Eastern Market Reviews

Eastern Market 2
  • User4720528 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.5

Eastern Market was great to work with! Having a blank canvas afforded us the opportunity to plan our wedding exactly as we wanted. Guests loved the idea and we were able to make great use of the massive space (video karaoke, photo booth, bean bag toss). Vendors need to be "preferred," but the process for vendors is simple and beneficial to them further down the road.

Sent on 11/25/2015

Emily · Married on 04/28/2017

3.4
      3.5

We LOVED having our wedding at the Eastern Market (shed 5) and got so many compliments from our guests about the unique venue. We were looking for a space that we could bring in whatever caterer we wanted as well as one where we could bring in our own alcohol and also fit 250+ and wasn't a hotel/traditional wedding venue, when we came across Eastern Market we fell in love with the space. Melissa was very upfront about the challenges and work that goes into having an event at the Eastern Market regarding bringing in all of your tables/chairs/etc. and coordinating all of your vendors. We wouldn't have changed a thing and absolutely loved having our wedding here. However, definitely worth noting that it's definitely not a traditional wedding venue and even the way the Eastern Market runs events seem to cater a bit more to corporate events rather than weddings. As for the value...I initially thought the Eastern Market was relatively affordable, however once we factored in all the rentals that are traditionally provided at a venue the cost was on par with higher-end venues in my opinion. That said, if you're looking for a unique space and willing to put in some work (or hire a wedding planner!) I'd definitely recommend it -- we're still getting compliments from in-town and out-of town guests on how much they loved it!

Sent on 05/19/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/13/2018

3.0
      2.0
      3.0

Horrible Communications and Break Ins

From the beginning we had an issue with getting people to respond to our emails and phone calls. We had weeks that people would not respond to multiple phone calls and emails. During the wedding two of the cars were broken into even with 4 security workers we paid for though the Eastern Market. The site was beautiful and we loved the wedding. Every vendor we got to plan and bring in. Making it a one of a kind wedding that was all our own! I would not recommend it though because of all of the hassle.

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Eastern Market 3
    Eastern Market 4

Amy Anderson · Getting married on 02/01/2020

Completely Unresponsive

Eastern Market was my top choice for a wedding venue, so Im pretty disappointed that we are ruling it out for something as avoidable as "no one will call me back." Over the last 2 weeks, I've sent a web inquiry through the website, sent several emails directly to Melissa Thomas, left 3 voicemails on both Melissa's extension and the general line, and left 1 pitiful "please I'm begging you to personally pass this message on to Melissa: please call me back" message with the receptionist. Not an email, call, text, or flipped bird in my direction in response. So I guess we are moving on. 💔 If you are lucky enough to get a call back, i wish you all the best with the communication. I imagine it could get gnarly if something urgent comes up in the planning process.

Sent on 06/04/2019