23 Reviews for elee Photography

Wedding Portraits (1)
Canvas (1)
Prints (1)
23 elee Photography Reviews

Eric was the first vendor we spoke with. I actually did a google search of photographers in my area, saw his photos and thought... "OMG these are amazing, There's no way he's 1 available or 2 even remotely in my price range!" I messaged him any way, really just to compliment his work, but I figured I'd ask about his prices anyway. They were fair and we were able to meet and hit it off immediately! Seriously, Eric was the one MOST helpful vendor we had (he was a better wedding planner than the one we hired and fired). Not only did he have great suggestions, but he was so responsive and makes you feel like your the only couple he is working with. This is amazing because not only is he super busy as a photographer, but does a LOT of traveling and volunteer work. He also helped us with all the little things I didn't even think about. Through out this process, he was more than a wedding photographer, he became apart of our family. He is one of the kindest, sweetest. most thoughtful people and I would give him an 11/5 if I could!

We love you Eric, Thank you so much for everything and we can't want too see the final final products.

( i forgot to mention that he also did our engagement photos and OMG they came out amazing!)

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/1/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

We first met Eric in Georgetown in February 2018, on the coldest Sunday afternoon I have ever experienced, for our engagement shoot. There he was, backpack and cameras ready, braving the cold, enthusiastic and engaged. For a few hours, we walked all over Georgetown, and Eric worked his magic. The photos from that day turned out marvelous - they rank among the best ones anyone has ever taken of me and my (now) wife.

We chose Eric to be our wedding photographer because we had seen parts of his portfolio and we loved his style. We loved his ability to capture the magic of spontaneous moments. We don’t like posing. We like to be in the moment, as it happens. A genuine smile, a twinkle of the eye - Eric sees it, and he captures it. To be able to do that is true art. Eric may be a little quiet, but don’t be fooled. This is a man of many talents, with more than a handful of interesting stories to tell. Ask him about that one time he hand-wrote a letter to Warren Buffett and got invited to the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. Or ask him about his travels, or the many humanitarian initiatives he is involved in. Eric captures stories, while living many amazing ones himself.

We were very honored that Eric took the time to shoot our wedding. He has an amazing eye for detail and manages to strike that subtle balance between giving clear instructions when needed and floating in the background, always present but seemingly invisible. A great photographer manages to capture moments during which you weren’t even aware that he was present - it’s almost like a skillful dance, never imposing, but always there in the moment. Eric is a total pro, and it shows in the amazing pictures from our day. To anyone who is interested in hiring Eric as a photographer, be it for a wedding or any other occasion, I can wholeheartedly recommend him. Eric is efficient, friendly, extremely talented, reliable and just a good person all around. Best decision ever.

Profile Picture Phil, 4/27/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Not only is Eric a supremely talented photographer but he is as nice as they come. We met with him about 8 months before our wedding and it was no contest. He is kind, personable, and professional. Eric is easily accessible and responds quickly to emails. His prices are reasonable, especially considering his high quality work and skill. He is very easy to work with and gives you great pointers and directions while shooting (which is nice if you are kind of awkward like me!). He is exceptionally artistic and has great vision, which clearly comes through in all of his photos. He is open to any and all of your thoughts and suggestions, he truly wants to capture YOU and most importantly you in the moment. Hue, an associate photographer, was also just as amazing. Knowing they both had the skills and experience to manage and capture the chaotic beauty of weddings gave us peace of mind during the day of - which makes your day just that much better and worry free. We could not be happier with all of our photos from our engagement session as well as wedding day - they are just friggin' awesome. We have gotten endless compliments on how wonderful they are. We will absolutely hire Eric for future events and strongly recommend him to capture your big day!

Photos
Profile Picture Sarah, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric was wonderful to work with. We really appreciated that he wanted to meet us and get to know us before the big day. After our initial meeting, He checked in beforehand to make sure we were on the same page and took the time to familiarize himself with our vendors in order to work well together. On the day of, he was just lovely. He really did a great job at being seen when needed but blended into the background and captured everything without bringing attention to himself. He made a point of getting us our photos right on our one monthiversary which was such a lovely surprise (and so quick compared to my friends weddings!) and we couldn't be happier with the final photos. We have tons to pick from when it comes to formal shots and the candid shots were so fun to flip through. All in all, highly recommend Eric.

