Edward Entertainment Reviews

48 | Washington, DC

48 Reviews for Edward Entertainment

48 Edward Entertainment Reviews

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2016

Ed was an amazing DJ! We are still receiving compliments about the music selection at our wedding. We were pretty confident based on other reviews that he knew what he was doing, so we sent him over a list of songs that we wanted played and told him to fill in the gaps. At the end of the night, he came up to my husband and asked what he wanted the last song played to be. My husband said "surprise me". Ed picked a great song and the reception ended with a bang! He even recorded the entire evening including the ceremony and toasts and sent them to us as sound files. Ed was absolutely amazing and we wouldn't hesitate in recommending him for any event!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind comments. When your guests started dancing during cocktail hour, I knew we were going to have a great time. And enjoyed up lighting the Westin for both ceremony and reception. Best wishes to you and yours.
  • Sarah687

Sarah · Married on 05/21/2016

Mad props to our wedding reception DJ, Ed. He played basically everything we requested and/or provided, added some surprises which matched our setlist or pleased the guests, did not play the songs we asked not to play, and when friends did request a "Do Not Play," Ed directed them to us for approval ('cause if people wanna "Wobble" - who am I to slow their funk?). He even held off our music - spinning a suave, jazzy mix - until we arrived at the reception.

My new husband has some unusual music tastes (older, 60s music, etc.) and Ed was able either to pull those songs for us, or use the MP3s we shared with him. He even used music from a YouTube video in one case when the audio was unavailable any other way!

My biggest concern frankly had been someone who was overly talkative on the mic--a big problem at my sister's wedding. Not so here. Ed only made announcements/spoke at the points we'd asked him to (except for one time when someone had a missing cell phone.) When he was speaking, he was professional and concise.

We opted to add the uplighting package to our base DJ package, which was 100% worth it, at least for our venue. From the research I did, his prices were GREAT for both this and the music.

If you or someone you know is getting hitched, and celebrating in style to one's tunes is a must, this guy is your man.
    Ed makes sure a splendid time is guaranteed for all! He even made us one massive MP3 of our entire reception, including anything spoken into the mics, so we got our blessing and the toasts!

Sent on 06/05/2016

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much. It was a pleasure in help making your big day all that you had envisioned. Best wishes to you and yours.

Nadia · Married on 03/05/2016

I recommend them for everyone !!!!

Megan · Married on 10/10/2015

Ed provided us with top notch service and was an absolute key in the success of our AMAZING wedding. We had the best time, and were given so many compliments by or guests. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception went off without a hitch thanks to Ed's impeccable song list compilations and timely MCing. Thank you so much Ed!!

Natalie · Married on 10/03/2015

Ed was the DJ at our wedding reception and we were utterly and completely pleased. Our wedding guests are still raving about the dance party -- more than one has said, "It was the best wedding dance party I've ever experienced".

Ed covered all of our requests at each point in the evening (even pulling things off that I didn't think were possible like surprising one of my husband's groomsmen with a random remix that that he had been raving about on Facebook the week before the wedding). But more importantly, Ed took into consideration our feedback on the kind of music we liked and envisioned, and put together playlists that were perfect, integrating some of our favorite tracks with those from his own repertoire (which is quite vast!).

He exhibited maximum flexibility when the location for our cocktail hour had to shift because of rain. Ed is a total professional who covered each and every detail with ease and skill. We're so thankful that he was with us on our big day!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. From the moment we met I knew you both had a fun event planned. Best wishes to you and yours as you share the upcoming holiday season as a married couple.
  • Suzie

