Elite Events Entertainment Reviews

24 | Locust Grove, GA

24 Reviews for Elite Events Entertainment

24 Elite Events Entertainment Reviews

Hannah · Married on 04/07/2018

Dj frosty did a excellent job at our wedding!! He is reasonable with pricing and right on schedule! Even though it rained the beginning of the day he worked with it and kept the crowd happy!! I would recommend him for any event!

Tonya · Married on 05/20/2017

Love how he helped me by organizing music I gave him and played every song right on key. Will definitely be using him again.

Danielle · Married on 04/24/2016

Doug was the perfect choice to DJ our wedding! His prices are great, he's super easy to talk to and he wants what you want. Me and my husband had a 70s vibe to our wedding so the music was very important, and Doug did great with playing the songs we requested and adding his own that fit perfectly. He has a good eye for feeling out the crowd, as we had a smaller wedding and lots of people weren't around the dance floor at all times, but he knew how to draw them in for some really special and fun moments. He did awesome and I would definitely recommend.

Katrina · Married on 09/25/2015

My husband and I basically fell in love over our sweet dancing skills (haha!) so it was really important that we had an awesome mix of music on our wedding day. From our first consultation, we knew that Doug felt the vibe we wanted to give off at our wedding. My family is Filipino/American, and my husband’s family is Mexican, so we had a wide variety of music that everyone wanted to hear. The DJ website was perfect, and we were able to find almost all the songs on our list. Doug was also very open to doing something unique for my processional song. One of the most important things for me was to walk down the aisle to a song that a good friend played via YouTube. Doug grabbed it from the website, turned it into an mp3, and I had tears of complete joy listening to it as I walked down the aisle. For any other songs that he didn’t have, we were able add them to list, and he downloaded them and played them! It really meant so much to my husband’s family to hear all their favorite traditional Mexican songs. We had a mix of 90’s hip hop, oldies, jazz, latin music, and today’s hits... and I when he played House of Pain - “Jump Around” I thought the whole building was going to collapse because the entire party was on the floor jumping up and down! My husband and I can be pretty goofy too, and we wanted to have a lot of fun during our wedding. Doug completely delivered. He kept the guests entertained (I heard cheering while we were taking pictures!) and he kept the party movin’ and groovin’. The garter toss was EPIC, and that’s putting it lightly… we did the garter gag, and pulled it off without a hitch! Funniest thing all night! Also pulled off a sweet Soul Train and rocked out to “The Final Countdown” at the end of the night, which was one of my favorite parts of the whole wedding. Needless to say, it was the best day ever. We couldn’t have pulled it all off without you, Doug. Thanks so much for rocking out such a fun wedding. So if you’re looking to have an AWESOME wedding

Brittany · Married on 07/11/2015

Doug DJ'd our wedding for us, and honestly the day would not have gone as smoothly as it did without him. He made sure he knew what we wanted before-hand and he helped make our big day stress free! He worked with us before the wedding and walked us through the day step by step, which helped us tremendously in our planning. The setup and dance floor looked amazing. If you need a DJ, you need Doug!

Crystal · Married on 12/31/2014

D.R.E provided excellent service for our big day. Doug was very attentive to our specific needs/wants. We were so impressed with him that we are using him for my daughter's Sweet 16.

Andrew · Married on 10/30/2014

Doug made our wedding even better than it was. He helped us plan and coordinate certain portions and was very flexible with changes we requested. He even had almost everyone up and dancing during the reception. Highly recommended!

Erin · Married on 10/18/2014

Doug was very flexible and willing to help with my complicated requests. He was also a guide to how the reception should flow.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Erin, thank you so much for your review. I know that we were booked last minute (in terms of wedding planning) and the venue was brand new but overall I think everything was AWESOME! Beautiful day, beautiful wedding, and great wedding. Congratulations again and once again, thank you!

Brenda · Married on 10/04/2014

Doug is great. This was the second wedding he has done for us and we booked the third before he finished this one. As mother of the bride it is a blessing to tell him what we want and then just let him do his job. No worries !!!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Brenda, Thank you so much for your continued business. It truly means so much to me that you guys have entrusted me with not only one, but now about to be THREE of your weddings. I know a wedding is such a huge deal in people's lives and it means so much to me that you guys would have me a part of them.

Dawn · Married on 09/20/2014

Doug was amazing from consultation all the way through the event. We met in person twice (once at the venue that was at least a 50 mile drive for Doug) to plan the event and also had multiple phone conversations. He did a great job at calming my nerves through the whole process. I would highly recommend Doug for any event, and will definitely use him again if I need a DJ in the future.

