Electric Events DC Reviews

Electric Events DC 5
Electric Events DC 6
Electric Events DC 7

Amanda · Married on 08/16/2014

Electric Entertainment and Brian was absolutely WONDERFUL on our wedding day. I don't even know where to start...

Before the big day, Brian would meet with us personally to discuss what we wanted. He had so many options to choose from, but would always help us narrow down what we wanted. He also met us at our hotel once to measure everything and make sure everything would fit.

They decorated our awkwardly shaped Ceremony Room to make it look symmetrical and absolutely STUNNING! He included blue dangling lights with drapping and I could not have asked for a more beautiful room to get married in!

Then, his little touches to our cocktail hour made the mood even more special. We had a Gobo light that was made by his company. Everyone could not stop talking about how cute it was.

Our reception hall was my favorite part. Brian and his team, drapped the whole room, provided the table cloths, napkins, LED bar, Goal post lighting, white dance floor, DJ and MC, and much much more. It was those little attention to details that Electric Entertainment paid attention to that made our night even more special. We had both a DJ and an MC. Our families were not ones to sit in the chairs and not dance, but Blake and Brian, the MC, definitely made our family and friends feel even more welcome to come get up and get their groove on. Our wedding was over a two weeks ago and our family and friends are STILL talking about it and everything that Brian and his team did.

Our hotel had their freight elevator stop working, but that did not stop Brian and his team from setting up everything we asked for. Their team carried EVERYTHING up stairs (which I'm sure is extremely heavy). They didn't let that stop them, and we couldn't thank them enough.

WE WOULD recommend Electric Entertainment to anyone and everyone that wants their event to amazing and to have their guest talk about it weeks after!

Thanks Electric Entertainment!

Sent on 08/28/2014

ashley · Married on 07/12/2014

We first heard about Electric Entertainment from family and friends. We checked out their website and was pleasantly surprised with how interactive and informative it was. Electric Entertainment is not your cookie cutter entertainment company. We found out that they offer DJ services, photo booths, photography, lighting, plus many other services. After we filled out the form on their website, Brian, the CEO of the company gave us a call. Brian was enthusiastic to work with us. Over the hour of our conversation we discussed venue, food, guest count, etc. almost as if he was an extra event planner. He put ideas and thoughts in my mind that I may not have thought about on my own. We booked instantly! Brian felt that MC Blake was the best option for our wedding. Over the next few months, we had numerous conversations with Brian and Blake to make sure our day was perfect. In all the planning process, Brian and Blake went above and beyond expectations and way beyond that of any other DJ company. We booked DJ, MC, lighting, photo booth, and photography all through Electric Entertainment. Brian also mentioned that he loves incorporating unique decorating styles to the venue, so we had the confidence in him to fully decorate the tent for our outdoor wedding. OH. MY. GOODNESS. The decorations were beyond incredible. He incorporated string lights, chinese lanterns, chandeliers, crystals, draping, and intelligent lighting all to the color theme of our wedding. It was truly a sight! Blake, our DJ and MC, not only played current, upbeat dance music, but he was on the floor dancing, leading the crowd, and incorporating his talent into our wedding. Brian and Electric Entertainment went above and beyond all of our expectations. After being a part of this incredible experience, we won’t even think about looking to another entertainment company in the future.

Sent on 07/29/2014

ashley · Married on 07/12/2014

Sent on 07/31/2014

Emmy · Married on 06/28/2014

We hired Electric Entertainment to do our lighting as well as provide the bar for our June wedding, and we were overall happy with their services. The lights in our ballroom really made a difference and really added that special touch. The light-up bars were also great in our venue, they have several different colors to choose from, and they really stood out. I would definitely recommend these if there isn't a bar already available at your venue. They were responsive to any questions we had and made helpful suggestions based on what we were looking for. I would definitely recommend them for any special occasion.

Sent on 07/25/2014

Becky · Married on 06/27/2014

Electric Entertainment made our wedding reception fun and beautiful! Brian Wasser is an amazing DJ/MC and kept the party going all night. He was great at listening to exactly what we wanted and made the music planning easy. It was an incredible night and everyone was up and dancing the entire time. Brian worked within our budget and also provided beautiful uplighting to give us the ambiance we were envisioning. We would recommend Brian and Electric Entertainment to anyone that is looking to make their reception memorable and fun for all of their guests!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

I would highly recommend Electric Entertainment for their wedding services. My husband and I got married on May 25, 2014, and we used Electric for our DJ/MC, uplighting, and draping. Brian Wasser was extremely easy to work with when planning out the date, time and getting the contract together. And Brian also matched us up with a DJ/MC (Blake) who fit our receptions needs perfectly. Blake was an AWESOME DJ/MC! I am still getting compliments on how great he was at the wedding, and it’s already been two weeks!

