Elegant Settings of Maryland National Capitol Park and Parking Commission Reviews

89 | Greenbelt, MD

89 Reviews for Elegant Settings of Maryland National Capitol Park and Parking Commission

• User5241927 · 2+ years ago

Newton White Mansion is beautiful! The staff is amazing and very helpful! I would reccommend anyone to use this space for their ceremony and reception! Absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 09/03/2015
  • Z

Zakyia · Married on 05/13/2016

We had our wedding at the mansion and it was beautiful. The staff and everyone was lovely. I have absolutely no complaints!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Natasha · Married on 10/28/2011

I had my October 28, 2011 wedding reception at the Mansion (ceremony was offsite). It's a beautiful venue located on a golf course and the grounds are well maintained. Unlike previous reviewers, I don't have any complaints regarding the rules or service. However, I didn't have much contact with the venue operators since my coordinator mostly dealt with them. That being said, I did call/email a few times and I always received a courteous, quick response. The only thing I desired to have which was not permitted were sparklers but that's understandable. I think the timing may be a little tight (vendors are permitted in no more than one hour before your scheduled event, with the exception of the caterer who is permitted to enter two hours early). I don't know what the "norm" is but if your vendor is a professional, they should be able to do what they need to do within the given time. All in all, a beautiful venue for a reasonable price.

Sent on 11/17/2011
  • Chantel

Chantel · Married on 09/02/2011

Absolutely Beautiful! My husband and I instantly fell in love with this luxurious venue! I couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else! The staff was great…very professional and helpful! ALL of our guests agreed…hands down, Oxon Hill Manor is the most beautiful wedding venue in our area! I couldn't believe it was so affordable!

Sent on 09/08/2011

DMour · Married on 07/02/2011

D.C.'s hidden gem. I had both my cermony and reception outside and it was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful, they made my wedding even more special.

Sent on 07/30/2011
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 06/24/2011

Oxon Hill is a stunningly beautiful manor that sits above National Harbor. Because it is run by the parks department, it is a great value by Washington DC standards. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful - every time I asked for a time to walk thru the property w/a vendor they easily accomodated me. The office sent reminders of when payments and floorplans/vendor sheets were due and I could drop them off in-person, email or fax them back. Our caterer (Windows) has worked extensively at Oxon Hill so we did not have to do any of the additional paperwork that a new caterer would require which probably made the process smoother for us. We chose to have everything outside (cocktails by the reflecting pool and dinner/dancing on the back patio) and the weather cooperated! You do have to submit two floorplans in case it rains, but the Oxon Hill staff & Windows ensured us if our reception had to be moved inside it would be seemless to our guests. A big parking lot also makes it a plus in DC. Many of the hotels in National Harbor will give you a reduced rate for a wedding block if you mention Oxon Hill Manor as your reception site too!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Sonya · Married on 05/28/2011

Oxon Hill Manor was the venue we choose for our wedding ceremony and reception. It is absolutely gorgeous! When we first saw Oxon Hill Manor we knew that this was the place that we wanted to get married. The manor is beautiful and the gardens are breath taking. The staff was flexible and very easy to work with. They kept us informed and answered all of our questions. We call it the best kept secret. It is very accessible to the National Harbor. We were extremely pleased with Oxon Hill Manor.

Fabulous Venue,
    Mr. & Mrs. Johnson

Sent on 06/04/2011

Melanie · Married on 03/19/2011

Newton White Mansion was the perfect venue for our reception. We had our ceremony at a nearby church, and then hosted our cocktail hour and reception during the evening slot on Saturday. The venue was ideal because there was plenty of room for our guests to spread out and walk around during the cocktail hour before the beginning of the reception. We had a mixed culture wedding, and even though we thought there would not be enough room for the dancing, we we surprised because there was plenty of room with our 180 guests.

I would recommend NWM for your wedding because of the location, proximity to highways, the scenic backdrop of the surrounding grounds and plenty of guest parking. You should be forewarned though that the Mansion has strict rules and regulations, considering that it is a historic property, so you have to have all vendors approved.

Sent on 04/06/2011

S · Married on 11/14/2010

This is, hands down, THE most beautiful setting for a wedding in the Washington area, and the NWM staff is top-notch -- responsive, friendly, helpful. Nearly every person I spoke to at our wedding complimented us on the venue choice. The word I kept hearing: "stunning." And it really is. Even my makeup artist and hair stylist raved about the venue, both for its beauty, and for its user-friendliness -- big lounges for the groom and bride, with plenty of room for a bunch of girls to get ready without getting in each others' way.