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Dawn, Thank you and Willie again so much for having me to be your DJ for your most special day. A wedding is something that truly is one of life's most amazing moments not only between the couple, but their two families as well. And to know that you guys entrusted me, means so much. Thank you!!!!!

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2014

Doug was such a great DJ. Kept all guest involved, very funny and friendly, does exactly what you ask for. He also helps out with other task that is outside of his job title like assist with wedding details.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your kind words and your trust in me as your DJ! I feel that it is my duty to give the absolute best in every situation, but weddings especially, are where I feel that the trust that is put into us as the entertainment and direction, requires the absolute best, and that is what I strive for. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do that for you guys!

Alyssa · Married on 08/02/2014

He was very helpful and went over the top to make our day special. His experience helped guide us in conducting our wedding !

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Alyssa, thank you so much for allowing me to take part in your most special day. I am so thankful for clients like you guys that keep me busy and allow me to be a part of their lives even if for the couple of ours we meet beforehand in consuktations and then again on that special day when you say that "I Do's"

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2014

My husband, Derrick, and I have known Doug for many years now and have seen many of his shows, so we were very excited that he was able to be the DJ for our wedding. He did not disappoint!! Doug is professional, punctual, and took care of everything we wanted for our wedding day. We wouldn't have had anyone else DJ our big day and we will continue to request his services for future events - and also continue to recommend him and D.R.E. Promotions to all of our friends and family!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Ashley, thank you so much for your review. I know that we have known each other for a long time now, and I know Derrick had a DJ in his family that could have been asked and could have been told on how to perform the actual wedding as he does mostly club and performer productions. But to know that you guys asked me means so much. Thank you for your review and your friendship. I know this is a professional website but you guys mean so much to me and to know that you trusted me with your special day truly really honestly means more than you know.

Morgan · Married on 04/19/2014

Doug Sheets did such an amazing job at our wedding! He was entertaining, and kept things rolling so we could get to the fun part....DANCING! Prior to the wedding, he was so easy to work with, and has a great website where you can build a playlist! He definitely brought the wedding to life!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Morgan. Thank you so much for your review and kind words. A wedding is something I truly love to be a part of and when the client is someone like you and Michael, the job is a joy and why I am still in this business after almost 18 years. You guys made my job easy and that is something not every DJ can say. So thank you for being great clients!

Bonnie · Married on 07/06/2013

I have had D.R.E Promotions do not only my wedding, but my sisters 16 birthday and a 50th birthday party. I loved everything about Doug and his company! I cant wait for the next event to work with him again.

Sent on 02/16/2015

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Bonnie, Thank you so much for your kind words and for entrusting with several of your events including YOUR Special day! It really does men so much to us DJ's when we earn the trust of a client and then go on to be booked for other events through them or for them. Whenever you are ready for the next one, let me know and I will get the girl's David Bowie cued up!!!!

Mary · Married on 03/03/2012

Doug Sheets is an amazing DJ.
    He is more than willing to accommodate any musical taste, no matter how odd the requests seem. He truly made our day special.
    I knew from day 1 that Doug was nothing but the ultimate professional willing to do anything he could to make my wedding day stand out. He was able to truly grasp my tastes and make instinctive calls on what to play based on knowing our style.
    I have heard rave reviews from our wedding and I truly believe most of the praise should go to Doug.

I live in Savannah and Doug was willing to travel from Atlanta to be there with no hesitation. If you are looking for a quality DJ and entertainer in the Georgia area, please do not hesitate to contact D.R.E Promotions.

Sent on 03/13/2012

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Katie, I can honestly say that your wedding was one of the most memorable events I have ever done in my career. From the twenties themed cocktail hour second set-up downstairs to the amazing party upstairs. you guys danced to EVERYTHING!!! And I mean there wasn't anything you guys didn't dance to. Thank you so much for your review and kind words. Like the other folks that have left reviews on this page, it is because of client friends like you and Nate that have made my job as a DJ enjoyable after such a long time in this business and why I still do what I do! THANK YOU!!!!! It was great seeing you guys at Kaila and Ricky's wedding!!!!
  • Mandee

Mandee · Married on 12/31/2011

Doug is such an amazing DJ! I could not have asked for a better DJ, the music, games and total package! This man knows his weddings!!! :)

Sent on 01/31/2012

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Mandee I can say that a wedding on New Years left me doubtful at first that it would be a success. I thought quick wedding, over and done, everyone would be out to go and celebrate the New Year, BUT, was I wrong! You guys were such an amazing crowd to DJ for. Not only that but you guys have become such good friends that it was an honor to be a part of your special day. Thank you for your review!

