Editing Life Videography Reviews

164 | Baltimore, MD

164 Reviews for Editing Life Videography

Mary · Married on 11/22/2014

Matt is absolutely excellent to work with. My husband and I were very satisfied with his work. Professional, down to earth, honest, and overall just a great guy to work with. We can not say enough good things about Buerhaus Design and I have already recommended him to other friends who are engaged. You get so much for such a good price. I highly recommend Matt and his team!!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Regina · Married on 11/15/2014

I've been working with Matt Buerhaus on our November wedding, and throughout the process it has been such a pleasure working with him. I was referred to Matt from a friend, and the thing I like the most about Buerhaus Design is that they spell everything out so clearly and are extremely transparent regarding their pricing and the various steps of the process. He worked closely with our church to scope out the best locations to shoot from during our ceremony (very proactive), and he's super responsive in all communications. We received our highlight reel while we were on our honeymoon and it was so special getting to watch it so soon after our wedding! The preview has made us extremely excited for the full video to come. Matt's work is excellent, and from what I've heard from fellow brides we lucked out with the best of the best! Not only are they extremely affordable, they're fast and reliable...what more can you ask for!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Erika · Married on 10/25/2014

I highly recommend Matt as an amazing wedding videographer! Not only did he make the pre-wedding planning process so simple, he was so organized and very responsive. He answered my e-mails and calls in a timely manner and made me feel confident and comfortable by understanding our wedding timeline and the important details that I wanted documented. He went ABOVE and BEYOND in this regard, highlighting parts of the day that I didn't think about before - and I've only seen our Sneak Peak Preview video! Which is another great part about Matt - he provides you a sneak peak preview right after the wedding - mine was provided to me within couple of days afterwards! I cannot wait to see the full version and the edited mini video.

Matt was so flexible and willing to film my wedding for 12 hours! I researched over 100 videographers in the PA/MD/DC area and let me tell you that Matt is the one to choose! He provided amazing service, excellent quality, and a very affordable price. Thank you Matt for giving us this gift of remembering our day forever!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Gabriela · Married on 10/25/2014

My daughter got married this past October and I must say that the wedding videographer was FANTASTIC! One of the most impressive things was the fact that you could not even notice him throughout the day, yet how he captured the moments were beautiful.

One of the best things about Matt is that he really cares about you as a person and really wants you to have the best experience. When my daughter asked Matt if there was anyway he could share the full version of the ceremony soon after the wedding so that our family who lives in Slovakia could see it - he did not hesitate. He included the full ceremony within a day after the wedding and our entire family in Slovakia could watch this special day. This was a last minute request and he was so willing to do this! Just one example of how great of a videographer he is - flexible, professional, and provides high quality videos.

Thank you Matt for making my daughter's wedding so memorable! She raved about how great it was working with you!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Devon · Married on 10/25/2014

I used Editing Life Videography for my wedding and loved them! Brandan was my videographer and he did an excellent job. Turn around time for the video was very fast. And as a bonus, they post a little snip of the wedding video the next day or so! Matt Buerhaus was great and quick about responding to my emails and very helpful when it came to sending in pictures for my video. Definitely worth my money!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Matt at Buerhaus Design was wonderful; professional and friendly. The Sneak Peek video he posted was just fantastic. We are so excited to see the final video. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Emily · Married on 06/21/2014

Matt did an absolutely amazing job recording our special day. I decided I wanted a videographer and found Matt only a few months before the wedding. From beginning to end, working with Matt was so easy and he is very responsive to emails with questions, ideas, etc. I should Matt a video of someone else's wedding that I really liked and he ran with it and I couldn't be happier with how mine wedding video turned out. Matt got along great with all of my other vendors and he was never ever in the way like some videographers are when they bring their giant spotlight on wheels to the reception and it kills the mood. After watching the video it brought me right back to my special day, even the raw footage was great...I could hear my husband talking to himself as I was coming down the aisle telling himself not to cry. I could not believe the number of different camera angles one person was able to achieve, it seemed like I had 3 different videographers when I only had the one. Overall, Matt's prices are extremely reasonable and well worth every cent.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Emily · Married on 06/21/2014

