Elias Pasillas Photography Reviews

Elias Pasillas Photography 6
Elias Pasillas Photography 7
  • Shana

Shana · Getting married on 07/14/2019

Elias is my cousin so I knew right away that I wanted hire him for out wedding. I saw a lot of his work and was confident he’d do a great job. When I contacted Elias, though my cousin, he was very professional, talked me through the process, and I can tell that he is very passionate about his craft. He asked about doing an engagement shoot and I told him I didn’t plan on it. He encouraged me to do it and I’m so glad I did. I used those pictures for so many things. During the session my husband and I got to see his style and how he gives direction. He’s very fluid and makes you feel comfortable. Days leading up to wedding he checked to make sure things were going well and we walked through the wedding day timeline. On the wedding day he was very timely, was willing to go between locations, and help with things that were necessarily his job. I appreciate all of his hard work. I was able to see a few preview shots and they were beautiful. I’m looking forward to see all the pictures from out big day.

Brooke Pargaz · Married on 09/29/2018

Elias Pasillas photography

My husband and I are EXTREMELY happy to have had Lee shoot our engagement and wedding photos! The level of professionalism and the attention to detail that he provides is everything you hope for in a wedding photographer. He makes you super comfortable and his work is absolutely amazing to honestly say the least! If you are looking for a photographer do not hesitate to book him! He is a wonderful photographer and an even better person!

Michael and Brooke

Elias Pasillas Photography 17

Amber · Married on 11/25/2017

After our previous photographer cancelled a few days before our wedding we contacted Elias and he graciously agreed to do our photography. Not only did the pictures come out beautiful he responded quickly and is very friendly and professional! My husband and I completely loved his work before booking him and we loved it even more when he gave us a little teaser of our wedding photos. Of course we shared these pictures with our friends and family and they completely loved his work too. We will definitely be hiring Elias for any other photography work!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amber! I was glad we were able to work together. You guys planned a nice wedding and it all turned out beautiful. It was a pleasure meeting you and Thomas and I hope we stay in touch!

Kenny · Married on 11/12/2017

Amazing photographer. He is super easy going and always trying to do the most for his clients. I couldn’t say enough good things about him. The pictures came out amazing and he was able to get us some photos extremely quickly for us to post and share. He couldn’t have made it any more enjoyable having him capture our amazing day. Would recommend him to anyone!!

Elias Pasillas Photography 18
    Elias Pasillas Photography 19

Chelsea · Married on 11/12/2017

Elias was always helpful, professional, and flexible. Planning a wedding is stressful as is...Elias definitely made sure we weren't stressed and made our special day PERFECT! I love how he focused on Kodak moments rather then "say cheese".He is super chill and friendly. I would absolutely recommend him! :)

Elias Pasillas Photography 20

kayla · Married on 10/15/2017

I was planning a wedding from over 1500 miles away, so most of our contact was through emails, text messages, and phone calls. He was very professional through it all and you can tell from just talking to Lee that he is passionate about what he does. The first time we met in person was on the day of the wedding. I was afraid there would be an awkwardness, but there wasn't, he made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole day. He is absolutely wonderful to work with. He was awesome from start to finish instead of the typical ring bearer I had my little "ring security", I forgot to by him some black glasses for the day of the wedding and Lee let him borrow his own for the day. I was told there would be an 8-10 week wait for the pictures (which I was completely fine with, but 15 days after my wedding my grandpa passed away. I was very close with him and him and my brother walked me down the aise. I texted Lee telling him the situation and if he could go through the photos and maybe send a few of my grandpa of that day ( i didn't even care if they were edited) Two days later he had 10 photos for me edited on his site to view. I have not seen all of the pictures yet, but I am very please with what I have seen. He is definitely worth the investment you spend and he will get you some awesome pictures.

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Elias Pasillas Photography 27
    Elias Pasillas Photography 28
    Elias Pasillas Photography 29

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Kayla. You really made me remember why I chose this career path. It's truly an honor to take part in your special day. I wish you two the best! Congratulations!

Karrie · Married on 10/07/2017

First off, Elias is not only an amazing photographer but also an amazing person! He genuinely cares about your wedding day and all of the days leading up to it from the second you first speak with him. We first got our engagement photos with him, as it was important to me to make sure I was confident in him for my wedding day. He definitely didn’t disappoint! All of our bridal party and family were even more excited for our wedding day knowing the photos would turn out great. Since getting our wedding photos, we are not the only ones in love with them. I always get told they look like modern day fairytale pictures. That’s how magical they came out. He even went above and beyond photography and acted more like our right hand man. He helped with making sure everything was on track, boutonnière’s, and more. We will definitely be hiring Elias to photograph more of our life together!

