127 Reviews for Elegant Event Entertainment

One Event Per Day (2)
Photobooth (2)
Bilingual MC (1)
Uplighting (1)

We had DJ Josh at our wedding and I couldn't stop dancing! As soon as I talked to Chris, I knew Elegant was the right DJ for us. There planning system is really easy and it was fun to be able to pick all the songs we wanted to hear, as well as make special requests. We had a Skype meeting with Josh a few weeks before the wedding to get to know each other and to talk about the vibe we were going for. He was really accommodating when it come to some special request we had — I wanted to do a special Irish dance and he waited until me and my dad were ready before playing it. He also put together a super fun Beyonce mix to play instead of a bouquet toss! Josh was really fun and kept the party going until the very last song. I danced SO MUCH! Great guy, great company, and a super great value!

Profile Picture Emily , 3/17/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding was an absolute blast and it was all because of our fantastic DJ. Chris was always two steps ahead of us and knew exactly what we wanted. From our incessant set-up requests, to multiple life performances, to the exact playlist we wanted, he knew what he was doing the entire time. They made our wedding incredible and people danced the ENTIRE night!!!

Profile Picture Molly, 10/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Elegant Event Entertainment did such a great job with out wedding! We had DJ Ray and he was great. He did a great job of incorporating our requests as well as guest requests into the playlist. One of our guests even told us Ray was the best wedding DJ they ever heard! Everyone had such a great time on the dance floor. Thank you Ray!

Profile Picture Karen, 7/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Elegant events is seriously amazing! We were so happy that we selected Elegant Event to be our wedding DJ. They returned all our calls and answered all our questions in both a timely and professional manner. We had met with 2 other companies prior to Elegant that weren't a good fit. Daryl was seriously amazing. A DJ can really make or break an event. Darryl played most of the songs that we had picked, all at the appropriate times. He had the exact right level of involvement as an MC. We got so many compliments on his service. I cannot say enough about how great of a job he did.

Profile Picture Marissa, 7/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC
3.2

EEE was on my preferred vendor list for my venue, so it seemed wise to choose a DJ that knew the space well for our outdoor wedding. I had a nice call with Chris before booking, and he offered their photobooth services as well saying it could be open air which was very important to me. I had a bit of regret when I heard it was actually a booth owned by our DJ Daryl and saw the sample templates he created for prints. But we booked anyway and my fiance and I decided to design our own template to ensure it matched our wedding. The night of our wedding DJ Daryl was great, but the photobooth was sub-par. The moment it got dark the photos were extremely over-exposed. We were using the prints for our guestbook and it basically ruined how it looked with guest faces so white you couldn't tell who it was. When I spoke to Chris and Daryl, they claimed our guests must have tampered with the equipment during the attendant's dinner break. Even if that did happen (which I didn't see), how does the attendant continue without notifying Daryl there's a problem? I was extremely disappointed he didn't offer a full refund. We got back $200, and I learned my lesson to trust my gut next time.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Photobooth, Sound/PA System

Book this vendor! Top Notch!!!

Profile Picture Beverly, 8/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Loved Chris with Elegant Event Entertainment! We chose EEE to DJ at our wedding, and they were easy to work with, quick to respond, had a great online portal for us to chose songs, and sat down with me before the wedding to go over any last minute details! We had a string quartet for the ceremony and cocktail hour, but EEE provided mics so we could make sure everyone could hear it. Then when it was their turn to DJ at dinner, they played our favorite songs from rom-coms like Sleepless in Seattle, My Best Friend's Wedding, While You Were Sleeping, and then played a mix of old and new dance music for the reception. Everyone had a great time on the dance floor, and they didn't play any of my "Do not play" songs (like the Cha Cha Slide). Super happy with them! Would definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Andrea, 8/6/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I got married on June 26th, 2016. We came across Elegant Events Entertainment (“EEE”) as they were recommended to us by our coordinators at our venue. Daryl was our DJ for our big day and we could not have asked for a better experience or better DJ. Throughout the process, Daryl kept in touch with us and made sure he knew exactly what we wanted out of our big day. The portal that you set up for your big day through the EEE was so helpful in getting ideas for all of the main songs for the whole day. My husband and I are extremely indecisive, and just wanted everyone to get out on the dance floor and enjoy the party and Daryl provided the perfect atmosphere for just that. The DJ completely sets the tone for your entire wedding and our guests are still complementing us on how amazing our whole day was. Daryl ensured everything ran smoothly, and there was not a single thing that went wrong. The sound system was perfect for the ceremony and reception. We could not consider ourselves more fortunate that we chose EEE for our big day and that we had Daryl with us every step of the way.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/26/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

