Elizabeth Birdwell Photography Reviews

57 | Tallahassee, FL

57 Reviews for Elizabeth Birdwell Photography

Rachel · Married on 10/27/2017

I met Elizabeth by chance. A chance I am so blessed to have had. I was working at a local boutique and by happenstance she was shopping there. I was assisting her with cute clothing options when we struck up a conversation. After talking about photography, she asked if I would be interested in being in her portfolio. She explained she was a local photographer and gave me her business card. Her work was absolutely stunning. I LOVE taking photos, so the answer was easily a YES! So, from about a 15 minute conversation (that's it), I knew from that moment on Elizabeth and I would be friends. She has a wonderful ability to make you feel like you've known her for years! Our first photo shoot was nothing short of amazing! After that I was hooked. I knew I couldn't and wouldn't have anyone else as my photographer. She's SUPER easy to work with! She puts you into poses seamlessly. She also works with ideas that you may have and brings them to life! The second time I worked with Elizabeth was for our Engagement shoot. No research of local photographers was required. I just knew we had to have Elizabeth. Again, Elizabeth being Elizabeth befriended not only my Fiance and my Aunt, but also our dogs! Yes, Elizabeth is FANTASTIC with dogs too! I don't think there's anything she can't do. My Fiance had never worked with a photographer, let alone Elizabeth. So, that day she made him a believer. A believer in making our photos look like something out of a fairytale. We of course, had to have Elizabeth for our Wedding day! Elizabeth captured so many precious memories of not only us, but of our family and friends. I've had SO many of our family and friends compliment our photos and mention how wonderful Elizabeth is and that she takes amazing photos and that she didn't miss one memory that day. We are so unbelievably thankful to have had Elizabeth capture our special moments on our special day. As our story continues, we look forward to Elizabeth capturing those precious moments.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Why you wanna make me do the ugly cry???!!!!! You are so right, Rachel. That chance meeting was the best. You made my model portfolio shine and we had so much fun together. After those first 15 minutes of meeting, it felt like we were friends for years. I was SO honored to be by your side on your Wedding Day. Your sweet hubby is a rare find and I couldn't have wished for anyone more special than him for you. I know you will have a fabulous life together. I love you MOST for your kind heart (and love for animals lol!), but I REALLY REALLY love you because you LOVE photography JUST AS MUCH AS I DO!!!!!!!!!!! I'll photograph you guys as long as you'll have me! LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!

Laura · Married on 10/21/2017

Elizabeth is such a sweet and kind person and working with her was a blast! She finished our wedding gallery in ONE WEEK! We love her and would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

You are too sweet! Thank you so much! From the moment I met you and Garrett I knew we would be lifelong friends. I'm so very happy for you both and your new life together!!

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2017

Elizabeth was so attentive and offered to help out in any way she could! I didn't even notice her taking pictures during the ceremony. The pictures came out lovely, and she got them back to us so quick. We're very happy with her work :)

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved your Wedding Day - so beautiful and FUN! I wish you and Evan all the best in your future together. Come back to see me soon!

Julie · Married on 05/13/2017

Elizabeth is a truly amazing and incredibly talented photographer. If you are considering having her take your wedding photos, engagement photos, baby photos, ANY photos, seriously do not wait and book her now before someone else does because she is simply the best there is. Both my husband and I are artists in Atlanta and we have the privilege to work around a lot of talented photographers but when it came time to choose someone to photograph our wedding, there was no doubt that Elizabeth was the best choice. Working with her is an absolute joy! She is so fun to be around and puts everyone at ease with her calming demeanor. She is organized and professional, and she gets the most incredible pictures in just a few shots so that you can relax and enjoy the day, all the while knowing that you have the best photographer on your team documenting all of those beautiful details and happy moments that pass so quickly. She loves what she does, and you can tell. Five stars is not enough when it comes to Elizabeth. My husband and I could not be happier with the gorgeous photos that she took of our wedding at Shiloh Farm, and we truly loved working with her. Thank you, Elizabeth!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Julie, your wedding was truly a fairytale from start to finish. The day was just beautiful and full of love with all your family and friends surrounding you. I was extremely honored to be your photographer. Several times I had to wipe away tears from behind the camera. You and Alexi are just a beautiful couple - made for each other. Thank you for trusting me. I know you and Alexi will have a beautiful life together!

