Recommended by 97%
19 User photos
safaa · Married on 07/28/2015
best service ever, incredible food, love itSent on 08/31/2015
Maya · Married on 05/24/2014
Eat & Smile General ImpressionsSent on 01/05/2015
• Timely in response to my million e-mails containing questions regarding timelines, menu planning, questions with regards to the kitchen available at the venue, etc.
• Unlike the big box caterers in DC (Occasions, Ridge wells, Windows, etc.) Eat & Smile is more of you pick what you want and need and they help to put together exactly what you are looking for – however, with that you need to be mindful of costs as they are individualized vs. one lump sum (recommend maintaining a detailed spreadsheet with your costs)
• Oliver is very friendly and flexible in helping to build your menu and plan your event
• Alcohol and general rentals are not available at E&S thus requires more coordination with additional vendors
• My overall impression is that guests did like the format and the food however, I think we could have used additional / heavier
• Catering staff was very friendly and we were extremely happy with the service on the day of
Eat & Smile Passed Hors D'oeuvres Format PROS:
• Food warm is available to guests throughout the event unlike a plated dinner
• Guests are able to choose from a variety of foods which is particularly helpful for guests with dietary restrictions
• Costs are reduced as you do not need to rent utensils, plates, etc. (consider having enough seating for older adults even though the meal isn’t sit down)
Eat & Smile Passed Hors D'oeuvres Format CONS:
• Unlike a sit down dinner keeping to your timeline of events (special dances, cake cutting, bouquet toss, etc.) can be more tricky as you really need either a coordinator or bridesmaid to stay on top of things and alert you when it is time for any of your events
• Tables can look empty without dinnerware – suggest wide centerpieces
• Guests can be a bit confused as to when and what food is available – printing the menu can placing it on the seats at the ceremony or at the reception can help!
Hilary · Married on 10/15/2011
All local foods. All delicious. Highly recommend Chef Oliver.Sent on 12/21/2011
Katie · Married on 10/03/2009
Professional caterer providing interesting and tasty local food.Sent on 10/16/2009
Amber · Married on 08/19/2017
While the food was delicious, there were glaring errors that we couldn't get past. They put our cocktail hour in a different location than we discussed. It was in the back of the building near the parking lot and dumpster. (I have a photo that two of my guests took of them with their cocktails in front of the dumpster). My handicapped mother had to go around the outside of the building to get access because the most immediate route had stairs. I had rented stools to put at the cocktail table for her but they weren't there because all the tables were up on the patio where the cocktail hour was supposed to be. Two guests didn't have a place to sit at their assigned table because not enough chairs were placed at that table. I was served the wrong entree because the wait staff got it into their heads that I was a vegetarian.Sent on 09/15/2017
The company apologized and reimbursed us some money but I would gladly give all that money back to not have had the grief and heartache that their errors caused.
Eat & Smile Catering's reply:
Leah · Married on 03/28/2015
We really wanted to love E&S- we had a great initial tasting and loved their ethos. Unfortunately, picking out our menu turned out to be tough, because we had a series of 2 tastings where we either weren’t served the foods/styles we had chosen (foods were fried that shouldn’t have been, separate entrees and sides were combined unexpectedly, the chef changed sauces or dressings from what we’d selected), or the food was just off- eg, we were served a lasagna that had completely collapsed, and told that of course it would look better at the wedding,Sent on 11/08/2015
We also ran into issues about what was included in the contract. We had selected a plated dinner (ie, entree and side vegetable), all vegetarian. In multiple cases, the E&S team would insist that veggies in an entree counted as the side – eg, the veggies inside “Vegetable Lasagna” counted as the side, or polenta cake with peppers on top was both an entree AND a side. At $80+/head, it’s not cool to have to argue about whether a hunk of unflavored polenta counts as an entree the way that a steak would. I'd strongly recommend that vegetarians going with E&S decide on a full menu before signing the contract.
Anyways, all of these issues sound really petty, and no single one would have bothered us- but the combination of switches/errors and nickel-and-diming was unnecessarily stressful, and on the day of, one entrée choice was indeed different (smaller and less flavored) from what we’d had at the tasting. None of our guests said anything about the dinner–not a good sign.
To close with the good: with the exception of the food issues, execution was flawless. E&S staff are very responsive, competent, and nice, and did a great job staffing our wedding, flipping the rooms, serving, etc. Their in-house coordinator, Alana, was great. And aside from the menu issues, they did offer a range of creative appetizers and customizable special options. I wish we had better things to say about the actual meal.
Brittne · Married on 05/05/2018
E&S manager Katie offered a great vision that was not delivered. Custom menu sounds like a great idea but in hindsight if food is really important to you, do a sample tasting of the actual menu. Doing so might have solved 50% of my problems with E&S because the ethnic fusion meal I wanted was not what I got. The other 50% of my dissatisfaction with E&S was due to lazy servers, lack of attention to detail, and poor coordination. For example, I mentioned several times my nieces' food allergy. Guess what she was served? The allergen salad. There were also bartender issues, and cleanup issues, and display issues. Overall, I was disappointed in E&S. When I mentioned all the issues I had with E&S in an email that included the Wedding Planner, E&S took the planner of the reply email and proceeded to throw her under the bus and blame her for everything. Unprofessional.Sent on 06/28/2018
Eat & Smile Catering's reply:
Emily · Married on 05/27/2017
We had a pretty bad experience with E&S and it ended up putting a shadow over our post wedding bliss. I heard the food was good from my guest (no one brought us any dinner) and they were flexible during the event, but working with them was challenging. During the planning process, I found some of the correspondence to be rude. And after the wedding was over, they were outright aggressive and accusatory when we were trying to find where our alcohol and a few of items were. The post wedding bliss was supposed to be fun, but working with them and getting upsetting/aggressive/rude emails was pretty terrible. I would not recommend using this company for this reason. They wrote emails criticizing the flow of our wedding, making judgement about our guests even though we we were flexible when they made mistakes and when they cancelled our walk through an hour before it took place (even though they know we were only in DC for a few days, from Seattle). They acted like their reputation was untouchable and I regret using them for our wedding.Sent on 10/24/2017
Eat & Smile Catering's reply:
User4936312 · 2+ years ago
Dishonest company. I am incredibly disappointed in the fact that they have lied to me about my bill and do it with such arrogance.Sent on 12/02/2015