Sent on 11/15/2010
  • Officially His Mrs P.

Naadu · Married on 10/09/2010

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!!!! It was absolutely stunning. I chose to have the ceremony outdoors & decided not to decorate the grounds because it was gorgeous as is. Everything was perfect, couldn't ask for anything else.

The staff was wonderful!! We decided to upgrade from the banquet chairs to the chivari chairs. We were supposed to pay for them when we went for rehearsal, but as fate would have it, we got so carried away with everthing & left before paying for the chairs. The staff kindly gave me a call & reminded me that I could pay for them before 5pm or they would deduct it from the security deposit. Guess what time I finally looked at my phone.....5:20!!!!! Thank God they upgraded the chairs for me because I don't know what I would have done had I walked into the reception & saw the banquet chairs!!

Sent on 10/11/2010
  • OpsieDaisy

Qiana · Married on 09/24/2010

This mansion is beautiful, and amazing! There are so many picture options and the scenery is so romantic. Perfect for small & intimate or LARGE (like my own) weddings. I LOVE the fountain, and the atrium is just georgeous either at night (mine was at night, the starts looked like a dream) or during the day when the sun shines in..

They even accomodated me for a rehearsal which some venues do not do.

Sent on 10/19/2010

Khaleshia · Married on 09/10/2010

Oxon Hill Manor is the perfect venue with both indoor and outdoor options. The grounds are amazing. The staff is very attentive and easy to work with. The process was painless from beginning to end. I would not change a thing.

Sent on 09/22/2010

Darmika · Married on 08/28/2010

My wedding was so PERFECT and I'm not just saying this because I was the bride. Choosing Newton White Mansion was the best decision my husband and I could have made. The staff is very professional and pleasant and the price of the mansion is worth every penny. The mansion offers a certain ambiance of its own and you have so much space so every room will be used for something. It is also convenient to have everything at one location. We had our wedding outside on the patio and we had an evening wedding so it was everything I pictured and more. The atrium is one of a kind. My guest had the time of their lives and we are so happy that we chose the Newton to say "I DO" for the first and ONLY time!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Maggie · Married on 08/07/2010

We couldn't have asked for anything more from this venue. Perfect gardens and grounds, immaculate inside. It doesn't have a room for the groomsmen to dress, so that's something to consider. You also have a REALLY tight time schedule, since there's an early and a later block of time, and they are usually both booked. So I'd recommend either purchasing additional morning hours if you are there in the early slot to facilitate set up and photographs at a more leisurely pace.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Adrienne · Married on 07/24/2010

The Oxon Hill Manor is a beautiful venue! You have access to the entire property. We had hoped to have cocktail hour in the garden, however it was 105 degrees the day of our wedding. Lucky for us, the Manor is big enough to move it all inside. The bridal suite upstairs is a wonderful little hide away for the bridal party. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you are a PG County resident, you get a discount.

Sent on 08/12/2010
  • erikatarrance

Erika · Married on 07/23/2010

Newton Mansion is one of the best venues in the metro area. I rate them 5 stars in all categories.

Sent on 08/04/2010

Laura · Married on 07/11/2010

The staff at Oxon Hill Manor was very on top of things and really did everything they could to make my wedding day perfect. They were flexible with certain issues and worked with us for what we wanted. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous - they really keep them up and make sure they are pristine for your event. The inside of the manor was also kept up really well, creating an old-timey feel that wasn't shabby. Overall I loved this venue for my wedding!

Sent on 08/02/2010

V. · Married on 04/10/2010

newton white was a beautiful venue. we had our reception there. they are prompt with responding and gave us a nice tour. it was worth every penny. the view was wonderful and added a nice ambiance to our wedding!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/08/2009

Oxon Hill Manor is an absolutely gorgeous venue, and I am SO happy we held our wedding ceremony and reception there. Since its owned by PG parks, the price is more reasonable than many similar venues -- and I'm probably biased, but I think this is the most gorgeous venue I've seen - the manor itself; its impressive rooms; the lovely gardens, reflecting pool, and terraces; the view of the Potomac - it's just breathtaking. The staff were very helpful and easy to work with. A couple of drawbacks were that it's only possible to visit during work hours, it books up very quickly (we tried to book a May or June wedding a year in advance, and were lucky to snag someone's August date when they didnt send in their deposit on time), and there are a couple of annoying rules, such as no red wine. But overall, it's a beautiful, beautiful venue with a reasonable price.

