83 Reviews for Carbonneau Bridal & Formalwear

Veils (2)
Hair Accessories (1)
Jewelry (1)
Shoes (1)

I was so impressed by my recent experience at Elegance by Carbonneau. Right when I entered, I liked the clean, elegant and comfortable atmosphere. All of the workers were dressed in black with professional make up and were very friendly. Kyla O'Neill approached me immediately and after getting a good idea of what I wanted she got started picking out dresses. It didn't take her long to pick out dresses that were exactly what I was looking for. She also asked me to point out any dresses that I was interested in and she pulled those. After trying on the dresses , I ended up picking the style I had never even thought of but fell in love with it when Kyla brought it over to me. She gave me lots of time to try on the top contenders back to back and with different veils. She also gave me some great suggestions on color combos for the color that I was considering. During my visit I saw a woman getting her makeup done by another worker and it looked great! I bought the dress today and was pleasantly surprised to get 10 % off the price because it was a trunk show week! I also found out that Carbonneaus' does everything else too - from invitations to tuxes. I would highly recommend Elegance by Carbonneau and Kyla!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride

Elegance by Carbonneau is amazing. I bought my dress here a few weeks ago, I came for trunk show and Rylee was super amazing and helpful. She was able to show me other styles and what did or didn't work for my body. Once she put me in my dress though, it made me feel so beautiful. i highly recommend coming here, everyone was so nice, they really made the experience enjoyable.

Profile Picture Kelsey, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Carbonneau's dressed my entire wedding party, from my dress, to the bridemaids, to the groom and groomsmen, to the fathers, to the mother of the bride, Carbonneaus's was our one stop shop. Kyla kept me so calm and always handled any problem that might arise. I would recommend them to any future brides.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Elegance with a short time line and a reasonable price in mind... They answered the phone quickly and had plenty of available openings. There was on,y one other bride which was a much better experience than a busy weekend at the chain bridal store. Not only did I find my dream dress but a few that is have been happy and honored to wear. The girls were not only attentive and helpful but made the whole experience easy and never let me walk out second guessing that I made the perfect choice. I'll certainly be sending any local brides I know their way.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 4/4/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

My mom and I went to this vendor yesterday in order to purchase the mother of the bride's dress. We did not have an appointment and ended up working with Lynn. She was so happy to help and extremely professional. She made suggestions for dresses for my mom to try on and also gave her opinion on how they looked which was super helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a dress for their mom. They also had a large selection and it was a one stop shop to find all the accessories as well. Lynn was amazing to work with! Thank you so much for all your help!

Profile Picture Mary, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Jewelry, Shoes, Mother of Bride

Kyla was very helpful. I was able find my dress after only trying on 3 dresses. We were also able to look at and purchase the bridesmaids dresses on the same day because we had so much extra time. Kyla was so helpful as the girls tried on different style and color dresses, and she was very organized as she took everyone's measurements. The whole afternoon went so smoothly I couldn't have asked for a nicer experience.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture April, 2/25/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Veils

I very much enjoyed the experience of finding and buying my dress at Carbonneau's! They had a wide selection, even for a plus sized bridal girl, at very affordable prices that looked and felt amazing. The women who helped me throughout the process were very professional and personable, and I never felt like they were trying to upsell me. They worked very well with my mother, who is very hands on and creative, in helping her help me find the perfect pieces to accent the dress.

Profile Picture MaryKate, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Accessories, Veils, Bride

I purchased a dress for my son's wedding, I was assisted by Rayle and she was extremely knowledable about the dresses.
She wasn't there to make a "quick sale". She considered age appropriate style along with the correct color to match my skin tone. I would definitely recommend this vendor. Rosa

Profile Picture User7460172, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I recently purchased my wedding gown at Carbonneau's in Worcester, MA. I had previously been to a few other bridal stores where I received terrible customer service and was completely dissatisfied. I am so glad that I decided to make an appointment at Carbonneau's! I booked an appointment online, which was super easy and Lynn was the woman who assisted me. She was absolutely amazing and could not have been nicer! She helped me to find the dress of my dreams and made me feel like a princess during my appointment. The store itself is beautiful and they have a runway with big mirrors so you can see yourself in the dresses. I did not have a lot of time to order a dress and they still had an adequate selection of dresses. I would highly recommend this vendor to any bride out there who is searching for the perfect dress. The customer service was outstanding, the selection of dresses was great and the dress I purchased is exquisite. I will be returning soon to purchase a dress for both my mother and grandmother. Ask for Lynn, she is amazing and will definitely give you the top notch experience during your appointment! I could not be happier with my experience at Carbonneau's!

Profile Picture User5635367, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Mother of Bride
4.2

The stylists at Elegance by Carbonneau did a great job at helping me pick out THE dress! I appreciated that I did not feel pressured on choosing a dress or time and their patience was excellent.

