ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

104 | Temple City, CA

104 Reviews for ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}

M · Married on 07/17/2010

I loved my trial hair and makeup with Elaine so much that I ended up taking make up lessons from her!! She spent about three hours doing my hair and make-up for my trial and she took her time to show me different hair styles. I loved her work so much that I not only took make up lessons from her but also booked her and her team for my family and bridesmaids for my both my weddings. She is amazing with make-up.

I had so many guests come up to me during and after the wedding to tell me how beautiful everyone looked and how great the make-up application was for everyone. Everyone complimented us on how well the eye shadow and foundation work was! Elaine and her team made us all look gorgeous on my wedding day !

Elaine’s also really friendly and easy going. She’s easy to talk to and she listens to your ideas and really gets it right.

I am referring her to everyone else I know that’s getting married. You can’t go wrong with Elaine!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Chandra · Married on 06/27/2010

Elaine was on time, quick, and very professional on the day of my wedding. Her and her team managed to tackle 5 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, and myself all in 3.5hours.
    Every person that had their makeup done looked flawless and my hair on the day of the wedding was perfect.
    Her english can be a little difficult to understand over the phone, but she is worth the patience!

Sent on 07/08/2010

Rachel · Married on 05/01/2010

Elaine is a very experienced make-up artist. I love her style of make-up!!

Sent on 01/26/2011

Chris · Married on 04/03/2010

Wow, Elaine, my makeup artist for my wedding day was amazing! When we did the bridal trial makeup, she patiently went over with me on exactly how I wanted my makeup done. I also hired a professional photographer so I requested that Elaine be there for touch ups throughout the wedding. She made sure that my makeup was flawless! I have dark circles under my eyes, but she made those disappeared and even made my eyes looked brighter! My photos came out so well and I couldn’t be happier with her skills and expertise. I got married about 6 months ago but till this day my girlfriends still compliment me on how great I looked on my wedding day and I have the photos to remember!

Sent on 05/07/2010

Chris · Married on 04/03/2010

Sent on 05/07/2010

Vickie · Married on 01/30/2010

Okay, so I just got back from my honeymoon in Hawaii and have settled in with married life =D First thing first, I want to tell everyone how great Elaine was with my hair and makeup on my wedding day! I had so many compliments on my dress but most important, my friends were saying how flawless my makeup was! My eyes really sparkled from the mixture of purples that she used and my lips looked luscious and fuller (I have thin lips). She just made me look like the best me on my wedding day! Definitely, I will be booking appointments with Elaine for future occasions!

Sent on 04/10/2010

Jennifer · Married on 01/23/2010

Elaine is very good in what she's doing. She spent over an hour driving to my wedding location for the make up and hair services for a few additional cost (totally worth it!). She brought along her team to take care of the other wedding party and they were able to finish on time too. I loved the final results, and everybody kept complimenting on how beautiful I was. Everything was perfect, just the way I wanted it to be. Furthermore, the whole process took approximately two hours, but she stayed a while to fix my make up since I cried during my video shoots :p Thank you so much Elaine, you really make the most precious day in my life unforgettable. xoxo, J3N

Sent on 02/06/2010

Christy · Married on 11/14/2009

Elaine Chou does such amazing work, that my husband now wishes she could do my hair and makeup on a daily basis! I booked Elaine purely from phone calls and emails, but knew after I looked at her website and spoke to her, that she was the perfect person to make me beautiful on my wedding day. I normally don't wear makeup on a daily basis per my husband's request, so I wanted a more natural and young look. Elaine gave me exactly what I wanted, and then some more!!! I did a trial with Elaine and she was so meticulous in making sure I looked exactly how I wanted to look and my husband was blown away by her handiwork!

Throughout the months before our wedding, Elaine was so prompt in responding to my many questions and changes.