Profile Picture Hollann, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

My husband and I are so glad we found Eric! He is very easy to work with an all-around good person. Eric met with us for an initial consultation and shared a little about himself and his motivations for getting into photography. He truly loves photography and has a gift for telling stories through his work. We wanted real, candid photos and Eric's documentary style was perfect. He was willing to work with our budget and checked in often throughout the planning process. On the day of our wedding, Eric kept us on schedule and maximized his time with us. He delivered our photos within a reasonable time frame (4-6 wks) - really glad he was part of our special day!

Profile Picture $2500, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I don't even know where to begin in reviewing Eric's importance to our wedding. We have been together for 22 years and finally got married this July. Getting married in mid-life means you've had years to gather lots of important friends and family--and we wanted to make sure we captured our time with them in photos. Eric's work suited our goals perfectly. His brilliant candids, uncovering precious moments in time, is what drew us to his work. His kindness and compassion were what made him a great partner to work with us and our 150 family and friends. We highly respect and appreciate his talent and time through our engagement shoot and wedding. I look forward to working with him again on future assignments (as a graphic designer, I would hire him in a heartbeat). Thank you SO much for the gift of your creativity, Eric!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric is a great photographer. He took our engagement photos and wedding photos. For our first look and bridal party photos we took them at the Lincoln Memorial. Eric knew the perfect location. We had given him a list of photos we wanted to take and he was very organized and captured them all. He was also very quick and didn't make us do many poses. For the wedding ceremony and reception Eric was always around but never in the way our overbearing. He is a great photographer and we highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Anthony, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Finding a photographer while living overseas and planning a wedding in a city I'm unfamiliar with was quite a challenge. I scoured reviews, but what really made me choose Eric was his style, responsiveness and availability. He was extremely fast to respond, and checked in a few times over the months leading up to the big day and provided great suggestions. In addition, his prices are very reasonable! The day of, he was right on time and had plenty of ideas of where to shoot and how to pose. He really made us feel comfortable and fit right in with our guests. It was such a pleasure working with him and I highly recommend him for your wedding! All the best!

Profile Picture Daphne, 12/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Canvas, Digital Files

I could NOT have asked for a better photographer. I was fortunate to work with Eric for a photo shoot prior to my wedding, so when the big day rolled around, we had already established a comfortable relationship. My family decided that Eric was "the coolest person ever!", and all my guests raved about how Eric was "there, but not there." He managed to take such wonderful posed and candid photos without being obvious. We are so excited that these will be the pictures we will get to look back on again and again.

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric is fantastic! He was our photographer for our engagement photos, my bridal shoot, and our wedding! He is so nice and easy to work with, and our pictures are GREAT!

Profile Picture katie, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric is an amazing photographer! Capturing the day through images (as well as our engagement shoot) was high on our priority list. We booked about a year out from our wedding date. We were matched with Eric's romantic, artistic style and because he was one of the most sought after photographers in our area, we knew we had to book him immediately. Eric is all about catching and creating the perfect shot, letting things happen naturally but also giving enough direction for you to feel comfortable. Eric went above and beyond for us, and I truly enjoy seeing his other photography projects as well. We highly recommend!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric is a fantastic photographer. My husband and I highly recommend Eric for your photography needs. Eric did an excellent job on our engagement and wedding photos, he always responded quickly to our emails, was flexible to our photography needs/locations, and he even edited our "first look" photos after I reached out to him because the company he worked through did not do a good job on editing photos. Thank you again Eric capturing memories for us that we will cherish for a lifetime!

