Elite Wedding and Event Planning Reviews

14 | Saugerties, NY

14 Reviews for Elite Wedding and Event Planning

• O

Olivia · Married on 07/29/2017

I hired Angela as our month-of wedding coordinator and she was the best wedding decision I made. The day went seamlessly thanks to her incredible attention to detail and her ability to problem solve. It meant that I was able to enjoy my wedding without having to worry, or think about, anything. She was invisible to guests, effortlessly making the day a logistical fairytale. I could not have done it without her.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

It was a pleasure being a part of your vendor team and being able to share in such a special moment in your life. It was truly a beautiful day.

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

We hired Angela for full wedding and design services for a 200-guest wedding in Hudson, NY. It was the best money we spent because none of the rest would have happened without her! My husband and I are both attorneys living in Manhattan, and planning the wedding ourselves would have been very stressful and nearly impossible. We wanted all details and entertainment focused on a stellar guest experience; Angela and her team put everything together and it was amazing! Examples of Elite's amazing services: venue and vendor coordination, site and vendor visits, full design presentation, tent and flooring, menus, welcome dinner, shuttles, managing and arranging all the rentals and decor, hair & makeup trial (Angela came with Prosecco in tow!), flowers, linens, photography, videography, DJ and sound system for ceremony and dinner, photo booth, cigar roller, roaming oyster shuckers, 10-piece band & cocktail pianist, vendor meals, bridal suite, assistants, guestbook & audio guestbook, table layout (venue had booths, round tables, and long tables, both inside and out!), signage and printing, invitation suite, putting together the invites, hanging escort cards, gathering people for photos, creating an entrance with personalized signage, giving me ideas for gown designers, day of timelines, planning checklists, guest bags, creating a MARTINI TOWER!, turning over the courtyard from ceremony to dinner, offering support and encouragement, and making sure this complicated and beautiful wedding went off without a hitch! It was a whirlwind and it never would have happened without Elite in charge. Angela cares about her clients and their events and it shows. Even 4 months later we are still receiving rave reviews and compliments about our wedding (beautiful design and flowers, the extra special touches guests had never seen before, and a lot of "best wedding ever!"). Thank you, Angela, from me, my new husband, and our families!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

We are so honored to have been a part of your celebration. We loved working with you and am so glad to have gotten to know you and your family. It was one of the most memorable weddings we have planned. Thanks for trusting us to make your day special.

Shawn · Married on 10/01/2016

We couldn't be happier that we chose to work with Angela for month-of wedding coordination. Without her, we would have been lost in the final details. The day of our wedding was totally stress free and ran so smoothly. Angela provided a slew of great suggestions and tips to pulling together a wedding in a non-traditional venue. Every detail was thought of and executed to perfection -- we can't thank Angela and her team enough!!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

So happy to have been a part of your special day. Thank you for choosing our services. :)

Danielle · Married on 10/11/2015

Working with Angela was a dream. I was impressed with her ability to go above and beyond, and that was just for day-of services! Any question I had, Angela was there to answer. I have absolutely nothing bad to say, she was incredible.

Sent on 10/06/2016

James · Married on 09/06/2014

We were so happy with our decision to have Angela as our wedding coordinator. Despite distance and a huge separation between myself and my (new) wife and Angela, she left no details out, and had pleasant Skype conversations planning for the big event. She is also extremely proactive, contacting our DJ, venue/caterers, photographer on her own initiative, and made sure everything was straight. On the day of the wedding, her and her team worked tirelessly getting everything ready. Angela and her sister ran rampant during the whole wedding, nearly exhausting themselves to ensure our wedding went perfect. It was an amazing day and was largely because of Elite Wedding and Planning. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Sent on 09/11/2014

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

I enjoyed working with you on making your special day amazing! Your friends and family were a pleasure as well.

Kimberly · Married on 09/06/2014

I cannot speak highly enough of Angela and her services as day-of coordinator. Although at first I questioned whether we would be able to budget for a coordinator, I could not have imagined having my wedding without her! I believe she was essential to making my wedding day a success. From the start, Angela was professional and thorough, consulting with my fiance and I in all matters and serving as a liaison with our other vendors. She made sure that everything was planned to a T and our special day would go off without a hitch.

