48 Reviews for Edward Entertainment

MC (3)
Uplighting (3)
One Event Per Day (2)
48 Edward Entertainment Reviews

Ed was an amazing DJ! We are still receiving compliments about the music selection at our wedding. We were pretty confident based on other reviews that he knew what he was doing, so we sent him over a list of songs that we wanted played and told him to fill in the gaps. At the end of the night, he came up to my husband and asked what he wanted the last song played to be. My husband said "surprise me". Ed picked a great song and the reception ended with a bang! He even recorded the entire evening including the ceremony and toasts and sent them to us as sound files. Ed was absolutely amazing and we wouldn't hesitate in recommending him for any event!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mad props to our wedding reception DJ, Ed. He played basically everything we requested and/or provided, added some surprises which matched our setlist or pleased the guests, did not play the songs we asked not to play, and when friends did request a "Do Not Play," Ed directed them to us for approval ('cause if people wanna "Wobble" - who am I to slow their funk?). He even held off our music - spinning a suave, jazzy mix - until we arrived at the reception.

My new husband has some unusual music tastes (older, 60s music, etc.) and Ed was able either to pull those songs for us, or use the MP3s we shared with him. He even used music from a YouTube video in one case when the audio was unavailable any other way!

My biggest concern frankly had been someone who was overly talkative on the mic--a big problem at my sister's wedding. Not so here. Ed only made announcements/spoke at the points we'd asked him to (except for one time when someone had a missing cell phone.) When he was speaking, he was professional and concise.

We opted to add the uplighting package to our base DJ package, which was 100% worth it, at least for our venue. From the research I did, his prices were GREAT for both this and the music.

If you or someone you know is getting hitched, and celebrating in style to one's tunes is a must, this guy is your man.
Ed makes sure a splendid time is guaranteed for all! He even made us one massive MP3 of our entire reception, including anything spoken into the mics, so we got our blessing and the toasts!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/21/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

I recommend them for everyone !!!!

Profile Picture Nadia, 3/5/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was fantastic. Before the wedding, he was quick to respond to emails, and ready to accommodate any request we had. He really values being a part of people's special day, and appreciates the importance of making things go as smoothly as possible. On the day of the actual ceremony, he is -- as advertised -- unobtrusive. What that means, as far as I could tell, was that he feels strongly that you and your guests are the stars, not him. (Don't expect a big personality with cheesy jokes.) The DJing and dancing at the end of the night was a real highlight, and something our guests keep mentioning months after the wedding.

Profile Picture J.B., 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed provided us with top notch service and was an absolute key in the success of our AMAZING wedding. We had the best time, and were given so many compliments by or guests. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception went off without a hitch thanks to Ed's impeccable song list compilations and timely MCing. Thank you so much Ed!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was the DJ at our wedding reception and we were utterly and completely pleased. Our wedding guests are still raving about the dance party -- more than one has said, "It was the best wedding dance party I've ever experienced".

Ed covered all of our requests at each point in the evening (even pulling things off that I didn't think were possible like surprising one of my husband's groomsmen with a random remix that that he had been raving about on Facebook the week before the wedding). But more importantly, Ed took into consideration our feedback on the kind of music we liked and envisioned, and put together playlists that were perfect, integrating some of our favorite tracks with those from his own repertoire (which is quite vast!).

He exhibited maximum flexibility when the location for our cocktail hour had to shift because of rain. Ed is a total professional who covered each and every detail with ease and skill. We're so thankful that he was with us on our big day!

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Ed was the DJ at my wedding and he was Amazing. He provided services for my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception as well as uplighting. Since there was a lot involved, he also brought an assistant to make sure everything ran smoothly. My ceremony included mics for a small choir as well as for the officiant, my husband and myself for our outdoor wedding. He also had to hook up to a keyboard that was used to accompany my singers as well as set up speakers to play the recording of the song we wanted for our recessional. For the cocktail hour and reception I kept hearing how much fun everyone was having with the music he was playing. I, for one, was on the dance floor every second I could get, which was exactly what I wanted. On top of all of this, Ed worked with me ahead of time to work out a way for me to surprise my husband with a song during the reception where he provided a mic for me to sing and play my ukulele. He was so subtle about it and my husband was totally surprised, which was awesome.
Ed was in pretty regular contact with me leading up to the wedding and I always felt that I could trust him to do a great job and provide what I was looking for. He's also just really lovely to work with-a genuinely kind person. And that shows in his work. If you want great service, you'll get it from Ed. He really cares about his work and making your day special. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made. Thanks Ed!!

