Earl Christie Photography Reviews

17 Reviews for Earl Christie Photography

1 User photo

Earl Christie Photography 1

Dana · Married on 06/11/2016

I can not say enough about Earl Christie Photography. From the moment I met Earl I knew that he was the photographer for me. I loved the way he communicated with me. When I saw his website, I knew his photographic style was what I was looking for. Earl photographed both my rehearsal dinner and wedding. He was never intrusive but I knew he was there capturing all of the important moments. As both of our parents are still alive I really wanted a lot of family photos. He photographed my crazy family with good humor and he was able to keep everyone organized and happy. At my wedding he made me feel so great. I was confident that I would get beautiful photos. His second shooter Andree, was also wonderful and during the posed photos she actually showed me how to pose in the most flattering way with out people noticing. I really liked that. Earl did our family photos at the wedding quickly but not rushed so that we could enjoy the rest of the party, and he captured the most amazing photos of us with out us knowing it. Earl knew that I have a dog that I love who is 14 years old and is sick. He suggested that I have some photos (in casual clothes) with my dog so that I would have great photos of her and I together before she gets to sick. That really stands out. His kindness, taking a little extra time to do something he did not have to do.
    Earl is the ultimate professional, his photographs are outstanding, he made me feel beautiful, he captured the essence of my wedding, my family and friends loved him and they are all asking for his information for future weddings and parties. I saw a few sneak peek's of the photos and they are off the hook.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Kathryn · Married on 04/28/2013

We feel so grateful to Earl for his wonderful work and for making this part of the day, before and during, not only easy, but fun. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/13/2018
    Earl Christie Photography 2

Abby · Married on 09/15/2012

Earl was fantastic and I couldn't recommend him more! A family friend had told us to consider him when we were doing photographer research. His work stood out to us as being really gorgeous. We were nervous because it felt like a lot of money, but decided that it was worth it. We only met Earl briefly once before the wedding because we live on the west coast and were planning our wedding remotely. We told him what we wanted and walked through the venue with him. Communication leading up to the wedding was easy. We basically just communicated via email and it felt like one aspect of the wedding that I didn't need to worry about. On the day of our wedding, Earl was unobtrusive and very easygoing. He just sort of rolled with it and that's absolutely what we wanted. I honestly didn't even notice him half the time. Also, Earl was also able to get through the group shots very quickly. Our wedding party is still talking about how easy that part was. We ended up with GORGEOUS pictures! I'm really pleased! We ordered a StoryBook wedding album through him as well and are totally in love with what we ended up with.

Sent on 02/15/2013

Michelle · Married on 06/16/2012

We really had a great experience working with Earl Christie for our wedding. My husband is very serious about photography, so he viewed the photographer as perhaps the most important professional we would hire for our wedding day. It was critical to him that we hire someone whose work he respected. He got a few recommendations from a professional photographer friend, and after reviewing their work and style and philosophy, we agreed that Earl was someone whose style and quality matched what we sought.

Earl is very knowledgeable and experienced, but one of the things that impressed me most at our first meeting was his focus on our vision of our wedding day and photos. He didn’t have his own agenda. He wanted to hear what we wanted, so he could capture that for us. He is very detail-oriented, yet easygoing and seemingly unflappable. We left knowing we’d be comfortable working with him.

I was also impressed with the materials he brought to our first meeting. He offers a variety of different photo albums—styles and sizes. It was one thing to look at the information on his website, and another to see and feel the products themselves. This demonstrated the quality of the products Earl provides, and was really helpful for making an informed choice about our wedding album.

On our wedding day, Earl just let the day unfold. I was grateful at how quickly he put us at ease with being the center of attention. When we were doing posed photos, he directed them with precise efficiency. The rest of the time, his presence was almost unnoticed…except when we needed him. Several times, we looked up to wave him over to snap a few shots of something or someone specific during the reception. He always seemed to be aware of where we were and was available to come right over before the moment had passed. He was great.

After reviewing the photos in our digital gallery, my husband’s discerning eye was very pleased with the quality of Earl’s work at our wedding. We are both very happy with our photos! I also love the blog post Earl did of our wedding, which included some favorite photos and some commentary, incorporating both the tender and the fun of our amazing day.

