Elite Entertainment Reviews

121 | San Jose, CA

121 Reviews for Elite Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

melissa · Married on 06/26/2010

We hired DJ Robey for our June wedding. We interviewed several DJ's, but once we met Robey, we knew he was the one for us!!!! Not only did we love him, but all our guests loved him as well. DJ Robey will not only get the party started and keep the party partying, but he will also make sure the night runs smoothly, so you and yours can enjoy the evening! DJ Robey is a true professional and an awesome DJ. DJ Robey of Elite Entertainment----Highly Recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Alexandra · Married on 10/04/2009

As part of our package at Freedom Hall & Gardens in Santa Clara, CA, we had the privilege of having DJ Ross as our DJ for our wedding on October 4, 2009. Prior to the wedding, Ross called to discuss everything we wanted, type of music, favorite songs etc and I got the feeling he was very prepared, organized, thorough and had alot of experience doing this before which was a relief.

The day of the wedding he was there promptly for the ceremony in the garden and then everythiing was transferred inside for the reception all very seamlessly. Ross has a great DJ and emcee voice, he pronounced everyone's name correctly for the wedding party, played great songs and knew that based on my email address that I was a Pet Shop Boys fan and he played their song as a tribute! he was a blast, did a great job and was so professional that I would definitely recommend him and Elite Entertainment for your DJ needs.

Sent on 02/03/2010
  • marym

Mary · Married on 09/06/2009

Turner did a great job! We were stranded looking for a DJ just weeks before our wedding and Turner saved us! He met with me to discuss what we did and didn't want and gave us just that! I was nervous about getting someone who played what they wanted instead of what we wanted, but every song Turner played was one that we asked for! He also was great about making sure we had everything we needed and kept us on track with our timeline! He also gave us a great little gift that we will always cherish! Thanks again!!!

Sent on 09/16/2009

Andrea · Married on 08/21/2009

This DJ works with the Freedom Hall & Gardens, which was the venue I used for wedding site. The DJ price is included in their pricing, which I why I don't know how much they actually cost.

My DJ was amazing. A really great, super nice, flexible, accommodating guy. They sent the song list well in advance, and I was able to fill it out and return it through email (I could've also sent it through mail or fax). I got a call a week or so beforehand from the DJ who went over the whole shebang with me, and made some great recommendations. He doublechecked everything, including name pronunciation (hard with the groom's side being Russian), and was even willing to add some last minute changes from other people from the wedding party (they surprised us with some Jewish traditional chair lifting and hava nagila dancing). Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend them!! A+ :)

Sent on 09/15/2009

Jayme · Married on 08/08/2009

My husband and I want to thank DJ Robey for the amazing job he did at our August 8, 2009 wedding at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Burlingame! His performance blew us and our entire families away!

We received so many compliments about how great DJ Robey was during the reception! In fact, we still hear compliments to this day about how he had the perfect voice for a DJ, played great music, and how he made the reception party run so smoothly.

We knew from our first initial meeting that we had to have Robey for our DJ at our wedding. He made us feel comfortable, listened to our wants, and offered many suggestions.

If there is any couple looking into Elite Entertainment and DJ Robey to be their DJ at their wedding, believe us, you will not find any other DJ that can match DJ Robey! Robey was very professional, played amazing music that kept everyone on the dance floor throughout the night, and was very comical as well. DJ Robey will make your wedding reception that much better!!

We've been to two weddings since ours, and we realized how lucky we were to have Robey as our DJ instead of them. There was a night and day difference between DJ Robey and those other DJ's. Couples don't waste your money on cheap DJ's, because it makes the reception party feel cheap. Go with the best, and go with Elite Entertainment and DJ Robey.

That's again Robey for everything, you exceeded our expectations on our big day!!!

Sent on 10/13/2009

enomiyama · Married on 05/31/2009

I've been planning my wedding from across the country, so a lot of it has been done over the phone and email. The first and only DJ we talked with was Turner Hayes from Elite Entertainment and we were quite impressed. We talked with him over the phone. My fiance was unsure of why it would cost over a thousand dollars for a DJ, but he said after talking with him he was much more comfortable paying that much (which I assured him was a pretty average rate). The DJ explained everything he would do throughout the day and gave examples of how he might say various things (e.g. introductions, toasts, telling guests whether or not they can take home centerpieces, etc.) He had a sense of humor, which I think is what won my fiance over. But at the same time he was quite professional. He was comprehensive in the questions he asked about what kind of music we do and do not want and gave us many things to think about. He also responded promptly to my emails, which may be a small factor, but is always appreciated. We had another DJ we were planning on calling afterward, but decided to just go ahead with Elite Entertainment.

