34 Reviews for Elegant Momentz by Kathleen

Altar Decor (1)
Non-Floral (1)
Table Arrangements (1)

3.8

When I first hired elegant momentz it was just for lighting and draping in the barn venue! I was told they do an all in one package which includes all the details, decorating & wedding planning! The decorating aspect, was amazing. There were minor details that I noticed werent the way we planned (flower petals, lanterns, etc) but my guests didnt notice and raved about the decor!! The place were I was a little disappointed was the day of coordination aspect. We paid for this service and I feel like it fell sort. Not only did they srop the ball on aspects of details, but at points of the wedding they were no where to be found. My bouquet with my grandmother (who passed away) brooch was thrown away at the end of the night.... it was very upsetting! I highly recommend them for the decor aspect but make sure you make clear your details, however other aspects feel sort. My day turned out to be amazing but with thanks from many other vendors who lead the planning!

Profile Picture Dawn, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kathleen and her team went above & beyond to make my wedding feel and look exactly how I envisioned. Kathleen is creative, fun, and a visionary, but oh so down to earth and lovable! I so enjoyed working with her and watching my wedding vision come to life. Book Kathleen, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

We used the day of wedding coordinator service and boy, are we glad we did. We pretty much had everything down pat but idea of me running around making sure everything went off without hitch on our wedding day was one thing we did not want be bothered with. Meagan decorated the venue received the flowers and made the space look even more beautiful than it already was. Thank you for everything you did to help make our wedding go so smoothly. We honestly didn’t have to think about anything on the day of other than enjoying the wedding. We are so glad that we found you and would be more than happy to recommend you to all our friends in the future. Thanks again so much.
All our best,
Joanna and Carl

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

99% of my wedding dreams were made possible because of Kathleen and the entire EM team. I had some pretty thorough ideas for my wedding decor, set up and decorations, and Kathleen exceeded my expectations with all of them! I'll never forget the feeling of walking into my reception and seeing every photo and idea I had every shared with her transformed into real life and into my dream wedding. Kathleen was so patient with me and my many, many emails, was totally willing to meet with me when I had questions or concerns, and made every sign I had ever dreamed of having at my wedding! Knowing Kathleen was behind-the-scenes running the show during the day-off was so reassuring as well. I am a very type-A, planner myself, but I knew the day of my wedding I didn't want to be thinking about if the right people were in the right places when they needed to be, and knowing Kathleen had everything under control gave me the greatest peace of mind. She and Jim truly feel like family now, and I cannot thank them enough for dealing with me for 18 month and truly making our wedding the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Janelle, 6/25/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
4.2

We got so many compliments on the "uniqueness" of our wedding. Because it rained, we had both our ceremony and reception in a barn in the exact same location, so a lot of flexibility was required. Even though it wasn't exactly how we'd planned it, EM really ran with what we were given beautifully. Tables were moved and chairs set up for family, and other guests sat at their tables. Oh and the TABLES were amazing. Working with them meant that other costs were included, so Kathleen managed to find enough vintage colorful water goblets for all the tables, mismatched china for all the guests, and even those beautiful farm tables that went so perfectly with our vibe. All of those items were on my "wouldn't it be beautiful but I can't afford it" list. Instead of centerpieces she created lace and greenery runners with apothecary vases in the center and pops of flowers (bought loose at Costco, saved so much $$ from centerpieces!) and she created 20+ signs unique to us that I sent her a list for, which was great because it gave the DIY vibe that I love without me having to do it :). She created a custom LIGHT UP cornhole game which was able to be played well into the night. Day of coordination was a bit spotty but mostly attributed to the rain, change of location, and my husband and I being prone to sitting and laughing at each other making us hard to wrangle. Also if you are a bride who needs your hand held all the time, that might be an issue because this company is IN DEMAND and she will most likely have a wedding every weekend around your wedding and you will not get a lot of emailed responses, which means you will have to be as organized as possible (also a problem if you aren't) in what you want, and also very trusting of her. I definitely put my trust in her and it turned out more beautiful than I had hoped for, and I am so grateful!

