65 Reviews for Elana Darrus Makeup & Hair

Makeup Trial (4)
Licensed (3)
Hair Extensions (2)
Tattoo Coverage (1)

Elana recently did my bridal make-up for me, my bridesmaids and my mom, and she did an absolutely beautiful job! My make-up was perfect and I felt beautiful on my wedding day. My make-up lasted all day and night. All I had to do was touch-up my lipstick a time or two. Also, my mom and bridesmaids really liked their make-up as well. Elana was so sweet, and truly an artist. She does great work and could not have been nicer to work with. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/30/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Makeup

Elana did a great job with our makeup and Kelly was a great hair stylist for my daughter's wedding. They worked with us and listened carefully to understand the look we each wanted (bride and MOB), and gave us a very natural and beautiful look. Elana and Kelly were easy to work with, warm, and very professional.

Profile Picture Irene, 9/10/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Scheduling my makeup/hair trial with Elana and her team was super easy - I had my trial done by the hair and makeup artists (Pamela & Elizabeth) who would be there on my wedding day, which made me feel at ease since they would know exactly what would look good on me after the trial and there would be no hiccups on the day of my wedding. Throughout the planning process, Elana was very organized and would send me updated contracts throughout, showing me how many bridesmaids would be getting hair & makeup done (trust me...people change their minds a lot!) and the time slots they would have to make sure everyone would be done on time. Pamela did my hair as well as my 6 bridesmaids, and Elizabeth did my makeup and the bridesmaids + 1 of the moms helping out the day of. They made everyone look PHENOMENAL and they were SO speedy! We were done early, which was great because we had more time for pictures/relaxing before my photographer got there. I love how they come to you, wherever you and your bridesmaids want to get ready (we got ready in my hotel room). We had such a fun time all getting ready, it was very low-stress. I truly recommend them, they are great!

Profile Picture STACEY, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Elana and Mary Jo were a dream. There was no pressure for a hair trial, but I'm glad I did it. I thought I knew what I wanted but ended up changing my mind after my trial. The travel fee is completely reasonable, and Elana was so flexible to work with our timeline and even accepted some last-minute opt out's without any additional charge. All of the girls looked lovely, and it was a great way to start our day.

Profile Picture Becky, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Elana and MaryJo were absolutely wonderful! They were incredibly accommodating and understanding throughout the entire process, were always very prompt and made all of my bridal party look stunning on our wedding day. I looked incredibly beautiful and could not have asked for more. I highly recommend Elana and her team for your wedding!
Wedding was Oct 2016

Profile Picture Ashlee, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Can't rave enough about them!! Jessica nailed it with my Bridal makeup! All the bridesmaids loved their make-up as well. 7/7.. that is something to write about!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/15/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Makeup

I had had my H&M done by a couple other stylists before coming across Elana and her team. The difference in the level of artistry was staggering. Not only did Elana and Dana listen to my requests, but they also brought such patience, calm and friendliness to the table. I know very little about H&M and feel slightly uncomfortable about the whole thing, but Elana and Dana made me feel beautiful and naturally radiant, i.e. exactly the way I wanted to feel on my wedding day. It was very clear from the second we met, that these ladies know their trade, and use their abilities to enhance your essence. Thank you, Elana and Dana, for making me feel beautiful.

Profile Picture Rebekka, 8/13/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Elana was great for our wedding day! We hired her to come to the house to do the makeup for myself, my mom, and my bridesmaids. She was great at responding to my emails throughout the process and is really lovely to work with. I was a little anxious as I do not typically wear a lot of makeup and just wanted to look like the best version of myself and she completely understood and I was very happy with the result. She really listened to everything I said and I was extremely happy with the end result. I would definitely recommend her to any other bride!

Profile Picture User6953333, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My hair and makeup was flawless...even by the end of the night. I could not say enough good things about them. They did a trial for me before and were very adamant about giving me exactly what I wanted. Wedding day went so smoothly they actually finished ahead of schedule. All my girls hair and makeup was perfect. One of my bride maids is getting married and after seeing their work will be using them for her wedding too.

Profile Picture User5165344, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Would recommend them to every bride and bridesmaids! They were great to work with and made everyone look amazing on my wedding day!!!

Profile Picture Amber, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage

Kristina did my client’s makeup for her wedding this past Saturday. She did a wonderful job. In particular, the bride’s eye makeup was stunning and it was very similar to a picture the bride had previously selected to be imitated. Kristina did a wonderful job using airbrush and also applied false eyelashes. I was impressed with how careful she was to ensure the bride was comfortable wearing the lashes. She was focused, pleasant and clearly determined to provide excellence in service. Pre-service communication was also top-notch. Elana was diligent in ensuring that everything went perfectly for the bride. I highly recommend this company.