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • F

Felicia · Married on 05/24/2009

Elite Entertainment DJ Robey was great! He was extremeley professional and kept the party and day moving. He worked with all of my vendors and my officiant to make certain that things were corrdinated. This meant that the photographer was always where she needed to be as the events moved seemlessly through the night. I had special grand entrance music played and he timed it perfectly to create the level of excitement that I wanted. I highly recommend Elite Entertainment.

Sent on 06/09/2009
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 04/04/2009

Turner Hayes from Elite Entertainment was the "bomb"!!! Turner was very professional and guided us every step of the way from choosing our music down to coordinating the reception events. If you're unsure about the songs or announcements during the reception, Turner definitely help in suggesting something that will cater to your needs.

Our wedding was on April 4, 2009, while planning our wedding, he was very responsive via e-mail, easy to work with, and fun to talk to. Turner worked with us to personalize our wedding entertainment and gave us lots of good suggestions. He had a large selection of music, and also played all of our special requests.

He helped me to surprise my husband and our guests by playing different song at our first dance for 2 minutes while I gave my husband a lap dance. My husband didn't know anything...!!!... It was really fun and everyone was surprised and they loved it. Thanks for everything...We will hire you again for our One Year Anniversary Party..

Sent on 04/28/2009

Elite Entertainment's reply:

Michael and Mimi were a truly wonderful couple to work with. I'm glad I was able to add some personality to their wedding and make it extra special for them. I appreciate the opportunity I was given to help enhance their wedding, and this review is the best reward anyone could ask for. Thank you for including me on your special day.
    ~DJ Turner

Hea Jin · Married on 02/14/2009

The DJ was awesome!! Alot of fun and played all the songs I asked for. He did a great job entertaining our guests and ourselves! The DJ made us feel relaxed and was a great communicator.

Sent on 11/17/2009

Bomi · Married on 11/18/2008

Elite Entertainment did a great job even before our wedding even before our wedding date. They had us fill out a questionaire to make sure our schedule went smoothly and had the type of music we wanted. Our DJ had a great energy and attitude at the wedding and helped to make it a wonderful day.

Sent on 01/06/2009

Tina · Married on 11/15/2008

Turner executed everything just as we asked. The wedding flowed flawlessly and the dance floor was always packed. If we were to do it over we would hire him again.

Sent on 11/25/2008

Jerri · Married on 11/01/2008

Elite Entertainment is simply the best! Robbie did an awesome job DJing our wedding, we would recommend them/him to everyone getting married! We actually didn't have to pay anything because the DJ cost was included in our reception venue fee with the Freedom Hall & Gardens.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Danae · Married on 08/17/2008

Elite did a wonderful job at our wedding. They were very flexible. Our DJ called us the week before to go over everything and gave me his personal cell phone number and allowed me to call him up to the night before to change a song. He also did our music during our ceremony and was wonderful.

Sent on 08/15/2009

Laura · Married on 07/19/2008

The DJ came highly recommened to me. We went in and sat down with them and decided that we would use them. Everything turned out really great. They played the songs we wanted. When we were unsure of songs to use, they gave us alist of suggestions and also did a great job of selecting songs on the spot with our approval.

The DJ came dressed very professionally and did not distract from the event. I high recommend Elite Entertainment.

Sent on 10/26/2008

Kristen · Married on 07/12/2008

Positives: Vic is very professional. Really gets to know his client and the music they enjoy. Great personality…did an excellent job the day of our wedding. Certified wedding coordinator so he really knows the format of the wedding and can guide everyone through the night. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Negatives: NONE!

