Ed Jackson Entertainment Reviews

24 Reviews for Ed Jackson Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

24 Ed Jackson Entertainment Reviews

Carmen · Married on 08/18/2013

My event went very smooth and the DJ was a big part of making that happen. He played all songs I requested, set an atmosphere and also played from his selection. We really enjoyed our wedding.

• Jingles202

Kristin · Married on 05/04/2013

Mr. Jackson!

YOU WERE WONDERFUL!! You had every single song I wanted for my wedding ceremony! I was worried because one of the songs I was only able to find the version I loved on youtube ("One Hand, One Heart", instrumental version) and the other I could only find on a website ("Dance of the Blessed Hearts")! When I heard my music start as I walked down the aisle with my mom, I squeeled, "He did it!"

My guests loved that you were so interactive and led dances on the dance floor! My husband whom I begged for months to give me the names of songs he wanted to hear...(and never did) was thrilled that you were able to immedietly find the songs he was requesting on the spot and play them. His family was thrilled that you were able to find salsa and bachata songs. My family is from Jamaica, my husbands family is from El Salvador and my guests were American, what a mix right?! People jumped up out of their seats and on to the dance floor to songs that I would have never expected some of them to enjoy as much as they did! My 95 year old Grand Aunt was on the dance floor!

Wonderful job! Keep up the good work! Thank you again!!

T · Married on 03/23/2013

DJ Ed Jackson is amazing! Our guests are still talking about the great music selection and how upbeat our ceremony and reception was. I highly recommend him. He was punctual and extremely professional.

There is a big difference between a DJ and a DJ that knows how to entertain. Ed is definetely an entertainer. I saw Ed at one of my best friends weddings and he was amazing. He really got everyone dancing and having fun.

Years later and on a tight wedding budget, I didn't think Ed was a guy we'd be able to afford. My wife and I had a DJ lined up for our wedding which was only a couple weeks out when we saw that DJ in action for the first time at an event of mine. It was not a pretty sight. Everyone was making comments about how bad this DJ was. I had no choice, but to make a change. I called Ed and luckily he wasn't booked because it was a Sunday wedding. His price was very reasonable and we were able to make it work.

We were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony which Ed was going to set up a mini set up outside with wireless mics, etc. However, it was raining all morning and it didn't look like it was going to happen. Right before the ceremony was scheduled to start, it stopped raining. My wife at that point was set on moving the ceremony outside last minute, but nothing was set up. I was dreading having to go ask Ed to set up the outside how we had planned and to get it done as soon as possible. I talked to Ed and he didn't say anything, but ok, let's do it. From that point I noticied Ed running from the parking lot to his car all the way to the ceremony on the beach with his equipment which was probably a football field away and up and down a big hill. There was no question that I hired the right DJ. We got the ceremony set-up in no time and it was wonderful.

Our wedding was a huge success and a big portion of that was due to Ed. If you are planning a wedding make sure you don't overlook the DJ because it can make or break your wedding. If I ever had to hire a DJ again in the future I wouldn't even look anywhere else.

My husband and I were thrilled with the service provided by Ed Jackson Entertainment. Ed was willing to meet with my husband and I when we were indecisive about our music choices and followed up with us before the big day. Ed really got a feel for the music my husband and I like and not only played our requested songs but filled in with a variety of other hits spanning the genres we like. He chose great songs to play and got everyone up dancing early. He chose music in such a way that he kept people on the dance floor all night long. People still come up to me telling me how great Ed was. I highly recommend Ed Jackson Entertainment for being so personable and for his professionalism.

• 2smilez4u

Torie · Married on 07/20/2012

Mr. Jackson was great! Everyone loved him and talked about his interactions with the crowd. Thank you!

Shaunte · Married on 06/02/2012

Hands down he is worth every penny! First off let me say I am an African American Dental Hygienist and my husband is Caucasian and is an Accountant, and Both of our families complemented on how good the dj was!!! He played exactly what we wanted and even last minute changes I wanted he did without hesitation or attitude. Ed made sure the night went smoothly and kept the party lively. He has high tech equipment and he is a true natural at his craft. He went above and beyond being a "dj", anyone can play records, but HE put on a show!!! I could go on forever but definetly book him...easy to contact, affordable,AMAZING!!