(link to Julie & Alexi's blogpost: http://www.elizabethbirdwell.com/julie-alexi-fairytale-shiloh-farm-wedding-tallahasee-wedding-photographer/)

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

Elizabeth was perfect for our special day! She traveled to our wedding in Panama City and provided us with the calm no fuss photography that we wanted for our wedding! She was always available when we wanted to discuss ideas, plans etc and our photos turned out absolutely breathtaking! We would recommend her for ANY of your photography needs as she is the BEST and the SWEETEST to work with!! She is our go-to photographer for family, professional and any special events!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Kathryn · Married on 04/15/2017

Elizabeth is everything you could ask for in a wedding photographer. My (now husband) and I live out of state, and she was always quick and easy to get in touch with. She was incredibly sweet and positive throughout the whole wedding day, everyone instantly felt comfortable around her. We had some issues with the our flowers being delivered late, and she was completely flexible about the scheduled pictures being rearranged. To top it all off, we got all of our wedding pictures within a week of the wedding and I can't stop looking at them. They're stunning.
    Most other wedding photographers were out of our price range, and I'm so glad we were led to Elizabeth because she is worth it! Hire her!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Your Wedding Day was beautiful! Even though I had never met you guys before your big day, I felt like I had known you forever. You welcomed me with big hugs like I was part of the family and that meant so much to me. Thank you for allowing me to be by your side and capture this beautiful occasion. I loved meeting your families as well. Love you both so much!!

Suzanne · Married on 04/08/2017

Elizabeth is amazing! She took such beautiful photos. She made sure she incorporated the ideas we sent her. And made it all about us!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Suzanne! I loved being a part of your wedding day so much. You and your hubby and your families were so welcoming and made me enjoy the day right along with you guys! Such a beautiful couple!!!! Love you guys!!!

Leitta · Married on 03/11/2017

to say that Elizabeth Birdwell is amazing is an understatement! Elizabeth is a pure delight and joy to work with, she listens to what the bride and groom wanted to make sure she captured every moment they wanted. She made suggestions of what she thought would be stunning photographs and they were. As the mother of the bride you want your daughters wedding day to be perfect and hiccup free. Elizabeth was a huge part of our daughters wedding day being hiccup free and we have the most stunning photographs to capture the day forever. We have received compliments from family and friends and friends of friends who have seen them. Elizabeth has a true gift with the camera and it shows in every photo she takes. We could not be more pleased and she will be our family photographer especially when we get to add grandchildren to the mix!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

I'm sending you a big hug right now Leitta! Thank you so much for such sweet words. You and your entire family were just a joy to get to know and work with. Your beautiful daughter was just the sweetest and I know you are thrilled to gain a new son. I loved being a part of their wedding day. Thank you so much for trusting me and choosing me. I hope to see grandkids SOON!! :)

Nicolette · Married on 03/04/2017

Elizabeth was a true find. After many meetings with photographers in Tallahassee she was our first choice, by a long run. The quality of her work far outweighs the cost. Actually, I was shocked she doesn't charge more. She's lovely to be around and her eye for detail is astounding. If you want the best, look no further. Love love love my wedding and boudoir photos.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

What sweet sweet words! You just made my day. You and Matthew were such a joy to be around and I loved having a front row seat to the most memorable day of your lives. Thank you for choosing me. I love you both so much! ❤️

Jasmine · Married on 01/15/2017

Absolutely lovely Elizabeth. My photos from my wedding are stunning and I got them in one week on her website. She was patient with my wedding which was running late and worked amazing with my camera shy husband. I'm not sure what else I can say beside if she is in your budget get her. She was my best vendor at my wedding.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Oh Jasmine! Thank you SO much for your kind words. What a stunning bride you were! You and your handsome hubby are just perfect together and I was so honored to share in your Wedding Day. Love you guys and your families so much!

Maria · Married on 01/07/2017

Elizabeth is not only sweet, but so professional and passionate about what she does!! And it shows in the beautiful pictures and wonderful moments she captured on our wedding day. She offers great customer service and communication! Answered all our questions and offered great suggestions.