Payment was also a breeze…paid via credit card online, unlike so many vendors requiring cash or checks.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Melissa · Married on 10/08/2011

We were really impressed by Earl. From the first time we met with him, we liked his vision for how to do weddings -- less posed photos, more about shots that capture emotion and small moments. He has a great eye for detail and angles and producing compelling, creative photos.

We planned our wedding from out of town, and Earl was super easy to work with. He was available for meeting in person when we were in Boston, but most importantly, was available via email and phone. I appreciate that he uses an easy online payment systems (he takes credit cards) and has a nice online form for basic planning.

On the wedding day, Earl was prompt and easy-going making the whole day enjoyable. He was present at all the right moments, but never felt in the way. He went out of his way to capture the whole day and night. We couldn't have asked for better service.

We recently got our digital proofs of the photos and are so happy with the variety and quality.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Nikki · Married on 09/24/2011

I knew from the first email I received from Earl that he would be a great photographer for my wedding day but I could never imagine just how much I would LOVE my pictures!! Earl was extremely professional, positive, and quick to respond from the first time I got in touch with him until after my wedding day.

And of course the most important part - the pictures! They are so amazing that I am having the hardest time narrowing down what I would like to put in my album. He is one person, but he was everywhere! There is nothing he missed. The best part of Earl's pictures is that he captured every emotion of the day.

I would definitely suggest using Earl for your big day! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Erin · Married on 08/13/2011

Earl was a real pleasure to work with. Not only did he respond promptly to our emails, but he was very organized with all of the logistics. At the wedding he melted into the crowd-never in the way- and took some incredible photos. He has a wonderfully artistic eye and was able to capture the day just as we'd like to remember it. Thank you Earl!

Sent on 08/28/2011

Ronnie · Married on 02/20/2011

I really can’t say enough great things about Earl. From start to finish he really did an unbelievable job.

My wife and I have a pretty particular eye for photography, and we really wanted to use someone for our wedding that could capture the spontaneous, fun, and vibrant nature of our celebration. After peeking at Earl’s portfolio, we were afraid he would cost way more than we could afford. To our delight, his prices were extremely competitive for someone of his caliber.

Throughout the process he was always easily accessible. No matter how crazed we got before the wedding, he always maintained his professionalism - ready to chime in with a bit of humor and put our concerns to rest.

When the big day arrived, Earl just blended into the crowd. And when we received the photos, they did anything but that. We have hundreds of eye-popping photographs, each one more astonishing than the next. Every time I look at the album, I’m able to relive the outpouring of excitement, love, affection, and joy that I experienced that day.

In my book, he gets a five star, two thumbs up, fist pumping, tear jerking, Earltastic rating.

Sent on 04/12/2011

Lori · Married on 01/15/2011

Earl was such an amazing photographer. He captured not only all of the highlights of the wedding itself, but also the casual expressions of our guests and the environment. Looking through the photos is like being able to relive the wedding day itself. Earl took a ton of photos, but there were so many times we didn't even know he was around. We have gotten a ton of compliments on his work, and the best part is that his personality is such as great as his talent! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a personal touch to their wedding photos!

Sent on 04/07/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 12/19/2009

We interviewed at least six photographers before we chose Earl Christie. We were really excited after seeing photos he'd shot of other events and were convinced he was the right choice after meeting with him. The wedding photos on his website are moving, lush, playful and romantic and really give you a sense of the people he is photographing. We hired him to shoot our daughter's bat mitzvah and were very impressed with his ability to capture the spirit of the event. He is genuinely interested in understanding what you want and does not have a cookie-cutter approach. We were looking for someone who would be able to take the kind of candid photos that would bring you back to the moment they were taken and we have been thrilled with the proofs we recently got. The formal shots also came out beautifully. He was a pleasure to work with and is easy-going but very detailed oriented. We found his pricing to be very competitive and easy to understand. We recommend him without reservation.