Elias Pasillas Photography 30
    Elias Pasillas Photography 31
    Elias Pasillas Photography 32
    Elias Pasillas Photography 33

Maribel · Married on 09/23/2017

So happy we picked Elias to be our photographer for our special day. He is super patient and professional! The day of the wedding I was super stressed and coming from a Latino family you would understand how much crazier it can get. That was not an issue for Elias, he was calm and I knew that our pictures were going to come out amazing! And they sure did! We are seriously obsessed and can not stop looking at our teaser pictures! I can’t think of anyone better than Elias! He will definitely not disappoint. You’re awesome Elias! Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

In my experience keeping calm is the only option when the stress of a wedding hits the couple. If I stress out, you stress out. So I do my best, i'm so glad I was able to handle everything and thank you for trusting me to do so. Every wedding gets a little crazy at times but you and Johnny handled it well too. Congratulations Maribel!

Delia · Married on 09/16/2017

I had a very short engagement of four months, however Elias was amazing in getting me where I needed with my engagement pictures and in my wedding! Loved the pictures and how comfortable my husband and I were while the sessions! Amazing job!

Jeanelle · Married on 09/15/2017

Elias is truly a master of his craft. When he photographs, he not only evaluates the perfect scene and shot for the photo – but the essence of the memory as well. His keen eye in capturing even the slightest details is unrivaled. Wedding days are often fleeting and Elias not only took photos to preserve those moments forever, but he reminded us to take in those present moments and experiences as well. He was extremely skilled at making it feel as though we were simply taking in the moments with just the two of us, and he just happened to get a glimpse from a voyeuristic angle. Those turned out to be our favorite shots – those that were in reality, our most authentic and most in love. However, in addition to those genuine moments of laughter and fun – Elias did provide great expertise as well when it came to positioning us for some our most breathtaking photos. Although at times it did not feel natural to us to pose certain ways, we put our trust in his vision and we are SO happy that we did. Elias was able to see what we could not. He truly holds a third-eye vision with his camera lens and created the picture-perfect moments of our wedding day. Elias helped us get through some overwhelming moments as well, such as bringing the groom his bowtie when he had forgotten it amidst all of the chaos. His enthusiasm, professionalism and attention to detail were extremely appreciated on a day where there were many various transitions and emotions happening simultaneously. We adore Elias so much and we could not have asked for a more wonderful photographer for our special day. Thank you, Elias, for seeing us as being part of your art and more important, for embodying true love and happiness in the photos you took of us. Love, MJ

Sent on 10/27/2017
    Elias Pasillas Photography 34

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Jeanelle. I had a great time with you and Marcel. Thank you for being so accommodating to me being so far. I had a good time being in Santa Barbara and hanging out with you guys for the weekend. Best wishes to you two! Congratulations!

Monica · Married on 06/10/2017

Elias did an amazing job. We were referred to him by a friend of mine, and from the day that we met him, we knew that he was perfect for us. He is truly talented and knows what he is doing. He helped keep us on time and on our big day. I would definitely recommend Elias for any and all photo needs. I have absolutely no complaints about him. Our wedding photos are spectacular and we couldn’t be any happier.

Elizabeth · Married on 01/07/2017

Elias was incredible. We loved our engagement shoot that came with our package. It was a wonderful data, and Elias did a great job of connecting with us, making us comfortable and letting us have fun. The day of the wedding, he went above and beyond. He was patient with our timeline, and never once did I or my family feel rushed with pictures. He was a champ, putting in hard work from about 10 am to 10 pm. The pictures came through that same night (5 or 6) and the rest a couple weeks later, and I love them. I love looking back at all of them, and particularly love our portraits. Elias was able to capture our love on film :)

Lorena · Married on 10/08/2016

When it came to choosing a photographer, I was so nervous about it because obviously I wanted to make sure I had a great photographer that would capture such a special day. I'm so so so so grateful to have chosen Elias. Amazing is an understatement. From the beginning, we enjoyed working with him. He definitely took the time to listen to our concerns and made sure we felt comfortable at all times. The days before and day of the wedding, he went above and beyond. He has a thing of making everything feel like it's going to be okay. I think back on our wedding day and I'm amazed that everything turned out so well and I'm almost positive Elias had all to do with it. We established an agenda and he made it happen. When we needed to be flexible, he made sure everything went as smoothly as possible. The photos turned out amazing and I'm so glad he was able to capture them for us. Absolutely amazing and I would recommend him over and over again! Thank you Lee!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lorena!
    You guys did an amazing job and I think that everything turned out beautifully! I really appreciate the kind words.

Eila · Married on 08/20/2016

We worked with Elias for our Civil Ceremony at SF City Hall and it was probably the best decision we could have made. He's worked with the space before and was able to provide insight that was extremely helpful for the day-of. We went in knowing what to expect and what to do process wise. All of that made the day stress free and allowed us to relax. He was great at giving great, but natural direction, for what we should and should not do resulting in some really beautiful photos. The entire process was comfortable and fun and I couldn't have asked for more. I don't know how he did it but he worked some magic - the photos make us look much more photogenic than we really are!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you Eila! Remember, confidence is key but you & Babak are very photogenic. Your photos came out great because you two are comfortable with each other, I just shot what I saw. Thank you so much!

