Elite Catering Reviews

Elite Catering 3
Elite Catering 4

Mariah · Married on 10/10/2015

3.0

We chose Elite Catering because of their contract with the Packard Museum, but I'm so glad we did. I feel like they have everything under control and the weddings have all turned out beautifully. The staff was very helpful and Luanne (as busy as she is!) always tried to return our e-mails in a timely fashion. She was wonderful at helping us make decisions and set up our big day!

Sent on 11/13/2014

3.0

We used Elite Catering for our wedding reception. Elite had creative, delicious menus and was able to make adjustments to fit our budget. The service staff at the reception were friendly and attentive and went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied with our appetizers and meal. We had a few delays in email communication and were kept waiting for in-person appointments but once we were able to talk to Renee we were very pleased with her professional, creative, and positive enthusiasm for our event. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/30/2013
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/06/2011

2.0

Elite was great! They saw my vision and kept it the main concern. I started planning with them a year before my wedding and I chose them because they didn’t feel like “Dayton Ohio.” The presentation of the food was gorgeous and it tasted great too! There were a few things I specifically requested that were missed come wedding day but nothing worth sweating over. I wanted something totally different and they delivered. Emails can take some time to be replied and I had a flower meeting (because they also do flowers) with them too which was brushed under the rug and I never heard anything back from. That was a hour meeting wasted. But over all- great service, great food, pricey though, and super presentation.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Semico · Married on 05/07/2016

3.8
      2.5

First and foremost I will say the food itself is wonderful! The food portions are amazing, we had over 250 guest and we had plenty of food to serve the next day for out town guest, family and friends...because of the food left over the wedding carried on the day after! =) Any who, the quality of service I feel is great, however there were moments where I felt as though they were not to professional when it came to working together as a team. One to many times I was told different things from different individuals. I would be assigned to one person after another which made it difficult because it seems that I had to continue to repeat our menu request. The very first lady we dealt with, she was amazing. I'm not sure what happened to her, but she made us feel comfortable. Needless to say the day of my wedding everything literally ran behind because Elite Catering was in contract with our reception vendor and they were responsible for opening up the venue to allow my wedding planner to get in and they were over an hour late. When they finally allowed my wedding planner to enter, I found myself (the bride) transporting things to the reception hall because delivery companies had to drop things off at my home because the venue accessible. From that point on my day was rushed...I missed out on photos with my bride maids & MOH's because of Elite. Oh well, it is what it is...once at the reception I can say Elite Catering definitely did an amazing job, my set up was nice. I had so many compliments on the food of choice. They even through in some extra décor to add to my Fairytale Wedding. I would recommend this company to the any future Mr. & Mrs. I would just tell them to do like I did and document everything when speaking with them, this way if any thing comes up you have documentation of your own. I hope this helps...

Sent on 05/09/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/11/2013

3.2
      2.0

My husband and I were very excited about using Elite Catering as our caterer for our wedding. We had been to a friend's wedding previously who used them and the food was wonderful. Working with Elite Catering was not stressful; they were very accommodating and professional. The service at our wedding was exceptional; the ladies were very kind and helpful. Sadly enough, the only food that didn't turn out how we expected was mine and my husband's. The guests had great food, and everything was exactly what we ordered. Unfortunately, my husband and I ended up with the wrong entree for dinner. We had placed a special-order for Potato Crusted Mahi Mahi and we ended up getting a tough piece of crusted sea bass or something funky; nevertheless, not what we had at our taste test at all! We couldn't eat it. My husband and I were disappointed that we ended up with the worst dinner at our own wedding. Needless to say, if our dinner would have been right we would have given Elite Catering an exceptional 5 star rating.

Sent on 01/21/2014

3.0

On the wedding day, the Event Manager introduced herself and told us that if we needed anything to come to her. Some of our guests had food allergies and were vegetarians, Elite was accommodating and the Event Manager passed out those plates to the specific individuals. After dinner, we didn't see her again. Our DJ announced our cake cutting and no one from Elite was around. We cut our cake and then my husband had to go search for someone to start cutting the cake for our guests. He could not find our Event Manager and it took several minutes to find a representative from Elite. (Per our contract Elite was to provide professional cake cutting.) It was brought to my attention a little later in the night that the server allowed children to cut and serve the cake to our guests. And by cut, I mean the children were grabbing handfuls of cake and smashing them unto plates. I went up the cake table and the cake was a disaster. The cake my guests were to eat did not even look like cake! When I confronted on of the servers she told me "it's OK, I made them wear gloves". This was completely unacceptable.

Several other instances occurred that evening. Servers were rude to guests that went up to get second plates. There was not enough food put out for hors d'oeuvre, dinner, or the pretzel bar. The plates used for dinner were lunch sized portions, which are smaller than dinner plates. Drinks were being removed from tables too quickly, forcing our guests to return to the bar more often.

We obviously were very disappointed in the service Elite provided and contacted Renee the day following our wedding. We explained the situation and our frustration. Renee was very professional and apologized for the service we received.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the quality of the food. Everything was delicious. But the service that we received was unacceptable. We appreciate Renee speaking with us and taking the time to try and make the situation right.

Sent on 11/20/2013

Elite Catering's reply:

Jason, we are so sorry that you had this experience. Unfortunately the Event Manager for the evening fell ill during the set up of the event and pushed through dinner service to make sure everything went on without a hitch. She did leave immediately following dinner service and had the Banquet Captain (with the company for over 6 years) take over. This is the only instance we can remember that a team leader has had to leave an event for any reason.