Sent on 02/06/2010

Kelly · Married on 10/04/2009

I have nothing but positive things to say about Earl Christie and the job he did for our wedding. From the moment he showed up, Earl was on task and shooting away. He did a great job of capturing all of the important moments, the funny moments and the emotional moments and did so unobtrusively. After way too many hours searching online for a photographer, I'm very happy to have found Earl.

Sent on 10/21/2009

JeeSoo · Married on 09/26/2009

There is not a single negative comment I have to share about Earl Christie. The high quality of his service is on par with his amazing work. His photographic style uniquely captured my wedding day. The story the photos tell is absolutely perfect. Earl works with a calm and fun air about him which made me, the bride, feel wonderfully relaxed. His candid shots are the ones my husband and I love the most because those are the ones with the best storyline!

Sent on 10/13/2009

Mandy · Married on 09/19/2009

Earl photographed our destination wedding in Maine to perfection. His style of shooting was great. He took loads of pictures and never stopped. We have beautiful posed pictures and even more beautiful candid shots. He is a very easy person to talk to and understood what we wanted. Our guests kept telling me all day "your photographer is awesome". We were most impressed when Earl couldn't get the right shot of my husband and I he took off his shoes, rolled up his pants and got in the cold lake untill he was satisfied. I can't say enough how happy we are with our experience!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Sarah · Married on 08/22/2009

Working with Earl was amazing, and we couldn't be happier with both the approach he took to photographing our wedding weekend and with the incredible end product. Unlike other photographers, Earl has a keen sense of how an event is unfolding and by observing the people and their relationships, he knows exactly where to go next for the perfect shot. He is an artist in every sense of the word. Earl must have taken close to 1000 photos of our intimate wedding and not once did I feel that he was intrusive. He is very passionate about his work (but with a great low key, approachable, and flexible demeanor), and his passion comes through in a completely personal and astounding work product. He's a gem!

Sent on 12/11/2009

Suzanne · Married on 08/01/2009

It was truly a pleasure having Earl Christie as our wedding photographer. My husband and I enjoyed our day tremendously and were able to go about our day without feeling pressure to stop and pose repeatedly. Earl was enthusiastic, friendly, and nonintrusive. Soon after our wedding when we were sent a link to all of the wedding photos words can�t express our excitement. Earl had truly captured the joy, excitement and feel of our day. He really seemed to understand what was important to us and how to best capture a moment in a photo. I would 100% recommend Earl Christie photography to any one getting married! He is amazing!

Sent on 11/02/2009

Samantha · Married on 07/12/2008

I cannot speak highly enough about Earl Christie and his work as our wedding photographer. Earl's photographs are incredible-- somehow, he managed to be both invisible and ubiquitous at the same time. We never felt like he was intruding on us, and, for the most part, he just blended into the background, but he managed to capture countless meaningful moments as they happened. We were amazed by the photos he took! From a look my mom and I shared, to the way my husband smiled while dancing with his niece, he got it all on film, and did so in an artistic and beautiful way, that really made our day seem all the more special. I love our wedding album so much that I smile thinking about it being a family heirloom for generations to come. And, for as gifted and inspired an artist as Earl is, he is also a wonderful person to be around. He was receptive to our requests, gave thoughtful insights when we were faced with a decision, and was a calming, joyful presence on a day when we just hoped to be surrounded by people who care about us. If we could marry each other again, we'd be sure to book Earl Christie as our photographer. The sheer number of compliments we've received on his work has been overwhelming, and our families thought he was a delight to be around. Plus, the kids in our family loved that he only took the fewest number of posed shots. We are two very satisfied costumers, and some of Earl's biggest fans!

Sent on 03/02/2009

Jessica · Married on 06/07/2008

The service and quality of work that my husband and I received from Earl Christie was amazing! We are both active duty military, so all the planning was done from out of state. Earl made every effort to meet with me during my short visits to Boston and was very flexible with my schedule. On the wedding day I did not have to worry about anything! He took so many pictures and captured so many great moments on that day. His work was exceptional! The album we ordered was gorgeous, and it was worth every penny. I would be delighted to seek his services again with any major event we may have in the future.

~Jessica Gistarb