Profile Picture Ellery, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Elana was great to work with and more than happy to accommodate my requests between scheduling my hair trial and adding a second person for hair. It was great to meet Michelle and Lena at my trial and they were very thorough in making sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. My wedding day couldn't have gone better with them. Everyone was ecstatic about their hair and makeup and we received so many compliments. They were so easy to work with, fun to have there on the morning of and an overall great team. I was so happy with my and my wedding party looks, it was exactly as I imagined. I highly recommend using Elana and couldn't have been happier with Michelle, Maria and Lena.

Profile Picture Susie, 5/7/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling

Elana did my makeup as well as my whole bridal party and my mother. She did an excellent job. I not really huge on makeup and during our trial she took that into consideration. Everything she did, she explained what she was doing and allowed me to add my input on what I wanted. I showed her several pictures of some ideas I liked and she helped bring it to life. She was very patient with me and even tried more than one look on me until I was happy with my look. Elana is very friendly and easy to work with. She is a very flexible person and works with your schedule. Her prices are broken down by what you exactly want which was perfect. for example. Someone of my girls wanted eyelashes done with their makeup and some didn't, my mother wanted only her eyes done and nothing else so it helped that Elana had her prices broken done by what you need done. She also has hairstylist on hand which came in handy with some of my bridesmaids. Mary Jo did an amazing job with hair. She was super friendly and very flexible as well.

Profile Picture User4968160, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Makeup, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I was so happy with my makeup. She did exactly what I asked for, and provided me with helpful tips before the wedding I didn't think about. Plus, my friends and family got their makeup done by one of her artists in her network and they all looked beautiful, too!

Profile Picture User5254508, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Rachel was our stylist. We did make-up only. Elana owns the company. Elana was exceptionally responsive. So open to my endless questions, very professional, and so very sweet.
She organized everything and even helped me with the time schedule.

Rachel is extremely skilled and has a great personality. During my trial she listened to what I wanted and changed what I wanted. She made me laugh, gave me tips on make-up and the wedding in general, it felt like having a friend do my make-up. Well worth it.

Profile Picture User5640421, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Licensed, Consultations, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Elana Darrus was recommended to me by my photographer. Though they were 1.5 hours away from the venue, they still came on site (for a small travel fee of course) at 7:00 am on time and ready to go. I had my hair and makeup done and was very pleased with the services. Even though I had changed my mind a bit on my hair since the trial, I showed the artist a picture of what I had in mind and she tweaked it to make it work with my face and it came out beautifully. The makeup artist was great as well. I have bad acne, and they used airbrush makeup to cover it well without looking or feeling caked on. They used high end cosmetics like MAC that stayed on all day and I didn't have the dreaded eye shadow crease thing going on, the false eyelashes also stayed put from morning until I took them off around 2 am. She did a good job of making my makeup more dramatic than an everyday look to be good for bridal pictures, but it didn't look overdone like stage makeup. Both artists were very friendly and nice to work with. Another thing that I really liked was that they didn't make me have a minimum number of girls to book them for on sight work. Many of the other companies I looked at did. I didn't want to force my bridesmaids into their services if they didn't want to, and I couldn't afford to pay for all of them, even though almost all the girls booked them anyway, it was nice to not have that pressure to secure a minimum number of services.

Profile Picture Diana, 9/26/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

If I could hug Elana every day, I would. She runs her business wonderfully and only hires the BEST artists. I had about 5 trials with other companies...and then I went Lauren from Elana's team. HOLY AMAZING. She is perfection when it comes to makeup application. She made me feel like myself yet bridal. Took my suggestions and applied them strategically. Elana is also so great to work with as the middle man. She lets her artists SHINE.

Lauren made EVERYONE in my party feel gorgeous, especially my mother who rarely "does herself up." Everyone look elegant and stunning and it stayed all day.

I also had Lauren meet me at my hotel for a touch up between the ceremony and reception. It was just what I needed to continue feeling beautiful all day.

SOOOO glad I went with them!!!

I had someone else do my hair ( a family friend). Someone from Elana's team did my party's hair and although we weren't SUPER stoked about the styles, I spoke honestly with Elana and she tried to rectify it. That in itself speaks volumes to the type of business owner she is and the woman that she is, too.
So thankful.

