Elite British DJ Reviews

Elite British DJ 6
Elite British DJ 7
  • F

Faith · Married on 09/20/2015

Mick was everything we were looking for in a DJ. He was proactive, easy to talk to and plan with, and had tons of great ideas. He helped me with the music for our flash mob and brought some beautiful up-lights and dance lighting. My husband didn't like a few DJs for sounding too much like "game show hosts." Mick is a natural professional and has a nice smooth speaking voice that never sounded cheesy. Our guests went to a few weddings over the summer and kept commenting how they danced the most at ours. They loved the DJ and had a great time. Book him! :)

Sent on 09/20/2015

Mick helped our wedding run seamlessly. He help us greatly in planning the order of events and gave great suggestions on how to customize the night to fit our personalities. He was so fun and easy to work with. He got our whole crowd up and dancing. Everyone loved him!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Megan · Married on 09/05/2015

My husband and I would highly recommend Mick (Elite British DJ)! We used his services for both our ceremony music and our reception and he delivered far beyond our expectations. He is so well organized and made so many helpful suggestions that really added something special to our wedding. All of our guests were so impressed and took note of how great he was and let us know we made an excellent choice working with him. He takes the time to talk in depth to each couple beforehand and go through all the important musical moments in a wedding (for us this included the ceremony music, the grand entrance, special dances, general reception music and more) and my husband and I both walked away from that conversation with him saying, "Wow! Our wedding is going to be awesome! I'm so excited! Our guests are going to be dancing the whole time." and that's definitely how we felt after the wedding too. If you want to have a wedding where everyone's energized and on their feet dancing the night away, we would definitely working with Mick!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 08/29/2015

Mick is absolutely incredible. From our very first meeting to the last moments of our reception, his expertise and good nature made all the difference. I can't tell you how many of my guests have been telling me how much they loved him, and how he made our reception as ridiculously fun as it was. He made everyone laugh, he chose the best songs, and his suggestions for little extra touches and surprises were spot on. He was a dream to work with during wedding planning—he's always responsive and he makes things as easy for the bride and groom as possible. He and Julie are truly the SuperCouple of weddings, and ours would not have gone so smoothly without them. I'm so grateful!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/28/2015

From the beginning, my fiancé and I recognized that music is a key part to make a wedding successful and we were determined to have THE most memorable wedding for our family and friends. I heard about Elite British DJ in the beginning of my wedding planning from a neighbor so I made an appointment to meet Mick. My fiancé and I went in with an open mind while also telling him what kind of atmosphere we wanted. We walked out of that first meeting, looked at each other and knew that we had the DJ for one of the most important days of our lives. Mick accomplished our dream with flying colors! We couldn't have asked for more and are so appreciative of his efforts to make us feel as special as we did on our wedding day. He will listen to your desires and also give you honest feedback based on his years of experience. If you want to breathe easy during your wedding planning, hiring Mick to be your DJ and his wife Julie as your wedding planner is the right choice!!! I can't say that enough!

Sent on 09/04/2015

James · Married on 08/07/2015

We stopped looking for a DJ after we met Mick. From our first contact, Mick's prowess in the field was evident. I agree with all of the praises sung by other reviews. There is a fine line between interrupting an event and helping it flow smoothly. Mick can dance down the line and do flips on the way back. After the wedding, many guests told me how impressed they were with Mick. Well worth the price, and certainly worth the cheeky humor. I will be using Mick again next time I am in need of a DJ.

Sent on 08/23/2015

Kristine · Married on 07/03/2015

Mick came highly recommended to us by our chair cover and photobooth vendor. We asked him who thought was a good deejay since we frequents weddings often due to his job. He recommended Mick and said he wishes he choose Mick for his own wedding! So we called Mick and upon our first meeting I just knew he was the best person for the job. He was extremely knowledgable about music, what gets a crowd going and how to make the wedding fun! From the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, his ideas for music sets were perfect! I love music and I was pleased he knew everything from top 49, old school hip hop, r&b to my fiancée choices of country and swing! Our wedding was 3 weeks ago but everyone is still buzzing about how perfect and fun the wedding was. I really believe without his help, we wouldn't have had the fun and memorable wedding we ended up having :)