I used Editing Life Videography and Matthew Buerhaus for my daughter's wedding in June 2014 and was thrilled with his work. He was wonderful to work with and you didn't even notice him at the event because he stayed inconspicuous however got great video and the end result was amazing. When my next daughter was got engaged for a wedding in June 2017 we immediately contacted Matt to video her wedding. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the wedding but Matthew Buerhaus was very compassionate when I told him about the situation and told me if he was able to schedule another wedding on our date that he would return my deposit. Matt contacted me months later to let me know that he was able to re-book the date and RETURNED MY DEPOSIT. I was so grateful and will definitely contact Matt and Editing Life Videography for any future video needs.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Excellent service and quality. Matt provided professional service every step of the way through and tailored the product (and price) to suit our needs. Couldn't be happier with the way our video turned out!

Sent on 11/26/2014
  • DoctorMarriesDeeJay.com

Cary · Married on 02/15/2014

We've known Matt for many years, and even outside of our wedding experience you just won't meet someone who has a more relaxed, yet fun, easy, super professional, and perfect approach to things. Some of the photos that Sapphire Photography snapped of Matt in his shooting mode was hilarious, because this guy really knows exactly how to not miss a single thing!! We have a photo of him up inside of a fire escape roof access ladder with his camera shooting down to grab whatever it was that he thought was going to be relevant. He's just one of those vendors where all of the compliments fit, he's worth every penny, and having a recording of a day that will be forever yours is just priceless. I know for us one main reason was to have video of Grandparents, this was the Groom's view point, and then 18 months later both of the Bride's Grandmother's passed away within 3 weeks of each other. We now have this footage and can go back to remember how we shared this memorable day with two people that meant so much to both the Bride & Groom. The Buerhaus Team of Editing Life is the Oscar of the Emmy when it comes to every category rated, money well spent, and they'll forever have our recommendation!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Kathryn · Married on 11/12/2013

Matt was responsive and attentive prior to our wedding, nearly invisible during and kept in contact nearly every week during production. Prior to our wedding, Matt met with the mother of the bride multiple times and received photos to be included in the final product. He and his company responded through e-mail and via telephone promptly. The day of the wedding was wonderful and we hardly noticed them. We are very satisfied with our final product and very happy we selected his company. I cannot imagine a better experience from any company. ALSO, this is a local Maryland Company! There is nothing I like better than supporting a local company that has the skill and support to produce a high quality product.

Sent on 02/19/2014

Michele · Married on 09/28/2013

Brandan and Meghan were prompt, professional and courteous throughout our entire wedding day. They were able to capture amazing footage without interfering with the special moments and atmosphere of the day. The time, creativity and professionalism that was put into our wedding video was evident from the final product. Matt went above and beyond making sure our special requests were fulfilled. We can't thank the Buerhaus team enough for their outstanding work and would highly recommend them to anyone. Because of them, we will be able to view our wonderful wedding memories forever!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Anne · Married on 09/21/2013

I cannot begin to say enough amazing things about Matt and Buerhaus Design. Originally, my husband and I were not going to have a videographer, but after hearing many people tell us how great Matt was, we decided to do it.

The prices are incredibly reasonable and you get a great video in return. I probably watched our recap 50 times within two days of him publishing it online and it made me grin like a fool every time. And the two hour video made me so incredibly happy to watch. You will not be disappointed with what you get.

Matt was also really great at answering any and all questions we had. We never had to hound him to follow up with us and he had all sorts of great ideas. On top of that, he's a super nice guy so working with him is suuuper easy.

I am so beyond happy that we decided to use Matt. Watching our video brought back so many good memories, and we even saw things that we forgot had happened. People are not kidding when they say your wedding day FLYS, and I am grateful that we had Matt to beautifully document it for us.

Sent on 04/03/2014

My husband and I were so very pleased with our wedding video by Matt buerhaus design. Our day flew by and it was so nice to sit and relax while replaying the whole day, it actually brought tears to my eyes. Buerhaus design was extremely creative, professional, and went above and beyond for us. We would def recommend them to other upcoming brides!