Sent on 08/28/2009
  • Z

Zoya · Married on 06/07/2009

I loved the mansion!!. It is one of the best venues in the area. I was able to utilize the beautiful outdoor patio for my ceremony and the cool and airy atrium for my reception. It was truly the best of both worlds. The staff at the Mansion was always available to answer my questions or soothe my concerns. They were a joy to work with. Though the mansion has a lot of rules - I believe that the cost is outweighed by all of the benefits.

Sent on 06/29/2009

Ngoc · Married on 10/11/2008

Even after having visited the Oxon Hill Manor many times before our wedding, my husband and I were still blown away on our wedding day by the beauty of the Manor. The site is perfect with beautiful, well-kept gardens & fountains, spacious rooms to accomodate different parts of the wedding, and breathless decor. Just seeing all the amazed looks on our guests face on our wedding day made us knew we had chosen the most beautiful place to have our wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Neelka · Married on 10/15/2007

This venue is absolutely gorgeous ALL year long. It's situated on a golf course, so we loved all the green and serene environment. The staff was more than helpful, professional, curteous ALWAYS, and friendly. They were so professional, i just LOVED working with them. It made everything SO easy to have such a gorgeous venue. We got married on a Monday, so the price was way-less as well, than it normally would have been, and this was totally fine in the end to do it this way. Highly recommend it!

Sent on 05/04/2008

Pam · Married on 10/13/2007

This venue was wonderful. Years ago, I was engaged and planned to have my wedding there, but it never happened, so when I became engaged again, this was definitely at the top of my list. The facility is wonderful, the staff (especially Marion Rogers) was a joy to work with. The venue had just completed a renovation and it was beautiful. They even have an outdoor patio for the bride who wants an outdoor wedding. The venue was only about 10 minutes from my church, so it worked out perfect. Finally, I had my wonderful wedding reception at PG Ballroom and was not disappointed at all. They have a great enclosed large patio area for the food and bar setup, a wonderful stage area for the head table and the hardwood floors are a wonderful addition. I had 170 guests and the room was more than accommodating and left a large dance floor for partying. Time goes by so fast on your wedding day, so try to enjoy the moment. The facility and staff at this Ballroom are well worth the money, as compared to other venues.

Sent on 10/21/2007

Michelle · Married on 10/08/2007

I have known since I was 15 where I wanted to get married. So when I met the man of my dreams and he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him, the only venue we looked into was the Newton White Mansion. The historic beauty and class of this venue surpassed any other venue we could have considered. The only issue was securing the date because the mansion is booked up to two years in advance. I already knew I wasn't interested in a Saturday wedding but never fathomed a Monday wedding. We made it happen on Columbus Day and the venue was packed to capacity on a Monday. When your guests hear where you are being married, it sets the tone for the event. My guests already knew it would be a memorable event. The staff were very helpful and couteous and respnded to every whim and need of all of our guests. We dressed at the there. The ceremony took place in the courtyard in front of the fountain and it was over 90 degrees in October. The reception was held in the glass atrium and we were able to save on transportation costs and time as we didn't need to travel to different venues. My wedding day was absolutely AMAZING. We wouldn't have changed anything.

Sent on 04/18/2008

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2007

The advice I want to give is to book whatever you need as soon as possible. It came down to almost 2 months before the wedding and we didn't have an officiant and it was hard to find one because everyone was taken. We found someone and they did excellent job. Also make sure you do follow-ups with whom ever you are working with for whatever to make sure they have a complete understanding of what you want. Two days before the wedding I went to check on my cake and they had it all wrong so I made them do it again. Also, this is forthe ladies, make sure you husband is involved. I did just about everything myself and almost lost it. Make sure you have a person to help with everything. I had people to clean up afterwards, take home my gifts, make sure guest were gone at a certain point and to set up. Do not set up yourself. I planned and decorated my wedding so by the time it was time for me to walk down the isle I was tired. Don't do everything yourself. If people offer to help let them. It is also cheaper to if you go to Michaels or some art store and buy the "make your own invitation" kits (looks just like the professionals) and use there decorations. If you do a lot of the stuff yourself your wedding will cost less. A real wedding can cost up to $100,000.00 mine only cost $4500.00. My parents paid for the venue and his parents paid for catering and we bought all of our decorations, invitations, and programs either online or from Michaels. We made almost everything ourselves. And the last and most important, communicate with you spouse. Let them know how you are feeling it helps.

Sent on 10/13/2007