Profile Picture Elise, 5/21/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Event Design, Set Up
3.5

This is a great team for the flexible bride who accepts inevitable human error and wants a no-stress rustic wedding. As a slightly more type-A hands-on bride with a non-rustic vision, I learned some lessons.
I hired Elegant Momentz for day-of coordination and decoration. If I had it to do over again, I would’ve only hired them for the lighting/draping component and not the day-of coordination services. In advance of the wedding I had great trouble getting responses from Kathleen and she never once showed up on time to a meeting that we set 1:1 or with vendors. About 2 weeks before the date I started working Megan and she was highly responsive, but for me personally that was a stressful stage in the game to start looking at their creations and ideas to see if they were my vision. On the wedding day, to be fair, I had key vendors fail to meet their obligations and highly inconvenience Kathleen and her team, who were very flexible in adjusting. Kathleen called or texted me frustrated throughout the day as she ran into issues and I spent more of my wedding day on the phone with vendors and assigning groomsmen, friends, etc. to help them deal with logistics than I had intended when investing in a day of coordinator. Lesson: Nothing stresses a bride out more than a stressed coordinator. The DJ knew my schedule and seemed to run the event more than EM, but it worked out.

On décor outside of lighting: Some signs were incorrectly transcribed (names misspelled, titles left off, etc.) from the document I sent, and as a result some of the questions in my wedding scavenger hunt were not answerable. A handful of the decorations that I personally provided were broken upon return due to how the team packaged them, which was particularly frustrating as it was rather expensive. Lighting and a photo opportunities were missing and rental tables were not utilized as we discussed, but at the end of the day guests didn't know and it looked mostly great! Better than I could've alone.

Profile Picture User5051954, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
1.0

I have to say Kathleen is awesome to work with. She did exactly what she said she would and her part of the wedding day looked gorgeous. On the other hand, her husband who works with her and who we did the majority of the contacting, and earlier set up and lighting with, was not the best person to work with. He did not follow through with everything that he had promised us on our wedding day and we paid a pretty penny for their services. We were disappointed.

Profile Picture User5631186, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Hiring Kathleen to coordinate and decorate our wedding was the best decision we made throughout the entire process. She was absolutely amazing. Her team made our wedding stress free and better than we could have ever hoped for. My husband and I were at first a bit dubious that we would actually need her services- we only looked at coordinators because our venue required one. That quickly changed once we met with her and her husband and we are so glad to have worked with them.

Kathleen was able to take the abstract thoughts and feelings my husband and I had about our wedding and turn them into a reality. We met with Kathleen several times throughout the planning process and each time she was incredibly helpful. She guided us through the overwhelming process of planning our wedding, from deciding on style and decorative elements, to structuring the day-of and day-before so it flowed easily, to connecting us with vendors. She collaborated with all our other vendors that day to make sure everything ran smoothly and we had nothing to worry about. Everything we threw at her, she took on and didn’t stop until we were happy. Kathleen has several storage units filled with nearly every decorative element you can think of and if she doesn’t have exactly what you’re looking for, she’ll find it. We had a so much fun sorting through her inventory and picking things out we liked. She is very busy and does many weddings, but you would never know it by the way she makes you feel as you are planning. She is incredibly thoughtful, kind, and creative, and is invested in making your wedding the best it possibly can be. We cannot recommend her enough.

Profile Picture Noelle, 10/25/15, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Elegant Momentz does a beautiful job of draping Bluemont Vineyards. If you are getting married at Bluemont, I definitely recommend having Kathleen do the draping because it really does tie everything together and make the barn even more beautiful. They do a great job and are very responsive and provide detailed information. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

The best decision we made throughout the planning process was hiring Kathleen to be our day of coordinator and decorator for our wedding in Washington, DC. Because of Kathleen, the weeks leading up to the wedding and the day-of were relatively stress free. I knew everything was in good hands, and all I had to concentrate on was having fun with the people I love. Decorating-wise, what she did with the ballroom was just gorgeous, she also created a few signs for us that were a huge hit and heavily photographed. She really listened to us and the decor was exactly what we wanted, nothing over the top, but simple and elegant. She was so friendly and energetic and a real joy to work with. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and cannot thank Kathleen enough for that!

Profile Picture Catherine, 6/13/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Kathleen and Jim and their entire crew did an amazing job on my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting to get an idea of the bride's vision for their big day, to making all the details a reality, the service was terrific. Kathleen really excels at listening and then finding or making the décor items to bring it to life. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Kathleen worked so well with the caterer that I didn't have a single moment of having to worry about logistics - I could just enjoy the day and the party. The number of guests who commented about the beauty of the venue (a converted barn with draping, lights, and décor by Elegant Moments) was astounding - my favorite comment was 'I feel like I have just walked into a Pinterest board.' Kathleen has a huge inventory of beautiful décor items, from rustic antiques, to quirky vases, to tables, and wine barrels, and lawn games - that were all at our disposal. Not only was the day-of easy, but we did not spend months before the wedding finding, buying, making décor items that would then have to be sold on craigs list afterwards. Kathleen also has a great list of vendors she has worked with - we used a DJ, a florist, and a cupcaker recommended by Kathleen - and they were all well-priced and did a fantastic job - and Kathleen coordinated everything with them for set-up/delivery etc. I would highly recommend Elegant Momentz by Kathleen for a beautiful, stress-free event.

