Elegant Event Lighting Reviews

147 | Schaumburg, IL

147 Reviews for Elegant Event Lighting

Sara · Married on 09/28/2013

EEL made our fairytale wedding look more magical than ever! I provided Jay with a picture of a design that struck my eye for a headtable backdrop & he and his crew made it happen & then some! When we walked into the room to see their creation I was speechless.......
    The ivory backdrop design was constructed to perfection & was everything I had imagined...During our meetings with Jay it was apparent that I was all about the "bling" for our reception & so it was such a fabulous surprise to see the added rhinestone cuffs that gathered the material of each section of the backdrop...Also we had a monogram "M" to be shined in the middle of the backdrop & Jay went above and beyond to match the very exact same font as the "M" on our invitation... Talk about personalization! That is what EEL is all about! The management & staff at our venue raved about how the decor/lighting just "made" the room...It certainly did & it also made our wedding reception & photos lasting memories...Everytime I look at a picture of the decor/lighting it puts a big smile on my face :)

Sent on 10/03/2013

We hired EEL after sending out a few 'feeler' emails to a couple different companies. They were the first to respond with a thorough description of what they offered, costs, availability, EVERYTHING! It was so easy to work with them. I actually never was able to meet with them in advance, so we did everything via email.

On the day of the wedding, I was running around like a crazy person. The one thing I did remember seeing during set up was about 4 EEL employees meticulously draping this beautiful, gauzy fabric. It was very time and labor intensive, but before I knew it, they were all done and the room looked phenomenal. They were very professional, easy to work with, and gave us exactly what we want at a good price.

I loved everything they did for us, and would not hesitate to recommend them for their services.

Sent on 03/31/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/07/2013

We hired EEL for our 9/7/2013 wedding at the Art Institute of Chicago. Jay and his team were simply fantastic! Creative, but also so professional and responsive. A rare combo in the event planning world. They did a very complex custom dance floor and executed it flawlessly in a tight time frame. The lights were also amazing and set the mood perfectly. We received so many complements on the decor...our guests were just wowed! We just loved working with EEL and the final product! I would highly recommend you to anyone having an event! Great value and service to the extreme!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Denise · Married on 08/11/2013

I HIGHLY recommend Elegant Event Lighting!! Jay was extremely easy to work with; he was accessible , friendly, patient, creative, reassuring,and just a pleasure. My daughter's wedding was in our garden and the reception was at the Kenilworth Club. Jay and Tracy and Erin created a beautiful effect with hanging Mason Jars with Candles and Cafe Lights strung artfully across the ceiling. It meshed perfectly with her rustic theme of wildflowers, burlap,branches, ivory silk ribbon, hydrangeas, and smaller mason jars all over the club.Everyone was enchanted and many, many guests commented about the lighting to me and our family.Thank you Jay! We will definitely be using Elegant Event Lighting for our future weddings!

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • Foustonzo

Kristyn · Married on 06/29/2013

Jay at Elegant Event Lighting provided the most elaborate draped backdrop for our wedding! The backdrop made the room look so regal! The team also set up pin spotting on our tall centerpieces and cake. The room was glowing with beauty after the Lighting team was through. Jay was also very easy to work with, he was able to suggest what would look great but design around what we wanted. Right before the wedding, the venue decided to throw this huge cost at us for using their electricity, Jay was able to devise a plan to save us money but appease the hotel as well. I am so thankful we used Elegant Event Lighting for the final details of our wedding! The room was gorgeous!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Katie · Married on 06/29/2013

Elegant event lighting went above and beyond our expectations! They were professional and very personable throughout the whole experience. We were blown away when we walked in the room and saw what they had done. You can not go wrong with this company.. They are amazing!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

My ceremony/reception was at Meridian Banquets. The ceremony room isn't very pretty, so I tried to figure out ways to make it better. I googled wedding drapes and came across Jay Sims at Elegant Event Lighting. We emailed back a forth a few times while I tried to figure out my budget. He explained how he could dress up the room for my preliminary budget... drapes on the back wall, uplighting, stage cover and aisle runner. I made an appointment a few months later when I finally figured out my set budget (nearly double what my preliminary budget was). We added on lighted pedestals and pin spots for the ceremony room and draping and uplighting for behind the head table in the reception hall. The pictures on the website definitely don't do EEL justice. My rooms were stunning! Family that came to our rehearsal kept telling me how much different/amazing the ceremony room looked with the draping. I only ended up spending around $2,200 which was amazing for all of the stuff that I got.

Call Jay and make an unattractive room STUNNING!!!

