Elegant Event Planning and Design Reviews

33 | Reston, VA

33 Reviews for Elegant Event Planning and Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Caudrean · Married on 07/11/2009

Elegant Event Planning & Design helped us have a beautiful wedding!! We are so grateful to Lisa Nelson for all her help during the final stages of our wedding planning process and wedding day! Everything was absolutely gorgeous, and was exactly how we imagined it would be. We hired Lisa to help us in the final stages of wedding planning since we live in NC and the wedding was going to be in MD.

She even helped with unexpected catastrophes...for example...ordering brand new wedding invitations one month before the wedding...since our previous vendor gave us poor quality in the original invitations we ordered. We couldn't believe that was happening to us one month before the wedding! We called Lisa and asked if she could help. Sure enough, she came through and helped rush invitations to us. There were a few snags with getting the rush order, but all in all it really was great to have her help resolve that huge problem as efficiently as possible.

She ran our wedding rehearsals...thank goodness...because I turned into a basketcase the day before the wedding. Despite that, she helped keep everything together and running smoothly. The day of the wedding she was very calm and reassuring as well. Our wedding day went without a hitch. The wedding venue had their own coordinators. Lisa worked very well with them to help us have exactly what we wanted on our special day. I never had to think of anything...and if anything went wrong (I'm sure it did)...I had no idea about it...Lisa had things under control!

Best of all, Lisa had a personality that was so genuine. We felt like we gained a friend during our wedding planning process. My husband and I are so happy we made the decision to have Elegant Event Planning & Design help us pull off our wedding day. It was a choice we will never regret.

Lisa, we are so blessed to have met you!!

Sent on 09/10/2009

Claire · Married on 01/02/2010

Lisa was hired as our day of coordinator, but she did much more than that. She identified several other vendors, which we ended up hiring and she helped with coordination and communication with the hotel. We had a couple of issues (the band needed insurance was one) which she helped us get through. One the day of she worked well with the hotel staff to make sure everything went smoothly. I was glad that she was available to me to bounce ideas and questions off of.

Sent on 01/22/2010

Adrienne · Married on 05/23/2009

3.5

Lisa was always available when I needed her and attended to every need and task I asked of her. It was a pleasure working with her and she helped make our wedding day wonderful.

Sent on 06/20/2009

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2006

I hired Lisa to help me find a reception venue, as well as to be my DOC. She is super-organized and did a great job coordinating with all of the other vendors. One of my other vendors even commented on how great it was to work with her. She went above and beyond on the day of the wedding to ensure that we were happy. When she discovered that we forgot to bring our votive candles to the reception site, she ran out and purchased more. It poured rain the day of our wedding and we had planned on having our ceremony outside and the reception in a tent with tiki torches lighting the path from ceremony to reception; when I arrived at the site, the first thing I saw was Lisa and her assistant in their rain jackets setting up the tiki torches just in case it stopped raining (which it did). Now that is dedication!

Sent on 09/22/2007

Jan · Married on 06/22/2008

Lisa Nelson and her assistant Lisa were a pleasure to work with from the start. Lisa was always professional and a great resource for any questions I had about the planning process. I don't know how many miles we logged in emails over 15 months, but it was a lot. Lisa also helped keep me focused and calm during stressful times, like when our caterer vanished! She was exceptionally interested in making our dreams for our wedding a reality.

Our wedding was lovely! I truly believe Lisa has connections because the predicted rain held off until after the sunny ceremony took place beside the pond (geese and all)! There were so many vendors and 'things' to coordinate, but I knew Lisa and Lisa would make sure we could be guests at our own wedding. Also, we loved our photographers (recommended by Lisa). The preview photos we've seen are wonderful and just what we wanted.

Advice to brides just beginning the process -- a wedding planner, like Lisa, is the one person you can email or call when you're feeling overwhelmed and stressed who can reassure you based on their years of experience that everything WILL work out just the way you imagine. And even if some of the little things don't happen (like sparklers when you leave the reception), you'll be so happy on your wedding day they won't even matter. Save the sparklers for your one-month anniversary!

Very satisfied customers & newlyweds,
    Jan & Harry Taylor

Sent on 07/10/2008
  • Mrs.Frey

Kimberly · Married on 09/27/2008

4.2

I hired Lisa and her team about two months before my wedding to help me wrap up all the loose ends of our wedding and provide me with an extra set of hands in the last few weeks before the wedding. I was thankful for the help and insight that Lisa and her staff provided in closing up the details of the wedding and know I would have been going crazy without the assurance that I had someone in my corner to handle any issues that would arise during the day (thankfully nothing big did).

Hiring Lisa and her team of Valerie and Lisa was well worth it!

Sent on 10/24/2008

Amirah · Married on 05/27/2007

4.2

This vendor was very well prepared for the wedding day. I especially appreciated how accommodating she was considering my wedding venue was out of the state.

Sent on 11/23/2007

Emily · Married on 06/07/2008

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We used Elegant Event Planning for "day of" wedding planning services. I was really glad we decided to hire a planner - she thought of all of the little things that I would not have considered. The things I really loved - the timeline provided for the day of the wedding (this was a HUGE help), assistance in finding vendors that we had not already booked, confirmation for all of our other vendors and coordination with them on the timeline, attentiveness at the reception, ability to keep the reception on schedule so we didn't miss anything. Areas for improvement - the person we worked with seemed to be rather softspoken and shy so she was not the best at telling people what to do at the rehearsal, and I expected her to be more professionally dressed for the wedding and the rehearsal (in particular).

Overall I was happy with the services provided and the costs were less than several other comparable planners in the area.

Sent on 06/23/2008