Dutcher Photography Reviews

Dutcher Photography 5
Dutcher Photography 6
Dutcher Photography 7

Naomi and Josh · Married on 08/04/2013

It can be nerve wracking when you are trying to decide on a wedding photographer, but if you pick Dutcher you can rest easy because they are AMAZING.

Dutcher Photography was way more than just a photography vendor. Not only did they provide hundreds of breathtaking photos, they also really helped us think about the timeline and logistics of our big day. Sam was very professional at our first meeting, and she made us feel confident that we would be highly satisfied. The day of the wedding Sam and Rob were really fun to work with, and I think we really meshed well.

The photos speak for themselves. People made comments like "I thought that was an ad at first, and then I realized it was you!" We have a lot of pristine, intimate images that really highlighted and captured moments of the day.

On top of all this, they were very flexible and were willing to work with our budget.

A+++++++++

Sent on 09/22/2013

Erin · Married on 05/12/2013

I think after the craziness of a wedding ceremony is over, the testament of a highly skilled photographer is someone who captured all the moments that your bridal brain was too overwhelmed to fully take in, in a way that preserves the authentic, ethereal nature of the day, and leaves you smiling and laughing at everything that occurred.

When the photos came back I was blown away at how many intimate moments Samantha captured of myself and my husband, as well as the rest of our wedding party. We had a small 50 person reception, and while we had a few posed photos taken, some of my most favourite from the day are the candid, reportage style photos that really captured beautiful authentic moments that I was frankly too tired to focus on or remember in their full glory. Samantha was present and moved through the reception deftly, and yet half the photos I simply don't remember her taking, which means the images she captured are full of emotion and love and lacking the self-consciousness I was worried would come across on camera with myself and some of my extremely photo shy guests.

During the ceremony she gracefully and intelligently handled our beautiful but less than ideally shaped venue, and the photos of the vows and ceremony are some of the most touching and elegant pictures I have ever seen of my husband and myself.

After sharing the photography with friends and family, everyone we spoke with was amazed at how fantastic the images were and they all commented on the fact that the pictures truly did capture the essence of the day and all the little details that make a wedding so ethereal and special.

Sent on 07/28/2013

marie · Married on 04/28/2013

Samantha takes away the anxiety of getting your photo taken. She captures the joy and light in every moment. Dutcher Photography is who you choose when you want to freeze love in space.

Sent on 05/09/2013

Susan · Married on 08/18/2012

We are so glad that we hired Dutcher Photography to take our wedding photos. We had high expectations based on seeing their work, but they far exceeded them. When you look at portfolios online, you can get a sense of a photographer’s best work, but you don’t know how consistently well they will capture all of the moments that occur throughout the event. Rob and Sam provided us with hundreds of shockingly good shots, all of which were carefully post processed. Getting the photos felt like Christmas, and it took us a couple of hours just to look through them all. They took some of the best pictures I’ve ever seen of some of my family and friends, and there are now lots of new Facebook profile picture changes in my family as a result.

Rob and Sam were very professional to deal with, and very upbeat and cheerful. (I’ve been to weddings where the photographers look like the only two unhappy people in the place). They’ve clearly done this many times, and they work with you to make sure they get all the shots you want. At the same time, they never stop the “show.” There are dozens of amazing pictures that they had taken where I have no memory of seeing them and no idea how they got them. And we presented them with some challenging lighting conditions too. Rob and Sam frame posed shots wonderfully, but where they really excel and really distinguish themselves are the candid pictures. I like to think I do enough amateur photography that it makes me appreciate how good they are.

I can’t recommend them highly enough. You will be dealing with professionals. Rob and Sam will help to diffuse the stress of your wedding day (not add to it), and you will get stellar photos that perfectly complement the sweet memories.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Beth · Married on 05/19/2012

Sam took the photos for our small wedding (~40 guests), and the results are fantastic. We were expecting great pictures of our marriage, but these photos go beyond capturing the event; they capture expressions, mood, and little details that we had missed. They're clearly the work of a very talented artist.

Not only that, but Sam was on top of things, happy to listen to our suggestions, and also had suggestions for a couple like us who hadn't planned our photos out much in advance. She was never bossy or in the way, but genuinely pleasant to have around. Our guests commented too on how friendly she was.