Suzie · Married on 08/01/2015

Ed was the DJ at my wedding and he was Amazing. He provided services for my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception as well as uplighting. Since there was a lot involved, he also brought an assistant to make sure everything ran smoothly. My ceremony included mics for a small choir as well as for the officiant, my husband and myself for our outdoor wedding. He also had to hook up to a keyboard that was used to accompany my singers as well as set up speakers to play the recording of the song we wanted for our recessional. For the cocktail hour and reception I kept hearing how much fun everyone was having with the music he was playing. I, for one, was on the dance floor every second I could get, which was exactly what I wanted. On top of all of this, Ed worked with me ahead of time to work out a way for me to surprise my husband with a song during the reception where he provided a mic for me to sing and play my ukulele. He was so subtle about it and my husband was totally surprised, which was awesome.
    Ed was in pretty regular contact with me leading up to the wedding and I always felt that I could trust him to do a great job and provide what I was looking for. He's also just really lovely to work with-a genuinely kind person. And that shows in his work. If you want great service, you'll get it from Ed. He really cares about his work and making your day special. Hiring him was one of the best decisions we made. Thanks Ed!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Hi Suzie - Thanks for the kind words! Totally my pleasure to make your big day - the very best it could be. Wish I could have couples like you for each and every wedding. And your choir? Loved them. Thanks again and best wishes in your new lives together.

Juliet · Married on 05/15/2015

I decided work with him and He was awesome!!!!!!!

Leslie · Married on 04/11/2015

I hired Ed late in the game because my first DJ quit. Ed had a complicated job that entailed getting the sound system coordinated for a choir on the beach, a guitarist, beach ceremony music and then reception music in the facility. Ed was easy to work with and had all the necessary equipment. he worked off a list of songs we gave him and found the ones we requested that were unusual. he coordinated the first dance and all of the background music. Our guests loved the music and the ceremony was beautiful. At the last minute Ed even found us a videographer the day before the wedding!!Ed works in the DC,MD VA area- this wedding was in Annapolis

Sent on 04/17/2015

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was my pleasure to help make your big day memorable for you and your family & friends.

Ed Witles provided our music for our wedding. I was searching for a DJ that would provide quality service and music without "stealing the show". Ed is perfect for that! Some wedding DJs can be really "cheesy" and seem to be performing. Ed is not that way at all. He knew the perfect mix of music to play to get all generations dancing. He procured our first dance song at our request, and was very attentive to the music we wanted for our event. We ended up with 8-9 inches of VERY heavy snow on our wedding day, but Ed made sure he was there to make sure our event had music. He was at the venue even before me and my fiance!! Look no further, you should use Ed for all your event needs!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It really is all about the bride's (and groom's) big day. This was the third snow wedding I have done and would do it again all over for you. Best wishes as you begin this new journey together.

Leigh · Married on 10/18/2014

Ed was fantastic. He responded quickly to our emails and made sure that we were on the same page with everything. We had an idea of how we wanted the music to be and Ed executed it perfectly. He made sure to play all the songs we wanted and none of the songs we didn't. He also did a fantastic job cutting off some of the longer songs so they wouldn't slow things down. He far exceeds the price that he charges for such great service. He even recorded the toasts without us having to ask. If you want a DJ to be loud and do their own thing, Ed is not for you. But if you want someone who really listens to what you want and plays great music Ed can't be beat.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for those kinds words of praise. And testimony of what we bring to each and every wedding event. Best wishes to you and yours.

I found Ed through Wedding Wire and had a strong feeling about him after reading the reviews. Now, it's my turn to write mine! We could not have asked for a better, more reliable, easy going and perfect DJ. Guests were raving about the music, it was perfect for a brunch reception in the early afternoon. He was so flexible, too, we had family from Thailand run out to their car to get a CD so that they could have some traditional Thai music, and he popped it right in and they were in heaven! He made announcements or introductions appropriately throughout the reception without interrupting or being obnoxious. We are so happy we decided to go with Ed, I can tell he will be a friend of ours for years to come :) If you are searching for an high quality, affordable, friendly and cooperative DJ, you will be silly to book anybody else.

Ed did a great job at our wedding. He listened to our input but was also happy to take the lead on music for both the ceremony and reception. His service is exactly as advertised meaning that he plays great music while keeping his presence to a minimum. The dance floor was packed the entire night and our guests had a blast.