Sent on 07/23/2015

Karen · Married on 05/30/2015

Mick was awesome to work with as our wedding DJ in May 2015 at Scripps Seaside Forum. He played all the songs we wanted him to, and did a great job reading the crowd as well. Before dinner he came up to us and asked if he could play more oldies as he’d noticed the guests were into that during cocktail hour (which was fine with us but we didn’t really care either way) and when he started the oldies set our guests, both young and old, went nuts. Everyone, from our college friends to grandparents, kept complimenting us on the music, and the dance floor was full almost the whole night. There was a great mix of oldies, new music, and random other songs that we had specifically requested and were meaningful to us. The only (really, the only!) thing I would have changed was that he put some of the less-popular-to-dance-to songs back to back, and I might have preferred to mix it up. Mick does have a strong personality but definitely knows what he is talking about when it comes to music and ensuring that you and all your wedding guests will have an amazing time. And the next day he already had a slide show up on the website so we could re-live it all again!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Mick was such a wonderful DJ and we could not have been happier having him be such a big part of our wedding. He did our ceremony, dinner and dance music and all was absolutely perfect. He also did up-lighting inside and out which really contributed to the ambiance. We had a pretty good idea of what we wanted out of our music, but he made some fabulous suggestions that really improved our evening. We could not have been happier hiring him.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Kellie · Married on 05/10/2015

My fiancé and I had originally planned to have our wedding in Cabo San Lucas. We had deposits down and our date was set. Then came along Hurricane Odile, and completely wiped out our resort. We were lucky enough to get our money back in December 2014, and with our wedding date of 5-10-15, we had to start from scratch. Once we determined Paradise Point was the location, we set out to find the perfect vendors. We yelped and read reviews on The Knot & Wedding wire. Mick was always at the top of our searches! Mick had outstanding reviews and had the best website of all the DJ's we were looking at. We sent an inquiry thru his website, and he called us back within 24 hours! The second I heard his voice, I knew he was going to DJ our wedding! The 1st time we met Mick at Paradise Point, we knew how lucky we got when he agreed to be our DJ! Mick is extremely personable, sincere and knowledgeable. We ran thru the basics of the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and what he thought were good music choices for all. We emailed and Skyped prior to the wedding and his input proved to be invaluable! We are extremely thrilled to have had the best DJ on the planet, as our wedding was absolutely perfect!! From the very beginning of the ceremony, the song selections were perfect. He suggested some light humor during the ceremony, which was a huge hit! The choices he suggested for the cocktail hour were outstanding. And the reception, he knew exactly how to get our family and friends on their feet dancing! He also is excellent at reading the room and figuring out very quickly what songs got everyone out of the chairs onto the dance floor! He is also very knowledgeable when it came to lighting the room! It was the perfect ambiance mixed with the best music! Mick is the DJ extraordinaire! If you want the best day of your life to be amazing, Mick is the only choice! We also had the extreme pleasure of working with his wife, Julie, as our coordinator. They truly are The Dream Team!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Mick is incredible! We were lost before we found him! He turned an already incredible day into the event that us and our guests will be talking about for the rest of our lives. I cannot believe how many comments and compliments we got on our choice of DJ. Our guests are still talking about him! In the early stages of planning, we actually thought about not having a DJ. What a mistake that would have been! The energy, professionalism and passion he has for the craft of creating an unforgettable atmosphere are second to none. This was the first wedding for both my wife and I, but we have attended plenty of weddings and we may be bias, but all the DJ's we've seen prior to Mick should probably just hang it up now. From the pre-planning to pre-ceremony advice, interaction with and respect for the other vendors and the venue to the incredible night of dancing and events, Mick had our best interests in mind and had no other goal than to create the most incredible experience for us and our guests that he could. He did that and more. If you are happening upon this review prior to booking a DJ, stop what you are doing and book Mick. You will not regret it.