We consider her now our friend! We will also be using her for future photographs of our family and special moments. Highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Peggy · Married on 12/31/2016

In April of 2016, we booked a New Years Eve wedding for our daughter at Shiloh Barn and Chapel in Tallahassee. Since we live in Pensacola and our daughter in Tallahassee, our wedding planner, Dent Ward, was kind enough to invite Elizabeth to our first meeting to try and save us time in interviewing several photographers. Dent had worked with Elizabeth many times and thought she would be a good fit. How right she was! From our first meeting, we all felt comfortable with Elizabeth and didn’t even interview anyone else. She was professional yet so personable, very organized and upfront about her fees and what she offered for those costs. She was never hard to reach, always promptly returning texts, emails and phone calls, something that was crucial since I live 3 hours away and couldn’t conveniently meet.
    I can’t say enough about how fantastic Elizabeth was on the wedding day!! She arrived right on time, ready to roll. Not only did she keep 1 bride, 1 groom, 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen and 2 parents of the bride on schedule before the wedding, we all had enough time before the ceremony to actually relax. Things could not have gone smoother. My husband even commented on how “non dramatic” and professional Elizabeth was for the entire event. How many times do you hear that???
    And of course THE PICTURES!!!! From the “first look” to “the details”, to “the ceremony”, to the “last goodbye” I’ve just never seen anything photographed so well. The saying goes that “pictures just don’t do something justice”. I can tell you that is not the case with Elizabeth. We went to such lengths to insure everything was perfect and Elizabeth absolutely captured it perfectly.
    I could go on and on but don’t just take my words for this! Review her work and you will

Sent on 02/15/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Peggy, thank you SO much for your sweet words. . . you sure know how to make a girl feel great!! Your daughter's wedding day was absolutely magical and I was so honored to have a front row seat to it. All the family welcomed me like I was one of the crew and were just a joy to be around. Thank you again - I feel very blessed to have gained many friends from meeting all of you!! Love you guys!

Sweet and very courteous. Beautiful work!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Kayla · Married on 12/03/2016

We have found a photographer and friend for life!! Elizabeth came into the picture after some disappointing results from another photographer. During our first consultation, she was incredibly professional and organized. She went out of her way to address the fears and concerns we had while also making us feel like the only customers in the world. We had so much fun during our engagement session and she captured us exactly how we see ourselves as a couple. Her demeanor is incredibly sweet and caring, which instantly made us feel at ease in front of the camera. She is so humble, but incredibly passionate about her work. Her energy was amazing- it kept us entertained and our hearts smiling for hours. When it came time for the wedding, she showed her excellent eye for the perfect locations while taking the time to ensure each shot was perfect. If she wasn’t already perfect enough, her turnaround time for editing was second to none. We had all of our wedding pictures back before we had the chance to think about them. Choosing Elizabeth was the easiest choice and the best choice we could have made. Even though she lives 3 hours away from us, we will always make the trip to have her capture the special moments in our lives from this point forward.

Sent on 12/15/2016
  • KayteaJ

Katy · Married on 10/22/2016

I knew Elizabeth Birdwell was going to be a joy to work with from the first time I met her at our engagement photo shoot! Her beaming smile and upbeat personality easily put me and my (now) husband completely at ease; which is saying a lot because my fiancé, like many men, was not too gung-ho about spend an hour having to smile. ;) However, she made the process so easy and fun and we really enjoyed ourselves and the photographs came out so beautiful! I think my husband did even better than I did with Elizabeth! She really has a knack for creating the best environment for capturing the love between two individuals.

