Elegant Events Reviews

46 Reviews for Elegant Events

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Suzy Peters · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful Flowers

Working with Elegant Events and Sheila especially was such as easy and fun process. I shared some photos and ideas with Sheila and she easily captured my ideas into floral designs. She had no problem working within my budget and made it very clear that regardless of my budget, she would not down play my bridal bouquet as it was my special day:) She was very easy to communicate with and through their software program, I always had the most up to date proposal, as I made changes to my requests several times throughout the process. The flowers were delivered to the hotel and venue on time and were absolutely beautiful!!! I loved my bridal bouquet and the bridesmaid flowers added so much to their look! I could not have asked for a better florist than Sheila as she captured my floral wedding vision and made it a reality!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • esther

esther · Married on 10/27/2018

Donielle Warren, Best Wedding Planner

Donielle was amazing, outstanding, helpful, dependable, knowledgeable, creative, responsive, professional, and a wonderful shoulder to lean on. LOOK NO FURTHER. Together with Sheila, her florist partner, they made our vision a reality. The decorations were beautiful, stylish and tasteful. The flowers were amazing to look at, wear and hold. Everything was completed on time and with great care and professionalism. Thank you all at Elegant Events, for your outstanding work. Thank you Donielle and Sheila for everything.

Sent on 11/26/2018

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Donielle, the owner and planner at Elegant Events. If there is a bride reading this who is considering contracting a wedding planner LOOK NO FARTHER! I had to plan a wedding in Philadelphia from Chicago, was applying for school at the beginning of the process and planning a cross-country move at the end and Donielle made everything easy. She's not only phenomenal at her job, she's a pleasure to work with. I now call her a friend. Donielle is professional, organized, and experienced wedding planner. I would recommend her to my friends and family and am so glad she was part of my day.

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elegant Events's reply:

It was truly a pleasure to work with you, the new hubby, and your families as we planned your fabulous destination wedding in Philadelphia. Thank you for letting me and my team plan your day!

Kisha · Married on 08/20/2017

I used Elegant Events for both their design services and day of coordinating. I'm not really into flowers so didn't know much about what to use for my centerpieces. Sheila helped me to decide what flowers would best meet my vision and they looked great at the wedding! The bouquets were beautiful as well. She was very easy to work with and never once seemed frustrated with my many changes/updates. I also worked with Donielle for the day of coordinating. At first I was not going to go with a day of coordinator as I thought my venue would take care of those things. Well I'm glad that Sheila and Donielle made me second guess this decision because Donielle was great and I couldn't imagine my day without her. She was so on point. She came to my house to go over the timeline of events, contacted all my vendors to get all the logistics situated, and my day went so smoothly because of her. Some of my guests even asked for her contact information because of how well she handled everything. Thank you both for all you've done for us!

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • User3782003 · 2+ years ago

The Elegant Events team was amazing! I couldn't ask for better service. They helped me with everything from picking out my wedding dress, ordering my invitations, introducing us to our vendors and to choosing my different color uplighting (just to name a few things). On the day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a thing. If anything went wrong we didn't know about it because the Elegant Events team handled everything. I will be recommending them to all of my family and friends looking to plan any type of event. I can't wait until my next event so we can work together again. Thank you Elegant Events

Sent on 07/24/2015

Elegant Events's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with the two of you. You and your families were delightful.

Sue · Married on 04/27/2013

My daughter and I met Sheila at a wedding show and found her to be easy to talk to and understanding about what we thought was a unique and strained issue. She assured us that nothing was unsolvable and had a calming effect that allowed us to enjoy the entire wedding. She was easy to work with and extremely helpful. Her assistant Twanda was a delight.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Jenna · Married on 04/27/2013

Sheila was a pleasure to work with. She always made us feel like we were on the right track during the planning process. On the day of, she kept everyone cool, calm and collected! She helped us run the day smoothly so we could actually enjoy the wedding without the stress!

Sent on 11/17/2013
  • Tylisha

Tylisha · Married on 11/23/2012

Sheila and her team were phenomenal! I'd recommend them to anyone for any event!!

