Edgewood Bakery Reviews

67 | Jacksonville, FL

67 Reviews for Edgewood Bakery

Michelle · Married on 03/12/2016

It really is a shame that Edgewood Bakery is closing! They were wonderful to work with when we had our consultation and cake tasting. The cake they delivered us was stunning and while I only got to taste the icing on my wedding day (we were busy!), our guests raved about how delicious the cake was and every single slice was eaten up.

charlee · Married on 11/17/2015

Edgewood Bakery did a phenomenal job on my wedding cakes & cupcakes. I had a very specific vision in mind: I wanted 3 cakes of different sizes, all with different butter cream ivory frosting designs, unique toppers, and surrounded by a plethora of cupcakes, with certain color specifications. It was absolute PERFECTION. My Aunt and I sat down with Sandy, who did such a great job of capturing my vision! It was truly an elegant set-up. We had absolutely zero problems with anything. The cake was delivered on time & everyone raved about how delicious the cakes and cupcakes were. I could not have asked for a more professional, satisfying bakery.

• Ashley Butler

Ashley · Married on 06/28/2015

I booked Edgewood Bakery for our Wedding Cake & Cupcakes and from the moment we went in for our tasting – we felt like Royalty! They treated us so special! They listed and took note on every single small detail that I wanted to incorporate in my cake & cupcakes. The cake & cupcakes were absolutely delicious and they were completed in time like the said they would. I would highly recommend this Bakery for all of your Wedding needs!

Kim · Married on 06/06/2015

I grew up with Edgewood Bakery as a lot of have that live in Jacksonville. So, there was no question on who to use for my wedding cake. Erika is the designer for the wedding cakes and let me tell you she and her staff are very talented. I went a little outside of your typical wedding cake selection because, I love carrot cake and she made my cake perfect. It was elegant and absolutely delicious. They have a wide range of selections for you to choose from or she can design whatever your heart desires. If you need a wedding cake or any other bakery item for an event this is your one stop shop. I was very pleased.

Maricel · Married on 02/14/2015

We worked with Edgewood Bakery for our Valentine’s Day wedding and were very happy with our experience. We decided to go with a cake bar, which had seven different flavors of cake with various sizes of single-tier cakes rather than one multi-tiered cake. We worked with Sandy at our tasting and she was very professional, kind, and helpful in showing us our options for the different flavors and designs of cake. As we got closer to our wedding day, we were starting to get a little worried as there were a lot of rumors circulating around the media, but Erika reassured us that they were very much open for business and fulfilling their existing orders and made us feel very comfortable going into the final few weeks. True to her word, they delivered all of the cakes on time to our reception in St. Augustine and everyone loved all of the cakes! We had several guests request seconds (and thirds) of slices! :)

Nicole · Married on 02/13/2015

Edgewood bakery made our amazing wedding cake! 1/2 Batman and 1/2 traditional. It was phenomenal and perfect! Their client service is impeccable and flawless. We hope to use them as our chosen bakery for all future events!

We are soo happy with the 4 tier custom cake that Edgewood bakery created for our special day! The price included delivery to our venue and set up. We provided pictures of our vision and the bakery brought that to life in an amazing way! The bakery was so professional, delivered the cake at the promised time, and even kept in close contact even when there was much negative press surrounding a possible closure of the bakery. If you are considering supporting a local bakery, USE THIS ONE...the cake tasted amazing, and we did not have ANY cake left. The staff was awesome from the initial cake tasting and meeting to finished product. Couldn't ask for anything better!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

We are so very pleased to have contributed to making your day a special one. Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to support us! We hope to be here for a long, long time and help to make many more happy brides....~Carol and the EB Team

Danielle · Married on 12/06/2014

We live in the Murray hill community, and decided we wanted to support our local business. We had our initial consultation with the old owner of Edgewood bakery. I had drawn out a design of what look we wanted, and look forward to seeing our cake on the big day.

The morning before our wedding, I received a phone call from Carol the current owner. She explained to me, despite what I may have read in the papers, our cake would arrive, and be perfect on our big day. It really meant a lot to us, that with everything she has going on, she thought of us first. Carol took the time to call on her own, to reassure everything would be as expected.

