Eat Your Heart Out Catering Reviews

70 | Falmouth, MA

70 Reviews for Eat Your Heart Out Catering

Kim · Married on 05/26/2012

What an amazing caterer! EYHO was professional, enthusiastic, and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. Jen answered all of our questions, Sean put together a delicious and fun menu, and the chef and staff did an amazing job day of. Guests raved about the food! We can't say enough good things about EYHO... thank you all so much and keep up the incredible work!

Sent on 05/29/2012

Nellie · Married on 06/04/2011

Our planner recommended a few caterers, but as soon as I spoke with Sean at EYHO I knew that they would get our business. Sean is friendly, easy going, extremely knowledgeable (he is the chef and owner) and he just seemed to get what we were going for. We wanted a non stuffy, fun, but still very classy feel to our wedding and they pulled it off effortlessly with fun ideas for the cocktail hour like clam chowder shooters, mini lobster rolls and mac and cheese on an edible spoon.

Our tasting with Jennifer and Sean was so much fun and delicious. My mom was concerned about the fish having fennel since some family members don't like it, and they prepared the dish with and without the fennel for us to try. Also, one of my bridesmaids is allergic to goat cheese, which was in the mashed potatoes of both entrees. It was no problem at all for them to swap in regular potatoes, and on the day-of when I was too flustered to make sure she got the right meal, they were one step ahead of me.

The food was delicious, hot, and cooked to perfection, even though it was being cooked in a cook tent on a windy and chilly day. Everyone raved about the food which is very unusual at a wedding. I would not go with anyone else.

Sent on 07/25/2011

Jillian · Married on 09/25/2010

Eat Your Heart Out recently catered our wedding on September 25th. They are AMAZING. From the food to the service everything was above and beyond our expectations. My family revolves around big gatherings and great food so I was nervous to find just the right caterer to make my family happy. Sean is exceptional at what he does. From the moment we did a tasting with him we knew he was the guy to work with. He is extremely personable and talented and my parents fell in love with his food immediately. Jen is a lifesaver! She took the time to field my many phone calls and even met with me at our site to go through logistics and give advice and ideas. The day of our wedding I did not worry about a thing because I knew Jen was in charge. I will hire them again the second the chance comes up. Great people, great service, great food!

Sent on 10/17/2010

meredith · Married on 08/28/2010

Our family held our daughter's wedding on our land in Falmouth. The location had a lot of tricky features, in terms of how to set up tent, where to put chairs, serve food. Jennifer helped us sort this beautifully. The family's love of food and ethnic diversity made a class act important. The food is alive, interesting, and also unpretentious. We found the entire staff of Eat Your Heart Out very responsive, creative, flexible, warm, and professional. These people really listen, and particularly their event planner, Jennifer, and Sean, the owner. The chef for us was Crystal mainly, I believe, and we found her charming, informed, obviously enjoying cooking good food.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Kristen · Married on 07/29/2010

We chose Eat Your Heart Out Caterers because they put us at ease right from the start. They suggested great venders for the other services, provided helpful advice and were wonderful to work with. The food was amazing and even the display of the food,and decoration took our breath away. The catering staff were professional, helpful and fun to have at our wedding! Our family and friends are still raving about the food at OUR wedding!! Thank you Eat Your Heart Out!

Sent on 08/21/2010

Ben · Married on 10/17/2009

Our wedding day was better than we could have imagined, and "Eat Your Heart Out" was a big part of our amazing day. The servers couldn't have been nicer...we actually had guest comment on how nice they were. The food was amazing! From the apps to the main course.
    Really could not have been happier with our decision to use "EYHO" for our catering.

Sent on 11/10/2009

Andrena · Married on 09/12/2009

I can't say enough about Sean and Eat Your Heart Out Catering. We had him cater our wedding in September. My family and friends have NOT STOPPED talking about how delicious the food was. Everything was so fresh and tasty. Sean doesn't do just "typical" wedding food...his food is different, fresh, and delicious. Sean is an extremely down to earth guy. I felt comfortable with him from the moment we met. He really wanted to make me happy. He was open to any suggestion that I had and worked with my skimpy budget. I met with a lot of caterers in the Falmouth area when planning my wedding and i am 100% sure that I picked the best. Even my Italian grandmother, who NEVER likes anything but food made at home, loved the food at my wedding. She hasn't stopped ranting and raving about it with her sister. If Sean impressed her, he can impress anyone. :)

Sent on 10/28/2009

Eat Your Heart Out Catering's reply:

Thank you Andrena many happy years for you and Kenny. I hope to see you on the cape.
    Chef Sean
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/01/2008

Sean Dailey and his staff coordinated an excellent wedding celebration for my family. The food was delicious. EYHO served halibut, tenderloin, and chicken dishes to my guests. Our event took place in the fall so Sean planned several harvest-themed menu items for the hors d'oeuvres, main entrees, and side items. Everyone raved about the food! The servers will incredibly friendly, energetic, and enthusiastic to ensure everyone was having a great time. They certainly treated my husband and I like king and queen all night! In addition to wonderful food and service, Sean and his team worked closely with the band, florist, photographer, reception site, and baker to create an event that suited our style. Together, they took care of details that I would not have thought of on my own. The evening transitioned seamlessly from cocktails, dinner, cake cutting, and dancing. Our harvest theme was expressed in every facet of the wedding reception. I highly recommend this outfit for your next celebration!