Sent on 03/11/2013

Sonia · Married on 06/23/2012

I highly 150% recommend Elegant Events. Sheila was very friendly,professional, and made our day stress and hassle free. My wedding would not have turned out to be so perfect had it not been for their services. You deserve nothing but the best on your wedding day and Elegant Events is IT!!!!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Sheila, I can not put into words how thankful Rob Bennett and I are for all the dedication and time you and your team put into our wedding. Everyone you have introduced us to from Conroy Catering/Glen Foerd Mansion, Glass Slipper Productions, Ali Baba Limousine and Hair and Makeup Artist Dawn Lee were all wonderful to work with. We can not even imagine what our wedding would have been like without you and everyone I mentioned above!!! To top it off....Robert and I had an amazing honeymoon at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica!!!! Our family and friends were truly amazed at our wedding and we have you to thank!!! Thank you for being a part of the beginning of our lives together!!!

Sent on 11/11/2011
  • DAVID

DAVID · Married on 09/03/2011

Just two weeks before the wedding, Sheila was a life saver (and a time and money saver). My wife and I had been back and forth about our flowers, we had gotten many quotes from many vendors and none came close to the price or quality that Sheila was able to provide. I will be 100% honest - to this day, I still haven't even met Sheila haha. We spoke on the phone, she offered me her quote in an email, we accepted, I delivered payment - and on our wedding day, everything was just... there! More beautiful than we had ever expected, and worth every penny. She came in more than $1,000 less than our first vendor quote!!! We were more than satisfied with everything that Sheila was able to do for us. I would recommend her to everyone looking for flowers, or for any other service or wedding element.

Sent on 01/20/2012

Beverly · Married on 08/20/2011

your amazing thats all i can say

Sent on 01/23/2012
  • sharita

sharita · Married on 07/23/2011

Me and my hubby were very satistified with the services elegant events provided. Ms. Sheila really went out of her way to make and provide flowers to a bride that called her the night before her wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Ebony · Married on 06/18/2011

At time it my seem stress, but just stay relax and rememeber it's your big day and everything will come together.

Sent on 10/10/2011

Cheryl · Married on 07/09/2010

My vendor was very accommodating with my very busy work schedule when planning our wedding. Always communicate with your people ,so that you wishes will always be address and nothing left to wonder and guess.

Sent on 08/26/2010

Natasha · Married on 07/03/2010

Choosing Elegant Events as my wedding planning team was the best decision that I could have made. Not only were they efficient, talented, and professional, they also cared. All of the staff members under the direction of Mrs. Shelia Corbitt took the time to understand and meet my unique needs as a bride and the needs of my entire wedding party. This company was an amazing asset to my day and I couldn't imagine getting through it all wilth out them. I plan tol use their planning services for all of my major events in the future.

Sent on 07/29/2010

Karin · Married on 11/14/2009

Wedding Coordinator, Sheila Corbett, of Elegant Events was amazing. She thought of every detail; kept us on track; referred us to vendors we needed; helped with rental items; gown & bouquet preservations. David & I are were so relaxed on our wedding day thanks to Sheila & Pam. We were able to enjoy our day with each other and our guests. Our guests complimented us with how beautiful the reception looked & how smoothly the ceremony & reception flowed. Our heartfelt thanks to Elegant Events for a wonderful job.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Monica · Married on 09/27/2009

We hired Elegant Events for our daughter's wedding, We loved the fact that they were willing to come to our home. With so many different schedules between the bride and groom and myself, this made it much easier for us. I was very impressed with elegant events, they handle so many different aspects of a wedding without losing professionalism. My concerns was hiring one place to do it all, flowers, decorating, and coordinating. But i did, and I was glad I did. The centerpieces for the tables were just what we had pictured, from the bridal bouquets to the decorating of the chapel and the ballroom, (I had so many little details to be done in a short period, i wondered how it would come together in a timely fashion) It did, and it was beautiful!!!! Their prices were affordable for both the wedding flowers and the coordinating. We went with the 30day coordinating option,with this pricing it helped us to stay within our budget and still get the benefits of a wedding advisor. So 30days before the wedding Elegant Events handles all details and everything for the wedding day. Professional and down to earth, was always there to help. SHEILA you are the BEST!!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Pays Attention to Detail