Profile Picture User5251349, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Kathleen was able to take my ideas and execute them perfectly when it came to decorating our venue. We took some ideas from other weddings that she had decorated, but also added a few of our own touches. Items that she did not have in her inventory, she searched for weeks until she found exactly what we wanted. She also took the time and hand-made signs and other items to make sure we got exactly what we asked for. The venue was gorgeous and had the rustic feel that we were going for!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/9/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Jim and Kathleen, I just wanted to thank you again for all the work you did on the hall and at the wedding!! Every time I see pictures from the wedding I think "wow! The hall was really beautiful"- all the picture are gorgeous! The ceiling set the mood (exactly what Erika was wanting) couldn't have asked for anything better. We had so many compliments on the ceiling alone! Kathleen, I didn't get to tell you, but Reid(DJ) said he really enjoyed talking with you and you were awesome to work with!! Thanks for everything!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kathleen and her team did an amazing job for our wedding at Bluemont Vineyard. They decorated in exactly the way we'd talked about, turning our visions into reality. The drapes near the ceiling were the best part, but we loved all the little touches, too, especially the lemonade stand and yard games. I'd highly recommend Kathleen -- you can count on her to make your venue look beautiful while you're enjoying your big day.

Profile Picture Alexis, 9/5/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Kathleen is extraordinary! I cannot even begin to articulate how pleased we were with her services. She is organized, flexible, creative, responsive, and enjoyable to be around! She did an excellent job turning my wedding visions into a reality, and she made my venue look exactly like I was hoping it would. Her personal touches at our reception set the tone and many of our guests commented on "all of the little details that were taken into consideration"....I have Kathleen to thank for that! She is a great investment and I am confident that you will be completely satisfied with her work. We loved her, and my wedding day wouldn't have been the same or nearly as beautiful without her!

Profile Picture User3254527, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Hiring Elegant Momentz by Kathleen was the best wedding vendor decision that we made. The venue (the Stable at Bluemont Vineyard) is beautiful but unadorned. Based on just a few conversations that I had with her, Kathleen and her team transformed the venue with rustic decor and added little touches everywhere. She quickly understood my vision and executed it flawlessly. Without Kathleen, it would have taken me months to plan, and I would have had to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to acquire decor that I would never use again. She even let us use her own cornhole set when we forgot ours. She made life easy for me as a bride - she came to my hotel to pick up photos and a few other items I wanted displayed, then packed them up and made sure everything I owned came back with my family.

Profile Picture Melanie, 11/8/13, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We got married at Bluemont Vineyard and had Elegant Momentz/Kathleen (her husband, Jim, also helps out) do our draping and lighting. It turned out absolutely gorgeous. This year they started using a very pretty ivory fabric to drape along the peak of the stable with lights running along each panel. We also had purple and orange lanterns throughout. It was like a fairy tale.
Attached is a 2.5 min highlight video of our wedding which you can catch some shots. Most of them are around the 1min 40 sec mark.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Heather, 8/23/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

When my fiance and I decided to choose Kathleen as our wedding decorator, we had no idea the value we would be getting for our money. Kathleen has a MASSIVE inventory of wedding decor and options that you have full access to, depending on what package you choose. We chose the middle priced package, and it truly was worth a lot more than what it cost.
I met with her a few times before the wedding and she drove a long distance to meet me closer to my home so that I could meet her after work hours. I used her Facebook page as a reference to look at pictures and pick-and-choose items I wanted for my wedding. I had a very clear picture of what I wanted and she would bring up ideas after knowing my "style" and I ended up using almost every one of them. If you ever get married in Loudoun county, especially Bluemont Vineyard, you are in for an extra treat. Kathleen has longstanding relationships with many wedding sites, including where I got married at Bluemont Vineyard. She knew the venue very well, knew most of the other vendors. Bluemont already came with a day-of coordinator, but Kathleen complimented the services that person provided and I felt less stressed knowing the day would run smoothly in their hands. She made sure the schedule stayed on time and that everything was going the way it should, while at the same time maintaining her distance from the guests, in a respectful way (i.e she was not partying on the dance floor and in the wedding pictures :). She also custom made many items for my wedding, with no additional cost. She changed the color of picture frames, added beautiful draping and chandeliers (which she borrows from other vendors if she doesn't have them in her inventory...for no extra cost), made signs with our names and wedding date on them, custom made our seating charts, menu, etc. WE LOVE KATHLEEN & ELEGANT MOMENTZ. Our wedding day was exactly as we pictured it because of her creativity, professionalism, and genuine caring for the bride & groom