Sent on 05/30/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/25/2015

Wow!! What an amazing DJ. From the first moment I met him, I knew Mick was the man for our wedding. It was so obvious that he loves what he does, and his charisma and excitement sold me. He had such great ideas, and seemed to do things differently than the regular ole wedding DJ. He had people out on the dance floor before dinner! I'll be honest, when he first mentioned it to me, I thought, "that's a little strange...people don't dance before dinner." But that's what I loved about him! Who cares if people don't usually dance before dinner! We were going to. And boy, did we! Almost the entire room was dancing before dinner! That really just set the tone for the rest of the night. He had people so excited and ready to party. I don't think most people even finished their food before they hit the dance floor. In fact, my husband and I were still greeting guests at tables when we looked up and noticed people starting to dance. They just didn't want to stop, and neither did we. He played such great music all night long, and really knew how to read the room. I don't even want to go to another wedding without Mick being the DJ! I would recommend Mick (Elite British DJ) to everyone, and they would be so stupid not to snatch him up! He is a gem, and just about everyone at my wedding told me how wonderful they thought the DJ was! What was really surprising, was that the majority of the guests stayed till the very end, and danced through the very last song...usually they are gone after the cake! We were so sad that the night had to end, because we could have danced all night!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Matthew · Married on 04/18/2015

Mick was absolutely amazing! When we first met to talk about what music we wanted to play, honestly we were a little lost, but Mick had so many great suggestions and help point us in a good direction. He clearly knows what he is doing and he is an open book and will tell you whats on his mind and let you know what he l I'm es, but don't be worried, he will do whatever you say. But he is brilliant, so try and listen to him :) Day of, he was there early and dressed very dapper and professionally. He was extremely good at reading the crowd and even gave us a little nudge when he noticed we were taking too long visiting tables. This was incredibly helpful because you will have no sense of time. We paired with his wife Julie and together they made sure that everything went off without a hitch. It was also a nice bonus that if you package the 2 of them, you get a huge discount. Seriously, it was the only weddings iv'e been to where almost nothing went wrong, and being the groom, i saw behind the scenes. It was truly impressive. If you don't go with mick and julie, you are just wrong.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Steve · Married on 04/11/2015

Having dealt with a variety of wedding vendors, both good and bad, I can say that this guy is just incredible. A complete professional in every regard. He communicated clearly and regularly and we always felt we were in good hands. It was a breath of fresh air. But that's not why you hire him, it's just a perk.

Where Mick really shines is his ability to get the crowd going! Like most weddings, we had people of all ages in our crowd. But unlike most weddings, Mick actually got all of them up and dancing at the same time. It was so much fun for the whole party. If the photos of everyone smiling weren't enough, I received multiple comments about how fun the night was and requests for the set list.

Mick is also really good about customizing things for you. We had a few very specific requests he made a reality, and also some general guidelines. He was great about catering to both.

Stop looking around for your wedding DJ and go with Mick of Elite British DJ!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Adam · Married on 04/10/2015

If you are looking to have an AMAZING time at your next big party, go with Mick. We hired Mick as our wedding DJ and everything from start to finish was smooth and seamless. We started by meeting at his lovely home in order to review our wedding details and initial song ideas. He then provided us with lots of great suggestions (as he has clearly been doing this for a long time) and walked us through the flow of the wedding reception. We then spent a few days entering all the songs we wanted to include (using his easy online system) and then met as his house a second time for a final review of everything. During the "big day" everything flowed perfectly! From the grand entrance to the very last song played, Mick was on point.

Here are 5 reasons why Mick is a no brainer decision:

1) Talented - Mick is not only a great DJ but he knows how to work a crowd (when needed). He keeps the party flowing all night long!

2) Super organized - from start to finish you are taken care off. He will walk you through the entire process and entering songs via his online planner is seamless.

3) Experienced - Mick knows what works at weddings and what doesn't. He has tons of great advice and is great to bounce ideas off of.

4) Nice - Mick is a really nice guy and was such a pleasure to work with, which makes the whole process enjoyable.

5) Professional - Mick showed up on time, professionally dressed, and worked his magic.

We will be recommending Mick to all of our friends and will be using him for all of our future party's. Stop reading this review already! Go with Mick!

