ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION} Reviews

104 | Temple City, CA

104 Reviews for ECHOUMAKEUP MAKEUP & HAIR STUDIO {AIRBRUSH / HAIR EXTENSION}

Lily · Married on 03/16/2012

Elaine's makeup and hair team did such a great job on me, my bridesmaids, and my mom on my wedding day. Many people told me that I looked great on my wedding day, and were surprised that I still managed to look like my natural self with all the makeup! I owe this to Elaine's superior skill and adroit hands in applying makeup, and her keen understanding on what I wanted for my look. I am lucky to have made the right choice on my makeup artist and highly recommend her for any future asian brides!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Charisse · Married on 12/31/2011

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Elaine and her staff! They were friendly, professional, and AMAZING from start to finish. Communication was quick and easy every time, making logistics and details easy to coordinate. They were prompt and efficient the day of our wedding, keeping things stress-free and on schedule. Prices are fair, and their work is FLAWLESS. My bridal party loved their makeup, received lots of compliments from guests, and looked beautiful in photos!

Sent on 02/23/2013

Tina · Married on 12/17/2011

Reasonable pricing and nice team

Sent on 01/11/2012

Irene · Married on 11/11/2011

Elaine was really great! She was able to transform the beastly side of me to beauty! I wear hard lenses, and if you have sensitive eyes like mine... you understand how hard for other people to apply eye make up on you. However, Elaine was very patience with my teary eyes. :) I turned out gorgeous! Ty, Elaine!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Sheiline · Married on 10/22/2011

A very skillful make up artist. I would definitely refer Elaine to my friends.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Tracy · Married on 10/22/2011

Elaine is TERRIFIC and I'm SOOOOO GLAD to find her!!! When I first met her to do a test trial, I showed her the picture of what I wanted my make-up and hair to look like. She was very patient and thorough with everything. The test trial looked great. A few days before my wedding day, she emailed me to confirm what I wanted and gave me advice on how to take care of my hair and face. She showed up on time on my wedding day. Even on my wedding day, I showed her a picture of a different style and she was able to emulate and made it look even better than my trial test. Elaine also did my two bridesmaid's hair style and they were very satisfied with the outcome. Everyone complimented my make-up and hair. What's more important is my make-up looked great the entire day starting at 5am and ending at 10pm. My make-up did not melt and looked nice throughout the day that was in the 80's. I really appreciated that Elaine listened to me and took my feedback positively. I would refer her to anyone. I really appreciated all of her work and overall glad and very satisfied with the outcome.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Katerina · Married on 09/25/2011

Elaine Chou and her team of professional makeup artists work magic. They are up to date on the latest makeup techniques, and make you look simply flawless. The makeup does not look "caked on" - in fact, after they are finished, it does not look like you are wearing makeup at all, but are simply transformed into the most beautiful "you" you can be! You can also get a more dramatic look if you ask. Elaine is very open to comments and will work with you to get the look you want.

Elaine and her team are always on time, and put you at ease. I was so lucky to have Elaine do my engagement photos, my wedding, and now, we are also hiring her to do an upcoming wedding. I just can't get enough!

Thank you so much for making me look my best for every important occasion!

-Katerina E. Simonetti, Esq.

Sent on 10/23/2011

Mai · Married on 09/24/2011

I am so grateful to Elaine and her team for making my wedding day as beautiful as it could ever be. The makeup and hair were beautiful, and the pictures will last a lifetime. Elaine was wonderful to work with. She is friendly, knows how to bring the beauty out of me, and very professional. I couldn't have asked for a better makeup artist.

Sent on 10/19/2011

Tina · Married on 08/21/2011

Elaine Chou did an AMAZING job on my make up and hair for my wedding!!!! She is a very skilled artist. I would even say she is somewhat of a perfectionist... it definitely shows through her work! She is detail oriented which I totally love! My eyelids are not symmetrical and she was able to flawlessly make them look completely equal! I felt like she knew how important this day was for me and made sure I looked beautiful. I got so many compliments- some said that I looked so beautiful that it didn't even look like me....ha ha sounds like a compliment and stab in the heart at the same time right!?! Hey, as long as I looked good that day I don't care! Ha ha anyway some of my gf have had their makeup and hair done by other popular local make up artists, but none of them can compare to Elaine's work. This lady has talent and you should definitely book her NOW! you will not be disappointed!!! She is super sweet as well! Happy wedding planning ladies! Xoxo

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Lorraine

Lorraine · Married on 08/13/2011

Overall, I loved my make up. Elaine was great to work with as well. I got the package deal (bride and 6 bridesmaids). Everyone turned out so beautiful and were extremely happy with the results. Elaine and her crew were a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • O

Ofelia · Married on 08/06/2011

For me to give such a high rating is something! Elaine was quick to respond to my questions and really listened to what i wanted. She did a wonderful job on my hair and make up for my trial and day of, I felt like a beautiful princess! I just cannot stop raving about the wonderful job that Elaine and her team did on my bridesmaid and mother in law. Everyone got what they asked for and even more.