Elizabeth kept in touch and was readily available for questions in the time between our engagement photos and the wedding. As our big day was approaching, she kept me extra excited by texting me about how excited she was to shoot us and gave me all the information I needed to be prepared. The morning of the wedding, she arrived with a huge smile on her face and really helped contribute to the already wonderful day! She took the most amazing photos that I will forever cherish. Not only that, but we had a really fun time with the photos, starting with getting ready in the morning and ending with jamming out and getting down at the reception! Even though the family and wedding party photos can often take a while when people really want to get to the reception, Elizabeth made the process quick and easy (she had amazing patience with my crazy family!) and all of the photos are perfect! I cannot wait to use Elizabeth in the future and I will HIGHLY recommend her to anyone on the prowl for a *perfect* photographer.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Elizabeth was truly AMAZING! Not only does she taking gorgeous photos, she easily directed us into poses that were natural and comfortable when we normally avoid taking pictures of ourselves. She caught intimate glimpses of us that really showed our love at our wedding. Elizabeth was everywhere and yet never seen. I don't know how she pulled that off, but we are dazzled. And to top it all off, Elizabeth captures the light perfectly for captivating images of people and scenery, no easy feat!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you! Your wedding day was simply magical in every way. Loved seeing your beautiful farm and I was honored to be chosen to share in your Wedding Day. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness! (And Joe has already promised baby sessions in the future lol!!!) Love you guys!

Ashley · Married on 05/28/2016

Words cannot begin to express how much my husband and I love every single picture captured by Beth!!! She is an absolutely amazing photographer, we couldn't be any happier with our decision in making her our personal wedding photographer for the day!!! Thanks so much Beth for making our day even more special with your pictures!!! -Kacy and Ashley

Sent on 07/04/2016

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier for you two! Thank you for trusting me with your photos - I loved sharing your day with you!! Xoxo!!! (Kacy and Ashley's blogpost link here: http://www.elizabethbirdwell.com/kacy-ashleys-tennessee-wedding-destination-wedding-photographer/)

Julie · Married on 04/30/2016

If I'm honest, the wedding pictures made me more anxious than just about any other piece of the matrimonial puzzle.“Really?” you say. “Of all the things that could stress you out at such a hectic time, THIS is what made you sweat? Uh-huh. Yes. It sure did. I’ve just never been comfortable in front of the camera. After all, we’re not just talking about getting cute happy hour snapshots to post on Facebook. We’re talking wedding photos-- print in large format and hang proudly above your mantle kind of thing. Whole other ballpark. But not having photos from our wedding was far more unspeakable a terror to me than having to endure the “smiling” and “cheesing,” so I pressed on. I would have to grin --pun intended-- and bear it.
    After meeting Elizabeth in person and hitting it off, we chose to do engagement shots, and even though I went in a little anxious, she made us feel very comfortable and coached us through every shot. The results were so much better than I’d hoped! Then it was our wedding day. My whole family -- mother, father, sisters, aunts, nieces, kids, grown-ups and everything in between -- all under one roof and it felt so natural having Elizabeth there in the middle of them all. She made sure we got all the photos we wanted and was saintly in her patience with the relatives who weren’t paying attention when it was their turn to smile and cheese. And the photos turned out spectacular. They look like us, but us at our best, which was something that was very important to me. I wanted us to look natural-- to capture who we are together -- and I am happy to say Elizabeth did that for us. She brought out the best in us to the point that this girl who hates looking at pictures of herself had a hard time picking which ones are her favorite!
    It was a great experience, and I wholehearted recommend Elizabeth to anyone looking for a friendly, personable, reassuring, soothing photographer who also happens to be dang good at what she does! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Brittany · Married on 03/26/2016

Elizabeth is one of kind, truly. I knew the instant I saw her pictures, I had to have her capture all my life events, for as long as she held a camera in her hand and snapped pictures. I can't even begin to tell you the overwhelming feeling of not only happiness, but of newfound friendship as soon as I met her. She has a true gift of knowing exactly what someone wants, and knows how to capture it at a level that I have never seen. My engagement photos were just the beginning, and I can never put into words how much those pictures mean to me. My wedding day is in March, and I can't wait to have her be there with me, to capture every moment of the best day of my life, not only as my photographer, but as a friend. Her innovative ideas and the love she pours into her business and the pictures she takes is one in a billion, and I can't imagine having someone else be there to capture these intimate moments other than Elizabeth. She is a blessing to everyone she meets, and has a gift that puts her as a leader among the photography world.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Brittany! I am so over the moon excited to share in your Wedding Day coming up soon! You, Michael and Gunnar will be one VERY photographed family if I have anything to say about it! I've loved getting to know you guys and love it when clients quickly become good friends. You guys are special! Xoxo!!!

FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS! I discovered Elizabeth on weddingwire.com and I am so thankful for it. From the moment I saw Elizabeth's profile, based on her style of photography and beautiful portfolio, I knew I wanted to use her services. This was confirmed the first time I met her; I love Elizabeth's spirit and she is obviously passionate about her work. She took the time to ask thorough questions about what our vision was for our wedding photography and followed up prior to our wedding date to ensure that we would have everything we wanted.

Elizabeth delivered. Our wedding photos are beyond gorgeous and we could not be more pleased with Elizabeth's professionalism, responsiveness, and product. She had such creative ideas for poses and locations for photos and she captured our special day beautifully. Our guests have said that our wedding photos look like something out of a magazine! The "sneak peak" on Facebook was a lovely little gift, too.

I cannot say enough good things about Elizabeth Birdwell Photography. I highly recommend Elizabeth to anyone looking for a top-notch wedding photographer, and I will gladly have her photograph me and my family again in the future!

Sent on 03/30/2016

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

You just put a huge smile on my face Rachic! Thank you so much for the beautiful words. I am SO glad I met you and Tony and am so honored that I was able to witness and capture the most beautiful day of your lives. Your family and friends were so sweet and welcoming to me - I loved getting to know everyone. I am so happy for you both!! Love you guys!

John · Married on 11/14/2015

Not only are her photographs absolutely high quality, she is a sweetheart to work with. She made the wedding day so special for my son and his new wife and their memories thru photographs cannot be topped!!! I give her my highest praise, use her!!!!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you so very much John. I loved meeting you and Beth and your entire family. What a beautiful Wedding Day and I am so honored I was able to share it with your family.

Elizabeth was an awesome photographer!!! She was very easy to work with and had lots of amazing ideas for our shoot. We would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer. We plan on using her for all of our future photography!

Sent on 01/27/2016

Sara · Married on 10/24/2015

Elizabeth photographed my daughter's wedding on Oct. 24, 2015 at Goodwood Museum and Gardens in Tallahassee, FL. She was so professional and flexible, and worked with our bridal party and family so well. We would hire her all over again! Can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks so much Elizabeth!!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your family was a joy to get to know and I loved being a part of your sweet daughter's day!!!

Kristin · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Elizabeth! From the moment we first met her at our engagement shoot, we instantly felt comfortable and at ease. We both consider ourselves to be un-photogenic, but our pictures turned out absolutely amazing. She was full of so many awesome ideas for fun and creative shots that it was easy to just let go and let her do her thing and we're so glad that we did. I've said over and over again that the money we paid Elizabeth for our engagement and wedding photography was the best money that we spent for our wedding. To any bride-to-be looking for an amazing photographer, I highly recommend Elizabeth Birdwell, you'll be so happy that you chose her!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kristin - I loved getting to know you and your sweet hubby Hunter so much. We DID have a blast in the wheat fields with the pups didn't we lol!! That engagement shoot was one VERY fun shoot and your Wedding Day was simply magical. I'm so honored I was able to share it with you. Thank you again for your kind words. Love you guys so much!

Elizabeth was a dream to work with! I contacted her after I received a recommendation from my officiant. This was my second wedding and I was feeling pretty overwhelmed at how much the whole wedding industry had changed since my first time around in the late 80's! Elizabeth was so responsive and helpful. She was prompt and professional on the day of our rehearsal and our wedding. She arrived early on the big day to take lots of pictures of all the special details we had included in our decor, and she stayed until we left that evening! It was raining on the day of my wedding and she put me at ease by telling me that no matter how the weather turned out, the day would be beautiful and so would my pictures! It stopped raining just in time to have our outdoor ceremony. Elizabeth was quiet and efficient, she blended into the background and wasn't a distraction at all, even as she managed to be everywhere she needed to be! My husband and I had dated in high school over 30 years ago and had a very special story to tell. Elizabeth captured us perfectly and managed to make two people who are older and less photogenic than most brides and grooms like we were a gorgeous couple, deeply in love. She was patient and had a great sense of humor! Everyone loved her!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Elizabeth Birdwell Photography's reply:

Wow, what sweet sweet words! This just made my day!! I was so honored to share in your Wedding Day and witness the beautiful love story you two share. And I love remaining friends with you to share in your life together (thank goodness for Facebook lol!). Thank you again for your kind words - you two truly are wonderful together!