We would recommend Ed to anyone looking for a wedding DJ. It was definitely worth it.

We LOVED Ed!!! He was VERY responsive to our many emails and being that we were planning this wedding from Philadelphia, that was very comforting to know he was just a click away. We had our reception at Old Ebbitt's Grill which is a very unique venue for sound. It is wide open with marble and tall ceilings making it difficult to contain sound. We wanted a DJ that had been at this venue before so he had experience with the setting. At one time, Ed was the ONLY DJ that was allowed to work at Old Ebbitt's, so we knew he was good. He was so honest in saying that it is almost impossible to get rid of ALL echo because of the openness of the setting, but he said very confidently, that he comes the closest to doing so. We had a lot of DJ's say, "Oh yeah, we can do that" because they had never been there before. But Ed was the only honest one who told us the truth based on experience. Unfortunately, we had to postpone our wedding due to a family emergency and Ed allowed us to move our deposit to our new date even though it took us 8 months to determine the new date. His deposit was not exorbitant, which made us think that he was honest and confident as well as qualified and not just in it for the money. Most importantly, he played the BEST music!!! All I did was tell him the type of music we preferred and he more than delivered. I literally DID NOT leave the dance floor once during the reception, which was exactly how I wanted it! After the reception was over, our guests chanted, "One more song! One more song!" And Ed played one more song........4 times!!! Everyone kept coming up to me later saying how awesome our DJ was! He really made the night! We even got a CD afterwards with all the sound of the whole evening...the introductions, the toasts and 4 hours of music. We did get a videographer, so this was priceless. he even brought uplighting (which wasn't even included in our package) because he was trying to add that to his repertoire. It really was the perfect touch!!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Edward Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for those kind words. It really warmed my heart. It was my pleasure in help making your big day - truly epic and memorable. The recordings of speeches will be treasured for many years to come. Best wishes as you begin this journey together.

Nicole · Married on 11/09/2013

Ed was great, from our first Google Chat to submitting our playlist and do not playlist to the day itself. He was very friendly, kept a lively atmosphere for our guests and very professional. A job very well done!!!

From the beginning of our correspondence all the way through the planning process he made it a really smooth easy thing to handle. He had great musical suggestions and we had a lot of unconventional music we wanted included and he was so great throughout the entire process.

Mindy · Married on 04/27/2013

Ed was excellent to work with, very flexible and made our event exactly what we were hoping for. We had a small wedding with a cocktail party style reception and Ed's "unobtrusive" style was exactly what we were looking for. He used his expertise to shape our reception into something wonderful and kept a great flow to the day. His knowledge of music and suggestions were extremely helpful. He somehow turned our schizophrenic and bizarre list of music must plays into something amazing that everyone enjoyed. While we did not anticipate much dancing at our event, somehow Ed's selections got people moving and singing along. It was quite a party and we owe it all to Ed. I would highly recommend his services to any bride.

• Y

Yelena · Married on 07/14/2012

Ed was an amazing DJ. He did a great job working with our Master of Ceremonies and going through the reception seamlessly- making sure that all of the events were on time and the guests were aware of all of the activities ( we had quiet a few activities as we had frozen yogurt brought in as one of the desert items). The music was great and a lovely mix of all eras. Our guests both young and old enjoyed the music and the dance floor was always packed. I was also very thankful that the music was very much age appropriate for our younger guests ( as I was quiet worried). I would definitely recommend him to any bride in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area. The best part is that we got a recording of the ceremony, which is such a priceless gift as the speeches at the wedding were amazing.

Allison · Married on 05/12/2012

Ed was the perfect DJ for our May 12 wedding. He was receptive to our ideas and suggestions, and he created a fabulous playlist that kept the dance floor packed all night long. Ed was very easy to work with and was extremely professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to other brides seeking a classy, non-intrusive DJ for their wedding. Thanks Ed!!

