DV Entertainment Reviews

7 | Charlottesville, VA

7 Reviews for DV Entertainment

• Laura

Laura · Married on 06/24/2017

We feel SO lucky to have had David DJ our June 2017 wedding reception & cocktail hour. We wanted to feel comfortable with the person who would be having a big influence on the flow of our reception, and David was so accommodating that he even met us before we made our decision. It was extremely easy to communicate with David via email & even FaceTime closer to the wedding. I feared having a DJ with a cheesy voice/stage presence and that was definitely NOT David!! He has such a natural presence and we received numerous compliments from our guests about him & his services! David incorporated everything we asked for and nailed our preferences, even down to the music played during dinner (which we did not specify). We are glad we utilized his "Club Wed" package as it allowed him to actually mix music during the reception, which added to the overall experience! We wanted our reception to feel like a party & it truly did, with David's help! David certainly has our vote & we would recommend him to anyone! I just wish we had another reason to use his services again soon! :)

Sent on 08/15/2017

DV Entertainment's reply:

Aww. thank you guys so much for all the kind words! I had a blast and can't thank you enough for letting me be apart of your wedding day. I'm sure we can just throw a party just because right? :-) Thank you again, a million times. ~ David

Jonathan · Married on 05/27/2017

We chose David as our wedding MC / DJ could not be happier with his services! Super easy to work with, very responsive. Equipment was great, including the lighting. Did everything we asked and more. One minor suggestion would be to use a small lapel mic for the wedding ceremony rather than an ear set mic. Honestly though between our venue and our vendors and the weather everything on our day was perfect! Thanks David

Sent on 07/05/2017

DV Entertainment's reply:

Hey Jonathan. Thanks so much for the kind words! I had a blast DJing your wedding so thanks for including me. Thanks for the feedback as well on the lapel mic, that is crazy helpful. Congrats again!

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

David did an amazing job at our wedding last week! The up lighting and lights for dancing were amazing and his DJ skills are fantastic. He played everything we wanted and no one was disappointed in his music choices. Highly recommended for a professional DJ!

Sent on 05/30/2016

DV Entertainment's reply:

Hey Jessica, I had a great time with you and Thomas as well! What a wonderful wedding and talk about the views up top of Center in the Square in Roanoke. Thanks again!

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2015

DV Entertainment was awesome, we had a NYE wedding and needed someone who could keep the party going all night. They did an excellent job!

Sent on 03/08/2016

DV Entertainment's reply:

Hey Ashley. OMG, what better way to spend NYE, right?! I had a blast and can't thank you enough for choosing and trusting me with DJing and providing lighting for your New Years wedding day.

Meredith · Married on 09/05/2015

David did an AWESOME job at our wedding. He provided uplighting and DJed our reception and I could not have been more pleased. He was extremely prompt and easy to work with leading up to the big day and on our wedding day itself, he was completely professional and made the entire night flow seamlessly. He is great on the mic- will be as present or passive as you want him to be. He is also great with dealing with guests, etc- handling requests and sticking to what the bride and groom want. Our dance floor was packed the entire night- he really knows how to keep everyone out there. I would definitely recommend his DJ and lighting services to everyone! Awesome vendor!

Sent on 10/06/2015

DV Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much Meredith to the kind words! You can Stu were the best and House Mountain Inn is amazing. Couldn't have picked a more perfect location and perfect day for such a wonderful couple. Cheers!!!
  • User3344374 · 1+ year ago

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

I thought David would be a good match for our wedding. There is no doubting that he is nice and charismatic, however, during and after my wedding, that changed. Accountability needed to be taken for his mistakes during my wedding that weren't despite the clear evidence that was given.
    I truly think David is capable of providing great service, but I did not receive it. I truly believe he was simply overwhelmed and forgot a few important elements. My only advice to anyone booking service is to make sure you go over ever single detail possible the day before the wedding. If you are being told they will handle something, you should probably take the initiative or have a back up plan because it won't get completed.

Sent on 01/19/2018

DV Entertainment's reply:

Dear Danielle & Ben, Thank you for your candid review. We’re very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in the end. Though we did try our best to address each of your concerns last year, there are often many variables completely out of our control that may cause you to be left unsatisfied. We fully respect clients’ opinions and reviews of our services and we know that we cannot always get 5 stars; that said, if you have any other concerns, please don’t hesitate to email David directly or call our office during business hours and we’ll be happy to discuss your concerns again.

Spencer · Married on 10/03/2015

2.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0

We were planning an outdoor ceremony and reception. But earlier in our wedding week, a hurricane decided to ravage the east coast, resulting in unseasonably low temperatures and rain. Two days before our wedding, we had to entirely change gears and switch to an indoor wedding venue, which was very chaotic for everyone. David was very helpful for us throughout these changes, as my husband was in frequent contact with him to keep him informed. We were able to last minute add a lighting package, which we would not have needed outside. The ceremony time comes, and we need David to play the music (we wouldn't have needed his services for outdoor ceremony, but again, last minute change to indoor). About 15 minutes before I am to walk down the aisle, David demanded an extra $100 to play 3 songs for the ceremony, as he was not contracted for this work (which, yes, he was not, but he knew we had many last minute changes to our plans). We had contracted his DJ services until 11 pm, which David had forgotten and thought he was done at 10 pm. So during the reception, I had to pull out my email on my phone to show him our correspondence adding an additional hour. At some point throughout the night, he also demanded another $100 for some reason (my dad told me this later), which we of course paid. Ultimately, the music choices were good and everyone was dancing and having a good time, but David acted less than professional throughout the whole evening. We would have been happy to pay more for additional services, but it was not handled properly on his part.

Sent on 01/25/2017

DV Entertainment's reply:

I can’t express how deeply sorry I am that we did not meet your full expectations. We respect earnest reviews as it helps us improve the overall experience we offer clients. Given that it has been around 15 months since your wedding, some details are hard to recall, but I will do my best to address your concerns. Your review suggests that you and your guests enjoyed our lighting and my DJ performance. It just seems a few issues related to contracting & additional fees for last minute needs may have tarnished your overall satisfaction. For example, as our contract stands, extra time added on the day of the event is $75 per half-hour. There is typically a different rate for ceremony support, since it was done on the spot, I only charged $100 for this additional 1-hr block time. That said, given the change of venue locations, I should have inquired whether ceremony sound support was then needed. This was absolutely an oversight on my part. We typically update contracts with all additional services/time, then scan it so that we can access the digital files at events. I don’t recall forgetting about the change of end time from 10pm to 11pm, but it’s very possible that I was looking at an outdated contract. As far as demanding an additional $100, I can absolutely say that kind of demeanor conflicts with my character as a professional. If I had forgotten about the additional time added to the contract and suggested an added fee, that was resolved when we clarified the contract terms (according to my memory and my records). Again, we’re sorry for the confusion related to this as well. I fully respect clients’ opinions and reviews of our services and we knows that we cannot always get 5 stars; however, we wish you would have contacted us immediately following your wedding day so we could have possibly found a way to correct our shortcomings. That said, if you have any other concerns, please feel free to email us directly and discuss it with us.