All in all, exactly what we were looking for and highly recommended.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2011

Dutcher Photography absolutely blew us away!! Not only were they the definition of professional, but they consistently went above and beyond any expectations we had. Our wedding day was certainly memorable, however, Rob and Sam took it to another level with the images they captured throughout the event. We are so blessed to be able to extend the memories of our special day through the priceless and artistic prints that Dutcher Photography has given us. Without a doubt, we reccommend their business to anyone and everyone. By choosing Dutcher Photography you are sure to experience a valuable and rare connection that will only enhance your memorable day.....not to mention the finished product, which will always speak louder than any words. Go see for yourself!! www.robandsamphoto.com

Sent on 09/29/2011

Jill · Married on 08/13/2011

We absolutely LOVED working with Rob and Sam and we definitely loved their work! The pictures are all gorgeous, they were fun and easy to work with. They were extremely helpful along the way and also had creative ideas at the wedding for awesome pictures. I couldn't be more happy with how the pictures turned out!

Sent on 09/15/2011

Virginia · Married on 04/30/2011

Dutcher photography did an amazing job with our wedding. They captured wonderful candid shots that are absolutely priceless! They also did amazing still lifes of little details of our wedding. Their personalities made them a joy to work with. They were very patient with my nieces and even let the them take a few pictures using their equipment!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Paul & Kari · Married on 11/13/2010

We were definitely happy with our experience overall. Rob and Sam were easy to work with, professional, willing to work with us on minor changes to the contract, and very fast. We had our photos much sooner than we ever would have guessed.

If anything was a weakness it was their portrait style work. Those shots came out well, but not great. In some ways you can only do so much with that type of shot. However, there were some shots where we wish they would have noticed a crooked tie/inconsistent pose/etc. Nothing major, just details that we wish had been caught.

On the other hand, many of the more candid shots are excellent. They caught lots of moments that would have been easy to miss, including lots that we might never have known about because we were so busy getting married. Those shots may not be the ones we print for a "grandma's wall" type use, but they are the ones we enjoy ourselves.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Suzanne · Married on 08/13/2010

We may have been married on Friday the 13th, but we couldn't have been more lucky with our choice of photographers! Rob and Sam were recommended to us by friends, and we have since recommended them to other friends. The Dutcher's are very professional, but also very creative with their work. It was great to have two photographers with us on our wedding day because they were able to capture so many small details that we may have otherwise missed. We received our finished photos very quickly and are so delighted every time we look at our album.

Sent on 03/30/2011

Keith · Married on 07/31/2010

Rob and Sam were perfect. They were really easy to work with, they were subtle as they worked, their vision is professional and artistic, and they were flexible with style and arrangements. Ultimately, it all comes down to whether the photos are worth it: we have an amazing album that captures the people, the emotions, the jokes, and all of the little details that made our wedding what it was. I can't offer a more whole-hearted and satisfied recommendation .

Sent on 08/10/2010

Elisa · Married on 06/05/2010

We could not be more pleased with the Sam and Rob's photography of our wedding! They were incredibly warm and professional, paying attention to important details during the planning stages that we had not even thought about. They were very flexible and helpful setting up times to get together to go over a contract and make plans. Because they didn't know our venue, they even came to our rehearsal to get a layout of the stage and the lighting!

On our wedding day, they knew what to do, and moved purposefully and subtly to get excellent shots without distraction. We LOVED how our pictures turned out-lots of great editing and some fun effects, while still having classic shots too. Sam is almost giddy about how much she enjoys editing and making the photos perfect. You can really tell that they both love what they do, and love doing it at their best. Their price is unbeatable-for the amount of time they are there, the number of shots they get in, the quality of the shots, and the fact that there are 2 of them.

A very experienced and talented pair, they both bring different strengths to the table to make a great team. And, they are just really fun people to relate with and be around! We've recommended them to all our friends.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Jodie · Married on 10/24/2009

Sam and Rob are the Dynamic Duo! The fact that there are two of them ensures that nothing is missed. It was really great to have a photographer with both the bride and the groom while they're getting ready.

The quality of the photographs is superb. They have a beautiful and unique way of capturing the events of the day. Each of them has their own photography style which leads to more variety in the final shots.

They offer their services at a great price. First of all, you get two for one, and that means double the photos for the same price. They also give you a DVD of the photos. There are no hidden costs. You don't have to buy the DVD or pay for the prints you want. Aside from selling the prints, you are basically the owner of them.

I'm so glad that I had Sam and Rob there to capture my/our wedding day! Thanks to those who recommended them to us!!

Sent on 11/05/2009

Catherine · Married on 09/26/2009

I was super impressed with everything these guys did!!!