Stephanie · Married on 12/18/2011

Ed was absolutely wonderful! My husband was terrified of the idea of a DJ - someone in a tacky vest playing music we cannot control? Not at all - Ed was extremely flexible and took the lead from music we picked (and then expanded with awesome songs that went along with our style). He was also willing to play things "on the fly" when a member of the wedding party asked him to. Everything was integrated and Ed's choice of music made the entire reception seamless.

Heather · Married on 10/01/2011

Ed Witles, the Elegant DJ, was a great choice of DJ for our wedding! He was incredibly flexible, responsive, and, as expected, played a great selection of music with only general guidance from us. In addition to being a great DJ, he was very easy to get a hold of, unlike most wedding vendors, and talk to when you needed information or had questions. That made the booking process much easier! His equipment was great, and he was ready to provide sound amplification for the ceremony at the last minute if we said we needed it. Also, he brought all of his own equipment with him in the event that some of the outdoor electric sockets did not work properly (and some of them did not at our venue). As he states on his website, he really is a very professional, tasteful DJ that we were proud to have at our wedding.

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2011

Ed is the most delightful person to work with! I had complete control over the music played, and the day of the wedding I was not worried at all about things going as planned.....Ed is very organized and responsible and I knew I had nothing to worry about. He made sure every single detail was accounted for, and I am so glad I chose him to do the ceremony and the reception music. He was not tacky at all * which was my number one concern with the DJ for the wedding...I didn't want obnoxious comments and cheesy music* Ed had everything timed perfectly and made it not only an extremely classy event, but the most fun I have ever had in my life! Every song was played at the correct time, and every guest commented on what great music we had. I am glad I trusted Ed with the most important day of my life, it turned out better than I could have ever imagined!!! He is spectacular!

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2010

Ed Witles of The Elegant DJ provided a superb service for our wedding! We had Ed for our reception only. We sent him a "sample" playlist and he took our ideas and made it even better. We told him, "just keep people dancing" and he did! The music was awesome. My parents commented on how good the music was. I'll never forget watching my husband's grandmother do the Thriller dance. On another note Ed's setup is very small and unobtrusive. You barely notice it's there, and he doesn't do any silly announcements. He didn't need to urge people onto the dance floor because the music was so good that people went on their own.

Monique · Married on 07/10/2010

This DJ was excellent. Most of the songs I requested were played at the reception and all genres were mixed beautifully. The crowd loved everything and were dancing the night away. His introductions were lively and flawless. I would highly recommend the Elegant DJ for any event.

Kalima · Married on 07/09/2010

The Elegant DJ is just the perfect description of Ed Witles. From the time we met him for we were immediately comfortable with him. You can immediately tell he really loves his profession; Ed is very proud of and superbly proficient with his DJ equipment. Ed was also ready for all the last minute changes were making for both our ceremony and the reception. I was incredibly lucky and thankful for finding a DJ as professional as Ed. During the reception Ed totally adapted and improvised to the music requests and kept the party rocking. Both our families loved working with Ed. I would highly recommend Ed Witles for any event in need of an “Elegant DJ!”

D · Married on 07/03/2010

Ed Witles is a superstar DJ. I have no regrets having worked with Ed, he is wonderful. Not only is he a fantastic DJ, but he has a warm and caring personality which makes the process so much easier. He is excited about music in a good way, makes great suggestions and created a playlist that appealed to everyone ranging from older family members in their 70s to all of our friends in their 20s and 30s.

Everyone raved about the music and I had a few peopole tell me it had been the best wedding they had ever been to - and we all know a huge part of that is the music.

Ed is a true professional and I never had to a moment of worry or doubt that he would do a stellar job - I had complete confidence in him from start to finish.

It was such a treat to receive our ENTIRE playlist from start to finish the day afer the wedding. It was amazing to actually listen to the music from our wedding day - because as the bride and groom you don't really have the opportunity to experience the event the same way as your guests. But to have it all really helped capture so many memories.