ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

Brenda · Married on 09/09/2007

3.8
      3.5
      3.5

Elaine blew me away with her magic makeup skills. I looked the best I've EVER looked on my wedding day - but that's the whole idea, isn't it? My entire wedding party raved about how great they looked too. But don't take my word for it - You can view her portfolio on her website - AMAZING before and after photos.

Sent on 02/04/2008

2.4
      0.0
      0.0
      3.0

Elaine is sweet and she arrived on time. However, I really did not like the way my makeup came out for my wedding. I asked for a smokey look, which she did, but i had to ask her to fix my eyes because it came out looking extremely strange. My fears were confirmed from the pictures taken at my wedding. I chose Elaine from all the other vendors, even though she was on the pricier side because I liked the makeup and hair portfolio from her website but based on my wedding photos, I realize that I really dislike the way my makeup came out. My hair came out good, not great...I asked for a high bun updo, but the bun was too small and low to the point that you cannot tell I have a bun in some photos taken from the front profile. As for my makeup, I feel that bridal makeup should make the bride look like she's glowing, but instead my makeup looks very dark. Since it seems like Elaine specializes in Asian makeup, I thought her smokey eye look would come out great, but I felt that it made my eyes look smaller. Also, the blush should have been brighter, but it looks more bronzed in the photos. Unfortunately, I wish I had gone another direction with my bridal hair and makeup.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Crystal · Married on 10/17/2010

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      0.5

I booked Elaine for hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and 3 bridesmaids for my wedding on 10/17/10.

The Bad:
    1) Elaine showed up 45 minutes late on my wedding day. She charges a $50 travel fee too.
    2) She did not apologize when she arrived and argued with my mom when she commented on her tardiness and insisted that we should disregard this since it is not written into the contract that she needs to be on time.
    3) 3 of my bridesmaids were supposed to get services, but since Elaine and her staff were so late, they decided to do their own hair and makeup, which they had not planned for. I am only so lucky that they had brought makeup and hair styling tools "just in case." She also argued that we should pay her for part of the bridesmaids services.
    4) Elaine did not remember how she had done my hair at the trial when she showed up on my wedding day. Fortunately I had my laptop with photos from the trial with me.

5) Elaine called me yesterday to argue with me about this review. It was bad enough to be stressed out on my wedding day waiting for her to arrive and then have to deal with her bad attitude towards myself and my mom when she finally came. But I never expected that she would be senseless enough to make things worse by picking a fight with me after the wedding! Elaine did not respect my desire to not speak with her and I ultimately had to hang up on her as she continued arguing.

The Good:
    Elaine did do a great job on my hair and makeup and I received many compliments.

Summary:
    Elaine is clearly a capable hair and makeup stylist but is disorganized and has no people skills. She did not apologize for her mistakes and was rude to myself and my mother when we pointed out the problems she had caused. The stress Elaine causes by her tardiness and ill temper are simply not worth it. Furthermore, if you write a justifiably negative review about her, she will call to harass you.

Sent on 10/24/2010

ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}'s reply:

Hi,

First , I would like to thank you for your valuable comments.
    I am happy that you did like my makeup job on your " special " day.

However , I am sorry for your dissatisfaction with my service.
    1) I would like to apologize again for my delay due to the tight Sunday schedule and unpredicable traffic status. I will try to make a better plan for future appointments.

2) I would like to clarify about the "tip" issue. I did not realize the tips being paid until I read the check amount. Also , I did not recall any request argument. Still, I apologize for any misunderstanding.

3) Regarding 3 bridesmaids, I did bring my extra helper to assist make-up job as planned.

4) As to the trial , I will blame on myself for not following up the final confirmation wit you in advance.

Please kindly accept my sincere apology and have a wonderful day.

Elain Chou