Sent on 03/25/2014

Kerry · Married on 09/07/2013

Matt Buerhaus is absolutely awesome to work with!!! Admittedly, a videographer was not originally a high priority on our list of wedding vendors because we thought that having a photographer would be enough. My family is a huge home movies family (i.e., we routinely watch old home movies), so I was a bit more torn over whether to budget for a videographer or not. But ultimately, we elected to begin searching for videographers because we thought that a video could provide us with something that photos just cannot: actual sounds from our Big Day.
    I contacted a few videographers via email, but was not completely satisfied with any of them for various reasons (namely, that their prices were so outrageous in my personal opinion). I found Matt after some more research, and my initial contact with him immediately told me that I was probably going to want to book him. He is so friendly and laid back, and incredibly accommodating to my inability to meet with him until the day after Christmas (which was several weeks after my initial contact) because of my work and school schedules. We booked Matt a few days after our initial meeting, and I could not be happier with our decision! He even honored a sale price for the package that we selected that was on his website still (in error), which I thought was incredibly professional. Matt had a simple form for us to fill out the week before the wedding, and then we were good to go! On the wedding day, I honestly think that Matt is the vendor that I saw the least of. But I mean that in a completely positive way, as he managed to "blend in with the crowd" during both the ceremony and reception, which I absolutely loved!! Matt posted a "First Look" video on his website of our First Dance within a few days of our wedding. The video is amazing, and I absolutely cannot wait to see the rest of it! The First Look video was a wonderful treat for my husband and I to come home to from our honeymoon. I would 100% recommend Matt!!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Matt Buerhaus and crew were amazing to to work with!!! At first my husband and I were not budgeting for a videographer, but now we are so thankful we made the decision. The day of the wedding flies by so quickly, so it's nice to be able to sit down and relive this memory. Matt was the first videography I spoke to, and the only one I spoke to. I knew after exchanging emails and meeting with him to go over packages he was the guy that will capture every major part during our special day. Not only did he handle the videography, but he also took care of the lighting at our reception. He did an amazing job detting the tone that I was looking for. A few days after the wedding Matt posted a "First Look" video on his website of our First Dance. After seeing this I couldn't wait to see what else he has in store for us. Matt sent us the digital version of the video which we downloaded, and were able to watch until we recieved our DVDs in the mail. the video brought tears to my eyes. I was so happy to be able to relive this special day! I would most certainly, with no doubt in my mind reccomend Matt! Matt will now be our videographer for all family functions!

Sent on 11/06/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2013

We can't say enough about Matt and Buerhaus Design - he was professional, flexible and accommodating. We have enjoyed watching our daughter and son-in-law's wedding ceremony and reception numerous times. The day is over before you know it. You miss/forget so much - the video captured everything!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2013

Where to even start...

I would 100% choose him to be our videographer again. Matt and his crew did such a fantastic job with our video and the various video clips (wedding highlights, video montage, etc) that words cannot even describe how grateful I am that we chose him, but I will try.

Matt was very professional and friendly from the first time we met him. His video work and quality of service definitely raises the bar for others to meet. He artistically captured every special moment throughout our day. The blending of candid moments, detailed shots, as well as directed specific shots made the final product a work of art. The editing was flawless as well. We were even able to choose the music to incorporate into our video and he used our first dance wedding song as the song for our video highlights, which I cry watching every time. He just really captures the moment. Buerhaus Design produced a true representation of all of our love, joy, excitement, and all of the fun that we had during our special day! We will treasure this video forever!

Matt also went above and beyond with his assistance and calming me before our wedding day. I had looked at the weather and it stated that it had a 70% chance of rain; yet all of our post-ceremony pictures were planned for outside. Not being from the area, I had no clue of where to take pictures indoors...so I panicked and sent out several emails. Matt was the only vendor who suggested other places to go; he also said that he would contact other venues to ask if we could go there to take some pictures/videos if we needed to go down that route. Luckily it was a beautiful and sunny day!