Julia · Married on 06/11/2016

WOW!!.. My Husband and I could not have found a more wonderful fit for our event! He and his assistant went above and beyond what you would think a photographer's job would be! Helped get the little boys ready, held my shoes, flowers and a broken earring, made sure my guests were okay and getting great pictures of their own! I have only seen teaser pictures and am just BLOWN AWAY!!
    I could never thank you enough Elias!! You will forever be in our prayers!!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Julia. All in a day's work really. I'm glad i was able to help you through it all and I think everything came out great!

Liping · Married on 05/28/2016

Elias is an awesome photographer! He went above and beyond from the day we booked him. He arrived earlier than we expected on both engagement and wedding day for preparation and waited for us even if we were a little bit late. He cover every details on our big day even there he is the only photographer.My friend booked other photographers and they received their photos several months after their wedding. Then I realized that Elias worked so hard to give us our photos in several weeks. You are just amazing!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

Thanks Liping, it's difficult to try and balance the editing process for several weddings at a time. Usually my turn around time varies from 8-14 weeks depending on how busy the season was. I was glad i was able to have a quick turn around for you and Hanyu. I appreciate everything, thank you so much!

Estefania · Married on 01/09/2016

I could not have picked anyone better than Elias! He went above and beyond from the day we booked him. The day of our wedding he was just AMAZING! As little things were going wrong on our big day, Elias helped keep us calm and made sure we still had our important photos taken. I needed to book a photobooth last minute & decided I did want to video our wedding & Elias was able to help us out. Him & his assistant we're awesome! Not only were they great with us but also to our families & guest. We had so many compliments. Everyone loved them! Once we received our pictures I couldn't believe how BEAUTIFUL they came out!!! We are so in love with them! Our wedding wasn't the only time we booked with him. We were so happy with the outcome that he also shot our gender reveal pictures. Not only did our pictures come out AMAZING but he made it such a fun photo shoot for us! We had such a great time. I'm so happy that we found Elias and we're able to share these great memories with. We will always be grateful for your hard work & dedication. Can't wait to book more shoots in the future.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Elias Pasillas Photography's reply:

It's so easy to have fun with fun people. So thank you guys for making my job easy! I had a blast at your wedding, honestly it felt like everyone was my family. So a huge thank you to your family and guest for making me feel at home. I know things didn't work out as planned but it happens 9 times out of 10. So glad you were able to push through and still have a great time. What you'll have at the end of it all is your husband and your photos, so i'm glad we were able to make it all happen!

And yes! Can't wait to watch your little family grow. Can't wait till that little guy is ready for his close up! Thanks Estefania!

Lee was a great photographer to work with! I would highly recommend him for any photography especially for a wedding!! :)

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2015

Elias is a fantastic emerging photographer. While he is still building his portfolio, we took a risk on him and believed in his potential, and we were beyond satisfied. He gave 110% to our wedding and went above and beyond in making sure the lighting was perfect, that we got the right shots and that we had more than enough coverage of our most special day. He also brought in an additional shooter who was fantastic. He also provided the digital proofs in a very timely manner and delivered all the pictures we had ordered. I've had my family, friends and even professional photographers who are very experienced in the business complimenting his work.

• David

David Miess · Married on 05/30/2015

Update after 3 years

My wife and I got married on May 30, 2015 and this review is being written on December 17, 2018. We wanted to provide an update for anyone considering Elias beyond that special day--how do we feel years in the future, for instance?

Well, we look at our photo album often. It is one of our most treasured material possessions. Hiring Elias was the best investment we made—above everything else—and these pictures are what we cherish. You may forget what food you ate or what decorations were on the tables or even what conversations were had. But the pictures are the guardsmen of your memories, the reflections of your love, so invest in the best.

Allen · Married on 05/24/2014

Elias Pasillas was super professional and extremely enjoyable to work with. He made my wife and I look like celebrities in a movie. He was great with my family and made everyone in the wedding look great. He delivered the photo's on the time that we have agreed and the quality of his work blew my mind. I highly recommend Elias Pasillas and I will call him again to do my family photo's. I've been shopping around trying to find the best Photographer for the price and Elias hand's down was worth every penny.

Claudia · Married on 03/15/2014

Elias was extremely professional and very proficient in his profession. He made our wedding day photos very comfortable and took amazing candid photos. I would highly recomend him. I plan to use him again in the future.

Carla · Married on 10/26/2013

Amazing service and very well priced!

• F

Faraby · Married on 10/13/2013

When I started looking for a good but affordable photographer I took a chance on Elias and traveled pretty far for an engagement session. I had planned to only hire him for the engagement session and find a local photographer for my wedding. Well he was AWESOME! After my engagement session my fiance and I hired him on the spot to cover our wedding! We were so happy with his services. My friends and family loved our photos, they were exactly what we were expecting! Our Photobook was amazing! It was the one thing about our wedding that I could not do without. It's perfect and a great way to share our wedding with friends. Elias was professional and extremely personable. I highly recommended him to all my friends! Thank you and great job Elias :)