Thank you Doug!

We had a great time at the wedding and so did all of our guest. Doug keeps everyone involved and really keeps people entertained. He was always willing to help with other aspects of the wedding and give feedback about ways to make them great. Doug became the family DJ after hosting at 3 weddings within the family. We are all of out weddings in the family now, but have and will continue recommending for friends in the future!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! It is hard not to get attached to a client, but after you do 3 weddings or events with the same family it is impossible not to become attached!!!! I continue to DJ because of my people that entrust me with not only one event, but call me time and again. I will always do everything I can for my special clients;) Thank you for your awesome review!!!!

Amanda · Married on 04/24/2010

Had a great wedding and reception thanks to my wonderful DJ!! I loved being able to "red flag" specific songs I did not want played and "green light" those I absolutely had to hear! To this day my guests are still raving about how much fun our wedding was!

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for your review. I try to go above and beyond in any and every situation in this industry. When I have clients like you guys, it makes it even more important to me to give my absolute best. It is because of clients like y'all that I do what I do and why I continue even after a not so great event when circumstances out of my control cause hiccups or issues on the day of, even when it has nothing to do with my services. Thank you so much for your review!

Laura · event on: 11/09/2013

Doug DJ'd my 50th birthday party, and he rocked the house!

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much!!! The birthday was an absolute blast, if not a tad cold!!! But it was so much fun. Thank you again for having me!

Tracy · event on: 04/28/2014

I had a last minute cancellation for a bridal show I was hosting, and I called on Doug based on mutual friends good word. He was there without hesitation and did a great job! In fact, SUCH a good job, he booked a couple on the spot ;)

Sent on 10/21/2014

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

Tracy, thank you so much! It means a lot to me that you left this review. I have a profound respect for what you and Mark do. I would highly recommend without hesitation or concern about the performance of what you guys do to anyone who is looking for ANY photography of any type. Once again, thank you so much!

Mark · Married on 06/10/2016

The best DJ that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Doug Sheets is at the top of his game in the services he and his staff provides but even more importantly, he is a great person to do business with. He is easy to talk to, exceptionally knowledgeable of his craft, reasonably priced and is full of ideas.
    Doug has state of the art technology in all of his equipment and provided us with the reception entertainment, a lapel mic for our officiant, wireless speakers for our ceremony outside, up lighting and a photo booth that is amazing. As an MC he is top notch. Overall I can't recommend Elite Events Atlanta and Doug Sheets highly enough. He was an integral part of making our wedding magical and we can't thank him enough for his professionalism and kindness.
    Mark Vickers

2.6
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Doug is a very nice guy and I can tell enjoys what he does. His website was very helpful, but there were a few bumps in our road. I understand this is not his only job, but when you commit to a 20-minute phone call regarding planning, I believe you need to be there 100% and not put us on hold several times to take care of other things. The next hiccup was when he planned a meeting with our venue on a Sunday and did not show up due to traffic. I felt bad for our venue coordinator who took time out of her weekend to meet with him only to be stood up. Finally, the day-of the wedding he interrupted our first meal together to go over pronunciations of our bridal party names which we had gone over in-detail before our wedding. Next, he called out the groom and his mother for their first dance and played the song for the bride/dad, so my dad and I had to run out and start dancing without being introduced. The rest of the night went OK except for the fact that he talked through our cake-tasting. We chose Doug mainly based on his prices, but I wish we would have spent our money somewhere else.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Elite Events Entertainment's reply:

I completely understand the issues regarding the pronunciations during your dinner, and also for the issue with the father daughter dance. I had apologized multiple times that evening and still feel terrible about that. As for the cake cutting, I was under the impression (obviously mistaken on my part) that you guys wanted me to be entertaining and outgoing. I do apologize and will take your review and make sure with future clients on how they want me to present the cake cutting. As for traffic for the meeting with the planner, I could not help that traffic was as bad as it was that afternoon. If anyone has traveled north through Henry County on the weekends, you know how bad it can be and that day was especially bad. I did say that I would still continue but the planner had said that by the time I would be there it would be late. I left the decision up to her. But there is never an excuse for a missed appointment. I thought I left early enough for the meeting. Thank you so much for taking the time to consider your review and for leaving the feedback that you did. I never want to be responsible for a bad experience, especially for a wedding. As you guys can see, I have all 5 stars for a reason. I do take weddings very seriously and I will continue to do so. As mentioned above, I will take your review and consider ways to improve myself and my service.