Our cake was so much more than expected. It truly was gorgeous and tasted delicious. Edgewood bakery has our support for the rest of all the sweet things our life requires!

Sent on 12/29/2014

Danielle,
    Thank you for believing and trusting in me and in Edgewood Bakery. We are honored to be a part of your special day. Warm wishes for a long and happy marriage. Please say hello to me whenever you are in the bakery. Sweet regards, Carol

Sabrina · Married on 11/15/2014

Edgewood Bakery did an amazing job. My cake was better than I ever imagined it could be. It was beautiful and taste amazing. Everyone loved it. It was delivered on time, displayed perfectly, and very affordable. Thank you so much for making my day extra special.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Sabrina, We are very happy to hear that we exceeded you expectations for your wedding cake. Thank you for choosing us for your very special day. Congratulations and best wished for a very special marriage.

RAECHEL · Married on 11/15/2014

Dear Edgewood Bakery, we cannot thank you enough for your early arrival, and incredible wedding cakes and sweet treats! We were blown away with all the details from just the right amount of sparkle on the wedding cake, to the gorgeous folds of the Kenyan and American flags that enveloped our groom's cake. The flags looked so real! Not only were our cakes beautiful, the flavors were amazing! Carol and Erika, everything was beyond anything we'd imagined! :) From the bottom of our hearts we thank you!!

We wish we could include pics!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

We truly enjoyed every moment we spent preparing for your special day! I am deeply honored you trusted and chose us for your very special day. We wish you the very best in your marriage!

I went in for a cake tasting a couple of weeks before our wedding. This bakery has been around for years and lives up to its reputation. They communicate with the bride and also call the day before to confirm the time of drop off. We ordered the delicious yellow cake with buttercream icing and it was AMAZING! We had a 10" 8" 6" 3 tiered and it was designed exactly the way we discussed.I couldnt be any happier about the way this entire day turned out but the cake was just absolutely incredible.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you for your comments and for choosing us to be such a part of your special day. I am so glad you were well pleased. Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

Shannon · Married on 07/26/2014

Edgewood Bakery made my wedding cupcakes and they were delicious, beautiful and affordable! We didn't know what we really wanted to do for our wedding cake but decided to go for cupcakes. We live out of town so we made an appointment when we were in town, which was only about a month before the wedding. The lady we had the appointment with took her time and went though all kinds of options until we knew exactly what we wanted. She helped us envision a beautiful display of cupcakes that they ended up executing perfectly! On the day of our wedding, the cupcakes were delivered and set up without me even realizing it was happening. We couldn't be happier with how they turned out and would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Wow, Shannon, thank you so very much! Those are lovely compliments, and very much appreciated. It was our privilege to be a part of your special day. We trust the rest of your day was just as lovely. Thank you again for choosing us. We hope you will be able to come visit at some point in the future!

Samantha · Married on 05/31/2014

Absolutely amazing! Our cakes were beautiful and so delicious! Everyone loved them! Everyone there was so awesome to work with. Definitely worth it!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you, Samantha. We so appreciate your kind words, and are delighted that you loved your cake! It was our pleasure creating it for you. Do come see us again at some point!
  • User4048267 · event on: 05/04/2013

Love this Bakery!....using them again for my other daughters wedding on May 10, 2014

Sent on 04/20/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you! We look forward to creating your daughter's wedding cake!

Anna · Married on 04/19/2014

After doing much research on cakes, I consulted with Sandy at Edgewood and I knew that we had found the place. She sparked my creativity and helped me create my dream design. The cake was delivered on time, in perfect condition and beautiful! I simply could not have imagined our cake coming from anywhere else. Thank you for the beautiful cake!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Anna! We are so glad you enjoyed your cake. It was our pleasure to create it for you. We hope your wedding day was every bit as special and beautiful as your cake!

Kiesha · Married on 03/08/2014

Edgewood Bakery has been a go to place for special occasions. Sandra helped guide me toward my vision of how I wanted our cake to look and taste during my consultation. The day of the wedding I had an idea of how the cake was supposed to look but my expectations were exceeded. Guests keep telling me how beautiful the cake was and how delicious it tasted.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Hi Kiesha - Thanks so much for the lovely compliments! We are delighted to know the cake exceeded your expectations. Thank you for choosing our bakery to be a part of your special day. We hope you will come visit us soon!

