Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club Reviews

114 | Farmingdale, NJ

114 Reviews for Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club

Lauren · Married on 06/11/2016

Everything about Eagle Oaks was perfect! Everyone you deal with there are helpful and accommodating, especially Jim ONeill and Ryan (the Maitre D), the food was amazing and you get a lot for your money, the venue is definitely one of the most beautiful in the state of NJ and the level of service you receive on your day is untouchable. Everyone is still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I highly recommend this place and thank you for making my wedding day an experience i will always remember!

Sent on 06/23/2016

Cristal · Married on 05/27/2016

Wonderful event! I couldn't have asked for more. Our guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Sneha · Married on 05/22/2016

If you are reading this review, you are probably considering Eagle Oaks as a venue for your event. The good news is that your search is over. The bad news is that you will feel nostalgic about how incredible the event was for the rest of your life. What makes Eagle Oaks so special? Is it the understated elegance of the rose garden? The gorgeous design of the main ball room? The beautiful view of the golf course from the wraparound porch? Sure, all of those things contributed to our unforgettable wedding night. Our favorite thing about Eagle Oaks was the unparalleled service. The people of Eagle Oaks are truly what makes this venue the best investment of your money. They are reliable, professional, and always in constant communication. Specifically, Jim O’Neill, was our point person throughout the whole wedding process. He made us feel important, validated our concerns, and then acted on solutions without needing any follow up. He never tried to upsell us. In fact, it was the exact opposite: he tried to show us how to spend the money in the wisest way. He helped us navigate the complicated process of filing for a marriage license, finding vendors, and even planning the logistics of the wedding. But that’s what you would expect from any good venue, right? Well, here is why we LOVED Jim… he sensed that we were stressed about wedding planning and then sent us on a dinner date just so we could blow off some steam. Who does that? The answer is, of course, Eagle Oaks. That’s just one example of what makes Jim and the staff at Eagle Oaks a necessary part of your wedding team. Here’s two more examples: Ryan (our maitre’d) and Melissa (our bridal attendant). Ryan is the type of person who simply understands people without the words needing to be said. During the stressful time between the ceremony and reception, Ryan gave us updates on how the guests were doing (completely unprompted and made sure that we were staying hydrated (and a little tipsy)...CONTINUED IN NEXT REVIEW

Sent on 06/17/2016

Sneha · Married on 05/22/2016

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS REVIEW:
    Again, this is what you would expect of any good maitre’d. But this is why we LOVED Ryan: he was so on top of everything during the wedding day, that we didn’t even need a “day of wedding coordinator”. He organized the timeline and coordinated all of the vendors to ensure that the event went off without a single hitch. He did it, of course, without a single conflict. At the end of the day, even other vendors commented on how well Ryan knew the venue and how easy he had made their lives. In one instance, the photographer mentioned how Ryan knew exactly where the best scenery for photos would be. This meant more photos in a shorter amount of time, which translated into more time with our guests! Finally, Melissa (our bridal attendant) treated me like I was the only person in the world during the wedding. She made sure that there was always food on my plate, water and a little tequila nearby, and summoned anybody I needed at any time. This was all with a smile on her face. Of course that’s what you would expect of any good bridal attendant. But Melissa was the BEST. My dorky husband didn’t know how to tie a bowtie. So she promptly found one of the waiters who knew and saved the day!

If there is one thing you need to know about Eagle Oaks, know this… Eagle Oaks delivers exactly what you expect from them, but the special thing about this place is that EXCEED expectations without you even having to ask. Do yourself a favor and call Jim. You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Diana · Married on 05/21/2016

I had my dream wedding at Eagle Oaks! The day was absolutely perfect. I worked with Helena throughout the planning process and Ryan on the wedding day. Both were professional and personable. They are very organized at Eagle Oaks and the wedding day was impeccably smooth. They worked well with all my vendors and the food there is excellent! Melissa was my attendant and she even brought a platter of food out to me and my groom while we were taking pictures on the golf course. The grounds, ballroom, suites, and bathrooms are beautiful. The attention to detail and trained staff speaks volumes. I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 05/31/2016
  • O

Olga · Married on 04/16/2016

The best!! We had a 200 guest weddding. Jim and Ryan worked with us, and they were incredibly professional, kind, understanding and flexible. Jim was responsive from the first day in helping us book the day, make timely payments and accomodate any additional requests. Ryan was the maitre d on the wedding day, and we cannot say enough positive things about him. Mainly he kept his cool when things were getting very emotional and busy. Our wedding went without a hitch and it's largly due to the efforts of these two and their staff. Thank you!