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • User2520191 · 2+ years ago

Elegant Event Lighting provided the lighting and draping for our wedding, and the room was gorgeous...just how we envisioned it. Jay was fabulous to work with - very responsive and attentive to all our requests. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone looking for great lighting and decor experts. Their pricing is also very competitive.

Sent on 08/02/2013

Eboni · Married on 04/13/2013

Thank you so much for making my Daughter’s wedding vision come true. Jay, while you may not be David Tuatara you came very close to it if not better. My daughter, her groom, and our guest were so amazed at the beauty of the Ceremony site for the Wedding it brought tears to my eyes, and the Backdrop and up lighting for the Reception was Fantastic! I knew we discussed the Type of Backdrop and the color of the Up lighting, but the beauty of it was far more than we expected. You promised me it would be gorgeous, it was beyond gorgeous! It truly looked light something out of a magazine and my daughter said it was everything she had hoped for.

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • F

Fred · Married on 12/08/2012

Jay absolutely transformed our venue with his work. It was unbelievable.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Morgan · Married on 12/08/2012

Lighting truly makes a difference in the feel of the reception room and your photos. Elegant event lighting transformed the ballroom to a gorgeous elegant and romantic feel with our purple uplights, dance floor lit monogram and the draping of the doors leading into the room. Jay was easy to work with and the value couldn't be beat. Well worth it the cost!

Sent on 12/18/2012

Julie · Married on 12/01/2012

Elegant Event Lighting was an absolute pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend their services to any couple looking to add a little something extra to their reception room. My husband and I decided at the last minute that we wanted a fabric backdrop and uplighting for our wedding. After reading all the positive reviews we contacted Elegant Event Lighting. We had a quote very quickly, and a contract signed in a day. They were very professional to work with, and the day of our wedding everything was set up and ready to go without any issues. Our room looked beautiful and I'm so happy we decided to go with Elegant Event Lighting. I would definitely recommend them to all my friends.

Sent on 12/22/2012

Elegant Event Lighting absolutely made my wedding beautiful. They provided lighting and decor for both my ceremony and reception. Because the ceremony and reception were in the same location, EEL was able to make the room look like two completely different settings. All of our guests just loved our decor.

Jay and Tamara were wonderful to work with and very attentive and flexible with our wishes and needs. I would recommend EEL to anyone that wants to add something special to their wedding!

Sent on 10/25/2012

We used EEL for 2 things - a white dance floor cover and some drapery to cover the windows. The white dance floor looked amazing! It really made the white tent that we had our reception in look even better. The drapery was used to cover some doors that guests could not exit out of and EEL did a fantastic job! The doors were in the middle of the tent and you could not even tell there were doors there; the drapery fit in perfectly with the tent draping. I worked with Jay to get all of the contract details worked out and he was very friendly and attentive. When he was out of the office I received prompt responses from David and he seemed very knowledgeable on our contract. We would definitely recommend EEL!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Maureen · Married on 09/15/2012

We had EEL provide the backdrop for the ceremony and reception in addition to an extra wide aisle runner. From the very beginning process of getting quotes and trying to figure out what we wanted vs. what we could afford, Jay at EEL was terrific. He was very quick to respond to all requests. The day of the wedding the crew were great - very professional and extremely flexible in offering last minute changes to the room setup to make it look more intimate. Would highly recommend this company.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2012

I just wanted to say THANKS so much again for everything, EEL truly did make my wedding a dream come true!!!!!!!!!! Everything from the tent to the reception hall and more, looked absolutely breath-taking!!!!!! I was so pleased with how everything came together and cannot thank YOU and your team enough for all you did to make it perfect for us!!!!!! I am so glad I was able to work with such a reliable, helpful, supportive an AWESOME company!!!!! You guys really are the best out there!!!

Thank you a million times Jay and team for helping me with choices and options and always giving your ideas when I was not 100% sure what to do. I am so grateful for your experience in this industry and the level of expertise!!

Everyone at the wedding is still talking about the transformation of the ceremony tent and the reception hall and how unique the lighting was and the amazing dance floor!! More than half of the wedding said it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony and reception they have EVER been to! The draping, the lighting, every single thing we did was worth it!!! They couldn't believe what we did to make it so magical and elegant and its all thanks to you and your amazing ideas and help!!!!!!

I cannot thank you enough Jay and EEL!! And to anyone that is reading this and is getting married, PLEASE let EEL do your wedding too, if you truly want to have the Wedding of Your Dreams!!