Sent on 08/14/2009
  • I

Kim · Married on 05/16/2009

Sheila with Elegant Events is fantastic. We originally met her for our flower needs, and she mentioned that she provides event planning services. She stayed in our budget, and went above and beyond for what we paid. I had wanted my flowers to be abstract, shades of purple and white, and just... different. I showed her a photo from Martha weddings, and it was a wild looking boquet with beefy flowers and a dash of dainty flowers, a very good mix of flowers -- not the "red roses" bouquet. The bridesmaid bouquets were to be more white flowers than purple, and the maid of honor was to be a little larger and purple than the others... and that is *exactly* what I got. I'm not even kidding you when I tell you my bouquet was more than I was expecting, and was absolutely georgeous, as well as the flowers for the girls, guys, and moms. They smelled great, and stayed fresh all day.

I knew I needed white open roses for my centerpieces, in vases I was providing from a private collection of antique milk glass, and really wouldn't settle for something else. I got giant giant giant white open roses in the vases and looked fresh on white linens (white on white reception, if you couldn't guess!).

At the last minute, I got my hands on my husbands late mothers rosary beads, and my late grand mother and late great grandmothers antique pearls that I wanted integrated in my flowers, and Sheila was fab and made all three look excellent.

She suggested we do urns on stands for the ceremony, and I just let her do what she thought would look best, in the color pallate I picked... and they were GIANT!!! they were packed with the same flowers in my bouquet and the girls bouquets, and looked amazing!!

We decided to sign on Sheila for her Day-Of services, and let me tell you, my husband was so thrilled we did because I was starting to melt down with all the things a bride has to do on her own. The 30 Day services was the best idea I've ever heard of. I knew what I wanted, I wanted to hand make alot of things on my own (favors, stationery), and had booked vendors and had things pretty much under control. I needed someone to execute what I wanted, so I could actually enjoy the days leading up to my wedding day. Sheila has every detail taken care of, even if you didn't think of it, and really makes you confident that she has things under control and ready to go -- because she actually does. She executed my rehearsal dinner wonderfully, and only needed to meet with me once to finalize details. Sheila and her crew really understood me and the things I wanted, and my personality and my 'artsy' style, and they were flawless in the things they accomplished and how they really helped me and supported me! On the wedding day, I was a ball of nerves, and she calmed me down and made me super excited and I truly felt comfortable. I would ABSOLUTELY suggest Sheila for any type of planning service as well as flower services for your day!!!

Sent on 06/08/2009

Lorraine · Married on 05/09/2009

My wedding planner was absolutely the best. She made us feel more like family than customers.

Sent on 06/04/2009

Gail · Married on 03/28/2009

This was absolutely the best investment I made in the wedding! Although I only used the essential services for the last 30 days, Sheila executed what I had planned to a tee. Everything was perfect and exactly as I had planned. I had an absolutely stress-free wedding experience as a result of the excellent service provided.

Sent on 04/02/2009
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/19/2008

Elegant Events made all my dreams come true!! Sheila is the best!!

Sent on 12/07/2008

Denise · Married on 09/27/2008

I wasn't planning on using a planner but the "Month of Service" was excellent. It got me through the toughest time of the event planning, finalizing with all the vendors and being there to coordinate the wedding day so I could relax and enjoy the event. I hardly knew what was going on the day of the event but heard later about all the things they did behind the scenes that made everyones day better. I got nothing but praises about Elegant Events personnel after my wedding. I would suggest it to anyone who is having an event not at a "Wedding Place", like at your home (like mine), or where there isn't already a coordinator. They were great at the church as well. I didn't need to have anyone there to wait for the flowers, and bridal party. They are great, I would use them again.

They also did my flowers for the bridal party and they were gorgeous.

Sent on 12/04/2008

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2008

Shelia and her team provided excellent service to insure that our wedding ran as smoothly as possible. They did a great job! Our wedding was perfect and I would not change a thing. I would highly reccomend Elegant Events to anyone planning a wedding, they are worth every penny.

Sent on 07/26/2008