Eat Cake Reviews

26 Reviews for Eat Cake

• Victoria

Victoria R. · Married on 10/19/2019

Birch Cake Wedding

We LOVED our cake for our wedding. Debbie has a real passion for her art. The cake was custom to our vision and our lifestyle. She took the time to review flavors and the look we wanted. It looked picture perfect and was delicious too! I have referred many of our friends to her becuase of the wonderful experience we had. Good cake and a good soul too!

Sent on 02/20/2020

M · Married on 10/21/2017

Debbie Pagel of Eat Cake is an amazing artist, and one mean baker. She did a custom wedding cake for our fall wedding and we couldn’t have been happier with the result. From the consultation to the delivery & setup of the finished cake, Debbie exceeded our expectations (and when it comes to dessert, we have VERY high expectations!). :) She listened carefully to our design idea, which featured several different themes significant to us as a couple, and pulled it all together in a stunning, four-tier wedding cake with an ombre color scheme and tons of hand-painted details. She thoroughly explained her process and all of the available options, patiently fielded our many questions, and was very generous with her time when we met up with her. We were thrilled to learn that she can make gluten-free wedding cake. Most importantly, both the gluten-free and regular layers of our cake were unbelievably delicious. We got a LOT of compliments from our guests on both the taste and the design of the cake, and it was neat to see people come up to the front of the reception hall just to see the cake. She took our wedding cake idea from dream to reality, and was an absolute pleasure to work with throughout. Eat Cake! is a hidden gem in Milwaukee’s wedding cake scene—we’re so happy we found Debbie.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Eat Cake's reply:

Thanks so much for this wonderful review! I know this might sound corny, but I will always remember you and your story when I'm start gazing or dreaming of a galaxy far far away. Congratulations!!

Amanda · Married on 08/19/2017

Eat Cake! was so wonderful to work with! So easy to work with and the cake was to die for!!!! I received so many compliments on how delicious and gorgeous the cake was! Everything about Eat Cake! was perfect!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Eat Cake's reply:

Thank you so much!! Your wedding was one of those that I would've loved to have attended! The band sounded amazing and the place looked fabulous. The food I'm sure was amazing as well considering were it came from. Hope you had a wonderful time! So glad you enjoyed the cake.

Carolyn · Married on 06/24/2017

Debbie's cake is simply the BEST. She's incredibly easy to work with, a great value and super responsive. But truthfully, the cake speaks for itself. Quite a few bakeries we tried were dense and heavy. Then we visiting Eat Cake and it was a completely different story. A huge variety of cake, filling and frosting options -- all presented separately so you could try the unique combinations yourself. We ended up going with white/yellow tuxedo cake, raspberry fruit filling/buttercream and vanilla buttercream frosting - YUM! Cake was light and heavenly, filling/frostings were the perfect amount of sweetness. Seriously, set up a tasting, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Eat Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for the review!! Glad you liked the cake!

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2017

What a delicious cake! It was perfect and everything we were looking for. We cant wait for our next one. Thank you for the excellent service!!!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Eat Cake's reply:

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it. Wish you both the best, congratulations!

Patrick · Married on 06/26/2016

This was the first tasting we went to and we decided on Eat Cake without going anywhere else. The cake was delicious and absolutely beautiful. So happy with our choice

Sent on 12/08/2016

Eat Cake's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! Glad you were satisfied. Have a happy married life!!

Debbie was so nice, professional, and made a lovely cake.

Sent on 09/15/2015

Lynn · Married on 06/26/2015

I have been working with Debbie for 10 years on all of my events that include cake (maybe even ones that don't). She has never let me down with vision and taste of my requests. So, of course I would use Eat Cake for my wedding day! Amazing design and every one loved LOVED the lavender cake. We never knew (as well as our guests) that lavender cake existed. It was phenomenal! Thank you Debbie for all of your amazing work for me and my events over the years!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Eat Cake was a great choice for our wedding! Debbie was great to work with, and she was so flexible with our schedule (we live out of town, and she always made time for us when we were in town and wanted to meet). The cake looked fabulous - the colour, shape, design and all of the details were perfect. While I didn't actually get to eat any cake other than the bite from cutting the cake (because we were so busy talking to guests), everyone told us how much they loved our cake. I cannot wait for our one year to indulge in it again! I would highly recommend Eat Cake to anyone getting married in the Milwaukee area - hands down, a wonderful experience and stunning product!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Incredibly delicious cake and amazing service! Debbie was by far our favorite vendor to work with during our whole planning experience. Our tastings were so good. She listened to what we wanted and worked within our budget. We couldn't have been happier with how our cakes looked. Everyone raved about how delicious they were. I would recommend Eat Cake! In a heartbeat.

Sent on 11/06/2014

She was absolutely wonderful to work with. Not only was she super attentive to our needs, but she made sure to completely clarify our vision at the initial meeting by using frosting techniques etc on cardboard so we knew exactly what we were getting. In addition, the tasting was the most professional and all encompassing that we had here in Milwaukee; it was so efficient and she was so attentive that we not only decided to get our cake from her but also chose 5 different cupcake combos (and she was able to make any combination that we asked for!). I also got a surprise groomscake from her, and a life size replica of one of my husbands childhood stuffed animal for his birthday, both of which were absolutely stunning and accurate down to the exact dirty cloth color on the stuffed animal.