In a conversation with the groom a few days after the wedding, he too acknowledged that the Banquet Captain had done all she could to corral the unsupervised children away from the cake and when they continued to return time and time again (after the cake had been cut and served), she did let them to put on gloves and put the "fallen apart" pieces on plates for themselves only. No guests were served by the children. We also have changed our policy and do not allow clients to order food for less than the guest count, as to not embarrass them or us.
  • User4720183 · 2+ years ago

2.5

Elite was very difficult to work with. As the bride, and main planner of our wedding, when I would send an email to our contact, I would not receive a response for three weeks. Sometimes I would never receive a response and would have to call and leave a message. They were rigid in their willingness to work with our ideas and sometimes rude in their delivery of service. I felt like there were hidden fees and underhanded tactics to ultimately change our vision to their vision. It was a very frustrating experience. Their only saving grace was the director of catering at our venue. She was amazing, friendly, and kind. I loved working with her and her staff-- plus the food was very good.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Elite Catering's reply:

Laura, I am so glad that you were happy with the food and staff at your event! That is always our first priority and what the entire team works so hard to produce for each client! I apologize that our communication was a little slow at times. We now have someone sitting in the office daily to answer the phones since our team is often on-site producing events. We really don't get to sit at a computer/phone as much as we like or need :-).
    We strive to understand each client’s vision and work with them to make it come to life. Sometimes when we are exploring or working through the client’s vision, we do speak up if it is something we have seen be un-successful in the past. We try to guide our client’s on logistical items since we are familiar with venue and guests needs at an event. And when a client has requests/needs that are outside of a typical event, we sometimes need to create a fee to accommodate the true staffing requirements to make it seamless for the guests.
    We are heartbroken to learn that you felt the planning process was difficult and are truly sorry that we did not connect the way you wanted. However, we are so glad that you were happy with the end result.

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2011

2.0

Although the set up and decoration Elite Catering provided was nice I was very disappointed that they ran ouf of chicken before 45 of our guests got to eat. I felt that they should have been more prepared and I think it was extremely unprofessional of them to not have a back up plan. I do not think I would use this catering company again due to that major problem.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Taylour · Married on 10/07/2017

1.4
      0.5
      0.5
      3.0

I had really high hopes for elite until multiple problems started coming around on my wedding day and after. Starting off when we arrived at the reception I was personally running around cleaning up after the staff when I was promised I would not have to lift a finger they had baskets that were supposed to go in the bathroom that were sitting about 20 feet away in the hallway where the guest were about to walk in they also have things on the tables were the guest were about to sit that I was personally moving and handing off to the staff as they walk past. Then we had purchased up lights with the expectation that the house lights were to be turned down...that did not happen even after 5 guests including myself and my parents asked multiple staff members to turn down. After the wedding we got back from our honeymoon we were informed that they had broken our champagne glasses and then today I went to open the boxes of chargers that we had used on the tables in there was still food on them from the wedding almost 9 months ago we were told that they would be wiped off and that we wouldn’t have to worry about it but they were literally slices of cheese and pieces of salmon on the plates. We were also told that our coordinator from elite would be there the entire time I saw her for the last 45 minutes in one of the staff members told me that she had just shown up they have been trying to find her all night. Needless to say I trusted them with my wedding and was promised I had absolutely nothing to worry about but clearly I did. Coming from someone that has been in the wedding industry and was a wedding planner a few years ago I was thoroughly let down.

Sent on 06/30/2018

0.0

I thought a lot about whether or not I was going to write a review about my experience with Elite, and I finally decided I should, because if I had known what was going to happen, I would have chosen another caterer.
    I had contacted other caterers, and Elite seemed so professional and thorough that I thought they were the best option. We spent a long time going over the menu and deciding what we wanted, on top of spending a lot of money for dinner/appetizers/bar. My husband and I are both vegetarians, and we were really concerned about having a vegetarian meal that was going to be filling and enjoyable for everyone. Elite assured us that this wasn't going to be a problem, and finally we decided on a goat cheese roulade that was delicious. On the day of our wedding, the food that arrived was not at all what we had purchased, and I was mortified. Instead of a goat cheese roulade, they served some kind of soggy eggplant that I would have been embarrassed to serve (and I was embarrassed that everyone thought I would have chosen that!) as well as serving hard, mixed vegetables when we had ordered something totally different. I had to walk out of the dining room at one point because I was so disappointed and was about to start crying. The buffet they had set up was just a mess! My mom and I, as well as our wedding planner, had spent an entire year planning this once in a lifetime event. We were so careful with every detail, and Elite nearly ruined that with their carelessness. I would have gone with someone else easily, because Elite is not the only show in town. I wasn't going to write a review, but six months after the wedding I still look back on my wedding day and think "it was a lot of fun, but the food was terrible and embarrassing!". We ended up getting half of our money back, but that won't make up for the awful meal and mortifying experience. Elite needs to take their role more seriously, and realize that people put a lot of effort into planning their weddings.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Elite Catering's reply:

We made a terrible mistake on the entree for this event. We feel horrible about this and have gone to great lengths since this instance in June, 2013 to make sure that menu details are covered extensively. We do a comprehensive meeting 30 days prior to an event to ensure we have all the details correct. While we have made mistakes, we never make the same ones twice. We learn from them and have an overall environment of innovative improvement.

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2011

1.0

DO NOT TRUST IN THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR BIG DAY!!! I trusted in this company for my big day and now I regret that decision! This company has grown too fast and they can not keep up with their growing business. The things that were promised to me on my big day were not done. The only thing good I can say about this company is the food that "was" at the wedding was good. There were a lot of items that the company promised (and we paid for) that were not at the wedding. The "presentation" of the food the company "pride's" themselves on was not carried out on my wedding day. My husband, mother, father and myself spent the first half of the reception finding things wrong with what the caterers were doing. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone! They have grown too big too fast. I was very disappointed in "Elite" catering.

Sent on 11/06/2011