On our wedding day, a few relatives wanted to get their hair done and Elaine and her assistant made them gorgeous on the spot, without a second word! Elaine came early with her assistant and set up and kept all the many girls, including me, in line and on time. As soon as she had finished my makeup and hair, all my girls and family were ?awwwing? over me. Everyone complimented me on how gorgeous I looked, all thanks to Elaine! When it came time to walk down the aisle, my husbands eyes misted over and he told me how beautiful I looked. I wish I could have her make me look like that every day!

Thank you so much Elaine for making me so beautiful on our wedding day!!!!!

Sent on 11/22/2009

Marcella · Married on 09/26/2009

Elaine and her team is definitely one of the vendors that I'm most happy with for my wedding. I found Elaine on project wedding and decided to do a trial with her after seeing so many positive reviews with her. Elaine was very patient with me. I originally thought I wanted a more natural look which would have faint eyeshadow. After Elaine applied what I wanted, I changed my mind and she immediately applied more eyeshadow to help me decide which look I like most. We ended up testing out two more styles and I decided on a more smokey eye look which look absolutely gorgeous. I also have two completely different hairstyles tested out at the trial since I wasn't sure what I wanted. I was very happy with Elaine after the trial and decided to book with her. I had done a trial with another makeup artist which disappointed me very much. From that experience, I knew that picking Elaine was correct.

Fast forward to wedding day, I booked Elaine and 2 other girls in her team to do hair and makeup for me, my 3 bridesmaids, and 2 moms. They were on time even though the hotel room that I got ready at was very very difficult to find in a new resort (Terranea in Palos Verdes). She got to work immediately and spent a full 3 hour on my makeup and hair. She knew what I wanted from the trial, and her work is just magnificent! I never felt that beautiful in my life and I'm glad I felt that on my wedding day! I also love the fact that she is able to make me still "look like me" even with a good amount of makeup on. She is also very good with hair. My makeup and hair stay on beautifully from 11am to 11pm with no problem. One more plus with Elaine and her team is the other girls who did the hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and moms are also great. I was a little bit concerned about that at first (since I have had bad experience with good main makeup artist who has lousy assistants). But other girls in her team were so good at what they do that all my bms also have very cute hair up-dos and beautiful makeup. Overall I was extremely happy with Elaine makeup team and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/03/2009

Triyillo · Married on 09/05/2009

I’ve never felt more of a princess than on my wedding day! My best friend just got married about a year ago and I loved her make up so much so she referred me to Elaine. Elaine did a wonderful job. I don’t normally wear much makeup so I was worried that my face would look cakey or that people would focus on the makeup and not the person underneath it…. but not at all! The makeup was fresh and light, just the way I wanted. I couldn’t be more satisfied with how natural the makeup was and the best part was that the false lashes looked natural on me also!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Trujillo · Married on 09/05/2009

Sent on 05/05/2010

Noel · Married on 08/02/2009

Sent on 05/27/2010

Dora · Married on 03/01/2009

I recently had Elaine for my wedding makeup. I really surprise the result . My friends and relatives think the make up is so nature. Specially my husband love so much. I have a wonderful wedding day because Elaine make me believe i am the prettiest bride at that day. I will recommend Elain to my friends.

Sent on 04/06/2009

Allison · Married on 01/17/2009

I am using Elaine for my wedding day. She is truly amazing. I decided to go to her for my hair and make up trial the same day I took my engagment pictures. I felt gorgeous the entire day. And everywhere I went random people were stopping me to tell me how gorgeous my hair and make up looked and asked me who did my hair and make up. I would highly recommend Elaine, ECHOUmakeup.

Sent on 03/09/2009

Natalia · Married on 12/07/2008

I would highly recommend Elaine for anyone who wants to look the best on their wedding day. Elaine is very professional and her work is so amazing. She really knows what she is doing and I really love her make up a lot! And, best of all her price is very reasonable. No regrets and will use her again maybe in the future for my anniversaries :)

Sent on 05/26/2009

Stella · Married on 09/27/2008

I had a wonderful experience with Elaine. She did my bridal look which was absolutely beautiful. The makeup lasted all day (even through the hot day and tears)! Her team also did my mother and my bridesmaid. They were impressive as they came early and started immediately on the hair and makeup. Elaine worked only on me so her attention was completely on me. She has beautiful array of accessories to compliment any bridal gown or viel. Also she is very responsive to emails and phone calls. I definitely recommend her to other brides! :)