You won't be disappointed if you book with EEE. Our DJ, Daryl hosted our daughters' wedding at Walnut Grove in Moorpark and did a phenomenal job. The dance floor was packed the whole night! He went above and beyond to make sure our event was the best it could be. He and the company are so easy to work with - what's most important to them is that your event is the best. We got their name from the preferred vendor list from our venue.

Profile Picture Robin, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance

Elegant Event Entertainment is the real deal! From when we first met with Chris all the way through planning and executing our wedding, they are professionals who know exactly what they're doing.

We had the pleasure of working with Ray who was new to EEE, but treated us well from the beginning. He was always available to talk and encouraged us throughout the planning process. He feels like family now and we are grateful to have someone who seemed like they actually cared about us.

It's clear why this company has only 5-star reviews. They have mastered the art of DJ-ing and know how to throw the best parties. I am going to recommend EEE to all of my engaged friends or anyone who is looking for the best DJs in LA. Affordable, personable, fun, does it get any better?! Thanks EEE for making our big day one to remember and for all the amazing work that you do. We truly are so grateful!

Profile Picture Nicholas, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris is a wonderfully professional, highly talented DJ. His online planning system made preparing our wedding day a breeze! He made the dance floor epic - literally had every one of our guests on the dance floor for an epic last dance and for most of the other songs leading up to it! Thanks, Chris!

Profile Picture Meredith, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jason and Chris were simply amazing. The one-two punch of Jason as MC and Chris on the ones and twos made our event amazing with a perfect soundtrack. Not only did they assist with the timeline and music choices, but they also provided some additional uplighting making our dancefloor look incredible with the city skyline. Their website is easy and fun to use, they personally met with us twice to ensure that our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. No amount of praise is enough for the amazing work and time that both Jason and Chris put in to make our day the best. As much as I wanted to have a live band, I stand corrected as the DJ experience was so much better than I could have ever imagined.

Profile Picture Gregg, 2/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had no issues with our DJ. Our meetings ahead of time were incredibly reassuring and informative. He worked with us on our style of music, and when he felt like we hadn't given him a good enough idea, he probed for more instead of just taking it on himself, which I appreciated. It showed a genuine desire to be producing what the customer wanted. We had very little in the way of traditional weddings (no cake cutting, garter toss, bouquet toss, etc) so he was really just there to keep the party going! And our pictures would indicate he did just that - there were consistently people on the dance floor! He also managed my weird request for my father daughter dance without even batting an eye. Great company to work with.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Emily, 10/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

DJ Chris rocked the house. Thank you again for doing such an amazing job at our wedding. We wished it could have gone all night.

Profile Picture User5388688, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris Mortillaro provided music that made our wedding reception unforgettable. He kept the various wedding activities on schedule and kept everyone dancing all night! He met with us a few weeks before the wedding to discuss what types of music we liked and if there were any songs we did or did not want played at the reception. Elegant Event Entertainment also provided lighting that brought our venue to a new level. I highly recommend this company if you are in the Southern California area.

Profile Picture User4160763, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.7

Chris at EEE was amazing to work with. Very even-keeled and savvy about what will keep people happy and on the dance floor. He was easy to work with, gave great suggestions, and wasn't the cheesy DJ my family so dreaded AT ALL! Everyone at the party, from 10 year olds to 86 year olds, were on the dance floor (seriously) and commented on what a great job he did. Two weeks later, people are still talking about that dance party! It was the best part of the night, other than getting married of course. Thank you Chris!