My wedding ceremony and reception was in the same room, and Electric put up drape in between to make the ceremony area smaller, and took it down at cocktail hour while everyone was in a different room. They also did all of our uplighting for the ceremony and reception. I wanted the uplighting to be a coral color, which a very tricky color to match, but Electric matched it perfectly!

Electric Entertainment really has everything to make your wedding day perfect, just like mine was!

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Sandy

Sandy · Married on 05/17/2014

I have coordinated many DJs for various events throughout the years and have found this company to be by far the best. It has been our second time using them and we cannot say enough good things about them. They are extremely pleasant, professional, and keeps all guests involved. We had about 100 people at our Bat Mitzvah event and all of the adults were on the dance floor and the adults were just thrilled. Highly recommend them. We also had to dancers, they really help to get single adults and older adults on the dance floor as well as keeping the younger ones on track. You will not regret using them! We had MC Blake & the dancers were D'Angelo & Sam.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Lauren · Married on 01/18/2014

Electric Entertainment, particularly Brian Wasser, turned our typical wedding into an experience. From the gorgeous up lighting and ceremony music to the lively reception, Brian really brought a wonderful energy to our day. Brian got to know us as a couple and understood how much we wanted to have a high energy experience for our guests, and we got just that. The dance floor was full the whole night, Brian granted our every wish (within a reasonable budget), and made some great suggestions to the flow of the day that really helped create a great wedding reception. We would recommend Brian highly for anyone looking for a wedding people will remember!

Sent on 01/31/2014
  • lisa

lisa · Married on 12/14/2013

Book them now!

I used them for a prom. The entire experience was perfection. They were professional, responsive on the planning phase and outstanding in execution. The music was perfect and the MC was high energy. They had EVERYONE on the dance floor. We had some bumps with the venue, but they handled it perfectly.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Brian at Electric Entertainment helped make our Wedding fantastic by keeping the crowd pumped and make sure everyone was on the dance floor

Sent on 11/21/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2013

I found Electric Entertainment at a Bridal Expo and fell in love with their company. They are so fun and energetic! We chose Blake Motter as our DJ from EE and could not have been happier with our choice. Our wedding reception was so much fun and Blake got everyone on the dance floor and made sure everyone had a great time. My husband and I became friends with him and invited him out with us and our guests to the after-reception party at a karaoke bar! If you want a DJ who is fun, energetic, and makes sure every guest has a great time dancing, Electric Entertainment is the absolute way to go!

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • User2029679 · 2+ years ago

We can't say enough about our DJ, Brian Wasser. He provided the music for our cocktail hour and reception. He was professional, entertaining, energetic, and kept our guests on the dance floor all night. We met with him ahead of time so we knew everything would run smoothly. The uplighting he provided in our reception space really made the venue pop. I would recommend Electric Entertainment to any couple getting married in the DC/Metro area :)

Sent on 06/30/2013

As the mother of the groom and wedding planner, I couldn't have been more delighted with the exceptional service and professionalism I received at my son's wedding reception. The ideas for timing and lighting that were suggested during the planning process made our event unique and exciting. I've received so many compliments from people attending the reception, especially the "kids", and I would be more than happy to recommend this vendor to anyone planning such an event.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Erica · Married on 06/16/2012

Brian and his crew were so accommodating and exceeded our expectations for entertainment. My husband and I did not want such a traditional wedding. We attended a wedding with Electric Entertainment’s (EE) services and decided that night that we had to book them. We soon met with Brian and talked about a vision for our June wedding.
    Brian took many notes and even wanted to meet at our venue to get an idea of layout and space. He was able to look at the space and tell up exactly what would work with the space with an effective “flow” in mind. We would do up lighting, club style lighting across the dance floor, a photo booth with, ceremony and reception music, and an active DJ/MC.
    The photo booth was a hit with two very professional attendants who interacted with our guests to make it fun. EE provided a customized guest book that was filled with fun photo booth pictures of our friends and loved ones. They took a copy as a favor and left one in our book with messages.
    Two plasma TVs on towers were beside our table that played videos and messages all night. Later it displayed our video montage courtesy of EE. The lights added a touch to the room that EVERY guest commented on as the ballroom was unveiled.
    Brian not only DJ/MC’d the entire event, he got right out on the dance floor and really interacted with us and our guests. The dance floor was packed from beginning to end, just like we pictured.
    I would have to say that the best part about EE is the attention to detail. As a bride with many things going on, I didn’t want to have to worry about the flow of the night. Brian worked closely with our venue to make our vision a success. He made recommendations on a timeline and was knowledgeable about different customs/traditions. With EE we didn’t get just a DJ, we got an event planner, highly professional staff, and “best wedding ever” if you ask our guests

Sent on 07/05/2012

Jeremy · Married on 04/01/2012

Electric Entertainment, and Brian in particular (our DJ), were INCREDIBLE.

My fiancee (now wife) and I had a lot of special requests, including an old traditional ceremony called the "Mezinka" which is part of the party. Brian immediately learned all about the Mezinka, found the traditional music, and then led the entire party (over 200 guests) to bring the event to life.

Brian went out of his way to make sure he had all of the details down and exactly what we wanted and when we wanted it. We can't be thankful enough to Brian and Electric Entertainment. My bride was thrilled, her famiily was thrilled.

Brian is more than just a DJ, he's an entertainer. He knows how to read the crowd and get people out on the dance floor and enjoying the party. I would absolutely recommend Brian to anyone looking for an incredible DJ.

Sent on 04/05/2012

Kimberly · Married on 08/13/2011

Electric Entertainment is an excellent dj service. Our initial contact with the company was Geoff who then paired us with a dj whose style matched our own - one who kept the party bumping, but didn't get overly involved, although I'm sure they have djs who will join the party if you want them to be more interactive. For us, Chris was a fantastic DJ. He announced what needed to be announced, and incorporated all of our requests (some of which were kind of out there) into a great playlist that kept our guests dancing all night. He was also just generally very pleasant. The sound quality was great, too, and always at the right volume.

Sent on 03/05/2012
  • Alyson

Alyson · Married on 08/06/2011

Electric Entertainment is AMAZING! Just an advance warning that this is going to be a long review because EE provided me with so many great services for my wedding day. Everything turned out more perfectly than I could imagine, so I want to elaborate on each service they provided me with!

DJ 6'6 (Chris) was the DJ on our wedding day and he provided our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. My husband and I met with Chris a few weeks before our wedding and it was very relaxed and informal. We selected a few "must plays" for the day, but Chris took our list and made it his own. He played music everyone enjoyed and the dance floor was packed the entire night! Best DJ ever!

We also rented a photobooth from Electric Entertainment which was another wedding must-have! Our guests had so much fun with it and EE also suggested that we set up a photobooth "scrapbook station" as our guest book. It was such a cute idea and turned out so nicely - all of the photobooth pictures printed twice, so our guests were able to put one copy in our guest book and decorate it with stickers, markers, etc, and take the other copy of the picture home with them. The guest book scrapbook is the best idea ever - we can flip through the photos and notes and see how much fun our guests were having!

Our reception lighting was also provided by Electric Entertainment. I know that lighting can help transform a room, but I had no idea the difference it could actually make. We had our reception at the Bolger Center in Potomac, MD and it is a very nice ballroom. However, the lighting and decor provided by EE made the room look absolutely stunning. We had pink uplights all over the room, along with 4 plasma tv's with pink uplights on the tv trussing, spotlights and gobos on the dance floor, and finally (the best part in my opinion!) a twinkling LED curtain behind the DJ booth. The dance floor looked fun but the room itself looked SO classy. Every photo that was taken on the dance floor looks AWESOME because of the LED curtain and the spotlights. Work with EE to help build a lighting package - they're very knowledgeable and can work with your budget to help create a custom lighting package for your needs. I wish I could post pictures with this review, because then everyone would book a lighting package from EE! So just contact them and request photos :)

Finally, we worked with Cliff, a dancer for Electric Entertainment, to come up with a choreographed bridal party dance for our entrance! We had a song picked out but needed some help from a professional to come up with a cute little dance. Cliff was awesome and so fun to work with - we had a great time and came up with a quick and easy dance that we were able to teach to our bridal party (of 16 people!) the night before the wedding!