Sent on 09/11/2008

Cristina · Married on 07/12/2008

Working with Elite was very easy and our DJ, Efron was the BEST!! Our guests raved at how fun our wedding was and how they danced the whole time. I don't think I left the dance floor for over 2 minutes because the songs just kept pulling me back! Elite and Efron were truly exceptional and I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/04/2008

Diana · Married on 12/31/2007

Working with Elite Entertainment was a breeze! They were very professional and so easy to work with. I had Robby as my DJ and he did a fantastic job! Great energy and great voice. He was actually sick at our wedding and NO ONE would have even known because he kept the party moving. He followed our music choices closely and had some great suggestions when we were clueless. They were also able to provide us a second speaker set-up in the cocktail area for music and for a movie we played. He was professional to work with and I would recommend the company for your next event.

Sent on 08/12/2008

Katie · Married on 11/17/2007

Ross was great! He's very friendly and professional. Even though I had an older crowd and it was like pulling teeth to get them on the dance floor, Ross was able to motivate and get some people on the floor. The music was great and he even made a cd for us with the main songs played (entrance song, first dance, cake cutting, ect.). I would highly recommend Elite to anyone...ask for Ross.

Sent on 01/05/2008

Emily · Married on 11/10/2007

DJ Ross of Elite Entertainment DJed our wedding, and I highly recommend him! Elite Entertainment was very reasonably priced and Ross worked with us to find the perfect wedding music. The forms they ask you to fill out help you to figure out what kind of music you want to play...even if you aren't sure. Ross directed our wedding expertly and without being that loud DJ guy. Every song he played was great and by the end of the night he had EVERYONE dancing.

Sent on 12/18/2008

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2007

Everything turned out excellent!

Sent on 05/29/2008

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2007

Our DJ Paul Brigg was absolutely amazing! He was the best DJ I've seen and played all the right music. He set up a meeting with us ahead of time to talk about what we were looking for during the ceremony, during cocktail hour, dinner and for dancing and did a perfect job blending it all together! Everyone complemented our selection and was dancing all night long! The company was very organized, always kept in touch and were very professional.

Sent on 03/17/2008

Seila · Married on 08/29/2015

WOW!! Definitely one of our top vendors for our wedding. From the first time I talked to them on the phone and throughout the process, Elite Entertainment was very easy to work with and professional. We worked with Turner to get all our initial questions answered and then Tony was our actual DJ whom we planned our actual event with. Throughout the process, we were able to add uplights, get a couple of projectors and screens for our slideshow, and get 4 stations set up for the different parts of our wedding and Elite did it all.

I couldn't recommend them any more. The day of the event went smooth without a hitch. They even helped us run an instagram slideshow and Tony came in looking smooth and professional looking. He got the dance floor jumpin and all the guests had a great time. Thank you so much to Tony, Turner, Kevin and everyone else who helped make our wedding a HUGE success.

Sent on 08/31/2015
  • I

Iris · Married on 06/13/2015

While planning for our wedding, we had some fears for our reception – we had planned for a more relaxed feel for our big day, and therefore had removed the dance portion for some trivia games and activities. We were worried, however, of the evening being too quiet and we wanted a DJ that would be both able to keep up an energetic atmosphere as well as understand our vision.

Tony proved to be our perfect fit for the evening. Even though we didn’t really have all that clear a vision during our first sit-down with him, his desire to understand and support our goals really stood out through his questions. During the day of, he proved a godsend –not only did he keep up a good mix of songs that perfectly matched our requests and the atmosphere (one of the guests pulled me aside to say that the mix fit him perfectly!), but he also set a bright and cheery mood throughout the evening as the MC. Not only that, but he also took the time to fully understand our specific trivia games (despite their overcomplicated twists) and got totally behind the idea – I remember looking over once while he was scoring the trivia sheets from each table, and he looked the exact picture of the college professor pouring over problem sets.

We did have a few mixups on the communication front -- we were told to contact Kevin, but weren't sure if he succeeded in passing along the information needed and were a bit late getting everything finalized as a result -- but I’m really happy to have Tony DJ our big day, and would recommend him highly to anyone else!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Katrina · Married on 04/19/2015

Kevin was amazing! Kevin kept the party going all evening! People I have never seen dancing were on the dance floor all evening! He was responsive to the crowd, our requests and the timing! I highly recommend Kevin!

Sent on 05/17/2015

DJ Paul was awesome. He interacted with our guests young and old and everyone had a good time. Our helpers said he went out of his way to help them while they were setting up the banquet room. Their mantra of "More than just a DJ" couldn't be more true. If we could, we'd rate DJ Paul and Elite Entertainment 12 stars out of 5.

Sent on 10/28/2014