Katya · Married on 02/01/2014

They were extremely easy to work with. The cake was delicious and absolutely gorgeous!!!! Everyone not only ate their piece, but looked for more. I'm looking forward to our one year anniversary to we can eat the top layer!

Sent on 02/23/2014

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely compliments, Katya! It was our pleasure to create your wedding cake, and we are delighted to know that it was enjoyed by all. We hope that you will come see us for all of your cake needs in the future!

Sabrina · Married on 10/19/2013

All I have to say is..... AMAZING! Our Wedding Cake couldn't have been more perfect.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much, Sabrina! What a lovely thing to say. We are so delighted you and your guests enjoyed the cake, and so thankful you chose us to be a part of your big day! Please come see us again soon.

Laurie · Married on 09/28/2013

The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted fantastic!! The design that we discussed came out perfect and exactly what we had decided on. It was actually more beautiful than I thought it would turn out. The delivery was on time which always is a concern for any bride. You can't beat Edgewood Bakery for sure!! I can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to cut into the top of the cake!!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much, Laurie! We are so pleased you enjoyed your cake. It was an honor for us to be a part of your big day. Please do come see us again!

Christine · Married on 09/07/2013

The professionals at Edgewood Bakery are patient, competitively priced for the top-notch level of expertise offered, creative, flexible, & respectful. From the time contact is made with the Bakery for your order until delivery & set-up, the professionals go above & beyond to meet your expectations. They respect/honor their clients' requests while still offering their professional suggestions, from colors, to flavors, to shapes, to decorative touches, & delivery/set-up options; they even fully communicate to you the temperature requirements of the environment where the food will be displayed in order to preserve its quality. My Mother & I were very pleased & impressed with the initial appointment to discuss my wedding cake, which included a cake tasting. Since my husband-to-be was out of the country at the time of the planning, the Bakery professionals kindly worked with us & our special needs, such as time-difference delays. Additionally, each phone call, email, & visit to the Bakery was conducted with respect & handled in a timely fashion. The staff also welcomed my ideas via scans/email, additional visits to the Bakery when I had concerns/changes, & numerous phone calls so that my requests were honored, respected, & met. Our wedding cake was exceptional - taste, texture, colors, decorations; it was also delivered on time & in perfect condition. With this expert attention to detail, we highly recommend Edgewood Bakery to all who desire a special touch for any of their bakery needs.

Kristin · Married on 06/23/2013

We tasted numerous cakes at wedding shows and on our own. Edgewood had by far the best tasting cake! They were friendly and spent time discussing and sketching out a design for our cake and let us try different types of cake to get the combinations worked out per layer. They gave us great tips on cake that we didn't even think about and may of been in trouble if we didn't know. When we saw the cake the day of, it was exactly how it was envisioned and drawn up, even with our two cake toppers. Every guest loved the cake and it represented us perfectly.

My wedding cake (yellow cake with lemon curd filling) was as moist and delicious as it was beautiful!! Extremely pleased with the results and would definitely use them again in the future. Service was always courteous and professional, as well. Thank you, Edgewood!!

Erica · Married on 04/27/2013

I had the most beautiful AND delicious wedding cake EVER from Edgwood Bakery... and I've been to a LOT of weddings. So many of our guests mentioned how tasty the cake was... we quadruple wrapped it hoping to keep the top layer as scrumpious for our first anniversary. ;) They were so easy to work with. I'd recommend in a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Edgewood Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the lovely compliments! We are so pleased to know it was enjoyed by so many. Thanks so much for choosing Edgewood Bakery to be a part of your special day! Come see us again soon.

Maria · Married on 04/04/2013

My wedding cake from Edgewood was not only beautiful but tasted delicious!!! They are very detailed oriented, price was very resonable. i had given them a picture of what i would like my cake to look like and was amazed that they were able to recreate it with such detail. Amazing work!!!! Highly recommeded!!!!

Philippa · Married on 03/16/2013

They did our grooms cake. It was awesome! We took a picture of our 1977 VW bus, my husband's surfboard and our new puppy. Not only did they make the cake like our bus, with his board leaning against it but put a picture of our puppy in the window! It was amazing and it tasted delicious! Best red velvet cake ever!