Profile Picture Suzie, 8/1/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I decided work with him and He was awesome!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Juliet , 5/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

I hired Ed late in the game because my first DJ quit. Ed had a complicated job that entailed getting the sound system coordinated for a choir on the beach, a guitarist, beach ceremony music and then reception music in the facility. Ed was easy to work with and had all the necessary equipment. he worked off a list of songs we gave him and found the ones we requested that were unusual. he coordinated the first dance and all of the background music. Our guests loved the music and the ceremony was beautiful. At the last minute Ed even found us a videographer the day before the wedding!!Ed works in the DC,MD VA area- this wedding was in Annapolis

Profile Picture Leslie, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Unique Services (Other)

Ed Witles provided our music for our wedding. I was searching for a DJ that would provide quality service and music without "stealing the show". Ed is perfect for that! Some wedding DJs can be really "cheesy" and seem to be performing. Ed is not that way at all. He knew the perfect mix of music to play to get all generations dancing. He procured our first dance song at our request, and was very attentive to the music we wanted for our event. We ended up with 8-9 inches of VERY heavy snow on our wedding day, but Ed made sure he was there to make sure our event had music. He was at the venue even before me and my fiance!! Look no further, you should use Ed for all your event needs!

Profile Picture User4814166, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was fantastic. He responded quickly to our emails and made sure that we were on the same page with everything. We had an idea of how we wanted the music to be and Ed executed it perfectly. He made sure to play all the songs we wanted and none of the songs we didn't. He also did a fantastic job cutting off some of the longer songs so they wouldn't slow things down. He far exceeds the price that he charges for such great service. He even recorded the toasts without us having to ask. If you want a DJ to be loud and do their own thing, Ed is not for you. But if you want someone who really listens to what you want and plays great music Ed can't be beat.

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I found Ed through Wedding Wire and had a strong feeling about him after reading the reviews. Now, it's my turn to write mine! We could not have asked for a better, more reliable, easy going and perfect DJ. Guests were raving about the music, it was perfect for a brunch reception in the early afternoon. He was so flexible, too, we had family from Thailand run out to their car to get a CD so that they could have some traditional Thai music, and he popped it right in and they were in heaven! He made announcements or introductions appropriately throughout the reception without interrupting or being obnoxious. We are so happy we decided to go with Ed, I can tell he will be a friend of ours for years to come :) If you are searching for an high quality, affordable, friendly and cooperative DJ, you will be silly to book anybody else.

Profile Picture User4494023, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ed did a great job at our wedding. He listened to our input but was also happy to take the lead on music for both the ceremony and reception. His service is exactly as advertised meaning that he plays great music while keeping his presence to a minimum. The dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests had a blast.

We would recommend Ed to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. It was definitely worth it.

Profile Picture User4556000, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We LOVED Ed!!! He was VERY responsive to our many emails and being that we were planning this wedding from Philadelphia, that was very comforting to know he was just a click away. We had our reception at Old Ebbitt's Grill which is a very unique venue for sound. It is wide open with marble and tall ceilings making it difficult to contain sound. We wanted a DJ that had been at this venue before so he had experience with the setting. At one time, Ed was the ONLY DJ that was allowed to work at Old Ebbitt's, so we knew he was good. He was so honest in saying that it is almost impossible to get rid of ALL echo because of the openness of the setting, but he said very confidently, that he comes the closest to doing so. We had a lot of DJ's say, "Oh yeah, we can do that" because they had never been there before. But Ed was the only honest one who told us the truth based on experience. Unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding due to a family emergency and Ed allowed us to move our deposit to our new date even though it took us 8 months to determine the new date. His deposit was not exorbitant, which made us think that he was honest and confident as well as qualified and not just in it for the money. Most importantly, he played the BEST music!!! All I did was tell him the type of music we preferred and he more than delivered. I literally DID NOT leave the dance floor once during the reception, which was exactly how I wanted it! After the reception was over, our guests chanted, "One more song! One more song!" And Ed played one more song........4 times!!! Everyone kept coming up to me later saying how awesome our DJ was! He really made the night! We even got a CD afterwards with all the sound of the whole evening...the introductions, the toasts and 4 hours of music. We did get a videographer, so this was priceless. he even brought uplighting (which wasn't even included in our package) because he was trying to add that to his repertoire. It really was the perfect touch!!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/10/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Ed was great, from our first Google Chat to submitting our playlist and do not playlist to the day itself. He was very friendly, kept a lively atmosphere for our guests and very professional. A job very well done!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/9/13, 2 Reviews
4.1

Good DJ. He'll play songs you request, leave out the ones you don't want, and avoid any of the cheesy line dances, etc. He is a little on the expensive side, but we had a wedding channel deal. Make sure you have a day of coordinator or someone acting as one to keep the reception events moving along on schedule.

