Edwards Catering Reviews

53 | Richmond, VA

53 Reviews for Edwards Catering

1 User photo

Melanie · Married on 01/10/2015

Sam and I spoke directly. Even when he could not have a full blown discussion he would contact me and provide the best time to have a discussion that not only related to the food but the atmosphere I was going for in my wedding. He was supportive with some of our non traditional choices and he also assisted with the reception outline, which was very helpful. He and his team flipped our ceremony room and did exactly what my wedding coordinator asked. Everyone raved over the food!!! The contract included linens, cake cutting service and all he created the perfect menu for my budget. When we arrived to our hotel, our car had a bag with champagne and food for the wedding for us to snack on. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/18/2015

I love Edwards Catering. They helped customize my menu to my budget. They provided a bartender for the alcohol that we brought! Sam was so attentive to the bridal party and to the bride/groom! He kept checking on my husband and I through out the reception. He brought out beverages to the bridal party while they took pictures. The food was SO good! Guests kept telling me that Edwards Catering was the best wedding food they have ever had! Also, Sam knows a lot about weddings and is really good with timelines!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Mariah · Married on 10/05/2013

Edward's Catering pays so much attention to the details it really makes your day that much better. From our first meeting we were extremely impressed as he passed on wedding day information as if he were a wedding coordinator/ planner about things completely unrelated to food. The day of the wedding his team brought appetizers and drinks to the bridal party while taking pictures, offered to help out where other vendors had fallen short of their responsibilities, packed us to go food and alcohol for the ride home, and was able to make quick decisions with positive results for any issues that came up! The food was the best I've ever had at a wedding and tons of guests expressed the same opinion. The only small issue we encountered was response time when we were still pretty far away from the event; however, once we got closer to the event he was extremely responsive and flexible about meeting us.

Go with Edward's Catering! You will be so impressed by everything. Can't say enough nice words about this caterer!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Lindsey · Married on 09/28/2013

Would highly recommend Sam Edwards for catering your event. He has all of his own serving pieces, china, silverware etc. so there are no additional or hidden fees like others charge on top of the per person food charge. He was willing/able to provide us with the exact food we wanted as well as sent us home with all of the leftovers and a basket for the honeymoon. Went above and beyond what I could have asked for by even taking care of our smores and cookie bars!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Evelyn · Married on 06/01/2013

Sam is AMAZING!! I chose Sam because he has done 3 of my friends wedding receptions and did such a wonderful job. He did the same for me! I could not be happier with Sam's service from start to finish. He did everything he could to make sure that I got the food that I wanted. He was always professional and so easy to work with! His food was fantastic! All of my guests said the food at my wedding was delicious! We did a cocktail hour and then a buffet style dinner and Sam did a great job. The great part about Sam is that he has everything! I did not have to worry about linen rentals because he provides linens. He also provides all the plates, cups, flat ware, etc. So it saves so much in the long run. Sam is very reasonably priced, especially when I compared him with other catering services that were not as good. The day of my wedding my venue did not do anything that they were supposed to and Sam and his staff stepped up and took care of things that they did not have to do for us. They were amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a caterer with great service, awesome food and a great price! I would definitely use him again.

Sent on 06/26/2013

James · Married on 05/11/2013

Sam was awesome! He was so kind and patient and have us great ideas. The food was amazing and people are asking for the recipe to the crab dip! Thank you Sam for everything! Johnny and Anna Melis

Sent on 05/21/2013

Phi · Married on 04/13/2013

I cannot say more wonderful thing about Sam and Edwards catering. From our initial consult with to the day of the wedding, Sam offered his expertise in not just catering but wedding planning in general that made the whole day go so smoothly. I would highly recommend him and his team to any bride!

Not only are they experts and great to work with, their food was absolutely delicious! We've received several rave reviews from our guests following the wedding about how great the food was.

Our guests were also impressed by the kindness and professionalism of the staff at the wedding-- we cannot say enough good things. Edwards Catering offers a wealth of experience, delicious food, professional service-- all for a very competitive price.