Profile Picture Ruth, 7/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Overall, my husband and I are very happy with our experience with Elegant Events Entertainment. We had the pleasure of working with Graham and found him to be friendly, professional and flexible to make sure we were always on the same page. He had asked a lot of great questions from the very first meeting to ensure that he understood what we wanted out of a DJ/MC for our wedding. He offered a lot of suggestions and ideas on our timeline and blending in special dances. The ability to use their website for song selection, timeline rough drafting, and other wedding details was very convenient. Our wedding was perfect and Elegant Event Entertainment/Graham was a huge part of making it happen!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/5/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

I absolutely loved DJ O'Ryan! He definitely did his homework in order to make our wedding day special. We had an ancient Greece theme for the reception and cocktail hour, and with just a few samples of music I sent him, he put together the most beautiful playlist of ancient Greek music. He also had just the right energy and level of interactiveness--he kept the party going, but didn't take over the wedding.

Profile Picture Raishel, 5/31/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the absolute best experience with Elegant Entertainment at our wedding! From our first phone conversation we knew that Jason was the perfect DJ for us. He was persaonable, professional and collaborative. He worked with us on all our special requests and made our reception an incredible experience for us, and all of our guests! Everyone had a great time, and many people commented on how great the music was throughout the night. Thank you Jason for being such a wonderful part of our wedding!

Profile Picture Alison, 3/28/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are beyond happy with DJ O'Ryan! He was incredibly professional, friendly, and very flexible. We had some guests that just couldn't wait to dance right after dinner, and DJ O'Ryan was more than ready to adjust to the needs of our guests! He played incredible music that kept the guests happy all night long! Really, he became more of a guest than anything. Everyone loved him and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. We highly recommend him to anyone wanting a great party!

Profile Picture Crystal, 10/5/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

CHRIS AT ELEGANT EVENT ENTERTAINMENT MADE MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING TRULY SPECIAL. THE MUSIC WAS SPOT ON AND HE KEPT THE PARTY GOING. HE WAS A GREAT MC AND VERY PERSONABLE AND PROFESSIONAL. WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND HIM AND HIS COMPANY.

Profile Picture JO, 8/31/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ O'Ryan of Elegant Event Entertainment played at our wedding just this past Friday at Eden Gardens. He was so great and played everything we requested! We had a special set list of songs that were important to my husband and he took the time to research them all. He mixed both of our cultures and everyone had a blast. He was upbeat and got the crown into it..Very prompt and professional-i would highly recommend him to do any event! (and not that it totally matters but..lady guests made sure to tell me he was easy on the eyes too..haha.)
Thank you DJ O'Ryan!!!

Profile Picture Randi, 8/15/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

We had Graham as our DJ for our wedding. He was really great to work with and kept our ceremony moving and everyone dancing. We had to rebook a DJ from a different company kind of last minute due to some issues and Graham and Elegant Events swooped in and saved our day. He met with us and got a feel for what music we liked. Really listened to us and realized how important the right music was for our wedding. We never got that feeling from our previously booked DJ. We had a few special requests and secret plans that my wife and I didn't know each other was planning and he never slipped once. I don't know he kept it all straight. We had the most perfect wedding and Graham was a big part of that. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a professional and fun DJ that will listen to what you want and ensure you have the best ceremony possible.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Daryl was truly great to work with! He followed our song suggestions as well as added a few of his own that fit the dynamic of the group and got people to dance (a sure sign of a great wedding, right?) We had a mixed crowd of young people who loved dancing and older guests less inclined to dance, and Daryl was able find the happy medium to ensure all guests were having an enjoyable time. He also worked with our schedule and made sure the photographers were present at all important events (from the bouquet toss to the cake cutting) so all of our special moments were captured as he announced them. Picking a DJ is so much more than just music; you have to also find one who is organized, on top of scheduling, has the ability to MC the event as well, since the smoothness of the event from start to finish really depends on the DJ. My husband and I were very happy Daryl was able to DJ our wedding :)

Profile Picture Holly, 7/18/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Right after we got engaged, we went to a wedding and Chris from Elegant Events Entertainment was the DJ. The wedding was a BLAST and we knew we wanted to book with them. Chris was already booked for our wedding, and Jason Jones agreed to DJ. We could not have been happier-he is amazing! The company is incredibly professional and I never worried about anything.

Jason is a great leaders-he listened to all of our ideas and helped build a music list for the evening that perfectly captured our interests. He completely understood the energy of our friends and kept everyone dancing and having an incredible time.

Thank you to Jason and his team!!!

Profile Picture User3679197, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews