East Sac Florist Reviews

6 | Sacramento, CA

6 Reviews for East Sac Florist

6 East Sac Florist Reviews

Janine · Married on 06/01/2013

Philip Rice is a genius! I can’t recommend him and his business highly enough.
    Philip Rice was our floral designer/visionary for our wedding at the Inn at Park Winters. Park Winters is a breathtaking property on its own, but Philip made it magical. Everything Philip did enhanced the property. Many of our guests commented that it was the prettiest wedding they had ever seen. Throughout the process, I kept sending my Mom photos of gorgeous weddings featured on SMP and later my Mom admitted that she never thought we would be able to afford a wedding like the ones the website featured. Philip created something even better with a fair price! Both my Mom and I thought it was lovelier than anything we saw in a wedding magazine. In addition to being talented, Philip is creative, nice, and generous. Philip got my vision and helped me focus it. He was honest when he thought something was necessary and when something was just extra. We booked Philip about 6 months before our wedding, and he responded to us when we asked him questions. He retooled the colors in our flowers to incorporate a patterned table cloth that we chose for our cocktail tables. I desperately wanted to incorporate photos of our guests into our design and Philip along with my Mom created the hippest frame of frames to display them! My Mom ordered chargers for our tables because we couldn’t find the right ones to rent. My Mom intended to paint them, but Philip told her not to worry about doing it because it wouldn’t make a difference.Then on wedding day, we realized that he had sprayed all the chargers the correct color. He was also willing to incorporate a decorative dishtowel into my bridal bouquet because it was the last thing my grandmother gave me before she passed. The bouquets were stunning. Philip has a unique and tasteful eye. His work made me leap with joy at midnight (literally!)when I saw him after the wedding!

Samantha · Married on 03/03/2012

I love that they tell you when prices go up or down, they don't try and charge you a set price even when market is down. I would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Dena · Married on 10/15/2011

If you haven't had Philip do flowers for you, you haven't lived. He and his team are beyond AMAZING. He did all of the consulting for my wedding and every ounce of decor. I didn't pick a flower, table cloth, etc. He did it all and we were blown away. He made the dreams I didn't even know I had come true.

Joan · Married on 07/24/2011

My daughter, who lives in New York, had done her research well before coming home to plan her wedding. She and I met with another floral design / wedding coordinator earlier in the day. We met Phillip at his shop the same evening. After just a few minutes of conversation, he announced, “This is what I was thinking for your wedding…” Does he have ESP, I wondered. Everything he said, based on the few questions he had asked, was exactly what my daughter had envisioned. …Elegant but a little rustic, modern with a nod to family history and traditions. Both Stacey and I left that meeting feeling excited Phillip was the designer for us!

He did not disappoint. The wedding ceremony was held in the Ballroom of the Crocker Museum. The Firehouse Courtyard was the venue for the reception. In fact he exceeded our expectations in every way. We often wondered if his ‘bid’ was too low as he added elements to the over all design. He has a talent for envisioning and executing gorgeous designs. No detail left undone.

Not only that, but he was the first link in putting together a wedding which our guests have said was the most gorgeous, sophisticated and fun wedding they have attended! Because of a prior commitment for a wedding in southern California the day before ours, Phillip was unable to commit to co-coordinating the entire event. Through his suggestions we connected to Lora Ward as our Day-of (who also guided and advised us) and Mary Ann Berry for our Second Photographer. She focused on shots of all the details as well as candid photos at the reception.

Philip has a rare talent for creating a vision. He also has a wonderful personality; great people skills and is a pleasure to know. I can only foresee a great future for him as a young designer!

It has been such a pleasure to meet and work with him. We now feel that he is a friend- if not an adopted member of our family!

marissa · Married on 07/09/2011

Philip at East Sac Florist did all floral decor for our wedding and it was AMAZING and VERY reasonably priced. I think he read my mind and then made my fuzzy ideas eight million times more beautiful. Really, I can't even put my gratitude and astonishment into words.

The altar arrangements at our ceremony were huge (but not too huge) and gorgeous and the centerpieces were just unbelievable. He took a piece from my mom's wedding dress and incorporated it into my bouquet. The final product was truly a work of art and meant so much to my mom. (I wish I could post photos!)

Philip was also VERY easy to work with and sketched out his ideas for us as we planned the pieces. Everything was just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day and I wish my bouquet could last forever!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/22/2013

Philip made our wedding more gorgeous and lush than my husband and I had hoped for, let alone thought we had paid for. We were literally sneaking around the church before the ceremony because we wanted to see what he had done, and both went up to each other saying, "Did you see? Did you see?" I feel like our wedding looked like anything you would see on one of those horrible envy-inducing blogs because Philip takes pride and pleasure in his work, and really went above and beyond what we thought we were getting. He used the space of the room and space in the flowers to increase the overall effect, and we heard from several people that they were going to recreate a few of his simpler ideas at home. I can't wait to see the pictures, because I am sure that we missed many of the details of his work, and wish we had had the time and space to see what he had done without our guests (just for a few minutes), because it was so gorgeous. Even better, we really began to feel like friends while we were meeting with him, because he is so warm and attentive. He made our wedding look truly outstanding, and I could not be more thrilled that we hired him. If you don't have a very firm idea of what you want, and would like to work with a truly creative professional, hire Philip and give him room to do what he does best, and you will wind up with an extraordinary florist whose vision of your wedding is what you wanted but exceeds what you dreamed up.