Sent on 04/27/2013

Jess · Married on 03/30/2013

Sam is AWESOME!! He was extremely professional and helpful during the planning process. This was our first experience with wedding planning and Sam was very knowledgable and informative, providing information based on his experience to ensure that our wedding was perfect for us. He went above and beyond his role, even helping us arrange the layout of the ceremony and reception seating and tables. Sam also provides gorgeous serving platters that would normally cost at least double if booked through another catering company. Sam provided cake servers and champagne glasses at no additional cost as well. Another great service also included in the price was his cutting and serving the wedding cake. And let me get to the taste of the food. We had a buffet type reception, and the presentation was just as phenomenal as the taste. All of our guests commented on the wonderful quality of the food, and we were incredibly satisfied. We had a variety of food at the reception, and all of it got rave reviews: from meatballs to eggplant parmesean, penne pasta, barbecue, and potato bars, you will not be disappointed!! We also hired a bartender through Sam's company, and he was very professional and really friendly, which added to our wonderful experience. We highly recommend Sam, and he is well worth his quoted price and then some. You will not regret your decision to hire someone so courteous, helpful, and professional. Best wishes to you in your search!

Sent on 04/06/2013

Kristen · Married on 11/24/2012

I have never been so impressed with a catering company in all my life! Sam Edwards was there for me every step of the planning process and not just with catering! He exceeds expectations with his knowledge of the wedding industry everywhere from space planning, decorations, being able to recommend other trusted vendors, ect. He met with us personally at our reception center to help lay out a floorplan, go over the flow of the wedding night, talk about decor, and anything else you could think of! You get so much for your money with Edward's catering: an amazing staff that is not only professional but friendly and efficient! Sam will also set you up with beautiful table linens that are included in the price of your catering! He also skirts tables for you which just added the most beautiful touch to our reception. During the wedding, Sam was always there to ask us if we needed anything, and was there with a wet wash cloth when my husband smashed the wedding cake in my face : ) His staff also set up our centerpieces the day of the wedding. I could go on and on about how amazing our experience was with Edward's catering! Choose them and rest assured you will have the most delicious food and best service possible!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Ciara · Married on 09/10/2011

Sam was amazing and was there every step of the way for my big day. He always responded immediately and offered great insight and advice on how to set up our reception. The food was beyond delicious and people are still asking who catered our reception... over a year later. I cannot think of one thing that did not go off perfectly that he was in charge of. He even made us an amazing take away bag.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Lacey · Married on 09/04/2011

Everything was awesome! No one could stop talking about how good the food tasted!

Sent on 01/11/2012

Adrienne · Married on 04/23/2011

It was a pleasure working with Sam and everyone from Edwards Catering. He had great suggestions on how to get the best menu for our money and for our location, and the food tasted even better than I had expected. Sam was extremely attentive, and ready for everything at the reception! When my husband tried to smear the wedding cake on my face, Sam was right there with a wet towel to help me clean up. He had drinks and appetizers brought to us while we took photographs, and he was a step ahead of us as we went through our night, with champagne, napkins, or anything we might have needed. The care package he prepared us was great too! We got more service than we ever could have expected, at a very reasonable price (especially considering that linens, silverware, etc) was all included, with no hidden costs (i.e. corking, cake cutting) and no set gratuity. We had a bar, but were able to supply the alcohol ourselves (to save a ton of money) and the bartenders were fantastic! They were so friendly, it felt like they were family. I would recommend Edwards Catering to anyone and everyone who is looking for great service and great food!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Megan · Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Sam and Edwards Catering, after we were lucky enough to have him cater our wedding reception. From the first meeting, I had complete faith and trust in Sam, and he does not disappoint. He made everything about planning the food and beverage so easy, thanks to his extensive knowledge and professionalism. The food was delicious, and he allowed us to provide our own alcohol. He had outstanding suggestions for everything from menu selection, to alcohol/mixer quantity to purchase, to table layout of our reception ballroom. His prices are very reasonable, especially considering the outstanding quality of food and service; also, he is upfront with costs and has no hidden fees or extras. He packaged all of our leftover food to take home, and even sent my husband and me with to-go boxes and our favorite drinks. The staff on the day-off were incredible, even helping my parents load things into the car during clean up. The only reason for a 0.5 star deduction in responsiveness is that e-mails are always answered, just not as quickly as you sometimes want them. I am so grateful we found Sam and Edwards Catering for our reception, and any bride would be lucky to book them!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Sam Edwards and his crew did a wonderful job catering my daughter's wedding. We were so pleased with everything - his personal touches were evident everywhere, from the serving dishes to the linens. His prices were very reasonable and everything was first class. He has a lot of experience and it showed. The set-up was elegant and the food was delicious! We had many guests comment on how good the food was. The bride and groom were so appreciative of the food he packed for them following the ceremony and we all enjoyed the rest of the left overs all week. Sam gave us a lot of great suggestions for the set up and reception that we wouldn't have even thought of. I would also like to compliment his staff - they were so friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was done well. Great job from all, from kitchen staff to waiters to bartenders. It was a small venue and not the easiest kitchen area to work, in but they certainly made the most of it and maintained professionalism throughout. We would highly recommend Sam to anyone who needs a good caterer, and we will definitely call on him again in the future should the need arise.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Caitlin · Married on 09/12/2015