In addition to all of that, she had the most affordable prices we had found in all of Milwaukee. Both of us are student, and being on a budget it was awesome to find someone who made us feel like we were getting the highest quality product without breaking the bank. If you want someone who you can completely trust to say yes to your crazy ideas and to produce a top notch product, seriously come in for a tasting here because I am totally comfortable saying that you'll leave wanting her as your baker.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Delicious!!! We tasted several places in the MKE area and could not forget Debbie's amazing buttercream frosting! Her cake design was beautiful and turned out exactly how I envisioned! We took the top tier home with all intentions of saving it for our first year, but we just had to eat it! So we will see you in a year for an anniversary cake! Highly recommend EAT CAKE, delicious moist cake with amazing buttercream!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Chrissy · Married on 08/08/2014

The baker I had used for my wedding cake was amazing, she was very good with working with us with the flavors, style, colors, & type of cake for the wedding. It not only looked beautiful, but it tasted amazing! I got many compliments at my wedding about the cake. I will definitely recommend her for anyone that is looking for a wedding cake baker! :)

Sent on 08/20/2014

Working with Debbie at Eat Cake was a real treat. She provides so many different delicious options for cake flavors and encouraged us to think outside the box. We were having Cherry Amaretto ice-cream so it was important for us to find a cake that tasted great with it. Without even asking she whipped up some custom flavors and gave great suggestions about what paired well with it. The cake and ice-cream were the talk of the wedding because they tasted so great together. I would recommend Eat Cake to everyone and would work with them again in a second.

Sent on 09/28/2013

Debbie at Eat Cake is a true artist! She made sure that she understood our vision for our wedding cake (which was shaped like Mt Kilimanjaro) and even worked on a recipe using our home-brewed mead in both the cake and the frosting. We loved it!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Leah · Married on 08/10/2013

Deb is absolutely AMAZING! The cake was so well done. It looked like lace...exactly what I wanted. I couldn't have been more excited when I finally saw it. We got the lavender which was delicious!

Sent on 08/24/2013
  • User4781932 · 2+ years ago

Our cake was a complete masterpiece! We didn't even want to eat it because it was so beautiful! Of course we did, and it tasted better than it looked!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Eat Cake's reply:

Thank you for the review! Which wedding cake was this I wonder?

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2011

Debbie at Eat Cake was wonderful to work with! She made our wedding cake as well as a groom's cake that I surprised my husband with! She was very creative and helpful as we talked out the design of our wedding cake, and very discreet when it came to the surprise cake. Debbie was professional and completely on top of her game. She worked with our budget, and both cakes turned out AMAZING - they tasted and looked unbelievable. The Vespa scooter cake for my husband was a complete show-stopper! I will absolutely be recommending Eat Cake to all of my engaged friends!!

Sent on 10/04/2011

Maureen · Married on 08/29/2009

Debbie is a true artist and we had so much fun working with her. She met and exceeded expectations and definitely made our dream cake! She also made a fun groom's cake as well, that was a surprise for the groom. I received many compliments on not only how beautiful the cake was but on how GOOD it was!!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Alison · Married on 08/18/2007

she was absolutley amazing! highly recommend her to anyone. we got alot of service for a very reasonable price.

Sent on 03/08/2009

Nicole · Married on 06/19/2004

Fabulous! The owner was a delight to work with. She listened to what we wanted to create for our wedding party and suggested some great things. She experimented with some flavors she had nevered worked with before and also with some different styles of cakes as well. She enjoyed the uniqueness of our event and delivered a wonderful product. Our participants still talk about the cakes!

Sent on 12/28/2007

Jane · Married on 08/18/2018

Debbie at Eat Cake was awesome to work with! She allowed us to come in for two tastings to figure out what flavors of cake we wanted. We were even able to pick some unique flavors she had never tried before like boysenberry and champagne butter cream. Her lemon cake was to die for. She answered all our emails and calls and we were very happy with how our decorated cake out too. It matched our colors perfectly!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Debbie did an amazing job - the cake looked better than I expected! She made last minute accommodations to meet with us when we got into town, and even let us taste a few samples. We were so happy with the final product, and heard great reviews from our guests. I would definitely recommed Eat Cake for the level of service and quality of product. They did a fantastic job!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Kari · Married on 08/11/2007

Eat Cake is amazing! If you are looking for something traditional or something totally out of the ordinary, she can do it! She uses the skills she learned being trained as a Fine Art Sculptor to create the most beautiful and mind blowing cakes! And of course delicious!

Sent on 07/13/2008

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2008

beyond spectacular!!! I'd reccomend Eat cake to anyone and already have. Taste of the product is fantastic. Their attention to detail and artistic talents are unmatched in the area. GREAT value.

Sent on 12/12/2008