Rebekah · Married on 05/11/2012

Ed was our DJ and he did a fantastic job. He met with us prior to our wedding and then we had a phone call a week prior to confirm everything. He was very flexible with us. We were not very timely with getting everything to him. He was also very flexible on the day of with were his equipment would go and everything. He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Can you say WOW? I can. He was touching base with us during the whole day. He did a fantastic job and we were extremely happy with the night and all he did for us. He even surprised with us laser light. It made it a lot of fun and we enjoyed it. Thank you Ed for everything!

Teanda · Married on 06/04/2011

Ed Jackson was a great asset to my best frirnds wedding. Mr.Jackson was very professional,respectful,and fun. He was like the perfect icing on a cake. He got the crowd moving. I would defiently refer him to any bride that wants to really enjoy their wedding day. Again I was pleasec with his services,so pleased that I will request for him to DJ for my wedding.

• Ryan

Ryan · Married on 01/29/2011

If I could give DJ Ed 6.0 stars, I would. He was absolutely phenomenal on our wedding day. He played all of our "Must Play" songs, led the line dances, kept the party moving, and, most importantly, his timing in playing songs was PERFECT! He knew which songs to play at certain points in the night better than we even did ourselves! Our guests could not stop raving about what an incredible "party" they had just been to! Not to mention, his Michael Jackson Billie Jean "surprise" before the Garter Toss is a moment that will live in family video lore FOREVER! Thanks DJ Ed, you definitely deserve all 5 of these stars!!

M. · Married on 04/25/2009

Jacksons Entertainment - Ed Jackson is very well grounded in what he does. He knows how to get the crowd up and daning. There was never a dull momment in the music. He knew just what to play. Everyone of my guest enjoyed him, and they were asking me where did I find him. Everytime I have a function I use no one but him. Thanks Mr. Jackson.

soraya · Married on 09/12/2008

DJ Ed and DJ Sheldon were Excellent. Calls were returned promptly. DJ Sheldon was the DJ/Emcee for our wedding and he was early, had the music, and professional. The reception flowed all night. We were thrilled. Everyone had a blast. Outside of the actual wedding, the DJ is what I remember and talk about the most. I recommend them to all my friends and family....if you need a DJ call Jackson Entertainment (ask for DJ Sheldon).

• Misono

Misono · Married on 07/26/2008

Ed Jackson was an excellent DJ for our wedding reception.
    He got to the venue early to be set up in time for the event, and worked well with our friend who was our MC to play all the right music at the right times -- he did just enough without stepping over his shoes.

Ed also helped engage our guests to get the party started; some of our guests didn't know how to do the electric slide and he got right on the floor to teach them! :) He is a very experienced DJ and we would highly recommend him to anyone!

Mary · Married on 07/19/2008

Let's start by saying a party is not a party without DJ ED! DJ Ed was magnificent from beginning to end. During dinner the music was just what we requested...relaxing and not distracting. After dinner, he got the party stared! He got our guest involved and even joined in with the fun. The dance floor was packed from the first song after dinner to the last song played at the end of the night. Our guest are still raving about him. He was not only our DJ but also our MC. Normally the garter and bouquet toss is "just something that happens" during a wedding reception...not ours. ED made ours fun, exciting, funny and oh so memorable. Ed went above and beyond his duties. I recommend DJ ED for any event you may be having. We will definitely be using him for all of our functions. Thanks ED, you helped make our wedding day the party of the century and a day we’ll never forget!

Valerie & Kenneth · Married on 05/31/2008

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Ed acted as a DJ and MC throughout the entire reception and definitely kept things running smoothly. He was very lively and the dance floor was packed all night. Ed is very interactive and even got out on the dance floor to teach line dances to our guests. We were very happy with the service and have received many compliments on how great our reception and song selections were. We highly recommend Ed for your wedding DJ needs!

Valerie & Kenneth Robinson
    May 31, 2008
    Maryland

Tina · Married on 01/19/2008

The Walker Wedding

Thanks again for your outstanding and professional enthusiasm. Without your help our wedding would have been "the one" with the long uncomfortable pauses of silence...you know the kind that make the guests want to leave and take their presents with them! You kept our wedding on track and the reception worry free. Mr. Jackson you truly are a entertainer that can think on his feet and not have to stick to a boring script. My wife and I can't thank you enough. I will be keeping your contact info for my friends and myself when we need to throw our next party!