Adam and Karmin

Sent on 04/19/2015

Catherine · Married on 12/12/2014

We met Mick at the San Diego Bridal Bazaar a few months before we got engaged. With my husband's best friend being from England, we were initially drawn in by the Union Jacks hanging at his booth. We were impressed by his approach. All other vendors were out in the aisles pushing flyers on prospective customers while Mick staying in his booth speaking to folks that came to him. As we struck up a conversation, we appreciated that he approached weddings similarly... he said he had many happy clients whose reviews spoke for themselves so he didn't feel the need to push his services. He figured the right people who were interested in his services would come to him.

When we got engaged and the time came to choose a DJ, Mick was the first one we met with. He was professional, creative, open, and honest about his services and his approach. His vast amount of experience and his online planning tool were both items we considered big pluses (particularly the "No play" list option). After weighing options, we decided to go with both him and his wife who is a coordinator... their packaged deals are definitely worth it!

We are so glad we hired him for the reception! We loved how Mick likes to have fun, unique memorable events during the reception. We used a few of his and threw a few new ones of our own at him. Mick did a great job combining our ideas with his and running everything well. We were running behind after the toasts, but Mick adjusted things so we could got all the important events in before our photographer and videographer left and still have time left for dancing. We had SO many guests tell us it was the best wedding they've been to, the most fun wedding they've been to, a reception that was just very "us", and had several people ask us for the playlist because they enjoyed the music choices so much. People are still raving about the wedding 2 months later!

We are glad we picked Mick, and would recommend you consider hiring him and Julie both!

Sent on 02/09/2015

howard · Married on 10/19/2014

If You are having a event and want a dj who can do it all with so much excitement then Mick our elite british dj is the man you want to hire. He is such a professional and makes sure that not only will your party go smooth but the guests are going to have soar feet from all the great song selections that he plays. Now where can you get a dj from London in san diego. Just call elite british dj of san diego. Being a optometrist during the day and a musician on weekends, I have high expectations for the entertainment i hire for a event. So when i tell you that not only was this the smartist move we made for my sons wedding, but i would hire him again for our next event in a heart beat. Thanks again mick for such a great job! Howard Levy o.d. carlsbad, ca.

Sent on 10/25/2014
  • Future Mrs. N

Michelle · Married on 09/20/2014

Mick was AMAZING for our wedding! We wanted it to be really fun and entertaining for both us and our guests. He went above and beyond what we asked of him. Throughout the planning process he had great suggestions that worked and understood what would be better for each event while still suiting us as a couple. He was able to read our crowd and play music that had us dancing the ENTIRE time. Having a DJ that can plan an event and get the crowd to dance the whole night is key to having a memorable fun wedding and Mick can excel at that. You will not be disappointed working with him. We had some small last minute changes and issues with slide shows I didn't prepare well or bridal party changes last minute that he was able to change and make work. It was an amazing wedding and he made sure the party was fun and full of energy every last minute.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2014

Mick did an amazing job at our wedding. He was extremely knowledge, was very helpful in suggesting song choices, and played exactly what we wanted. Everyone had a great time and was up dancing the whole night, which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding! He also made the entire process of choosing songs, etc really easy. I would highly recommend Mick!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Hope · Married on 09/06/2014

My husband and I were absolutely wowed by Mick. From our first meeting, he went above and beyond what we had imagined or hoped for a DJ. He pulled out business cards to recommend other great vendors for whom we were searching. He made wonderful suggestions about what to do and what not to do in our wedding. He walked us through the different moments with important music, and he gave us an online system to use for planning that was so easy. My husband and I are both very musical and cared deeply about what kind of music was played at our wedding. Mick's system gave us the freedom to choose different songs without having to pick out everything on the playlist. And on the day of, he perfectly matched our desired genres. He also kept the energy moving and was an excellent emcee!

My other favorite part about Mick was that I didn't want the music to be too loud. (In many weddings and events I've attended, I leave with my ears ringing and my voice hoarse from shouting above the music.) Mick set up a fantastic balance of speakers around the room that meant he didn't have to blast the music for it to be heard. Everybody loved the music and the fun he created!

At our wedding, we also had a lot of different elements we were trying to coordinate, from family speeches to special dances and other surprises. Mick seamlessly worked with our wedding coordinator and kept everything moving, adapting to any timeline changes smoothly. He is absolutely a pro!