We loved working with Edwards Catering! Sam was such a pleasure to do business with. He was always available for a phone call or to exchange emails to answer questions we had. He had catered at our venue a number of times and gave us great suggestions for setup and other logistics (even for the ceremony!) His staff was friendly, polite, and professional. One of the bartenders came over with drinks for the bridal party right after the ceremony, and the servers brought us drinks right to our sweetheart table! Sam even brought drink garnishes (not typically included) for the bar since he knew we were coming from out of town and were bringing everything ourselves. Our guests raved about the food (especially the mashed potato bar - yum!) I would recommend Edwards Catering to anyone looking for a great caterer!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Amazing true professional!!! What was the best thing that my mom loved it!!! He was able to tells us what is good in a wedding and really what is useless. I know... at the time I wanted it all, but truthfully he was right and we followed his suggestions and everything turned out SPECTACULAR!!!
    Trust in him he knows the business, plus my advise as a newlywed forget what people are going to think or say at the end of the day, those that criticize are just envious of what an amazing cater you'll have a your wedding if you go with Edwards.

Sent on 05/27/2014
  • Helen

Helen L. · Married on 05/29/2021

Edwards Catering made our wedding SO EASY!

We were initially planning to have Edwards cater our wedding September 2020, but due to covid, plans changed; however, Sam with Edwards Catering was very willing to work with us and make the necessary changes for our wedding moving it to May 2021. This is the BEST value catering you can get for a wedding in the Richmond area. Included in his price were all of the tablecloths, napkins, plates, silverware, dishes, servers, etc. We also got the mixer package which include drink mixers, garnishes, and bartender. EVERYTHING we needed to make sure our guests were satisfied with appetizers, dinner, and drinks, Edwards Catering provided. He had valuable advice in terms of menu options and amounts and types of alcohol to purchase based on our guests and his prior experience. Not only did he provide advice regarding catering, but he was helpful in all other aspects of wedding planning (amazing!). The day of the wedding, he made it stress free and was always there with a beverage or glass of water depending on our needs. At the end of the night, all of the leftover food was packaged very nicely in Tupperware containers for us to take home. He even makes a personal food package for the bride and groom to take with them after the reception (with our favorite beverages included - any request he fulfills!). The food was delicious, and Sam was able to accommodate our needs, including the need for a vegetarian/vegan entree option. All of the food was delicious. We would definitely choose Edwards Catering again!!!

Sent on 06/14/2021
  • Sheila

Sheila V. · Married on 08/19/2020

Everything they say is true. Sam was amazing.

We booked Sam for cocktail hour, linens, clean-up staff, and bartenders. Everyone on his team was so nice. They even passed out cake for us. Sam himself made sure that we tried all the hors d'oeuvres and that we got a plate to eat. Our venue was at Alturia Farm where we spent the night, and he even packaged up a meal with snacks that he put in our room for the night. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/15/2021

Ryan · Married on 11/02/2018

Such good food and such a great price!

Sam and his team were such a pleasure to work with and we are still getting compliments about the food even though our wedding was over a month ago! Unlike the many other catering companies that we met with who are just out to get your money, Sam worked backwards from our initial budget and made the menu unique to our day. The special touches did not go unnoticed. Sam was constantly asking my husband and I if we needed something to drink, if we had enough food, he and his team even had drinks and food waiting for us during pictures! The service and the bartenders were top notch and they handled such a large crowd with such ease. One of our favorite parts was the to go bag of all of the foods from the wedding and he even included some of our favorite drinks to have the night of the wedding. We can’t thank you and your team enough for all of your help on such a special day in our lives! Would recommend to anyone for any event!