Sent on 05/04/2016

I had my bridal shower at Eagle Oaks and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Helena is an absolute pleasure to work with. The day was truly spectacular. We had a beautiful room, incredible food, and amazing service. I would recommend this venue a million times over!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Abby · Married on 12/05/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Eagle Oaks. From the people and service to the decor and food, they know how to pull of a top notch event. Jim was so easy to work with throughout the entire planning process. He was incredibly responsive and made sure we got everything we wanted (including a French Fry bar at cocktail hour!). Ryan perfectly executed the timeline for the day, coordinated with all the vendors and was an absolute pleasure to work with. Melissa was a sweetheart and made sure we had everything we needed. We didn't have to worry for one second about anything. Every detail was taken care of by the Eagle Oaks team so we could enjoy our special day. Thank you to everyone at Eagle Oaks for making our wedding day perfect.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Lori · Married on 11/13/2015

Eagle Oaks was the most wonderful place for my wedding. Jim was so patient and kind with me and my family as we planned my wedding, and was always trying to get us the best deal or find a way to give us more. The venue is absolutely stunning, and the food is beyond amazing. Get the Chilean Sea Bass with Miso Glaze and Filet Mignon duet option for your entree-- we have had guests raving and complimenting it since the wedding. Everything went off without a hitch and we were so pleased with everything. Definitely upgrade to the Viennese Hour!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Donna · Married on 09/12/2015

Amazing wonderful the best day of my life. Wouldn't change a thing

Sent on 09/27/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2015

Jim, Ryan and the staff at Eagle Oaks were beyond helpful and accommodating to us throughout our entire year of planning. They are really on top of their game when it comes to setting up and running a wedding right. Anything that we wanted, they made sure they got for us; including White Castle burgers for our after party. We couldn't have asked for better people to work with throughout this year. Not to mention the venue and food were fantastic (our guests raved about it). We looked at so many different places, some equally as beautiful as EO, but the service that was provided to us here was unbeatable.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Samantha · Married on 05/24/2015

Picking a venue when planning our wedding was one of the most important things to us. My husband and I were in a pretty unique situation while planning ours…we're both in the wedding entertainment business and we've both performed at MANY, if not most of the wedding venues in NJ. We knew we wanted a place that was classy, had great food, great service, and big enough to fit our two big Italian families :) Eagle Oaks delivered on all fronts ten fold and coincidentally, a venue that neither of us were ever at before. From our first visit we fell in love with the place! What a stunning venue and the service and food are second to none. What we were even more impressed with, though, was our event coordinator Jim. He made us feel like we were the only wedding on his calendar that he cared about and we can't thank him enough for all of the things he helped us with in putting our wedding together. Thank you for making our wedding day perfect. <3

Sent on 06/09/2015

Lesley · Married on 12/31/2014

We loved our experience with Eagle Oaks. The ceremony, cocktail hour, food and service were excellent. Our friends and family raved about our wedding. Jim was a pleasure to deal with. our florist even dropped the ball on a few things and their team jumped right in and didn't even tell me about it. I saw them moving some of the things the florist was supposed to take care of and they downplayed it and just kept it moving. Complete class and I cannot recommend them enough. I have been to 6 weddings since we had ours and no ones venue took care of them the way eagle oaks took care of us. The only disappointment we had was that our place card table looked a little disheveled (in their defense we didn't have normal place cards) and our personalized valet hangers were not put in our guests cars. In the grand scheme of things this was not a big deal and who knows what was going on behind the scenes. In my opinion you do not need a wedding planner if you use this venue, they take care of everything for you.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful, the food and cake were amazing, and we feel very blessed that we were able to have our reception here! Everyone is still talking about our wedding! Jim O'Neil was great and worked with us for over a year. Ed was great also and made the night go so smoothly, we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Kristin · Married on 11/28/2014

Eagle Oaks is an amazing venue. Besides it being stunningly beautiful, the staff is absolutely amazing. Would recommend this venue to everyone I know for any type of event.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Jamie · Married on 11/02/2014

Overall experience was exceptional. Entire staff went above and beyond our expectations. We would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/15/2014

My husband and I got married at Eagle Oaks in early November and had the most unforgettable time! From the planning and coordination to the ceremony and celebrations, the venue was incredible and the attention to detail was unbelievable. There isn't a single thing I could complain about - the venue has perfected the art of throwing events, and both Jim and Ed were incredible to work with. Thanks again!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/25/2014

The venue is gorgeous and the staff provides fantastic service. Jim, the manager, is truly invested in making your day special. He really made the whole process smooth as possible.

