Editing Life Videography Reviews

166 | Baltimore, MD

166 Reviews for Editing Life Videography

Rebecca · Married on 11/06/2010

While planning my November 2010 wedding, I didn't think I needed to hire a videographer. I figured that the photographer would capture all of the memories. While watching my sister's wedding video (Matt Buerhaus also did her wedding), I quickly changed my mind. It would have been a shame for me NOT to have a wedding video! Matt did the most amazing job with my wedding video! He also sent me the real outtakes DVD and my bridesmaids and I have had an awesome time watching it and reliving the day! As my one year anniversary approaches, I cannot wait to watch the video again with my husband ( I have already watched it numerous times!). Matt has a true gift and you won't be sorry with his services! He is also very affordable! Thank you Matt for giving me such a great memory of my special day!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Dana · Married on 08/06/2010

Matt did a fantastic job at our wedding! At first I didn't know if I wanted to hire a videographer or use the money towards something else but I am SO GLAD that I did. He was truly a blessing capturing all of the things my husband and I missed. He made sure to not get in the way of different things and most of the time we didn't even know he was there! I couldn't have asked for a better videographer. I highly recommend Buerhaus Design for any of your videography needs.

Sent on 12/01/2010
  • Meliss

Melissa · Married on 06/19/2010

Matt did a fantastic job documenting our big day! Our wedding was June 19th and we just received our DVDs last week. It was WELL WORTH the wait! Matt did not miss one single little detail. I loved the spotlights and format of the video. It is also nice to have the raw footage of the entire day. Having a video of your wedding is a MUST in my opinion...it wil be nice to watch for years and years to come and to show children, grand-children, etc. Unless of course, DVDs become "ancient" like VCRs. LOL. Anyway, I never felt like Matt was in my face but somehow he was there and got everything. I really did not know he was there! It was perfect! He is very easy to reach via email and his website is very informative about what to expect as far as preparation, the day of and what you need to give him to complete the video. I really cannot say enough good things about Matt's services. He is top notch!!!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Kelly · Married on 11/27/2009

We love love love our video! Matt was wonderful to work with and did an exceptional job. We would highly recommend his services. Thankfully we decided on getting a video because we weren't planning on it until about two weeks before our wedding. I contacted him to check his availability and he made everything very simple. If you're on the fence about having a videographer, it's well worth it!

Sent on 03/29/2010

Rebecca · Married on 10/25/2009

Amazing service! Matt is extremely responsive pre, during and post wedding day. I felt 100% confident with him. Also, his work on editing the video is amazing and not cheesey at all. I recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 11/19/2010

andrea · Married on 10/03/2009

i highly highly highly recommend Buerhas designs. Matt was just absolutley fantastic to work with. he was always responsive to my emails and questions and made me feel so comfortable. he helped arrange some classic shots at my wedding that i wanted and did an amazing job. if you are debating whether or not to use a videographer, you should. and make sure you do it right by using buerhas designs

Sent on 10/27/2009

Jessica · Married on 08/29/2009

Matt was always friendly and very responsive to any emails leading up to the wedding day. On the day-of he was very behind-the-scenes during the ceremony and reception, you hardly noticed him at all, but he got some great footage. The edited video we received back from him was wonderful. It exceeded all of my expectations. His editing and special effects he adds are amazing. He made the video both fun and emotional. My Husband did not originally want to pay for a videographer, but after he saw the final product he was so glad we did.

Sent on 10/14/2009

Stephanie · Married on 05/24/2009

Matt is a really cool guy, easy to work with, and was great to have around at the wedding. He is very responsive to emails. He was the first and only videographer we met, and after meeting him we didn't think there was a need to search any further. He offers a lot of different packages and they are reasonably priced. He was unobtrusive at the wedding, yet captured great footage. Matt has an artistic eye and we absolutely love how he edited our wedding video. We've watched it so many times! Hiring Matt was a great decision. No regrets!

Sent on 09/17/2009

Candice · Married on 09/20/2008

Matt is phenomenal! His work is outstanding and Matt is such a nice person. He was so responsive throughout the planning and he stayed late at our reception. The final product was great and it was so fun to relive everything through our amazing video!

Sent on 12/10/2008

Sandie · Married on 04/27/2007

Matt videoed our wedding, and he was practically invisible, yet caught everything. The DVD he made for us is PHENOMENAL, we could not be happier with it! A friend had told me that they wished they had spent more on their videographer, rather than photographer, because of all the special moments that you forget or miss, but that the video catches - even better than the photos. I am so glad I listened to their advice - and I even only booked him just a few days before the wedding! Matt's video of our wedding is so wonderful, and so perfectly and professionally done. It is the one thing I am most pleased with from any of our vendors.