Profile Picture User5448988, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
2.1

Although I absolutely loved my wedding dress purchased here the company itself scams everyone. Alot of my bridemaids took their dresses else where for alterations or they would have all spent atleast $150 each as the ones who went here did (and no they do not tell you this price until you go to pick up your dress). At first they say it costs $50 then when you go to pick it up they say "No that was only the down payment for the alterations". They also will tell everyone to order atleast 1 size up (this way they are guaranteed to make some money with their alterations.) Also a few of my bridesmaids clasp on top of the zipper of their dress completely broke up before we even got to the venue. The quality of alterations is very cheap and extremely expensive. If you do decide to get your dress here just do not have it altered here-it will cost more than the dress. Also, my $80 earings purchased from here broke not even half way through my wedding.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kayli, 7/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had Kyla and she was amazing! She helped me find my dress in an hour! She really listened to what i wanted and put 100% into finding the ones that i would really want!

Profile Picture Jen, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Elegance was such a fun experience! I visited three different times until I was sure about my dress. The sales women were very attentive and wonderful, highly recommended!

Profile Picture Christina, 9/19/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Both me and my future sister-in-law found our dresses at Elegance by Carbonneau. There service and selection is great especially for the price. Would definitely recommend if you are looking for a dress in the Central-Massachusetts area.

Profile Picture User4795580, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
0.7

Awful!!! Horrible customer service. While the dress selection is beautiful, after buying my dress I was treated horribly. I would never go back there and warn brides away from going there if they are looking for any kind of special treatment as a bride. I met problem after problem leading right up until the week of my wedding and was given attitude when I expressed that I was displeased with something. For the money you pay for a wedding dress you are better served going elsewhere in my opinion - not worth the stress!!

Profile Picture User5164513, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my cathedral length veil ($28), beaded blusher ($28), necklace ($16), and tiara ($36) from Wedding Factory Direct, and was SO PLEASED! I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on my veil and tiara and a friend of mine said she got her headpiece here for SO CHEAP, but I was still a little hesitant about ordering online. Since everything was so inexpensive, relatively speaking, I figured I didn't have much to lose and just went for it and I'm so glad I did! The prices here seem too good to be true, but definitely aren't! Everything came in absolutely perfect, great quality, well-packaged, and relatively quickly, too!

I even made a mistake on the color I ordered for my cathedral length veil when I placed the order. I realized it immediately so I e-mailed to see if they could change it and they responded quickly and changed it before it shipped out. I can't rave about them enough! I recommend them to EVERY bride I ever talk to! The only thing to be aware of is that there are no returns, unless something comes in damaged, so just keep that in mind!

Profile Picture Devin, 4/25/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I enjoyed my experience here. I was able to get the dress of my dreams for way below budget.

Profile Picture User4154870, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Had a great experience. Jennifer was a great help and very attentive. Thanks a bunch..

Sarah and Neka

Profile Picture neka, 12/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Unbelievably beautiful... I was reluctant to order my tiara with matching jewelry on the Internet. The pictures looked very nice but when I opened my package the set took my breath away... I received my order in perfect condition and very fast... Don't be afraid to order from this company I am more than please with the product and will order more from them...

Profile Picture Velvet, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I bought my bridal gown here and had it altered here as well. The shop is very cute - they have a seating area and stage where you can model your dress. They also have some smaller areas in the back where you can change and model dresses if you want a more private experience. There are a lot of dresses under $1000, and also some under $1500 (I didn't want to go above $1000 so I'm not sure what they may have in higher ranges). When I went to try on dresses, I felt that there was no pressure from them to buy something. If you do buy, they give you a discount package on alterations and accessories, depending upon how expensive your dress was and how many times you went to the store before purchasing. I bought a bridal sash the same day as I bought my dress and the sash wasn't listed as something I would get a discount on, but we asked and they gave us one anyway. They also gave me a great discount on alterations, because the alterations ended up costing more than they had originally thought (I did not ask for this discount, they just gave it to me). Also, my alterations were done exactly in the timeframe quoted (1 month) and were perfect. My only complaint is that they don't let you schedule fittings on weekends; although I understand why (they're busy with people trying on dresses) it was a challenge for me - coming from Boston after work was kind of a nightmare. Thankfully I only had to come here a few times. I worked with Cathy and she was very sweet.

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/28/14, 9 Reviews
4.2

They have a wide selection, are much cheaper than bridal stores, and have fast shipping. Unfortunately, you can't return anything you buy, so make sure you really like what you buy before you buy it!

Profile Picture User3447646, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

LOVED MY DRESS!!!! Kyla was great help during the process to help me find my perfect dress!

Profile Picture ALICIA, 4/27/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought earrings, a bracelet and beautiful side comb as a gift for my daughter. All I can say is that they are exactly what I expected. Excellent quality, fast shipping and I was very happy with my purchase!

Profile Picture User3733448, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We only received the sash for the wedding gown so far. We are still waiting for the maids dress to arrive, so i can only comment on the one item. No complaints so far. Colleen was great.

Profile Picture Mary, 12/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I had an amazing experience today with Elegance by Carbonneau. Alexandria was so kind and patient with me. This was my first time trying on dresses and i had no idea what i liked. I tried on at least 15 dresses and she never seemed frustrated. The last dress was the one that I picked and all the consultants came around and flourished me with compliments. I know this is their job but I was so happy that they all joined in (we were the only ones in the store). I have no complaints about this place and I am excited to go back agaiN!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/28/13, 1 Review