Profile Picture jordan, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I was very pleased with the hair and makeup services provided by Elana Darrus for my wedding. I found them to be one of the most flexible salons for on-site hair and makeup, with moderate pricing. They do not have minimums which I appreciated as I only wanted makeup for myself, and hair for myself and my bridesmaids. Elana was very responsive for scheduling my appointments and happy to revise things as they changed. Mary Jo styled our hair which everyone was so happy with their styles. Kristina applied my makeup, and the airbrush looked flawless and did not budge for 12 hours! Would highly recommend booking their services!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough good things about Elana or the four stylists I hired through her for our Chicago wedding! We were coming from out of town and did most of our wedding planning and booking via email.

Elana was very responsive and fun to talk to! She was very flexible with our requests and very helpful. I found most stylists downtown to be overpriced and was discouraged until I found Elana.

Specifically for Jarmin and Lena: These ladies were great!!!!!!

I gave Jarmin very little direction on what I wanted my hair to look like (I said I wanted it up and swooshed in the front...not very descriptive) and she did an AMAZING job. All night, I received tons of compliments on my hair style and when I show people our wedding photos, almost all comment on how pretty my hair was. Thank you, Jarmin!!!

Likewise, with Lena, I asked to look natural and that was about all I said. I've had my make-up done for other weddings when I requested the same natural look and ended up feeling very over done. Not with Lena! She gave me a very classic look and accented my eyes and other features. My bridesmaids also were VERY happy with their looks. We didn't have any issue with make up rubbing off or looking shiny as the night wore on. Thank you, Lena!!

Overall, I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life and Elana and team's services had a direct contribution to that feeling. I feel we got more than we paid for and would HIGHLY recommend Elana and team to any bride searching for a reasonably priced, high quality and fun hair/make-up stylists for her big day!

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a very hard time finding a make-up artist. I was only looking for somebody to my make-up and I wanted them to come to the house where I was getting ready. This eliminated a lot of people because they have minimums. Other places I found were more than I was willing to spend on my make-up. Fortunately I found Elana who would come to the house just for me without breaking my budget! She does charge a small fee for travel, but it was worth it for me.

For my trial, I showed her a few looks I liked, and we talked about airbrush and fake eyelashes. I was worried about how both would feel and she was very comforting - wanting me to be comfortable and discussing options/alternatives. She was very flexible as I had to change her start time for the wedding day after my trial. She showed up on time, finished on time, and I felt like I looked awesome. I was so happy with how I looked for the wedding day. I would recommend Elana to other brides!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/12/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elana and her team were absolutely wonderful! From start to finish it really was a pleasure working with her. I had six girls standing up with me as well as myself, my mom and my grandma all getting their makeup done and most getting their hair done as well. It was a bit of a logistical nightmare but Elana was so kind and flexible and we worked out the perfect schedule to get everyone done on time. The day of the wedding they were on time and so much fun! We all looked amazing. Pamela did my hair and I could not have been happier with it. It looked perfect from the moment she finished until I took it down after the wedding 12 hours later! And my makeup (done by Elana) was flawless. I felt like I looked my absolute best for my wedding day. I would highly recommend Elana Darrus!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Elana, Dawn, Michelle and Mary Jo made my bridesmaids and I look AMAZING for my 12/13/2014 wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect and I would highly recommend Elana and her team to any future brides. I looked more amazing than I ever imagined I could! Thank you, Elana!

Profile Picture Mary, 12/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of Elana herself styling my makeup. As someone with bad acne, a shiny T zone, and typically has makeup melt off her face, I was worried about my wedding day. All of my worries were put to rest when I met with Elana for a makeup trial. She’s very easy to talk with and has excellent technique. My makeup was flawless even after hours of dancing at my wedding! My bridesmaids looked equally flawless, Elana highlighting my ladies’ natural features to show off how each was uniquely beautiful.

Through Elana Darrus, Jarmin was selected as my hair stylist. She listened to what I was considering and looked at the various items I was thinking to wear. On the day of, I presented her with the feather hairpieces I made for myself and my bridesmaids, and the chains I wanted draped in my own hair. Jarmin assembled them in my curls and asked for my opinion on the arrangement each time until I was satisfied. The final look was perfect, and my hair remained flawless until the end of the night. My bridesmaids’ hair was equally beautiful and the curls held all night.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

We had Gina doing makeup and Jarmin doing hair, and they did such a FANTASTIC job!! They were right on time, very talented, and made sure everyone got done early so we had some extra time for pictures. Gina is such a nice, sweet person and a fantastic make up artist- my biggest fear was looking overly done, and she listened to everything I wanted and made sure my makeup was perfect- I was so happy with the results! Jarmin is awesome and did a great job on my hair; she also was able to give each of the bridesmaids the unique hairstyle they wanted and everyone ended up looking so classy! Thank you to Elana Darrus for making this happen!! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 11/1/14, 7 Reviews