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kathleen did an OUTSTANDING job decorating our venue for our wedding. We got married at Bluemont Vineyards in The Stable and we was very familiar with the location. She was able to understand my vision just from a few meetings with me and when I walked into our venue on the day of my wedding it was exactly how I had envisioned it! I am not a very crafty girl, so having her help was critical to actually making our wedding decorations look classy and elegant. She has such a vast inventory of anything you could want and was very flexible with allowing my mom and I to bring in some of our own items. It was such a weight off our shoulders to not have to worry about setting up before or cleaning up afterwards. Her prices were high at first, but when we considered all that she does and the stress she eliminated for us, it was 100% worth it!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/29/13, 5 Reviews
3.6

In the end Kathleen provided beautiful decorations and lighting for the wedding. She coordinated the ceremony and made sure the other vendors were on the same page. Unfortunately she was not as responsive to emails as she should have been and missed some things we wanted done. The mother of the bride ended up doing a lot of the leg work and had to send many, many emails to the vendors. Kathleen needs to up her attention to detail and respond to all emails within 24 hours.

Profile Picture User3327624, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Kathleen was absolutely amazing and helped so much to direct everyone and stick to the plan!! The venue looked absolutely beautiful and I couldn't have imagined it any prettier. There were so many small details that Kathleen added that made the room and ceremony site stunning. The wedding planning and decorating process went so smooth because of Kathleen and her team. I never once had to worry about a thing!! Thank you Elegant Momentz!

Profile Picture Janet, 5/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Kathleen was recommended to me by our photographer. We were having a barn wedding, which is Kathleen's specialty. She provided great ideas and helped us execute our ideas to make our wedding our own. The venue we were using was new to Kathleen but she was so excited to work there and make our wedding and reception everything we wanted it to be. Kathleen and her husband, Jim, did lots of extra touches to "dress up" the inside of the barn but did not take away from its rustic charm. Kathleen's specialty is wedding decoration but she was great as a wedding coordinator too.

Kathleen and Jim worked great with all of our vendors which were all new to each other.

Profile Picture April, 4/20/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

I cannot express enough how great of a job Kathleen did to make our wedding truly the best day of our lives! There is only one word to describe the décor at our reception…STUNNING! I was blown away when I saw the final product first hand before our guests arrived to the reception. Kathleen saved us a lot of money on our linens since our reception venue did not provide their own. The linens were excellent quality and gorgeous! Everything including the floating candle glass centerpieces to the lighting was superb. The cookie table display alone looked as if it could be featured in a wedding magazine. One of the things I like most about Kathleen is how creative and skilled she is to turn an average looking room into a place filled with warmth, ambience, and character. There was no need to spend a lot of money on flowers for décor, since Kathleen has the supplies needed to give an average space that “wow” factor. Most of all, Kathleen is reliable, friendly, and easy to work with. She was there from start to finish making sure our entire reception ran smoothly. Kathleen is truly a life saver when it comes to the stressful planning process and day of events! I am truly grateful for her hard work and devoted time to make our reception “stand out” and be memorable for not only us, but all who attended. WE CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH, KATHLEEN! ~ Megan and James Leeper

Profile Picture User1652137, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other)

Kathleen did an amazing job!! From start tow finish (which was only about 2 weeks since it was a last minute chance of finding out about her services) she was very professional and went above and beyond to make every aspect of my wedding PERFECT! When I arrived from Colorado, I had nothing to worry about or bring, everything was done in a classy way and was everything I had ever imagined. She is such a sweet lady! I would recommend her to anyone :)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Candice, 10/8/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I was going to decorate the venue (Elks Lodge/Compass & Anchor Club in Sterling, Virginia) myself for our wedding, until my husband's cousin recommended Kathleen Wheaton of Elegant Momentz by Kathleen. Because the Lodge is actually the old barn original to Sterling Park, the feat would have been more work than I had time for and the cost for the supplies I needed would have cost much more than Kathleen's fee, not to mention storage of the decorations. Not only did she decorate the space elegantly and capture my vision perfectly, she was my go to person with any questions I had. She would give me advise, ideas and referrals. I never had to worry or stress about any of the planning. Kathleen was there and made sure the day went smoothly. If you have an event and you don't want the worry or hassle of decorating, I highly recommend Elegant Momentz by Kathleen.

Profile Picture Linda, 8/18/12, 5 Reviews