Sent on 04/23/2009

Catherine · Married on 08/11/2012

Elaine was awesome to work with! I loved how my hair and makeup looked the day of the wedding! Elaine and her team did an awesome job!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Dawn · Married on 08/27/2011

Elaine made me feel like a million bucks on my wedding day. I am not used to wearing a lot of makeup, so after the makeup trial, I requested a few changes, and was so happy with her artistry! I felt beautiful, the pictures turned out great, and she and her team finished early - for me, my four bridesmaids, and flower girl. I don't want to speak for my bridesmaids' satisfaction since I haven't asked them yet, but they looked beautiful too!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Cleo · Married on 01/23/2010

After asking around for numerous recommendations for a great make-up artist, I finally found Elaine! I got the Promotion Package B, which included make-up and hair for me and 6 of the ladies in my bridal party. I only had three bridesmaids but I chose the other 3 for my mom, mother-in-law, and sis. Everyone looked so beautiful! Also, the great thing about the package is that it included the bride trial-make-up and hair so I could preview what I looked like on my wedding day! Elaine was so nice and professional and she offered suggestions of what colors would look good on me. She knew exactly what she was doing, which put me to ease!

Sent on 04/02/2010

Skyle · Married on 01/01/2010

Elaine Chou did a great job at making me feel comfortable and was very pleasant to work with. Elaine is very patient and calm.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2009

Elaine chou and her team are great! She did my makeup for my engagement sessions, trial, and my wedding day on September. She and her team did amazing work on anybody! She's also easy to get along with and is really prompt and efficient at getting back to emails. Elaine is very patient and calm. I communicated with her entirely through email and she was very good about responding quickly. She takes pride in her work and she takes her time. The makeup was very natural. I am very pleased with her work. I couldn't remember how many compliments I got for the day. Elaine, you have truely done a wonderful job and thank you for making me so beautiful on one of the most important days in my life. My one of my beidesmaid, her wedding is next year, she book with Elaine Chou too. So I highly recommend Echoumake-up and Echoumakeup Team!

Sent on 11/06/2009

Nancy · Married on 08/09/2009

Elaine was great. I used her for my engagement and wedding day and she was on time and did a great job. She took her time and listened to what I wanted and the end result was great. I will definitely be using her in the future.

Sent on 08/25/2009

Juliet · Married on 12/20/2008

Elaine is incredibly talented and I was 100% happy with her on the day of my wedding. I had seen her work on a few of my friends and they always looked the best. Recreating some of the difficult hair-do's in magazines wasn't as natural for her but she did really well with a more clean, formal look. The makeup job she did was flawless and didn't come off AT ALL during the day.

She is a bit pricey but if you consider that she lends out veils and hair pieces, you save quite a bit with her. I borrowed a veil from her collection and it looked GREAT without me spending a dime!

Sent on 01/08/2009

Sharon · Married on 06/21/2014

This was the first time in my life that I got so many "wow, you're gorgeous" compliments from people, including strangers, so I was absolutely satisfied.

Elaine and Jesse were both great. Elaine did my makeup while Jesse did my hair. They both tag teamed so I got ready pretty quickly... in about 2 hours. I didn't even need a trial session because I had so much faith in Elaine. She definitely lived up to my expectation!

For both the hair and makeup, it literally lasted all day. I had so much trouble parting with the look that I kept it to the next morning... lol. I recommend you show them pictures of what you want to get the best results. If you want hair extensions, remind them the day before.

What's amazing is we were ahead of schedule. Pictures to come!

Side tip: If you need chairs and/or decor, Elaine can give you an awesome deal. It's too bad I found out about it after I bought my decor.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Valeree · Married on 05/19/2012

Elaine's associate, Lois, works magic. Definitely will book them again for a special event!

Sent on 07/10/2012