Profile Picture User3296176, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Ed and Chris (our DJ) and I liked them the moment I spoke to Chris. Other DJ's seemed to be young and inexperienced - Chris knew exactly what to do and had answers for each question I asked. The day of the wedding he was awesome. He even got my grandma on the dance floor for most of the night along with our college friends. He knew what music to play with and how to help get through the cake cutting, garter toss, etc without interupting the flow of the music. I would recommend Chris and Ed to anyone looking for a professional DJ.

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/22/13, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the beginning of our correspondence all the way through the planning process he made it a really smooth easy thing to handle. He had great musical suggestions and we had a lot of unconventional music we wanted included and he was so great throughout the entire process.

Profile Picture User3604853, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was excellent to work with, very flexible and made our event exactly what we were hoping for. We had a small wedding with a cocktail party style reception and Ed's "unobtrusive" style was exactly what we were looking for. He used his expertise to shape our reception into something wonderful and kept a great flow to the day. His knowledge of music and suggestions were extremely helpful. He somehow turned our schizophrenic and bizarre list of music must plays into something amazing that everyone enjoyed. While we did not anticipate much dancing at our event, somehow Ed's selections got people moving and singing along. It was quite a party and we owe it all to Ed. I would highly recommend his services to any bride.

Profile Picture Mindy, 4/27/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was an amazing DJ. He did a great job working with our Master of Ceremonies and going through the reception seamlessly- making sure that all of the events were on time and the guests were aware of all of the activities ( we had quiet a few activities as we had frozen yogurt brought in as one of the desert items). The music was great and a lovely mix of all eras. Our guests both young and old enjoyed the music and the dance floor was always packed. I was also very thankful that the music was very much age appropriate for our younger guests ( as I was quiet worried). I would definitely recommend him to any bride in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area. The best part is that we got a recording of the ceremony, which is such a priceless gift as the speeches at the wedding were amazing.

Profile Picture Yelena, 7/14/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

Ed did a wonderful job. He really listened to what we wanted gave helpful suggestions and was very easy to work with. He played great music and was just what we wanted. So many times at weddings you get a super cheesy DJ. Not at our wedding! He just played great music and was just the right level to guide the evening with out it being all about him. Grat experience!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/23/12, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thankfully we found a Wedding Channel coupon otherwise we would've never been able to afford Ed... and that would've been a total shame because he was an excellent DJ. Speaking of which, the coupon had expired by a day or so, and Ed still honored it. Ed had the challenge of playing songs that not only catered to our young and old guests but also mixed cultures steeped in tradition. We think (confirmed by our guests and a crowded dance floor the entire night) that Ed executed these challenges flawlessly. On the personal side, Ed is such a nice guy. He checked on us often to make sure that we were doing well and to offer additional support wherever needed. He was also very understanding, as we were still making tough decisions about 2 weeks from the wedding (music for parent dances, bridal party entrance, etc.). I remember I even called him from the mall to have him listen to a song they were playing over the intercom system in Macys... needless to say, it ended up being the perfect song for our bridal party entrance. He also loves to talk about all things techy-gadget related, which my new husband absolutely loved... those occasional conversations provided a nice break from the stresses of planning a wedding. We also learned that Ed aka the Elegant DJ is very well-known and loved in the DMV area. We met a few other DJs while attending bridal expos and showcases, and when we said that we had Ed as our DJ, they were all quite jealous, but also had very nice things to say about him, which was quite comforting considering we didn't actually meet him until the day of our wedding! All-in-all no real complaints, other than I wish the night lasted a little longer so that I could actually spend more time on the dance floor with our guests.

Thank you Ed!

Profile Picture Tameka, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ed was the perfect DJ for our May 12 wedding. He was receptive to our ideas and suggestions, and he created a fabulous playlist that kept the dance floor packed all night long. Ed was very easy to work with and was extremely professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other brides seeking a classy, non-intrusive DJ for their wedding. Thanks Ed!!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/12/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed Witles was very professional about his dj services and did as he promises: remains an unobtrusive dj. He did a great job with our requests (keeping dinnertime music soft and classic and turning it up for the dancing period). He was courtesous and did not seek attention for himself. We have recommended him to other friends getting married or looking for events.

Profile Picture User2922811, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ed was absolutely wonderful! My husband was terrified of the idea of a DJ - someone in a tacky vest playing music we cannot control? Not at all - Ed was extremely flexible and took the lead from music we picked (and then expanded with awesome songs that went along with our style). He was also willing to play things "on the fly" when a member of the wedding party asked him to. Everything was integrated and Ed's choice of music made the entire reception seamless.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 12/18/11, 1 Review