The price that i was charged was fair especially for the quality of make up she uses, and she was flexible with the payment plans.

Elaine used high quality make up brand and does not charge higher for it, because while i was looking for a hair and make up vendor, i noticed some places charged more because of the brand of make up that they used.

While doing my trial- it was very personable because it is one on one, and i enjoyed my time getting to know her.

Since she has been doing this for awhile, she knows a lot of vendors in the industry. She recommended me a vendor for my personal flowers, and i was really happy with him too.

Elaine worked wonders on me and i highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Teri · Married on 07/16/2011

I love Elaine Chou makeup AND services!

Elaine did my trial hair/makeup for my engagement session and for my big day. I got tons of compliments... So many people said I should have her do my makeup all the time (I'm trying not to be insulted and choose to give credit to how great her work is). Seriously, one look at her website and you will see hundreds of before and after shots of brides as testimonials. I especially liked that she doesn't overdo your makeup so it's still very natural looking.

Elaine is very understanding about time, etc. We were getting married on "carmageddon" and she was very cool about rushing us to make sure we were on the road to make it on time. BUT, she didn't do a rush job as me and my bridesmaids looked fab-u-lous.

Her new boutique is very clean, quaint.

p.s. Elaine is also provides chair and lighting services and can recommend good photographers so I highly recommend contacting her as one of your first vendors. Elaine is very awesome and books up quickly so I would def call her first to book your dates sooner than later.

Sent on 08/05/2011
  • I

Irene · Married on 07/09/2011

I booked Elaine about a year before our wedding, but in late 2010, I read a review from another bride who had given her a very poor rating mostly due to the fact that she had arrived late, requested for a tip, and mentioned that Elaine had called her after the wedding to confront her about her negative review. I became very wary of this. I seriously considered hiring another artist, and in fact, became very anal retentive with Elaine, even requesting her to arrive earlier than necessary just to have a bigger window for time in the case that this should happen at our wedding (our wedding was also really far away, in the Malibu/Calabasas area).

A few days before the wedding, when I went to Elaine’s studio to pick up makeup/hair accessories, I mentioned to my mom the review I had read, as I was unsure of what an expected ‘tip’ would be for something like this, who said that this seemed out of sorts with the Elaine that we had worked with, who was always very courteous, friendly, and professional. When we picked up our accessories, Elaine patiently helped us pick out the accessories she had, and even helped my mom pick out some accessories for herself.

On our wedding day, Elaine’s helpers not only came on time, they were 20 minutes early, and were very courteous, and even played around with different hair styles that the bridesmaids, MOB, and MOG wanted. They also were very professional with all my bridesmaids, were great on time, and listened to all their requests and did everything perfectly. When Elaine came to do my hair/makeup, she was equally courteous and friendly, and just a genuinely kindhearted person who cared to make the bride/her bridal party look amazing. Considering how she probably does hair/makeup every weekend for every bride, she did not consider us “just another job”, and treated us with respect, did an AMAZING job, and I am COMPLETELY satisfied with her services.

When my mom went back to Elaine’s studio to return our borrowed items, she asked Elaine about the negative review, and Elaine explained that while she was late, she did not ask for an extra tip. She tried to call the bride to explain herself, but the bride was terse and hung up on her. I suppose I’m writing this on behalf of Elaine – I’m not trying to negate what the other bride said, because I am SURE that the makeup stylist showing up late on your wedding date is indeed very stressful, but I was definitely influenced by that review, but that instance was uncharacteristic of what Elaine’s services are usually like. And 99.999% of the time, she is an amazing artist and does great work. Also, she has great packages that she puts together for big wedding party groups that are very affordable and cost efficient. She was one of the few people who was great on pricing for such a giant party like ours!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Lani · Married on 06/18/2011

I was very impressed with Elaine Chou for make up and hair on my wedding day. My make up and hair turned out beautiful! Elaine was very professional and talented! She gets 5 stars from me because I felt pretty that day and my husband could not stop staring at me.

