E. P. Anderson Photography Reviews

E. P. Anderson Photography 5
E. P. Anderson Photography 6
E. P. Anderson Photography 7

Kelli · event on 01/22/2014

My husband and I booked Elliott to snap a few maternity photos while on vacation in Vieques in January. I had done some quick research on photographers in the area, and when I came across E.P. Anderson's blog and portfolio, I knew my search had ended. I reached out to Elliott and although we were only about 3-4 weeks out from my requested date he worked with me on timing and budget. I sent a few ideas of what I had in mind for photos and the vibe my husband and I were trying to capture, and honestly I couldn't have been more happy with the results.

We were blessed with beautiful weather which is half of the battle, but Elliott's photos were stunning. An added bonus - his wife Jillian accompanied us on the shoot and she added even more photo ideas, kindness and comfort. They were both so sweet and fun to work with and they captured my vision exactly.

Additionally, Elliott was super-quick in getting the DVD of photos to us. Should anyone be looking for a photographer in the area, my husband and I highly recommend E.P. Anderson. Their quality is incomparable and they're such a pleasure to work with, to boot!

Sent on 02/05/2014

michelle · Married on 10/25/2013

The photographer is a true professional. I had never been to Vieques so his wife and him really recommended and referred and helped with everything. They couldn't have more accommodating and friendly. They both have such a pleasant, laid back vibe and really listened to me and got the feel of exactly what my husband and I wanted with the pictures! Pictures came back to me promptly when promised and I'm so excited that I went with E.P! I really can't tell you how many compliments I got on the pictures! Truly amazing!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Steve · Married on 09/07/2013

For our Honeymoon on Vieques, I wanted to give Emilee a gift that she could keep forever, and would capture our memories on the most amazing island we've ever seen. We contacted E.P. Anderson after looking at some of their previous work. Since they live on the island, we expected they would know some of the most ideal places to capture in photographs. we were so right! Elliot and Jillian are extremely friendly and fun to work with. They toured us around the island for a full afternoon and evening of exploring, playing around, and just having a good time. For the first stop, we hiked to some 200-year old ruins of an old sugar mill that has since been reclaimed by the jungle. After that, we spent some time at an old church on the beach, that really captures the character of the island. We found a herd of wild horses and spend some time watching them and walking alongside. Finally we enjoyed a fantastic sunset at a secret beach with one of the most gorgeous views we've seen. After all the photos were done, we went out for dinner with Elliot and Jillian, and had a great time talking and laughing with them while looking through some of our pictures. We had some last minute travel changes, and told them that we would be leaving the island 2 days after that. They asked us to meet them for dinner the following night, and they surprised us with the CD of all of our pictures, fully edited and everything! Fastest turnaround I've ever seen.

We can't wait to go back to Vieques as soon as possible, and we hope to spend some time with the Andersons when we do.

Sent on 09/29/2013
  • Jenny Tusa

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2013

My husband and I had our wedding on Vieques island. We arrived on a Monday and had our wedding two days later on Wednesday. Elliott was very accommodating and agreed to photograph our event with very short notice. He graciously arrived early to make sure every detail was captured. The ceremony was beautifully set on the beach. As I approached the alter the sky opened up and what seemed to be a monsoon came sweeping through. It was almost comical and we continue the ceremony in the rain. Elliott got some wonderful shots during that time. You could tell he was loving every minute of it. We decided we were already soaked so it would be fitting to run right into the ocean. It was amazing and Elliott got some wonderful candid shots off us just having fun. I have had endless compliments on the photos and on Elliotts artistic style.

Elliott we would like to personally thank you for your patience and willingness to overcome the obstacles we were faced with on that day. While our plans were certainly changed by Mother nature, we never could have captured the moments without your perseverance and professionalism. Your desire to continue on with the photographs encouraged us to be more playful despite the unfavorable weather conditions. We can never Thank you enough for the memories.

William and Jennifer Tusa

Sent on 07/24/2013

Elliot and Jillian were amazing, we highly recommend them to anyone doing an island wedding! All of our communication before the wedding with Jillian was smooth and professional. We knew exactly what we were getting and they delivered. I wish she could have coordinated our whole wedding. We were running a bit behind schedule on the wedding day, they were very flexible to and even managed to get us back on track! They collected our photography preferences a few weeks before the wedding and they really listened. The final photos are beautiful and exactly the style we wanted! Both Elliot and Jillian were there for the first half of the pictures, and Elliot stayed through the reception to finish up. He took so many gorgeous photos and really captured the ambiance. We were really excited about the final photo which was this amazing night shot with us lit up under the all the stars. You can clearly see the milky way, its great!