On the day of the wedding, Angela and our assistant Stephanie worked tirelessly to get everything set up based on my directions. I was amazed by the final results - they took my disorganized pile of decorations and put together everything exactly as I had pictured it would be! She took on all of the logistics of the wedding, leaving me to enjoy my day stress-free. She worked around the challenges my unique venue presented and came up with brilliant solutions at every turn. My other vendors expressed their amazement at how organized and detail-oriented Angela was, and were pleased to have had the opportunity to work with her. Even if you have a small wedding, I highly recommend a skilled day-of coordinator like Angela to take the weight off your shoulders and allow you to focus on your guests and your spouse.

Sent on 09/13/2014

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review and we loved working with you both! I could not have been a more perfect day.

Jennifer · Married on 06/28/2014

I'm so glad I found Angela when I was looking online for a wedding planner in the area. We live in Astoria, Queens and love the Hudson Valley. It was extremely helpful to find someone who knew the area near where we chose to get married at The Katterskill in Catskill, NY. The first time we met her, it felt like we had known her forever. She was super easy to talk to and share our ideas for what we envisioned for our big day. Angela helped us find most of our vendors: the caterer, bakery, florist, photo booth vendor, and the vendor for our vintage props for the beautiful outdoor setting. Just one of our ideas was to have mismatch china for our family style dinner with bright turquoise colored napkins. She helped us find the perfect vendor to select these special pieces. She let us think outside the box! We had so much fun meeting her as a group with my future in-laws on weekends. She joined us for cake tastings and for coffee/lunch meetings to go over our budget. It was always easy to get ahold of her via email or telephone. She had a lot of creative ideas and practical solutions to any questions we had. Our big day was everything we envisioned and more! She was with us the entire day to make sure things ran smoothly. I miss planning the wedding with her, and I would definitely recommend her to anyone out there looking for a unique, personal wedding planner who knows what she's doing.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was such a pleasure getting to you know and Chris. I enjoyed getting to know you both and your families. I wish you many years of happiness.

Katie · Married on 09/28/2013

I was a little more than 5 weeks from my wedding date and in panic mood when I contacted Angela from Elite Wedding and Event Planning to try to get my wedding planning back on track. I had been working with a different planning business and things were not moving smoothly. With 5 weeks until my wedding, Angela was able to negotiate with my already contracted vendors to help decrease costs and get me back on budget. There were also a lot of unfinished details with the vendors that she quickly identified and fixed. She did a fantastic job coordinating with all of the vendors to finalize a wedding day timeline so that everything ran smoothly. The Wednesday before our wedding, the Restaurant we were using for our Rehearsal dinner canceled on us. Angela helped us find another location to hold our 40 person rehearsal dinner, that was cheaper and turned out to be even better then our original location and we had no issues with the New Restaurant. She was there helping me every step of the way. Angela is very detail oriented, easy to work with, and will do everything she can to make sure your day is perfect. She was a life safer and my stress and anxiety about the wedding decreased immensely once I started working with Angela. The wedding day was perfect. Angela kept everyone, including me, on time and I can't thank her enough. I definitely recommend Elite Wedding and Event Planning for any event you are holding. Angela is fantastic.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Katie. You were wonderful to work with and I am honored to have been able to be a part of your special day.

Mandy · Married on 05/11/2013

I can tell you from personal experience that there are a lot of good reasons to have a wedding planner, especially if you have a busy life. I haven’t met many people who don’t have a busy life.
    Some of the reasons are it saves you so much time. Getting access to our wedding planner, Angela got us access to her list of preferred vendors, which was probably the pick of the best choices that were out on the market. Absolutely every vendor that we chose was amazing for our event.
    We saved money. All of the time we would have wasted running around interviewing people we never would’ve hired, saved as money. However, because Angela’s venders worked with her, she made sure that their prices were not too overpriced. So we probably did get the very best deal that was fair for everybody.
    The other reason you hire wedding planner is to figure out all the details, to forget nothing, and most importantly to run the show the day of the wedding. By spending all that time getting to know Rich and myself, Angela understood the whole overall vision we had for the wedding.
    Which unfortunately became the most important reason why one hires a wedding planner for us.
    My mother fell 3 weeks before the wedding and cracked vertebrae in her back. She was going to be fine, but I virtually disappeared off the wedding radar. I think for the last three weeks, I maybe spoke to Angela three times before the rehearsal.
    Angela lovingly took over when I couldn’t. Because she knew so well, what we wanted, she was able to complete all of the rest of the details perfectly. I was allowed the day of my wedding, to love every minute of it, to be completely in the moment. I also knew that I had taken care of my mother. Angela had taken care of one of the largest investments, my husband and I had to date, beautifully. I feel like she took care of us like we were family. We cannot thank her enough.
    And that was worth everything! Mandy and Rich