Sent on 06/24/2011
  • W

Christina · Married on 06/18/2011

Elaine Chou and her second artist, Nicole, really did a great job with my bridal hair and makeup, my Maid of Honor’s hair and makeup, and the moms’ makeup.

On the morning of the wedding, everything was completed within two hours. Each of our preferences was taken into account, with my MOH choosing the longer hairdo over the up-do and my mother asking for very light makeup. My mother-in-law’s eye makeup was a little heavy for her liking, but after she removed the false eyelashes (which she had never worn before) she looked great and was pleased. Elaine asked me if I wanted my beauty marks covered, and I asked her to just lighten them but not cover them up all the way. She took care of that, and even concealed a scar that I have on my back pretty well.

Each of our looks complimented our dresses perfectly. The makeup stayed in place all day, with only touchups under my eyes and a little powder needed. I used the touch-up kit that Elaine had loaned me for a deposit of $50, which I mailed back to her the Monday after the wedding. I’m very pleased with EChou Makeup's services!

Sent on 06/27/2011

Ivy · Married on 06/12/2011

Elaine did an excellent wedding makeup on me! She's very nice, patient, and professional. She even gave me her real orchids in the studio as my wedding accessories on that day! She's wonderful!!! In addition to her great personality, her makeup skills are fantastic!!! I'm very satisfied with my wedding makeup she did on me! =)

Sent on 06/25/2011

Genevieve · Married on 05/28/2011

They came earlier than time scheduled for my wedding! Elaine Chou's team was fast, efficient, and all my bridesmaids loved their makeup and hair! They were able to add an additional person last minute for hair and still got everyone done earlier than the time allotted. I loved the way Elaine did my hair and makeup! It was exactly what I wanted and she was able to do it exactly like the pictures I chose. She ended up doing a different hair than my hair trial and makeup and it looked better than I could imagine. I love that she has accessories, make up kits included and even a veil. I was able to borrow hair accessories and not have to buy. Elaine Chou, your the best!

Sent on 06/25/2011

Veronica · Married on 04/17/2011

Elaine did my makeup and hair for me and my wedding party, every one absolutely loved it...she know many little tricks to make your eyes look bigger, her eyebrow make up is the best...my makeup lasted the entire day...we where really , really happy and satisfied with her service.

Sent on 06/06/2011

Hannah · Married on 04/10/2011

Elaine Chou is the best make up artist ever! Love her work. I had Elaine do my hair+make up for my pre wedding photoshoot and it's the best look I've ever had! She chose a make up style that suits my facial feature. I'll come back to Elaine for another session for my bridal shower!!!

Sent on 06/04/2011

Henry · Married on 03/27/2011

Me and wife Novi had our wedding at Langham Pasadena last March 27th 2011 and had Elaine as the make up artist even her husband did our gobo lights and had the beautiful chiavalry chairs. We were very pleased with them also back couples years ago Elaine was the make up artist as well on my brother's wedding. Thank you to Elaine and Terry be part of our beautiful and memorable wedding.

Sent on 04/29/2011

Kate · Married on 01/29/2011

I loved my makeup~~~~ Everyone commented how pretty I looked and I had it all day and all night long.

Sent on 03/04/2011

Julie · Married on 11/20/2010

Elaine and her team was awesome. She was wonderful when I went for my trial. She arrived on time and was super sweet. My bridal party and my makeup/hair was beautiful. She even did a some touchup on the groom without laughing. Pick her you won't regret it.

Sent on 05/03/2011
  • I

Ivy · Married on 10/23/2010

Elaine is professional, on time and very patient. I loved my makeup and hair! I received so many compliments on my big day. She is certainly one of the best makeup artists in the area. I highly recommend her service to other brides-to-be.

Sent on 11/27/2010

Melinda · Married on 10/23/2010

For some reason I thought picking a make-up person for my wedding day would be easy--bring some pix of what I want, sit in a chair, relax, and come out looking great on the other side.

However, I had 3 disappointing make-up trials from other vendors--all of whom were rated well by other brides but for whatev reason weren't doing it for me. Overdone, underdone, didn't come out well in pictures, etc. My search started to become worrisome, plus trials are not free! With Elaine, thank goodness, I finally felt pleased with the end result.

Beyond that, everything else was easy...Elaine is patient, pleasant, on time, helpful. Makeup lasted all day, and I have pretty oily skin. She also has a collection of hair accessories which you can borrow from. Overall, very pleased.

Sent on 07/11/2011