Sent on 09/11/2015

Jasmine · Married on 04/25/2015

We chose E.P. Anderson to shoot our wedding after looking and researching for months. It is not easy finding good vendors on a tropical island. Elliot and Jillian were truly a breath of fresh air after dealing with some other vendors who took weeks to respond. They responded quickly to any questions or concerns I had. They both were so easy to work with and had great ideas.. We ended up going to Puerto Rico to do our engagement shoot, and had them shoot our welcome dinner and wedding. They are a wonderful husband and wife team, professional and prompt. I absolutely loved our photos! They truly captured every special moment of our wedding weekend. Thank you so much Elliot and Jillian!

Lots of love,

Tommy and Jasmine

Sent on 10/02/2016

Corinne · Married on 12/13/2014

Jillian and Elliott from E.P. Anderson Photography are the best! From the minute I spoke with Jillian on the phone, I knew they were the perfect choice for our wedding in Vieques. I was looking for a photographer that went beyond the typical posed shots, to truly capture the moments from our special day. They did not disappoint! The photos and video they captured were breath taking! On the day of the wedding they helped me to relax while I was getting ready, as I was a bit nervous. However, you would never tell from the photos, as they always had me laughing. On top of that, they created our photography blog posting in less than a week after the wedding day and we received the DVDs in a month. I truly can’t say enough good things about them. They are fun, flexible, and very professional! I would highly recommend them to anyone. Everyone is still saying how wonderful everything turned out (and the video has brought many people to tears)!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Margaux · Married on 05/16/2018

We booked E. P. Anderson for our May 2018 wedding about a year in advance; Jillian spoke on the phone with us about the different options and packages, and helped us select the best one for our event. A few months later, the hurricanes hit—and we didn't know whether our planned wedding on Vieques was going to happen or not. Jillian was very responsive (despite everything they were dealing with) and, once hurricane recovery was in full swing and we decided to stick with our original plan, she even sent us lists of reopened accommodations and restaurants so we could help our families plan their travel.

What really, truly, blew us away was the photoshoot itself and of course the finished product. Neither my husband nor I are very comfortable in front of a camera, but Elliott was the perfect blend of casual and professional—making small talk, giving directions and adjustments, and even sprinting back and forth around us to get the best shot. We had our long couples photoshoot before meeting our families at the venue; right before the ceremony, my sister-in-law commented that she didn't know how I could be so calm. I honestly believe it was the time we spent working with Elliott—he made us feel so comfortable and relaxed!

We could not be happier with the finished photos. There are SO MANY, and we had a blast scrolling through them. As you might expect from people not comfortable in front of a camera, we don't have a lot of photos of ourselves hanging up in the house, but that's definitely going to change!

Highest recommendations. If you're getting married on Vieques (or anywhere in Puerto Rico), you can't go wrong by booking E. P. Anderson.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Anjali · event on 03/18/2014

Very fun photographers to work with-excellent photos

Sent on 04/08/2014

Jocelyn · Married on 06/27/2015

3.5

My wife and I were really impressed with the pictures we received from our big day. Our stubborn family members stood in the way of some of the shots, but overall the team captured the most important parts of the event. You can definitely feel the fantastic energy of the party. They made us feel comfortable and look natural. My wife looks like a movie star in some of the solo shots! The crew always responded to our requests in a timely manner and provided us all the information up front. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Charlene · Married on 06/23/2016

4.2

We received a lot of really good photographs from E.P Anderson Photography and would recommend.
    As a bride it is always difficult to satisfy 100%, however I thought they were: Very professional , Had an easy to use website and payment facility, Email communication was easy and they responded quickly. Lastly, the touch ups were really nicely done! The photos looked like out of a magazine!

In terms of advice for other couples:
    - Create a timeline for the photographer so that they know where to be when and with who (we did this)
    - have a list of photos/poses that you would like taken and maybe even some examples of photos
    - Send the list to the photographers in advance so that they have an idea of what you would like ( we did this)
    - On the day of the wedding I was so busy with everything that I totally blanked on what I wanted, so make sure that someone on your team knows or has the lists and is ready to say something

The photographer did a great job giving the guys some ideas and poses which was helpful and we got some really good pictures of the guys. He is also familiar with the property where we did the wedding and knew of nice areas on the property to do some photos. Note that he works alone so i would recommend having someone else from your team (bridesmaid, mother, etc.) to ensure that hair or dress or the small things are in place as its hard to catch everything.

We were not able to discuss in advance how the day would go with the photographer, and I did not think to ask. I would recommend meeting with the photographer in person before the wedding to go through the pictures you want. I think it would have made an already hectic day a bit more calm by helping you and the photographer to be on the same page.

Overall we were happy with the results and would definitely recommend E.P. Anderson Photography especially if you are having your wedding in Vieques. They really know the area and know where the good spots are.

Sent on 10/01/2016