Sent on 12/17/2018
  • rusticbride

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

Edwards Catering did an absolutely fantastic job on our wedding day! We got married at The Manor House at King’s Charter (a venue where they caterer A LOT of weddings!) and it was SO reassuring to know that they had a lot of experience working with and at our venue over the years. The owner, Sam, also has a great relationship with the coordinators at The Manor House and together, they pull off the most amazing weddings! Edwards Catering is also VERY affordable in comparison to other area caterers and their prices include all of your dishes, glassware, serving pieces, silverware, toasting flutes (can be borrowed/kept as a back up), cake cutting pieces (can be borrowed/kept as a back up), etc. They are such a life saver because they saved me SO MUCH TIME AND MONEY from renting all of those dining related items listed above from an actual rental company. They also were very helpful to us when it came to choosing the right menu for our wedding day and were always open to our changes whenever we had additional ideas. My only concern, at times, was that it was a little difficult to reach the owner by email from time to time (a reply would always be received, but it took longer than I would have liked on some occasions), but as your day is quickly approaching, their focus turns to you, and only you until your event is completed. A tasting is included in your pricing, and they will even box up all leftovers, as well as a Bride/Groom goodie bag, so that nothing is wasted, and that the Bride/Groom have a little mid-night snack on their wedding night! I would recommend Edwards Catering over and over again especially if you are getting married at one of their many visited venues in Metro Richmond. GREAT experience!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Kelley · Married on 08/08/2010

The food was pricey, but it is wedding food so it was well worth it. They did a great job and the food was a hit!

Sent on 04/06/2011
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 07/17/2009

We could not have selected a caterer better than Edwards Catering. They attended to our every need. We were particularly impressed with their attention to the wedding party immediately following the ceremony and before the reception. As soon as the ceremony was finished, the owner and his staff served the wedding party cold beverages and hors d'oeuvres. They also prepared a care package for us (the bride & groom) upon our departure. During our first meeting, not only did they describe their services, they provided a lot of helpful information and brought to our attention many non-catering items that we would want to consider. They provided much needed direction in selecting the perfect menu for our event and suggesting proper quantities. Compared to other vendors that we spoke to, we appreciated the fact that the price we were quoted was all inclusive. There were no extra charges for china, silver and linen rentals, cake cutting, corking fee, cake stand, etc. We would not hesitate to recommend Edwards Catering to anyone. They were attentive to every last detail!

Sent on 08/05/2009
  • Karen M

Karen · Married on 10/08/2011

Edwards catered my daughter's wedding. Sam was extremely professional, had many great suggestions, the food was excellent and we felt the price was very fair. They also provided the tables and table linens included in the package price, so we could budget accordingly. Communication in the early stages of planning could have been better, but Sam explained that he felt his primary focus was on the events he was handling at that time, and he was much more responsive as it got closer to the wedding. The only negative at the event was that we were short on salad, and we had to find someone to request extra crackers and bread at the hors d'ouevre table during cocktail hour. We got a lot of compliments on the food!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Katherine · Married on 03/30/2019

Nothing but compliments

We had a strange request and wanted a taco bar for our wedding. Edwards Catering provided a FEAST for half of what we assumed even our basic requests would cost. We live an hour plus from the company and the venue so we were nervous we couldnt try any food before hand but all the food was excellent and we got so many compliments from guests who asked if we had Sam Edwards food before. They worked with us to form a perfect menu, included things we didnt even think of, and even were accommodating for a couple items that are family traditions. Edwards Catering provided amazing food, service, and at an amazing price point.

Sent on 04/25/2019

J · Married on 05/19/2018

3.0

Food is delicious and Sam will help select a seasonally-appropriate menu that your guests will love! Prices reasonable for what’s included (bartender etc). He was very flexible with venue weather-related setup changes and his buffet presentation is spectacular. Guests raved about the food and he packs all leftovers for you. Handled cake cutting for us as well-also included. His staff is friendly and professional and you won’t be disappointed in quality, presentation and taste-just awesome!

Sent on 05/31/2018