Sonya · Married on 11/03/2007

Jacksons Entertainment - DJ: punctual, professional, engaging to the guests, accommodating to all requests and changes in venue, well dressed, friendly to reception staff, and a major help to my duties as Reception Directress. I highly recommend Ed Jackson to coordinate all your event - music needs.

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2007

The Wedding of Jennifer and Bryan Riley

Ed was great! He got people up and dancing and wasn't over the top. He kept out likes & requests in mind, the timing was great, and he was a lot of fun. I would recommend Ed Jackson from Jackson Entertainment to all my friends.

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2007

The Wedding of Lauren and Chris Karhoff

Our DJ was excellent!! Edward really jumped in there and helped out a lot. He was accommodating to our requests and suggestions also his quality of sound and overall performance was excellent. I would recommed Edward Jackson from Jacksons Entertainment for your wedding.

• tina

tina · Married on 09/18/2011

Ed was really great. Lots of people told us how much fun they had. The only reason he isn't a perfect score is there were a few songs we asked for that we didn't get - easily could have been solved if we spoke more before the event or if we had asked more questions. Ed was super professional, and worked well with the other vendors.

Leila · Married on 04/05/2008

Ed did a great job as a DJ and master of ceremony for our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the music selections and had a great time.

Kassandra · event on: 07/08/2012

Edward Jackson was the ultimate professional, punctual and dressed very professional. He did't get upset when the staff delayed providing him with the equipment to set-up. I woud love to have him DJ my next party!

KENRICK · Married on 08/31/2008

Ed Jackson is a wonderful DJ with an outgoing personality, that can get people on to the dance floor.
    He was very responsive and made sure he knew how to pronounce the bridal party's names, and reviewed the schedule of events with us before the reception, to make sure we were all on the same page. Also, he was able to obtain all the songs that we'd requested.
    I would give 5 stars for "quality of service", but I think he stuck to the schedule a little too literally; because our ceremony started a little late, everything was pushed forward a bit, but Ed (the DJ) still stuck to the actual times, which made the reception feel a little rushed.
    Other than that, I was extremely satisfied with how he performed and his personality as a DJ. I'd highly recommend Ed Jackson as a DJ for any wedding.

Mary · Married on 07/26/2008

0.4
      2.0
      0.0

I spoke with Ed on the Monday before my wedding, and we spoke in detail about the music selections and timeline of the night. I also e-mailed him a copy of the changes we had discussed.

Ed was supposed to interrupt our first dance song and play Souja Boy, but I guess he forgot and didn't. We were able to remedy the situation once one of my BM's approached Ed to find another time for us to do the Soulja Boy dance.

However, once Ed learned of his mistake, he interrupted us while we were giving thank you gifts to our parents to say that "no one had ever told him about the Soulja Boy dance" and tried to argue with us.

When I was called to the dance floor for the Father/Daughter dance, Ed played the wrong song. My father and I danced to the song anyway, but when it was time for my husbands and his mothers dance, Ed started playing the George Straight song which I had asked him to play for the Father/Daughter dance!! So my husband told Ed this was not the song he was supposed to dance with his mother to and Ed got defensive again and said that mu husband was wrong!! Ed couldn't find the song my husband had selected and an awkward pause followed while Ed scrambled to try to find the song, which he had apparently never downloaded. I guess Ed couldn’t find the song my husbnand selected, so he just started playing “The Way You Look Tonight.”

Some other oversights included are:

- Ed did not play the specifically designated songs for the bouquet and garter toss
    - Ed didn't play ANY song during the placement of the garter onto the woman’s leg.
    - Ed played 3 slow songs in a row
    - Ed then played 4 Michael Jackson songs consecutively.
    - One guest mentioned that Ed actually played one Michael Jackson song TWICE!

I am disappointed with Ed’s lack of professionalism, attention to detail, organization and people skills. It's too bad we paid for a “professional” DJ on our wedding night when we would have been happier and less stressed if we had just created a play list on our iPod and played it from a laptop attached to some speakers.

When Ed was confronted about the mistakes he made by his boss, he agreed that he acted unprofessionally, but his excuse was that he "had an off night."

I see that there are a lot of people on here who recomend using Ed's services, and I'm glad that they had a good experience with him. I would not contract him as your DJ - you wouldn't want him to have an "off night."