sincerely commented that our wedding was the most fun, beautiful, and classic wedding they had been to. We were not the only ones who thought our wedding was ideal. It was truly a dream come true. Thank you Elizabeth Grace Occasions! Hiring you was the best decision we made and the best money we spent for our wedding.

We highly recommend Elizabeth Grace Occasions to anyone!

Dana · Married on 05/18/2013

Amie & Gayle were the best thing that could have happened for our wedding. They were extremely professional & easy to work with, were always available and eager to meet, and had such creative and innovative ideas!! They made our welcome bags, centerpeices, helped create our flower pieces, and had GREAT, cost effective ways to make our wedding exactly how we envisioned it. I purchased the unlimited wedding package through them- best idea. It DEFINITELY pays for itself with how much money you save through them (discounts they get and professional services they know). All of my fears and concerns were taken away during the planning process because they delivered amazing results.

My husband told them, "You're her new best friend!" That's how I felt- they were always there for me and made my dreams a reality on the day of my wedding. I WOULD 100% RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE!!

Kate · Married on 05/18/2013

Amie was wonderful!! As the mother of the bride, I only met her a handful of times prior to my daughter's wedding since the wedding was not in our area, but I saw Amie's magic in action on the actual day! She handled everything right down to the finest details so we ALL could completely enjoy the wedding day. In the months prior to the wedding, my daughter always talked about how extremely organized and helpful Amie was, which truly made the planning enjoyable for her. It's incredible how much time, preparation, and coordinating goes into that one day!!
    Any wedding planner can create a spectacular wedding if funds were unlimited, but the key is creating it while working within a budget. Amie listened to my daughter and her fiancé and put the money in the areas important to them. As a bonus, she has a gift of being very artsy and creative so was able to do much of it herself which cut a lot of the "middle man" expenses. In my opinion, that is the key to what separates an exceptional wedding planner from the rest; having the ability to create a couple's spectacular "dream" wedding while staying within their budget. Amie is that exceptional wedding planner and without any hesitation, I would highly recommend her and her team!!!!

• W

Whitney · Married on 10/07/2012

My husband and I really enjoyed working with Elizabeth Grace Occasions during the wedding process. Amie made it seamless, brought great ideas to us, and was professional and responsive throughout everything. Amie is also a warm-hearted person that puts you at ease and demonstrates a true investment in bringing the couples' wishes for their wedding day to fruition. I really appreciated her attention to detail. It was a relief to have Elizabeth Grace Occasions there on the day of the event knowing that they were taking care of every detail so that my husband and I could enjoy the day. It was wonderful to work with Amie and everyone at Elizabeth Grace, and I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat!

Nancy · Married on 10/07/2012

As the Mother of the Bride, I can truly say that Elizabeth Grace Occasions gave all of us the gift of a worry free wedding. Amie offered wonderful suggestions as well as an eye for perfection. Gayle used her creative talents to make our daughter's dreams came true. They kept us on target before the wedding and made sure the wedding day flowed flawlessly. Their expertise was invaluable since the wedding was held in Charleston and our daughter had moved to Boston. Remaining calm and discreet during the event, they guided us through and allowed us to totally enjoy the occasion. I will always think of them with a smile knowing that they were so instrumental in ensuring that our families special day was filled with magical memories. I would highly recommend Elizabeth Grace Occasions for your event.
    Nancy Sousa, Summerville, SC

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2012

We knew we needed help with our daughter's wedding and considered just hiring someone for the day of. So glad that we didn't. Aime and Gayle took care of everything down to the number of forks and napkins we needed. They are creative, professional, and extremely detail oriented. Not to mention beautiful. Best money we spent on our wedding.

Johanna · Married on 05/04/2012

My husband and I didn't have much time to plan our wedding since he was just finishing school (he had his finals the week before) and I'm always super busy with work. Having EGO helping us was a great relief. They took care of everything following our vision for the wedding. I completely trusted on them and my wedding ended up being absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I definitely recommend having a wedding planner and I absolutely recommend hands down EGO for your events.

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2012

If there was a way to give Elizabeth Grace Occasions 10 stars, I would do so! These ladies took my daughter's vision and turned it into a perfect day that we will never forget. From the moment we first met with them, they were attentive, supportive, and so much more. They went above and beyond to bring everything to fruition even in the face of a major thunderstorm that threatened to change all our plans. As the mother of the bride, I am most grateful to them that they took care of all the details on the day of the wedding, and my husband and I were actually able to be a part of the wedding and enjoy the festivities. All the magic happened because of their careful orchestration. I plan to make EGO our first call when the occasion presents itself again!

Anita · event on: 02/22/2013

Amie and Gayle's creativity, dedication, professionalism, and work ethic are simply put, outstanding. It's difficult to find professionals as genuinely kind and interested in one's event than them. Our team has been blessed to work with them 3 years in the planning and execution of one of Charleston's biggest gala events. We wouldn't dream of planning without them by our sides!

Anita · event on: 03/02/2012

What a dynamic team! Couldn't have pulled off An Evening with the Stars without them!

Anita · event on: 03/10/2011

Wow? Who would have guessed the District's first gala event would have been so successful? Not sure how we'd have done it without you, Amie and Gayle! Thanks for everything. We're looking forward to many more events with YOU!

Lori · event on: 02/22/2013

I have had the pleasure of working with Ms. Amie Waldeck and Ms. Gayle Dorsel of Emily Grace Occasions for the past three years with planning and hosting an annual gala for over 600 attendees. They are both extremely professional, creative, detail oriented, and have a relentless work ethic. I would strongly suggest contacting Emily Grace Occasions for any event planning needs!

Drew · event on: 10/14/2012

EGO rocks! They are very professional, timely and highly organized. I would recommend them to anyone and surely use them again in the future!

Lori · event on: 03/09/2012

I couldn't have pulled off this event without Amie! She had great ideas that made the Open house and dedication to the new corporate building a top shelf event!! I felt like Amie cared about my event as much as I did! She was on-site early the day of the Open-House and stayed with me to clean up!

Julia · Married on 05/28/2017

Finding Amie at Elizabeth Grace Occasions was a godsend. We were planning our wedding from two different states outside of SC with extremely busy schedules. Amie took the reigns and helped guide us from wedding planning panic to creating a wonderful wedding. She is very easy-going, does a great job of listening to your ideas and making them reality, has fantastic ideas herself, and is generally a pleasure to work with. Our wedding party and family all commented on how professional and pleasant she was. Amie was there at every step of the way to make sure that our incredible wedding day happened smoothly.