Sent on 10/04/2012

alia · Married on 08/26/2012

Jay Sims at Elegant Event Lighting was a pleasure to work with. They did a great job adding a touch of hot pink lightining for my wedding and I was very pleased with the overall look of the room. Thank you!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Peggy · Married on 08/18/2012

It was a last minute decision to add uplighting to my daughters wedding. It was one of the best decisions we made. Elegant Event Lighting was so helpful in choosing the best options and value for our event. The soft warm glow of the lighting in the ballroom added a beautiful touch to the room! I am so extremely happy we made this choice & selected Elegant Event Lighting to provided those services.

Sent on 09/08/2012

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2012

I hired Elegant Event Lighting for my July wedding at the Ivy Room. Jay was a pleasure to work with and helped make my vague vision for the lighting at my wedding become a reality. When thinking about the overall design and aesthetic, I knew that I wanted it to feel romantic and intimate for our 85 guests. After choosing beautiful centerpieces with Dilly Lily filled filled with hydrangeas, roses, and peonies, my then-fiance and I decided to shop around for lighting vendors. After talking to a few lighting firms, we hired Jay and Elegant Event. As soon as I described my vision of the romantic and intimate setting, along with our flower arrangements, he worked with us to create soft amber up-lighting and an ivy pattern on the walls to accent the space, along with iron lanterns suspended above the tables to create an intimate and ethereal environment for my guests. The room looked absolutely beautiful the day of the wedding, and all of my guests are still talking about how beautiful the décor and lanterns were. I highly recommend Jay and Elegant Events to any future brides!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Aurelia · Married on 07/07/2012

For our wedding we needed a BIG venue due to the immense number of guests(650) so we ended up reserving Exhibition Hall West Wing at Kane County Fair Grounds. Before EEL did its magic it just looked like a big storage garage. EEL transformed the place and it looked completely different. They gave it the sense of elegance it needed. I was amazed when I saw how wonderful and different it looked. I couldn't be any happier with the work they did. Everyone complemented me on the decor! EEL staff was very helpful, friendly, flexible, and responsible. Definitely a great experience! I will use their services again in the future without a doubt!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Patricia · Married on 07/07/2012

Jay and his crew were responsible for the lighting for my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception. From planning to execution they did a wonderful job. They worked closely with the florist and the Drury Lane staff and the outcome was truly beautiful. We couldn't have been more pleased I would highly recommend Elegant Event Lighting.

Sent on 10/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2012

I was not 100% on board with having uplighting and ceiling swag for our wedding, but my mom finally convinced me it would look nice in our relatively minimalistic, open venue space. Jay at Elegant Event was extremely helpful and professional from the start -- he knew the venue well and was able to make recommendations as well as accomodate for what I wanted. We went with purple uplighting, and It was extremely important for me that the lights were not pink at all (more blue than purple) -- it seems so picky, but Jay and his team gave us exactly what we had asked for! We also had them do ceiling draping, with 3-4 bolts of fabric draped from the center of ceiling out across the room. It looked absolutely beautiful -- I think that was the finishing touch on our space! I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking for lighting or decor at reasonable prices!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Angela · Married on 04/28/2012

There are no words to describe how beautiful the work that EEL did for us. They literally TRANSFORMED our space!! We had them use draping to separate the ceremony(which was on the dance floor) from the tables in the surrounding areas, and also had up lighting. When I walked it just before the wedding and saw what they did I started bawling my eyes out immediately... I couldn't even take in what I was seeing it was so amazing! They surpassed my expectations by a 1,000 percent. I had faith that they would do a good job, Jay had shown me some really nice pictures, but what we actually got was so beyond my hopes. Thank you so much Jay, you literally stole the show. I am sad I didn't get to meet you since I was hiding in the bridal room, but please know how much every single person loved what you did. My mom also started crying when she saw it. I wish I could say more to tell you how amazing it was but I just can’t find the words....

Sent on 05/04/2012

Tracy · Married on 04/21/2012

Absolutely love Elegant event lighting. My wedding was at Fultons on the River. Jay and company did a beautiful job uplighting and draping the room for our reception. They also decorated and designed a canopy for us to marry under. From the beginning to the end they were very helpful in planning my perfect day. The rooms were breathtaking. There isn't one negative thing I can say about the company and all the people behind it. AMAZING!!!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Kimberly · Married on 03/24/2012

Lighting was a last minute decision for us. We used the sister company of Elegant for our DJ and happen to be in there one day and mentioned lighting. We ended up getting a blue wash for our tent reception. It was absolutely beautiful!! It made the tent look amazing. Received many compliments on how pretty the tent looked with the crystals chandeliers, drapery, flowers, linens, etc. Being last minute Jay was able to work with my husband to make it all happen. So glad we did it!!!

Sent on 04/28/2012