Sent on 10/15/2009

Natalie · Married on 07/15/2009

Sam and Rob are excellent! The photos are of exceptional quality. Photography was what I spent most of the budget for my wedding on and I do not regret it. Thanks to Sam and Rob I have great photos which will last me a lifetime. They were great working with my husband and I and our wedding party as well as our guests. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. They are highly professional and very willing to work with you to ensure you get the photos of your dreams.

Sent on 08/14/2009

Kristin · Married on 10/11/2008

Rob and Sam had our pictures ready to show us when we returned from our Honeymoon. Reliving the wedding through their photographs was an amazing experience. They captured so many little things that allowed us both be a part of everything again.

I would recommend Dutcher Photography to anyone that wants amazing candid shots that capture the magic of the event and two professionals who have an astounding attention to detail. For example- I made individual cards for each of our guests that featured an original drawing of them. I didn't get to see anyone's initial reaction, but as my husband and I waited to enter the reception I could hear the laughter of our guests as they opened the cards. Rob and Sam got a photo of every single person with their card, and it made for a fantastic photo set of every guest at our wedding.

I recommend Dutcher Photography to all my friends. I will definitely call them up when we need another portrait session in the future!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Susannah · Married on 10/11/2008

(Note: I was a guest, and therefore I'm not sure how much their services cost. But I'll take the bride's word for it.)

As a guest at a friend's wedding, I was really impressed with Rob and Sam. Especially in such a small wedding (~30 people), there's a risk of the photographer getting in the way. Not only did they not get in the way, they were so friendly that I welcomed their presence as fellow guests. And the photos... stunning. Whether the posed or candid, Rob and Sam's photos capture the essence of who James and Kristin really are. There were even some photos that made me wonder how they timed them so perfectly. I could never capture the spark of a sunset not only at the perfect moment but as a bright light at the spot of a kiss. It would be cheesy if it weren't for how genuine the moment really was.

There's nothing fake, set-up or posed about the photos that Rob and Sam do, but they're some of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Isn't that what you want on your wedding day? No worries; just something unexpectedly perfect.

Sent on 10/17/2009

Shana · Married on 09/20/2008

Sam & Rob did an excellent job! The pictures were beautiful. They were both behind the camera, so nothing was missed. Two is definitely better than one! I would recommend them without a doubt.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Joan · Married on 06/09/2007

I find their artistry and viewpoint to be uniquely revealing of their subjects. It is a husband and wife team which enables them to empathize with both the bride and groom. Their wedding photography is very special and extremely reasonable because they make all the photographs available through Kodak. They charge only for their time spent traveling and photographing the wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2009

Eleni · Married on 06/01/2007

Rob and Sam Dutcher are great people to work with! My husband and I love the job they did. We still look at our wedding pictures :-) The price is great considering the outstanding quality of pictures - much better than going with "professional photographers" who care more about their fees and only what pictures they want, instead of what you want. Rob and Sam tell your story of your wedding the way you want it told. They are very professional, flexible, and able to blend in with guests and get the smallest details to complete your wedding story. We recommend Dutcher Photography to anyone. Hire Rob and Sam, you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/12/2009

James · Married on 07/21/2006

The Dutcher's were fantastic wedding photographers. Heck, our wedding was 3 years ago, and I'm taking the time to do post this review, now, if that is any indication how strongly I feel about their work. They were professional in dealings with us leading up to the wedding, professional and courteous to us and our guests during the wedding, and the photos they took were gorgeous. I've seen plenty of nice wedding pictures from other peoples' weddings that do a nice job of showing everyone who was at the event, but the pictures Sam and Rob took for our wedding captured the atmosphere and spirit of the event better than I could have ever imagined. All in all, they're great to work with--nice, friendly, and professional--and their work was gorgeous. I highly recommend Dutcher Photography.

Sent on 10/16/2009
  • W

Westen · Married on 12/29/2003

Rob and Sam were great! Much more flexibility, willing to work with me; they don't just provide a set package. They listened to what I wanted and gave me exactly that. They also have a great eye for those tiny, beautiful moments that made my wedding unique. I'd recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/12/2009

Jamie · Married on 08/16/2014

Dutcher Photography was exactly what I needed for my wedding. We were having a laid back, backyard wedding/bbq and did not wish for an entire day of photos or a huge package. Sam was quick to respond to my inquiries and we were able to set up an hourly rate for just the time that I needed. The pictures were great and professionally done. I received them quickly via flash drive after the wedding as well. Highly recommend for any occasion!!

Sent on 08/29/2014