Sent on 01/21/2009

Jaci · Married on 10/25/2008

Eat Your Heart Catering did a phenomenal job catering our wedding. Sean Dailey and his staff are truly the best in the business. Sean put together a spectacular menu and he and his staff were completely professional and friendly. The food was amazing! Everyone at the wedding raved about the food, and we frequently heard from our guests that it was the best fare they'd ever had at a wedding. We are telling all of our friends and family to use Eat Your Heart out Catering for any and all events they are hosting.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Tammy · Married on 09/20/2008

Sean and his staff are unbelievable! The food was AMAZING and everyone loved it! I would highly recommend his company to anyone having a wedding, party, event, etc. Sean is an amazing chef and a wonderful friend!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Tammy · Married on 09/20/2008

Sean and his staff did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding. The food from beginning to end was outstanding, there was plenty to go around, and friends couldn't say enough about how great it was! Sean also personally made sure that my husband and I were taken care of:-) Would highly recommend

Sent on 06/22/2011

Kara · Married on 09/05/2010

Jen was terrific during our wedding, she made sure everything went smoothly and she was above and beyond what I expected from the caterer in terms of organization the day of the event. We got married at my parents house in Wareham, and so there were a lot of small things that came up that wouldn't at a function hall.

We changed our selections NUMEROUS times and they were great about everything.

Our guests are STILL raving about the food, and we had some very picky people! My husband has never been impressed with food at a wedding but was very pleased with ours. Some of the favorites were the lobster mac and cheese on the edible spoon, the sliders and everyone wants the tuna recipe!!

Thanks again EYHO!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Ellen · Married on 06/12/2010

We got married on June 12th in our backyard in Bourne. Everyone had a blast! Every person on staff with Eat Your Heart Out was awesome! They were very helpful, happy and a real pleasure to have be a part of our wedding. We come from 2 families of foodies and so we ordered quite a variety of appetizers and entrees and had a raw bar. Everyone raved about the food - it was fantastic and there was more than enough for everyone. I would highly recommend Sean and his staff for any event and will definitely use them in the future.

Sent on 06/20/2010

Angie · Married on 11/01/2008

Sean was wonderful to work with. He worked with us to get our reception in to our price range. His food was excellent. We had so many compliments. The staff was great. They were so gracious to our guests.

Sent on 01/17/2009

Kristin · Married on 06/02/2012

Excellent food. Very attentive to the bide and groom. Everyone loved their meals and the hors devours

Sent on 06/11/2012

Kelly Ann · Married on 09/07/2013

I loved working with Eat Your Heart Out. Food was great and they worked with me every step of the way!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Nathan · event on: 11/18/2017

3.0

EYHO recently catered a solemn event for my family. They were respectful, professional and the food was just right. Their hospitality helped ease the stress of what was a difficult day. I look forward to using their services again in the future, hopefully for a more festive occasion.

Sent on 11/21/2017

2.0

The EYHO team produced food that left our guests raving; the food was far beyond the expectations of wedding food; it was gourmet by all accounts. The responsiveness in the planning process was spectacular; Kelly was so awesome to work with!

We did experience a few issues that weren't acknowledged, which left me a bit disappointed:
    1. If you are using them for your rehearsal dinner, and want a bbq style dinner, make sure that you know that a 'tube steak' is a hot dog.... it's not steak.
    2. I specifically requested for a server to visit the bridal party during our photos, which were taken during the cocktail hour. While one tray was brought when we first arrived (for 20 people)....We took photos in the back of the house instead of the front, which may have been the disconnect, but no appetizers led to a very grumpy groom and, therefore, a very fast photo session with our bridal party, unfortunately.
    3. I paid extra for additional staff so that we could have synchronized plating (each table is given their plates at the same time, simultaneously). Not only did this not happen, we had a few guests who did not receive their meals until everyone else at their table was done.
    4. Because of #3, I gave a list of table numbers, and seat numbers, with each guest's name and meal choice. Guests were asked to sit in specific seats, so that the staff would know which meals went where. The staff still went to each table and polled to see who was sitting where, and asked guests what they would like to eat.. leading people to change their minds. Therefore, myself (the bride) and my mother-in-law did not get our meal option, because they ran out.

Otherwise, like I said - the food itself was fabulous (so I heard, I only got one appetizer, which I am super bummed about because everyone keeps raving about all of them!) and Kelly is super responsive!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Kristina · Married on 01/26/2008

2.5

They created a great menu. The food looked incredible, tasted even better. We had lots of compliments. The only drawback is that there were quite a few "hidden costs"

Sent on 09/14/2009

Roberta Brennan · Married on 07/09/2019

A total disappointment

I attended a wedding for a dear friend's son this past September 2019 in Sandwich,MA. In spite of the lovely setting the job done by your company was substandard in every way. It was a large gathering, probably over 200 guests, and I am sure most came away VERY hungry. The idea was long tables served family style and there just wasn't nearly enough food! As this became apparent during the evening, family members of the couple searched out your staff members to see what was happening only to find that they were chowing down behind the tent and could not have cared less! In the end, many people attended an after party where the brides parents had to buy several thousand dollars worth of pizza to feed their famished guests. To add insult to injury, no one from your organization has offered any explanation or restitution to the newlyweds. Repeated attempts to contact you by the families of the bride and groom have been ignored. I can't believe you can operate a business this way and sincerely hope that you don't do this to anyone else.

Sent on 11/23/2019