Perhaps the most extraordinary thing about Mick, though, was what he did above and beyond on our wedding day. He actually brought his own camera, photographed various moments in our wedding, created a slideshow/video set to our first dance song, and sent it to use The Night of Our Wedding! We got beautiful photos on the SAME day, with angles that even our awesome photographer didn't get.

We are so thrilled that we hired Mick to be our DJ!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Nanette · Married on 08/31/2014

Absolutely could not have been happier with Mick as the DJ at our daughter's wedding. We wanted our guests to have a good time and enjoy dancing and that is exactly what we got. I am still in shock that my 79yr old mother was up dancing most of the night and was even up at midnight for the last dance. Mick was not shy about letting us know that some of our music selections might not have worked. We ended up going with his suggestions and I have to admit that he was right. I am quite certain that we could not have chosen better.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Karina · Married on 08/31/2014

We have all been to weddings where the DJ was horrible, and it was a big fear of mine when diving into wedding planning. My mom found out about Mick and Julie (his wife who coordinated our wedding) and we were so excited to meet them! My first impression was that they were so organized, which relieved a lot of stress! Mick was already familiar with our venue which was a plus because he explained exactly where/how he would set up. We had several conversations with Mick before the wedding, all of which were great because he had so many good suggestions. He told us how he likes to set the tone of the night by starting the dancing right away! Not only was perfect, but we literally had compliments from our guests! We decided to give him a lot of freedom with the song selection as I was not sure what people would be in the mood to dance to. He definitely knows how to read the vibe of the party and keep it going! Not only did we dance until the very last song, my grandmother did too! He did such a wonderful job and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Robin · Married on 08/30/2014

We hired Mick to DJ our daughter's wedding. From our first meeting we knew he would do a great job, and he did, he was amazing! He kept the party going all night, he was very professional and knew what to play when. As an added bonus he sent us a video collage of the evening the very next day. It was a very unexpected surprise. The photos were great! I would highly recommend Mick and his wife Julie (wedding planner). They make a great team! I would give 10 stars if I could!
    Robin W.
    Mother of the bride

Sent on 11/10/2014

Jamie · Married on 08/22/2014

My husband and I recently got married at beautiful Paradise Point in San Diego CA, and hired Mick of Elite British DJ as our musical conductor for the event. During our planning process, we only met with one DJ… and that’s all we needed; there was no need to look any further. For us, the DJ was the most important aspect of our wedding as we LOVE to dance and wanted to have an epic dance party at our wedding. Mick walked us through every aspect of what to expect from a musical standpoint for our wedding, and sold us instantly. Everything from subtle cocktail hour music to an eclectic mix of dance floor jams that kept everyone loose and on their feet.

Working with Mick was very easy – his online platform for creating your ideal wedding playlist was a huge help, and he kindly offered us some excellent suggestions on ways to incorporate some added “fun” into the normal wedding traditions (i.e. bouquet/garter toss)… I would suggest asking Mick about his little garter “trick”… trust me you won’t be disappointed.

During the actual wedding, the reception was everything and more. Mick knows he knows what hes doing! He evolved into more of an MC than just your standard DJ – he expertly dictated the pace of the reception to ensure everyone was having an amazing time. It was perfect and made for a wonderful atmosphere throughout the evening. He made our wedding so memorable for not only myself and fiancé but we've heard nothing but amazing things from all our friends and family. When I said we wanted an epic dance party, he delivered!

Finally, much to our surprise, we woke a day after our wedding to a wonderful photo slideshow, put together by Mick, of images he personally took throughout the wedding. We couldn’t have been happier with Mick and the Elite British DJ experience. I would highly recommend him to anyone that will soon say their “I Do’s”.

Sent on 09/05/2014

Raj + Aman · Married on 08/07/2014

It was our pleasure to have Mick as our DJ at our wedding and reception. All of our guests had a wonderful time and he was spot on with the music. His website made it really easy for music selection. We also provided a short list of songs for him that he didn't have on his website and he was able to find all of them.. even the tough ones! Beyond that he took care of the rest of the music and his suggestions were great. Mick was absolutely effortless to work with and was able to handle our rowdy crowd with a smile! He was also amazing enough to put together a slideshow of some pictures that he took and sent it to us only a few days after the event! Would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 01/08/2015