Sent on 09/24/2014

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

Mandy and Rich, Thank you for the kind words. I enjoyed working with as well as getting to know both of you. It was an honor to share in your wedding celebration. It was such a beautiful ceremony.

Lily · Married on 09/02/2012

I can not say enough about this company. I had no idea how much I needed them. They were there to provide what ever service was needed most of the time I was completely unaware being a bride in the midst of wedding blur. I heard from family members and friends after about the things they did for us after the wedding that made things go smoothly and diverted disasters. They went above and beyond at every turn. If you have any questions about their services ask Angela for my number and I would be happy to tell you about our experience. Lily Neu.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

Lily, It was pleasure working with you and I wish you and Tim much happiness in the future.
  • W

Wellslee · Married on 07/21/2012

Elite Wedding and Event Planning, was fabulous.  I would recommend Angela  as wedding planner for any bride whether you are having a small or large wedding.  What a difference it makes.  Angela has a great personality and will make you feel at ease from your first meeting.  She will take your vision and bring it to life.  And if you are not exactly sure what you need she will give you the greatest suggestions and recommendations. And she has many connections from bakeries to officiants.  She has great advise without being pushy. She really listens to what you want.

Angela was very prepared and professional and she will keep you on your budget.  Budget?? That's what I said at my first meeting. Lol.  But yes you do need one.

What I like most was how well Angela represented me.  She made many appointments, phone calls, and meetings with vendors on my behalf.  She always represented me so well, and negotiated well on my behalf, and stressed the things that were most important to me.

If your a busy bride and I can't imagine that you wouldn't be, Angela makes things so easy by working with your schedule, visiting venues, making calls, and getting lots if things accomplished at every meeting.

Even at the last minute  with major changes in wedding, Angela didn't skip a beat, and handle all details until we got what we wanted.

Of all the wedding planners I could have ended up using for my wedding I'm  so grateful to have had Angela .

Do yourself a favor, do your friends and family a favor and get elite weddings and event planning, to plan your wedding.

From one bride to another I fully recommend her services.

Sent on 07/30/2012

Amy · Married on 09/02/2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about these ladies and all that they did to make the wedding as stress free as possible. Angela was so attentive and organized. She thought of the little details that made such a big difference. From start to finish she was always there. So many of the guests complimented them and their services. She always had a smile and a plan!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Elite Wedding and Event Planning's reply:

What a wonderful review from the daughter of the bride.

Alex · Married on 11/21/2015

We booked Elite for month of planning because we had our own vision and our own vendors, but we didn't want our day to be too hectic. And I'm so glad we did; everything ran incredibly smoothly on our wedding day and it was as stress-free as possible! Additionally, Angela made sure we didn't forget anything and made extremely helpful suggestions when our ideas didn't seem very practical. Our wedding was amazing, memorable, and fun and we would not have been able to create such a wonderful event without Elite's extremely capable assistance.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Angela was a pleasure working with. We kept in touch through email and did a few face time calls as the time went by. We went with her vendors for all of my wedding rentals (Tables, Chairs, Tents etc). A day before my actual wedding there was a crazy storm which blew away all of my tents. These tents were so big and pretty expensive, I couldn't believe what just happened. I called her in a panic and she came right down, called up the company & rearranged them to come out and fix this massive problem.

The guy that came from the rental company was a bit rude, however Angela did put him in his place about the situation & got down to business. The problem was fixed making my special day a success. She's really good at what she does. I would suggest hiring her for your full wedding, I believe we only hired her 3 months before. Which is helpful because she will remind you of everything you need. She did come with an assistant.

Sent on 09/09/2015