Sent on 11/27/2007

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2006

Buerhaus Design is one of the best vendors that I hired for the wedding. Matt is such a nice guy and is brillant at what he does. His work speaks for itself. We will cherish our wedding video forever and cant wait to show our children their parents and grandparents dacing all night! I highly highly recommend Buerhaus Design.

Sent on 06/22/2007

Rebecca · Married on 05/07/2006

We went with Matt because his prices were very reasonable and we just wanted video of the ceremony. We weren't going to have video but decided to hire at the last minute. We're actually quite glad that we did it. The wedding day is such an adrenaline blur and I would have missed not having the video to watch in retrospect. My best advice is be specific about what music you want and watch the video Matt sends you ASAP. He erases the original files 1 month after he sends you the DVD.

A short clip of our video is posted at: http://www.buerhausdesign.com/spotlight/Spotlight28.html

Sent on 12/21/2006
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/22/2017

When we first put together our wedding budget, we didn't think we'd have the money for a videographer & then we got an email from Matt @ Editing Life. The flexibility and affordability made the possibility of video at our wedding a reality. A little over a week after the wedding, we were able to see some of the footage and we can't wait to see more! The day of staff was very nice, pre-ceremony logistics was a breeze and we're so happy they supplied mics so that we could hear our vows and ceremony on video. We got so much for the money we spent. Well worth the investment!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Alexis · Married on 11/01/2014

From start to finish, Matt Buerhaus was wonderful to work with for our November 2014 wedding. At first, we were unsure if we wanted a videographer, but after talking with other brides and seeing recent videos of friends' weddings, I knew for a fact this was a service that I could not pass up. I did extensive research and decided to go with Matt based on his extremely reasonably priced packages and all the options you could choose from. His website has an extensive amount of information and past client videos which I found very helpful (and fun to look at!)
    In terms of videography, our package was very well priced to begin with and we also got a discount because our wedding was in the "off season". It really was a steal. Matt couldn't have been more helpful and responsive throughout the whole process. Our videographers on the Big Day were his mother and father. Both were unobtrusive while still being able to capture all the special moments. His mother (her name has slipped my mind at the moment!) was also really nice and and helpful while she was up with me in the bridal suite before the ceremony. Very much appreciated for a bride with some butterflies in her stomach!
    The production time of the video was pretty typical for the service I believe. It took about 4 months to get the finished product back. Matt also posts a short highlight video on his website shortly after your wedding so you can get a sneak peek and share with your family/friends.
    We are so happy with the results and I love every moment of the video. I especially like the highlight sections. I find myself watching the DVD often just to re-live the emotions of that day! Thank you Matt and the entire Buerhaus Design team!!!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jeff · event on 09/01/2011

Buerhaus Design has been providing videography services for my non-profit organization for a couple years now, as well as for our annual awards gala and several high-profile conferences. They provide video coverage of our half-day mini-conferences that we hold once a quarter.

Matt's work onsite has been outstanding. He and his colleagues are set up quickly, coverage is great, and they produce a quality finished product. Buerhaus Design has been very responsive to our changing needs, and we recommend them highly for corporate events and conferences.

Sent on 10/11/2011

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

Great team to work with, but unfortunately I was really disappointed with the final product. The first 1/2 of the video is in black and white with editing, then the second 1/2 of the video was the same thing over again with no edits. After seeing a coworker's wedding video a few weeks ago the difference in quality was really evident to me. Too bad because they were so easy to work with and responsive!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Editing Life Videography's reply:

I'm sincerely unhappy there may be someone out there who isn't pleased with their video. At the same time, I respectfully have reservations about this review. What's described is nothing like the videos we produce. We've never edited the first half of any video in black and white and then repeat the same unedited footage in color. Our full productions are also always fully edited.

Nevertheless, our clients and potential clients can view video samples of every aspect of any type of video we produce on our website. We have detailed descriptions of any segment of any type of video on our Wedding Services page with links to video samples of each aspect. On our FAQ page and even in our contracts, we offer our clients the ability to sit in with me personally during the editing stage to tweak their video to their liking. We also emphasize that if any client doesn't like what they see with our style of editing in the sample videos we offer, they can send us another company or artists work via an online video link and we can do our best to mimic that style.... and if they're unhappy in anyway with what we do produce, we'd be happy to make revisions.

I have not been contacted by any of our clients with comments about our work echoing this review, so I wouldn't know how to even reach out to this client since they are posting anonymously. I would encourage anybody who is unhappy with their final product to contact me as I'm always willing to make sure our clients are 100% pleased with our services.

My suggestion to anyone in the market for video for their wedding is to view sample videos of any company's work. What you would receive if you hire that company should be indicative of those samples.

In short, our work reflects what can be found on our Sample video page and any of our clients videos will be similar in style and quality, and I'm happy to work with anyone to get their video 'right' should we produce anything they're unhappy with.