Profile Picture Kim, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot

We used Eric as our wedding photographer. He did an amazing job! We asked for a lot of candid photos to really capture the mood and activity that was going on throughout the day and he was able to do just that! Our pictures came out amazing and he really showed what a perfect day it was. We would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User4637776, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

My husband and I had an amazing experience working with Eric. As avid fan of pictures, I was very picky with who we were going to choose to capture our engagement. We first met Eric in Old Town, Alexandria while my husband and I were randomly on a walk around our neighborhood. At the time, Eric was shooting another couple’s engagement pictures at a nearby tunnel-a location with so much history and beauty which made for breathtaking pictures! We asked for his business card and contacted him shortly after to schedule a photoshoot. While working against the weather, Eric was always flexible and reliable-answering questions in a timely manner, willing to work around mother nature and our busy schedules! The day of the photoshoot, Eric worked with specific locations around Washington D.C. that were meaningful to us and made the evening so much fun for us that we felt completely comfortable being in front of the lens. He was able to capture every moment and has a great eye for what will make a beautiful photo. We are extremely happy with our engagement photos and we have received soooo many compliments from friends and family! What we truly love about Eric is that over the course of time, we have to come to learn how humble and truly passionate Eric is about what he does-no matter where he is, or who he is shooting. We simply cannot say enough and look forward to booking him for future (family) photoshoots in the future!

Profile Picture Chloe, 6/27/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Eric is a wonderful photographer. We really wanted some nice photos of the two of us on our wedding day. We were nervous when we started our first look, but Eric put us at ease! He helped position us and told us where to stand. He was really good at highlighting all the unique features at our location (Fort Myer), which we loved. We got some really cool shots we would have never thought of ourselves. All our photos were so beautiful. We are so happy with them. They were a great combination of artistic, whimsical, romantic, and fun.

Profile Picture User5332563, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric was great! Our photos came out beautiful, and because of his artistic viewpoint, more unique than most other wedding photos I have seen :)
Very highly recommended!!!

Profile Picture User7048558, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hiring Eric to be our wedding photographer was the best decision we made. He was flexible and very easy to work with. His passion for photography is clearly shown through his work. The photos we received were absolutely stunning. He took the time to review each and every photograph before he sent them to me. Additionally, he provided guidance on each location I suggested. When I made a suggestion for a location, he did extensive research and was able to bounce back ideas with me. His photographs speak for themselves. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and I would recommend him to any of my friends preparing for a wedding.

Profile Picture Bo, 4/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric is an astounding photographer! The lighting in my wife and my wedding pictures are flawless making the quality of the pictures a must have! He came up with some pretty neat ideas for the groomsmen and the bridesmaids. My wife has no complaints, and we'd both recommend him to anybody!

Profile Picture User7149014, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Definitely reach out to Eric and ask lots of questions. He was patient and made sure we had the shots we wanted.

Profile Picture Karisa , 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images
4.7

He worked really well during the reception. I really enjoyed working with him.

Profile Picture Kate, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

We chose to work with Eric for our wedding photos in 2015 and we really enjoyed our experience! Our engagement shoot was fun and inspired, and Eric seemed to really enjoy and encourage our (well, my) playfulness and mischief. My husband and I are a couple of goofballs, but I am much more likely to put it on display. Eric gave us a quick sneak peek of his favorite shots so we could have our Save-the-Dates made with a photo (we were behind schedule), which I massively appreciated.
On the day of the wedding, he took so many amazing photos. We planned for an outdoor ceremony which, of course, threatened to get rained out. He had no problem adapting to the indoor setting and structure. We even managed to get outdoor photos before the rain actually began.
He definitely captured me at my "best"; constantly hiking up my strapless dress, and my husband and I dancing on the balcony to "Jump Around." I can tell that everyone had fun because there is even a photo of a waitress dancing with my dad! I would recommend Eric and his art to anyone!

Profile Picture User7049581, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Eric was great! He listened and responded to the shots I wanted to have, and even came up with a few I hadn't thought of! Just a couple points off for tardiness (traffic, not entirely his fault). At the time of service, he was under contract with George Street Photo. I feel like GS could have given us a better bang for our buck (also not Eric's fault)

Profile Picture User7317645, 1+ year ago, 1 Review