So, if you want an amazing wedding video which you will be watching (and crying) for years to come, you MUST hire Matt. He is worth every single penny and we would hire him again without any hesitation. All in all, Matt is the BEST!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Matt is fantastic!!! We (my wife and I) are extremely happy that we choose to work with Matt for our video service. He is very responsive to all questions and emails. I greatly appreciate his attention to detail in all aspects of his work. Matt does a fantastic job capturing the wedding. I highly recommend getting a wedding video...it is wonderful to be able to see the entire day again and also watch the parts that you might have missed (can't be everywhere on your wedding day). You will not be disappointed with the wedding video captured and edited by Matt. I have received so many positive comments from friends and family regarding the video from Matt (it has been wonderful to hear all the positive comments). We also included the interview station which is a really nice feature to be able to hear and see your guests leave well wishes. I am very pleased with the entire experience working with Matt and the wedding video!!! We will watch over and over again on our own and with family and friends, I am sure of that!!! Matt is one of our favorite vendors!!! Thanks Matt for doing an excellent job capturing our wedding day!!!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Diana · Married on 05/11/2013

Matt was wonderful at our wedding. Very professional and nice. At first I thought it would be awkward to be recorded the entire day but Matt is so great at his job that you forgot he was even recording you. I can't wait to see the final piece. I would definitely recommend Buerhaus Design. They also have very reasonable and affordable prices.

Sent on 06/10/2013

janelle · Married on 05/11/2013

We hired another videographer to film our May 2013 wedding and the video was an absolute disaster, very amateurish, a home movie at best. We were so depressed that our beautiful day was not preserved. Matt took the horrendous footage and created an absolute masterpiece! We are absolutely blown away and we've only seen the highlights! We cannot wait to see the rest! Thank you Matt! YOU'RE THE BEST!!!!!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Jen · Married on 05/11/2013

To be honest, we chose Buerhaus Design because they offered a great video package at a very reasonable price. We did not really have any expectations on the quality. We just knew that we wanted someone to document the day on video. BUT the service leading up to the wedding was great- and the company is very easy to work with. They were professional and friendly on the wedding day- making sure to get all the great shots but without getting in the way, and without being intrusive. And then- we got our "spotlight video". This is the 5 minute video of the highlights of the day and we were blown away. It was edited professionally and perfectly. We love it and think it is a great bonus to have this short video to show friends and family. Shortly after that, we received our full video. It was also beautifully edited and exactly what we wanted. I would HIGHLY recommend using Buerhaus designs if you are looking for someone to document your big day. You will not regret it!!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Matt and his team did a fantastic job and we couldn't be happier with the results! We just received our final video and I want to watch it over and over. He captured all of the important moments, but was unobtrusive and I often forgot he was there. He was on time, stayed late and did everything we wanted without even having to ask. His website was easy to use and it was really easy to get him the information he needed before the wedding. He was very responsive and tailored his work to suit our needs. He was also incredibly affordable! He was much cheaper than other videographers we looked at, but his work was high quality and he completed the video very quickly, even getting us a sneak peek of the first dance and audio of the ceremony within days. We're very happy that we had Matt on hand to capture all the special moments of our big day!

Sent on 07/29/2013

I was so impressed by the level of professionalism from Matt and the team at Buerhaus. Their website is extremely thorough, and throughout the whole process they were very focused on what our hopes/goals were as far as our video process and end product. Matt blended right in at the ceremony, and seemed to capture all the big moment. We got a first take video within two days of the wedding, and are expecting our final product any day now (Matt's website has an "on deck" list which tells you exactly when he's working on your video). Great value as well, some of the best pricing we'd seen, especially with the numerous discounts offered for off season weddings, etc.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Robyn · Married on 12/08/2012

Matt did an amazing job on the videography for my wedding. I have worked with Matt on several bridals shows and other weddings and everything always turns out amazing.

I totally recommend him. Having the video of my wedding day to watch for years to come will be so amazing!

Sent on 03/20/2013