Electric Entertainment is THE BEST at everything they have to offer. They'll work with you to help make your wedding unique, fun, and your own. They helped to make my day more perfect than I could imagine and I highly recommed them to everyone planning a wedding! :)

Sent on 04/10/2012
  • Todd

Todd · Married on 08/07/2010

Wow! That is the first word that comes to mind when thinking back to our experience working with Electric Entertainment. From booking the event, to meeting one on one with our DJ, to the setup at the venue, and to the amazing party WOW is the only word that describes it.

When my wife and I were in the beginning stages of hiring a DJ we had our list of questions to ask the company. We were nervous about making sure we picked the perfect company as we knew the DJ is what makes or breaks the wedding. After speaking with Brian and Geoff just one time I had no doubt in my mind that this was the company for us. Brian and Geoff are extremely knowledgeable. It is clear that they have been in the business a long time. They answered all of our questions and even posed questions to us that we had not even thought about. We knew that by going with Electric Entertainment we would be in great hands.

After picking our package we were given access to their customers portion of their website. On this website we were able to use their forms to start planning out our ceremony and reception. We were given the opportunity to provide instructions for every part of our wedding to ensure it ran smoothly. If a question ever came up either Brian or Geoff were eager to answer it and make sure that my wife and I were not anxious about any part of the night.

When we finally met our DJ at our house to discuss the event we were even more pleasantly surprised. Chris was our DJ and he was the perfect match for us. We had a pretty good idea of how we wanted the night to run and we went through each step with Chris. He offered suggestions and more importantly he listened carefully to what we wanted. We were concerned about the type of music that would be played and after detailing what we were looking for I was sure that Chris understood exactly what we wanted. I could tell that Chris was genuinely excited to be working at our wedding which made me feel at ease.

The day of the event soon approached and of course I was nervous about all of the logistics. To my surprise Chris and two other people from the Electric Entertainment crew came personally to set up the room. We used uplights from the company to add to the ambiance of the ceremony. They were set up tons of time to spare. One thing that I was concerned about was that the reception was being held in the same room as the ceremony. The guests were brought to a secondary room while the ceremony/reception room was flipped. I was concerned that the DJ equipment wouldn't be set up in time for the party to begin but I couldn't have been more wrong. By the time my wife and I were done taking pictures Chris was ready to go. He had time to spare to make sure everything was perfect.

As the night moved on things could not have run more smoothly. Chris handled the introductions, first dances, toasts, meals and desert perfectly. He had the perfect demeanor on the microphone. After dinner and desert it was time for the dancing. Chris paid attention to what we had requested perfectly. People were on their feet the entire night. He even handled the drunk cousin who insisted on hearing a Chicago rock block! I have been to many events in my life (I used to be a DJ myself) and I must say that the job Electric Entertainment did could not have been done any better. We worked with over ten different vendors when all was said and done with the wedding. Electric Entertainment was the by far the easiest to deal with from initial contact up until the last dance. I happily and highly recommend Electric Entertainment for any wedding. Their high quality, professional service surpasses that of all competitors.

Sent on 03/19/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2013

Brian from Electric Entertainment was referred to me by a family friend and he did not disappoint! We were very impressed by the consultation we had with Brian before our wedding day. He was very organized and mapped out the music for our entire wedding complete with a timeline. We asked for the Game of Thrones theme song for part of the ceremony and it wasn't a problem. Brian asked a lot of questions we didn't even think about, discussed with us what kind of celebration we wanted, and spoke a lot about engaging our guests. We were completely blown away by how awesome Brian was at our reception!! Our guests had an amazing time and kept coming up to us to share how much they liked Brian. Brian engaged our guests and got them dancing without being irritating or invasive. A big thank you to Brian and Electric Entertainment!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Brian was our DJ. He went above and beyond our expectations! He kept everything flowing with so much energy throughout the night. We got several compliments on him from our guests. Brian told us there would be a few surprises and he followed through with that and so much more! If you want a true wedding reception, then hire Brian! We felt the love all night.

Sent on 04/28/2015

Jackie · Married on 06/25/2016

3.0

Electric Entertainment is the way to go! I did not want to struggle with having multiple vendors and wanted a top notch one stop shop for as many as my needs for the wedding as possible. Well Electric Entertainment made this possible. If you want it they have it and if they don't they will figure out a way to make it happen. They provided me with the most amazing ghost chiavari chairs, lounge furniture, draping for both my ceremony and reception and even hung a chandelier that we wanted for the wedding. The team was amazing and professional I did not have a single worry that they would make my dream become a reality.

Sent on 09/30/2016