Sent on 11/09/2014

From our first meeting with Jim O'Neil we knew that Eagle Oaks CC and his team were going to be able to provide exactly what we wanted for our daughter's wedding. Jim was incredibly accessible and a pleasure to work with. He paid careful attention to every element of the celebration, both large and small, to ensure we were completely satisfied. This ranged from such issues as the special dietary needs of some of our guests, as well as some of the needs of our elderly relatives. On the night of wedding, Ed greeted us and patiently walked us through the entire event, making sure that everything we planned in the prior months was perfectly executed. And, on the night of the event, he even added a few extra details which we had not even known about which just added an extra flair to what was a night to remember.

Sent on 12/25/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 10/24/2014

Everything was wonderful! I couldn't be happier with my wedding at Eagle Oaks. The venue is beautiful and Helena and Ed made sure the event ran smoothly.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Elyse · Married on 10/12/2014

Our 10-12-14 wedding was amazing. Helena and Ed both worked very hard to make everything perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thanks!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Toni · Married on 10/11/2014

Jim O'Neill and Ed. There are not enough words to describe how perfect they made our wedding on 10.11.14. In the months leading up to the event, I was stress-free thanks to them. Our guests kept telling us that it was one of (if not THE) best wedding they've ever been to. One guest remarked that he felt as if he was at the White House...THAT'S how fantastic the service and ambiance is. The food, service and overall attitude of everyone at Eagle Oaks is impeccable. I cannot think of one thing we would've changed. If we could dream it, Ed and Jim would make it happen.

Sent on 10/16/2014

Eagle oaks provided the most accommodating, personable and memorable venue for our wedding. Helena made the entire planning process stress free and easy. We couldn't have picked a more elegant, classy event place. The night of our wedding was run by Ed so smoothly. He was always checking on us and making sure we had the best night. We were so happy with our choice of eagle oaks and haven't stop hearing compliments from all of our guests.

Sent on 10/30/2014

This venue is exceptional. We held my in-laws' 50th anniversary party here two months ago and people are still raving about it. Jim is without question one of the most professional, knowledgeable, and responsive people with which I have ever dealt. The décor is elegant and timeless; the grounds and outdoor balconies are beautiful; and the food and drinks are beyond par. My 85 year-old Italian uncle who eats out every night said it was some of the best food he has ever had. It is not inexpensive, but if you are looking for a venue in this price range the value is incomparable.

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 10/04/2014

Our wedding experience at Eagle Oaks Golf & Country Club was beyond exceptional. Event Manager Helena guided us through the entire process with ease, was understanding and helpful, and couldn't have made our wedding any better! Our maître d' Ed made the entire weekend a breeze. From the Friday night Rehearsal Dinner to the outdoor Ceremony to the Reception, to the Sunday Post-Wedding Brunch, every aspect was superb. We stayed in the Southern Colonial-inspired Savannah House Guest Suites on the country club grounds, which was extremely convenient, especially when getting ready the morning of the wedding. The sunset proved as a beautiful backdrop for our photographers, as did the chandeliers and tapestries in the ballroom, and the Rose Garden for the Ceremony. The entire Eagle Oaks staff went above and beyond to make our big day perfect, and our guests were treated like royalty. We could not be happier and recommend Eagle Oaks to any couple looking for a memorable, magical wedding experience.

**We looked at several venues in Monmouth and Ocean Counties, and Eagle Oaks won our first choice for several reasons:
    1. NOT a "wedding factory"-- we were the only event happening, and did not have to worry about hiring security to ensure that no unwanted guests would join our reception.
    2. The food is OUTSTANDING. Our guests are still talking about it. Right down to the cake.
    3. Sophistication: We were extremely turned off by other venues whose decor catered more to Sweet 16's and Bat Mitzvahs rather than Weddings. We loved the classic, patriotic decor Eagle Oaks boasts, especially the American flags and elegant, stunning chandeliers & tapestries.
    4. We could stay on-site. As the bride, I was able to enjoy the Bridal Suite at the Savannah House the night before the wedding, then got ready with my bridal party there the entire day. Incredibly convenient. We gave the other 3 suites to our wedding party who had traveled from Alaska and Washington, D.C. to ease travel woes.

Sent on 02/23/2015